SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOR Sprite Edits, Fake Screens, & Original Work

+26
MARTIN98
40oz
siroshe
SORDave
daniel2221
SpideyKeiiti
oracle
E253MechaShadow
Red Jack
Queenie89
William Assunção
Xillatem
NeoVamp
Shyning77
Charco
cabo-hicks
klares
Criss
SoRFanatic
Don Vecta
BigDarsh
iceweb38
badjab326
Mr.Din
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Saven
30 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

SOR Sprite Edits, Fake Screens, & Original Work - Page 5 Empty Re: SOR Sprite Edits, Fake Screens, & Original Work

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit Wed May 13, 2015 4:50 pm

Mr.Din wrote:
SoRFanatic wrote:Which guy?
The only other guy than Hakuyo of course Razz mr.beta thug guy. I'm thinking of giving him a fresh new moveset, involving knives.

SOR Sprite Edits, Fake Screens, & Original Work - Page 5 SOR4-2D

Why not use one of 3 unknown character, Footballer with a body strike attack from Megadrive : Collected Works book.
JoyJoyfulRabbit
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Electra

Back to top Go down

SOR Sprite Edits, Fake Screens, & Original Work - Page 5 Empty Re: SOR Sprite Edits, Fake Screens, & Original Work

Post  Mr.Din Wed May 13, 2015 8:16 pm

JoyJoyfulRabbit wrote:
Mr.Din wrote:
SoRFanatic wrote:Which guy?
The only other guy than Hakuyo of course Razz mr.beta thug guy. I'm thinking of giving him a fresh new moveset, involving knives.

SOR Sprite Edits, Fake Screens, & Original Work - Page 5 SOR4-2D

Why not use one of 3 unknown character, Footballer with a body strike attack from Megadrive : Collected Works book.
Nice edit, I remember that screen! Smile

I'm thinking of it for certain, one of the 3 was mentioned to be a muscular guy right? think that one's covered. Slash and the Footballer should be fun to concept.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Fri May 15, 2015 7:09 am

SOR Sprite Edits, Fake Screens, & Original Work - Page 5 Kung_fu_goons_by_dintheabary-d8t4ntl
added another variant, the clan continues to grow! Very Happy
Working on another variant as we speak but I'll post it when I got some more stuff to share, also working on the beta goon.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri May 15, 2015 7:48 am

Mr.Din wrote:
SOR Sprite Edits, Fake Screens, & Original Work - Page 5 Kung_fu_goons_by_dintheabary-d8t4ntl
Working on another variant as we speak but I'll post it when I got some more stuff to share, also working on the beta goon.

So my idea was used, I see? Looks badass!\

But, please, PLEAAAAASE, use proper Chinese names on them! Those randomized gibberish names given in SORR to the other Hakus are just too lol.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Fri May 15, 2015 9:16 am

Don Vecta wrote:
Mr.Din wrote:

But, please, PLEAAAAASE, use proper Chinese names on them! Those randomized gibberish names given in SORR to the other Hakus are just too lol.
If you like that one I think you love the next one up. Smile

I was actually just about to ask for suggestions on names haha. I have Qing Long for one which means (from horrible google translation that is LOL) Dragon but open to more names as long as they translate to some bird or animal Wink. Is Hakuyo a japanese name or chinese? I know there was thread for the japanese translation being White Hawk.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Xillatem Fri May 15, 2015 7:41 pm

Might I suggest Fling Long Chop?
Xillatem
Xillatem
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Criss Sat May 16, 2015 7:57 pm

Don Vecta wrote:
Mr.Din wrote:

Hakuyo = White Hawk in Japanese (translated directly from the manual Kanji). I thus named all the Hakus in SORR as Color/Animal. My Japanese is probably crap but I tried.
Criss
Criss
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Sun May 17, 2015 7:03 am

Xillatem wrote:Might I suggest Fling Long Chop?
LMAO!

@Criss, so Hakuyo is a japanese name?
SOR Sprite Edits, Fake Screens, & Original Work - Page 5 Hakuyopal
last iteration added, hopefully you guys like it!

Forum Elder

MARTIN98 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Criss Sun May 17, 2015 8:33 pm

I just went by the manual, which was japanese. Took the Kanji and managed to translate it to Hakuyo, then found what the Kanji fully meant by Hakuyo (can mean diff thingsdepending on kanji) and no question got White Hawk.
Criss
Criss
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Sun May 17, 2015 11:36 pm

Criss wrote:I just went by the manual, which was japanese. Took the Kanji and managed to translate it to Hakuyo, then found what the Kanji fully meant by Hakuyo (can mean diff thingsdepending on kanji) and no question got White Hawk.
Ah alright, Maybe I'll keep the name Hakuyo for the SoR2 version. I wanted to give him a more japanese styling in contrast to the original kung fu goons. Maybe vecta can provide the chinese for white hawk or something similar? Razz

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:16 am

SOR Sprite Edits, Fake Screens, & Original Work - Page 5 Prev_by_dintheabary-d8wprva
quick mock up while piecing together a stage for a prologue mission. Smile
Had fun with piecing this together, not so much in getting it to function properly so far in action haha.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:56 pm

Mr.Din wrote:
Criss wrote:I just went by the manual, which was japanese. Took the Kanji and managed to translate it to Hakuyo, then found what the Kanji fully meant by Hakuyo (can mean diff thingsdepending on kanji) and no question got White Hawk.
Ah alright, Maybe I'll keep the name Hakuyo for the SoR2 version. I wanted to give him a more japanese styling in contrast to the original kung fu goons. Maybe vecta can provide the chinese for white hawk or something similar? Razz

White Hawk = Bai Ying 白鹰
Black Owl = Hei Diao 黑雕

Later will come up with other color/avian combinations, these were given by my gf.

BTW, that mockup is sick! Love it!

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:42 pm

Don Vecta wrote:
Mr.Din wrote:

White Hawk = Bai Ying 白鹰
Black Owl = Hei Diao 黑雕

Later will come up with other color/avian combinations, these were given by my gf.

BTW, that mockup is sick! Love it!
Excellent, Thanks! I appreciate it, I'll be using these. Very Happy

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:09 pm

SOR Sprite Edits, Fake Screens, & Original Work - Page 5 Boxer__project_neo__by_dintheabary-d85lgfq
Decided to revise some older works! Very Happy
I've drastically changed the boxer variations for more variety, also did some palette fixing.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:15 am

Looks badass! I like them a lot.

Though may I suggest to modify a bit that part of the neck that joins the back? It makes an effect like the neck is stretching for too long. I mean, these guys don't seem to be musclebound, more the wiry, lean type. That part of the neck shouldn't be so busted up by muscle.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:04 am

Don Vecta wrote:Looks badass! I like them a lot.

Though may I suggest to modify a bit that part of the neck that joins the back? It makes an effect like the neck is stretching for too long. I mean, these guys don't seem to be musclebound, more the wiry, lean type. That part of the neck shouldn't be so busted up by muscle.
noted! Very Happy

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:10 pm

SOR Sprite Edits, Fake Screens, & Original Work - Page 5 Moonbeach_by_dintheabary-d9c54pu
concept, native resolution restored. Moon Beach is coming along great, even got the loop going. Hopefully if time allows I'll upload a video, not happy with how the game is playing right now. >_>

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:59 pm

BKM Blaze, completely worked in to replace SoR2 Blaze.
All animations, all frames, including bike/jetski stages.
SOR Sprite Edits, Fake Screens, & Original Work - Page 5 111
SOR Sprite Edits, Fake Screens, & Original Work - Page 5 211
SOR Sprite Edits, Fake Screens, & Original Work - Page 5 311
SOR Sprite Edits, Fake Screens, & Original Work - Page 5 411
SOR Sprite Edits, Fake Screens, & Original Work - Page 5 510
SOR Sprite Edits, Fake Screens, & Original Work - Page 5 610
Fully palettable without Blaze2's "everything uses every colour" issue, I can even edit her stockings.

Totally fake.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:06 pm

Dahm yo, it's as if someone hacked the game! I was so excited until...
CajNatalie wrote:Totally fake.
Neutral

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:41 am

Mr.Din wrote:SOR Sprite Edits, Fake Screens, & Original Work - Page 5 Moonbeach_by_dintheabary-d9c54pu
concept, native resolution restored. Moon Beach is coming along great, even got  the loop going. Hopefully if time allows I'll upload a video, not happy with how the game is playing right now. >_>

Nooooo I preferred widescreen Sad It does look damn pretty though.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:56 pm

badjab326 wrote:
Mr.Din wrote:SOR Sprite Edits, Fake Screens, & Original Work - Page 5 Moonbeach_by_dintheabary-d9c54pu
concept, native resolution restored. Moon Beach is coming along great, even got  the loop going. Hopefully if time allows I'll upload a video, not happy with how the game is playing right now. >_>

Unfortunately widescreen was giving me way too many problems with how I built my stages, placement and pacing had to go back to native.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:12 am

Mr.Din wrote:
badjab326 wrote:

Unfortunately widescreen was giving me way too many problems with how I built my stages, placement and pacing had to go back to native.
Will be playing in stretched 16:9 lol. Understandable though.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:01 pm

did some revising to make the classic look more classic. Very Happy
SOR Sprite Edits, Fake Screens, & Original Work - Page 5 Classicrev
also palettes, because those are fun!
SOR Sprite Edits, Fake Screens, & Original Work - Page 5 Classic%2Bpack

Forum Elder

MARTIN98 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:19 am

Definitly in love with your style Mr.Din. drunken

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:56 pm

This is Caska, Mr X's Lover known as his bodyguard :U Probably Leader of SWATs (cut enemies from SOR2)
Left one used Nora's palette and right one used Mr X palette.I am terrible with that.. :U
SOR Sprite Edits, Fake Screens, & Original Work - Page 5 Caska_zpskngqdes4
JoyJoyfulRabbit
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next