SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage Remake V5.2 Glitches/Bugs List Thread

+35
Shivarules656
Shyning77
lena1991
Arthandas
vince
FerrFerr
Hansuke
TizerisT
hyperfunkzone
kelgar
jahong201
feeluscactus
Cm_Blast
Trod1219
Imapus Sylicker
loktar
Don Vecta
Ghostpilot
bareknuckleroo
Mr.Din
El Gambito
lalolanda
Iceferno
Criss
Security
xRainmakerRSx
Miles Saintborough
Final Crash
Xillatem
Charco
SORDave
Sshadow5001
bazzza
AnderGus
Saven
39 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Streets of Rage Remake V5.2 Glitches/Bugs List Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake V5.2 Glitches/Bugs List Thread

Post  Hansuke Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:18 pm

bareknuckleroo wrote:I can't remember at the moment but I believe under your Player Profile you can set if you prefer SoR1, SoR2, or SoR3 characters and it may pull the default icon from that? Otherwise I don't remember noticing, it may just default to SoR1 versions permanently once those are unlocked and I've never paid attention to it.
Yes, you can set your preferred SoR1-3 characters in the Player Profile.

However, even if you set it to a certain SoR1-3, a non selected character portrait would still default to SoR1 portrait if unlocked. It would only change the portrait to the preferred SoR set in Player Profile if you move the cursor over the character portrait.

Once you move the cursor away, it would default back to the SoR1 portrait.
Hansuke
Hansuke
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake V5.2 Glitches/Bugs List Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake V5.2 Glitches/Bugs List Thread

Post  Hansuke Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:23 am

Not sure if it's intended, but when using Blaze's sword dash special where she charges forward holding the sword vertically, sometimes the attack doesn't follow through properly.

It should cause knockdown on enemies on the last hit. Instead, sometimes it initiates a grab, causing you to drop the sword if using the SoR2 weapon mode.

Hansuke
Hansuke
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:36 pm

Hansuke wrote:Not sure if it's intended, but when using Blaze's sword dash special where she charges forward holding the sword vertically, sometimes the attack doesn't follow through properly.
It should cause knockdown on enemies on the last hit. Instead, sometimes it initiates a grab, causing you to drop the sword if using the SoR2 weapon mode.
Not a bug. In the bugtrack:
255. General tweaks and fixes.
- While doing Blaze katana blitz you can grab enemies now with no weapon penalty.
(Before 5.2 version)
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Hansuke Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:46 am

vince wrote:
Hansuke wrote:Not sure if it's intended, but when using Blaze's sword dash special where she charges forward holding the sword vertically, sometimes the attack doesn't follow through properly.
Not a bug. In the bugtrack:
255. General tweaks and fixes.
- While doing Blaze katana blitz you can grab enemies now with no weapon penalty.
(Before 5.2 version)
Thanks for pointing that out!

"No weapon penalty" probably only for SoR3 weapon mode.

Didn't know it would be a feature to have the blitz attack be suddenly canceled into a grab. Seems kinda weird, but I guess people wanted that feature?

Hansuke
Hansuke
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:59 pm

Hansuke wrote:"No weapon penalty" probably only for SoR3 weapon mode.
In SoR2 mode, maybe the weapon fall but without penalty? I didn't try.

Hansuke wrote:Didn't know it would be a feature to have the blitz attack be suddenly canceled into a grab. Seems kinda weird, but I guess people wanted that feature?
I think it was like that in the original SoR3, I'm not sure.
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  bareknuckleroo Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:19 pm

This is 100% the intended behavior, something that is easily tested by firing up SoR3 and using the sword blitz there. If you hit with the blitz towards the end of the animation it'll knock down, but the early hits do not knock down, allowing Blaze to use it to get grabs. Initiating a grab with it will also prevent the weapon health from draining despite having hit an enemy.

In SoR3, you did not drop weapons on grabs. In SoRR, if you're playing with SoR2 weapon type this becomes an issue if you want to hold onto the sword for a while; using the sword blitz gets you a free grab, but you drop the sword as a result. It's not a big deal though, as with X-Button blitz setting you can always use her regular blitzes even with a sword equipped.

In summary, if you're using Blaze with SoR2 weapon style, use X-Button blitz setting and don't use the sword blitz. It's not terribly good for damage anyways, and is designed around its ability to get grabs by rushing in. Use her normal 2/3 star blitzes for non-grab damage.

Nora

https://www.youtube.com/bareknuckleroo

Back to top Go down

Post  Arthandas Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:10 am

The 3x widescreen scaling is wrong. Even though it properly scales the image to 1248x720 (triple integer of native 416x240) somehow it creates uneven pixels in the process. For the record, 1x and 2x are fine (pixel perfect).

Also, even though it's not a bug, I don't like the fact the game is set by default to "borderless_sync" instead of "desktop". This means the game is pre-configured to stretch the image to full desktop resolution which always results in uneven pixels and wrong aspect ratio (unless widescreen mode is disabled) and you can't even switch to windowed mode.
Arthandas
Arthandas
Galsia

Puzirkov likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  lena1991 Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:06 am

You can't always skip score counting at stage's end by pressing V (SOR2 route, for example).

lena1991

Back to top Go down

Post  Shyning77 Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:01 pm

Hello everyone !

By playing v5.2 a little more, I have to say that the game feels more balanced and less hard than I first thought, so it's very likely that :
- I was a bit rusty, not having played SORR for years ;
- I needed some getting use to this specific version.

My thoughts about the update are still very positive in general. I didn't push the game to its limits and won't seek specifically for in-game bugs and glitches (I found about none and I've read that most of them have already been addressed). You guys are much more experienced with SORR than I am, so you sure do a better job at that than I could.

But aside from bugs, I still wanted to make a few comments and suggestions, just in case Wink

1. The "hurry up" scene seems almost unplayable with some characters. That makes that short section neither fun nor stressful, just frustrating. I'd suggest to maybe remove the first wall, or make each of them slightly weaker.

2. In the last stage of the SOR1 route (syndicate headquarters), the rolling trolleys make no sound at all, so you can't hear them coming. In SOR1, there was a specific sound for that.

3. EDITOR > PROFILE > DATE OF BIRTH : The up/down inputs are reversed : you have to press up to make the numbers go down and press down to make the numbers go up. It's not a big deal as you only enter your birth date once when you launch the game for the first time, but anyway, it's very unintuitive.

4. OPTIONS > VIDEO > WIDESCREEN MODE : I've switched to "NO" and "YES" a few times to see the difference in display and the game crashed. I don't know if that can be fixed, but it's not really an issue as you're not supposed to switch back and forth several times.

5. To reset some options to the default settings, it seems like you now have to press the "Del" key, but for some reason, nothing happens when I try. I wish it still was a selectable option like before. If not, at least show "DEL = DEFAULT SETTINGS" at the bottom right of the screen.

6. In widescreen mode, there is now some space between the SOR2 timer and the SOR3 gauges. I think that extra space is a good opportunity to insert the "police special" icon permanently right there (only if the police call is enabled in the options, of course), which would allow the player to check at any time if a "police special" is available or not. In 4:3 mode, I'd suggest that the icon would display briefly where it does now, with a blinking red cross on it (similar to when an enemy dies), if you press the "police" button while you no longer can / are not allowed to call the police.

7. At the character select screen, I've always found weird that the portraits get displayed in a different order according to when you unlock each of them. That means that, when all characters have been unlocked, we don't have the same character select screen from a person to another. Unlocking characters in the order you want is fine, but I'd suggest each portrait would be added/inserted so that they get displayed that way in the end :
Axel - Blaze - Adam - Skate - Max - Zan
Roo - Ash - Shiva - Mr.X - Elle - Rudra

So I would switch Skate and Max to begin with, so that Skate is next to his brother Adam. As for the unlockable characters, you would have Roo and Ash first (the unlockables from SOR3), then Shiva and Mr.X (the semi-final and final bosses), and finally the new secret characters Elle and Rudra.

8. About the BGM names, I would change a few of them like this :
07. (remix) "NIGHT CLUB" > "STORE POINTS" (AFAIK, that unfinished GeckoYamori remix of Spin on the Bridge is only used at that "STORE POINTS" screen, given the Dance Club stage now has its proper SOR3 tune).
25. (remix + retro) For consistency, I'd put the same name "THE SUPER THREC" for both versions of the track, with the typo as a nod to the official OST's which all have that typo.
29. (remix + retro) "ATTACK OF THE BARBARIAN" > "ATTACK THE BARBARIAN" (since it's the name of the track on the official OST's).
35. (remix) "RESTAURANT" > "CHINA BEAT" (since it's sort of a mashup of SOR3's Beat Ambience and Revenge of Shinobi's China Town, and that would make a less bland track name).
68. (remix + retro) For consistency, I'd put the same name "THE SUPER THREE" for both versions of the track, this time without the typo as it is a completely different tune than track 25 (8-bit tune vs unused 16-bit tune).

Here you go, that was my two cents. Let me know what you think. Most of those comments are nitpicks, but I think point 6 would be an interesting feature.

I'll post more in this thread if I can think of something else.

SorR Contributor

Benny26 and Puzirkov like this post

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake V5.2 Glitches/Bugs List Thread - Page 7 Empty Bug In SORR Maker

Post  Shivarules656 Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:59 pm

I've noticed that when I boot up a mod in SORMaker that my characters can't run or roll, even though I enable run and roll before I start playing the game, I even had to reinstall 5.1 due to this bug in 5.2's Maker Mode.

Shivarules656
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  attackofthebarbarian Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:38 pm

Back on the scene after a long hiatus.  Got everything tuned up, controls, audio runs fine, everything.  But the game runs slow.

This is a Win10 laptop and..I don't know.
--5.1 runs super smooth--

attackofthebarbarian
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  bareknuckleroo Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:50 pm

Shivarules656 wrote:I've noticed that when I boot up a mod in SORMaker that my characters can't run or roll, even though I enable run and roll before I start playing the game, I even had to reinstall 5.1 due to this bug in 5.2's Maker Mode.

This is not a bug. This is a new feature to 5.2 as per the changelog:

Added Savegame configuration for Sormaker mods, just drop a current Savegame inside the mod folder, options covered :
- AI editor
- Cheats
- Game options
- Video options (blood and shadows)
- Miscellaneous (camera type, sor3 exceptions, collision type, police, run & roll, combo delay)

The mod you are playing has a save file in the folder that is overriding your own game settings. To remove the mod-specific rule settings, rename or delete the save file there so it's not loaded up when you play the mod.

attackofthebarbarian wrote:Back on the scene after a long hiatus. Got everything tuned up, controls, audio runs fine, everything. But the game runs slow.

Try turning VSync off. Not only does that improve responsiveness, but should also fix the issue if your display is running at something other than 60 FPS? This game was made with the assumption you'd be running at 60 FPS so you may need to adjust your graphics setting to that to support it.

Nora

Back to top Go down

Post  Qlembin Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:51 pm

Ive found that in Options > Audio > Voice Types; selecting SOR3 voice types don't exist for Axel or Blaze (tested using Dash + attack), as they continue to use the BK3 equivalent. This issue does not exist in SorR 5.1. Though those are the only two characters I tested, I believe it is safe to assume that it will hold true for all characters

Edit: I tested this as a clean install, no unlocks of any kind

Qlembin
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Hansuke Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:10 pm

Qlembin wrote:Ive found that in Options > Audio > Voice Types; selecting SOR3 voice types don't exist for Axel or Blaze (tested using Dash + attack), as they continue to use the BK3 equivalent. This issue does not exist in SorR 5.1. Though those are the only two characters I tested, I believe it is safe to assume that it will hold true for all characters

I just checked it out and switching to the SOR3 Voices does indeed change the voices to the SO3 versions.

I think you need to play as the SO3 versions of the characters for the voice option to work.

SOR3 Blaze says "Go fire" when doing her Kikoushou and "There are you" when doing her dash+attack move.
Hansuke
Hansuke
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Qlembin Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:57 pm

Hansuke wrote:
Qlembin wrote:Ive found that in Options > Audio > Voice Types; selecting SOR3 voice types don't exist for Axel or Blaze (tested using Dash + attack), as they continue to use the BK3 equivalent. This issue does not exist in SorR 5.1. Though those are the only two characters I tested, I believe it is safe to assume that it will hold true for all characters

I just checked it out and switching to the SOR3 Voices does indeed change the voices to the SO3 versions.

I think you need to play as the SO3 versions of the characters for the voice option to work.

SOR3 Blaze says "Go fire" when doing her Kikoushou and "There are you" when doing her dash+attack move.

Ok I see whats going on... its exactly as you say, I need to play as the SOR3 versions of the characters to hear the SOR3 Voice Types... the problem is, this isn't the case when playing in version 5.1, where if you have the BK3 voice type selected, even if you play as a SOR3 model, you will hear the BK3 voice type and vice versa. If the model of the character is what matters (and I have no way to verify as I just downloaded 5.2; default models are BK3) then the voice type selection is obsolete and should be removed. Maybe the voice type does function properly when you have both models unlocked, but unfortunately I cannot test that feature

Qlembin
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Hansuke Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:32 am

Qlembin wrote:Ok I see whats going on... its exactly as you say, I need to play as the SOR3 versions of the characters to hear the SOR3 Voice Types... the problem is, this isn't the case when playing in version 5.1, where if you have the BK3 voice type selected, even if you play as a SOR3 model, you will hear the BK3 voice type and vice versa. If the model of the character is what matters (and I have no way to verify as I just downloaded 5.2; default models are BK3) then the voice type selection is obsolete and should be removed. Maybe the voice type does function properly when you have both models unlocked, but unfortunately I cannot test that feature
The default "models" in 5.2 are the SOR2/BK2 versions of the characters. Not BK3 as you stated.

As far as I can see, the SOR3/BK3 voice options should only affect the SOR3/BK3 "models" of the characters as those were the only versions of the characters that were given a "translation" when brought over to the West as Streets of Rage 3 (SOR3).

If you are playing an SOR3/BK3 version of the character and select the voice option SOR3, the SOR3/BK3 versions of the characters will have their SOR3 voices for their moves. If the BK3 voice option is selected, the SOR3/BK3 versions of the characters will use their BK3 voices for their moves.

The behavior you described in 5.1 sounds exactly as how it works in 5.2, so I don't understand what the problem is?
Hansuke
Hansuke
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Qlembin Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:04 pm

Hansuke wrote:
The default "models" in 5.2 are the SOR2/BK2 versions of the characters. Not BK3 as you stated.

As far as I can see, the SOR3/BK3 voice options should only affect the SOR3/BK3 "models" of the characters as those were the only versions of the characters that were given a "translation" when brought over to the West as Streets of Rage 3 (SOR3).

If you are playing an SOR3/BK3 version of the character and select the voice option SOR3, the SOR3/BK3 versions of the characters will have their SOR3 voices for their moves. If the BK3 voice option is selected, the SOR3/BK3 versions of the characters will use their BK3 voices for their moves.

The behavior you described in 5.1 sounds exactly as how it works in 5.2, so I don't understand what the problem is?

My mistake... I mixed up the SOR2/BK2 default models with BK3. I probably got jumbled up since the 5.1 default characters were from SOR3/BK3 and 5.2 used the XXX2 variants. Sorry for the mixup

Qlembin
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Clasher_78 Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:15 am

In Streets of Rage Remake (v5.2) (Rev 550), I played as Rudra. In Stage 7 (SoR2 Route), I walked to the upward path. While the biker enemy drove around the stage, there was a softlock. Also, the "Never Return Alive" music played, even when I am not close to the boss yet.

Back to top Go down

Post  bareknuckleroo Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:06 pm

I think this is a known bug; if you somehow manage to enter an alternate route at the same time an enemy wave appears it can glitch out. When you approach an alternate route, wait to confirm all the enemies are dead and kill off any in the current wave (the GO icon will reappear) and then take the alternate route.

Nora

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Crash Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:52 pm

Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  TarasShvets Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:46 pm

Hello guys.
 In the last breath option sor2 enemies screams when they are in the air. In original sor2 they scream when they hit the ground.
In original sor3 when you do a last throw on bosses, you get a slow motion and then your enemy hit a ground. In remake when you throw a boss, you just see a normal speed camera, than boss just die.

Otherwise, the game is nearly perfect, I like it more than a official Sor4. Thanks!

Sorry for my English

TarasShvets

Back to top Go down

Post  TarasShvets Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:08 am

SOR2 Camera Type not working with Rudra And Elle. It’s look like a sor3 camera. When I choose Axel or Adam it’s work normally.
Option was always set on sor2 camera type.

TarasShvets

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7