SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

+47
DarkThief
Garcia75
wonderboy4
Shyning77
MRMIdAS
Krizalid
airic
PurpleWhiteOut
S1mple
E.Signal
lalolanda
trialforce
bufs
Kimono
Marcoscloud
Security
MapleStory
Solid One
AnderGus
Final Crash
LucasHB
vince
Doctrine Dark
Late goodbye
xRainmakerRSx
Blackblade34
QuickHit
Criss
Aggort
Xillatem
bareknuckleroo
Saven
El Gambito
Sshadow5001
E253MechaShadow
Benny26
Mr.Din
zakforradio
Rain
Don Vecta
Kane
Iceferno
Herb1e
Zhinkairi
SORDave
Charco
51 posters

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 4 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  SORDave Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:14 pm

Hey a guy can dream can't he! XD

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 4 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  Charco Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:27 pm

Here is the list of new remixes and original tracks for v5.2 thanks to BGM1401:
05. The Prologue
06. In The Bar
08. Up and Up
13. Moon Beach
25. The Super Three
30. Bulldozer
31. Too Deep
33. Alien Power
34. Dilapidated Town
40. Wave 131
45. Waterfront
47. Stealthy Steps
48. Beatnik On The Ship
51. The Poets II
77. Beat Ambience

RIP Paul Crying or Very sad

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Saven and SORDave like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Zhinkairi Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:29 pm

Charco wrote:Here is the list of new remixes and original tracks for v5.2 thanks to BGM1401:
05. The Prologue
06. In The Bar
08. Up and Up
13. Moon Beach
25. The Super Three
30. Bulldozer
31. Too Deep
33. Alien Power
34. Dilapidated Town
40. Wave 131
45. Waterfront
47. Stealthy Steps
48. Beatnik On The Ship
51. The Poets II
77. Beat Ambience

RIP Paul Crying or Very sad
Rest in peace to our veteran. The legacy will live on.
Zhinkairi
Zhinkairi
Galsia

Charco, SORDave and Iceferno like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:30 pm

He did a damn fantastic job on these tracks,hope someone release them.

Plus,RIP BGM1401,you'll be missed. Sad

SORDave
Hakuyo

Charco likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:32 pm

Such a talent. He inspired me to remix the Prologue:

Big-Ben

https://iceferno.com

Saven, Charco, Xillatem, Kane, Zhinkairi and SORDave like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  bareknuckleroo Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:51 pm

It's nice that the Widescreen is a toggle so that you can swap it freely. Widescreen does change how the game feels, making running and closing distances a greater priority.

I do notice a few issues with the release:

• No way to reset options to defaults. The option to reset each options screen to defaults appears to be totally gone.

• No game manual folder; there's no manual to tell you what options do or what the defaults are.

• The shop doesn't use the Locked icon to indicate it's inaccessible until after you first clear the game.

Nora

https://www.youtube.com/bareknuckleroo

Saven likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:55 pm

It's great to see the original skyline back for Round 7.

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 4 Round710

I think I remember it being in the SOR1 for V5 mod so Pixelated Brain probably combined resources from mods for the update.

Big-Ben

https://iceferno.com

Saven, Charco and SORDave like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:10 am

bareknuckleroo wrote:
I do notice a few issues with the release:

• No way to reset options to defaults. The option to reset each options screen to defaults appears to be totally gone.

• No game manual folder; there's no manual to tell you what options do or what the defaults are.

• The shop doesn't use the Locked icon to indicate it's inaccessible until after you first clear the game.

From the bugtrack:
"439. Set default settings is a button now
- DEL key always triggers the option if available
- A confirmation message pops up to accept the changes"

So you can reset to default with the DEL key.

If you want to see a reset button you have to enable a layout first. Megadrive one is easy to use, what you set to punch is cancel, what you set to jump is accept, what you set to special is reset button.

As regards the shop, it says in the descriptive text "Complete the game first."

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Saven likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Herb1e Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:57 am

Iceferno wrote:It's great to see the original skyline back for Round 7.

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 4 Round710

I think I remember it being in the SOR1 for V5 mod so Pixelated Brain probably combined resources from mods for the update.

I feel like he also took the BKM Blaze from SOR1 for V5 as she is now an official character in the game and not an fpg skin.

Donovan

https://sites.google.com/view/herbgamesonline/home

SORDave and zakforradio like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:03 am

Man I wished they've added Beta Zan. XD

SORDave
Hakuyo

Saven likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Xillatem Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:05 am

I'd say about 99% of the assets which originated from non-Sega games have been stripped out and replaced, hence the return of the SoR1 skyline.
Xillatem
Xillatem
SorR Contributor

Saven likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggort Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:20 am

So what's the deal here? How was this worked on so secretly and by who? How did this come out of nowhere? I have seen no discussion of this at all and then just a random video on YouTube.

It had been so long since I was active in SoRR forums I had to create a new account because I couldn't even remember what I used to go by!

This has really blown me away!

Aggort
Galsia

Saven and zakforradio like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sshadow5001 Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:55 am

In case anyone wants to know how to unpack the Data folder from the game here's a little guide

Grab QuickBMS
https://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm
Grab this BMS specifically for unpacking Streets of Rage Remake
https://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?t=2942

Open QuickBMS
Select streets_of_rage_remake.bms
Select SorR.dat
Select a place to extract the contents
Done

All the fpg's, wav's and smk's you can eat.
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmNvw20OcpFvDYiaKt9w

zakforradio, Herb1e and Aggort like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  El Gambito Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:15 am

A nice little upgrade to SoR2 Axel and Skate is that they now have extra idle animation frames, Axel cleans his nose like he did in 1 and 3 and Skate taunts like SoR3.

Donovan

http://gamblinggambit.deviantart.com/

zakforradio likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  bareknuckleroo Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:15 am

Charco wrote:If you want to see a reset button you have to enable a layout first.

Ah, I see the icons at the bottom of the screen don't appear on a fresh file, looks like because default controls weren't actually detecting a controller for P1. Didn't actually play with it, just popped in briefly to the Options menu to see what had changed before I had a chance to pop in a credit.

I coulda sworn the Shop icon was different when it was initially locked previously, but I see I missed the text scroll at the bottom. Oops.

Can anyone else confirm that the Series and Combo buttons have been mixed up? Whatever is set to Series is what does your special input combos, and whatever is set to Combo just does your series (last hit of jab combo).

Nora

Back to top Go down

Post  Criss Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:36 am

Herb1e wrote:
I feel like he also took the BKM Blaze from SOR1 for V5 as she is now an official character in the game and not an fpg skin.

Nothing was taken from that mod afaik. BKM Blaze is all newly done sprites.

El Gambito wrote:A nice little upgrade to SoR2 Axel and Skate is that they now have extra idle animation frames, Axel cleans his nose like he did in 1 and 3 and Skate taunts like SoR3.

Max also idles as well (alongside a brand spanking new run). Don't think that was in 5.1 anyhow
Criss
Criss
SorR Contributor

zakforradio likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rain Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:15 am

I found one with everything unlocked Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 4 20201111
Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 4 20201112
Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 4 20201110

Last edited by Rain on Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Rain
Rain
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Kane Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:23 am

Link to full save?
Kane
Kane
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Rain Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:32 am

Kane wrote:Link to full save?

Link with it full
https://youtu.be/ozNfmPxOf5o
Rain
Rain
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Rain Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:09 am

I love how you don't need to download herStreets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 4 20201113

But her portrait looks kinda funny
Rain
Rain
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Rain Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:34 am

Zhinkairi wrote:
Rain wrote:There needs to be a and update for sormaker
I read you. I wonder what is like having the redesign version of sormaker. Including new mods for anything. Plus, next year will be the 30th Anniversary of Streets of Rage and Sonic, including Fatal Fury & Street Fighter II.

I was thinking it should get more easier to use and not need the fog editor or other programs [example] if I want to rotate a layer I could do so with sormaker or cutscene could be do with sormaker and it would be able to read custom portraits from the fpg editor from the portraits fpg file.
Rain
Rain
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Zhinkairi Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:49 am

Rain wrote:I love how you don't need to download herStreets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 4 20201113

But her portrait looks kinda funny
Caution: I didn't know BKM Blaze was added instead of being modeled. ^^; Anyways, it's solid to see it's the same as SOR2. Smile
Zhinkairi
Zhinkairi
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  QuickHit Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:02 am

I'm gonna pray someone makes a 5.1 mod of Adam, because Holy shit that hook is no good. I appreciate the change to make the move seem unique, but I think in terms of efficency it's no good in comparison to Buffalo straight, but doesn't fix what I find to be the main issue, was being forced to play at 2 stars.

Before playing at 2 stars was because of mobility and the knockdown which sets up for meaty stuff, but now it's like... I am forced to play 2 star to make the input blitz more reliable to cover whiffs and stuff. but this only works at 2 stars since the 3 star is multi hit and just gets blocked to hell lol

QuickHit
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:10 am

QuickHit wrote:I'm gonna pray someone makes a 5.1 mod of Adam, because Holy shit that hook is no good. I appreciate the change to make the move seem unique, but I think in terms of efficency it's no good in comparison to Buffalo straight, but doesn't fix what I find to be the main issue, was being forced to play at 2 stars.

Before playing at 2 stars was because of mobility and the knockdown which sets up for meaty stuff, but now it's like... I am forced to play 2 star to make the  input blitz more reliable to cover whiffs and stuff. but this only works at 2 stars since the 3 star is multi hit and just gets blocked to hell lol

Yeah, I also didn't like the new blitz-2, lost range and was easier to control crowds with a single knockdown punch

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  bareknuckleroo Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:56 am

Noticed something new in 5.2: Roo's back attack now behaves like SoR3 and hits in front of him at the start for a non-knockdown hit, allowing him to do his Punch, Punch, Back Attack, repeat infinite (on enemies that can't block) for faster damage than poking with the tip of his back attack. Neat!

I appreciate being able to swap between the original Retro music and the Remixed music without needing to move around audio files, really nice!

Not sure I'm crazy about the Balanced attack damage setting. Obviously I'm used to the original damage values, which despite SoRR being a mashup of multiple games still worked well, since the SoR2 characters and their relatively slower attack execution and limited safety on offensive specials ended up balancing well with the SoR3 characters who were faster but not quite as strong, even using the same quick SoR3 Pause Delay for both! It mostly affects characters who are hit with -20% or -30% nerfs depending on the settings you use, a significant chunk per hit when they rely on attacks that deal a lot of damage in a single hit, but it also doesn't affect characters much who deal relatively low damage per hit. The change on Roo of +15% on hit or -10% per hit on Zan is basically imperceptible, especially on low damage per hit attacks such as their normal jab strings. Still, here's the breakdown of some of the weirder ones:

• All versions of Blaze except Blaze 3 get hit with a massive hit damage penalty. Even with Combined Pause Delay it's still at least 10%, going up to a 30% penalty on SoR3 Pause Delay. This badly affects her offensive and defensive specials (Kikoushou and Embukyaku) which dish out their damage in one large single blow, and especially hurts Blaze 2 (both costumes now) who is slower and has a startup on the offensive special where enemies can actually escape and punish. And the damage on Kikoushou is variable as it is; hitting late causes damage to drop significantly, whereas using it closer rewards more damage, but at a significant risk during the startup frames. Blaze 3 was already considered the reigning type due to sheer speed and safety, even with lower damage on her attacks. The damage nerfs to her other versions, particularly the slower Blaze 2, just put them badly behind Blaze 3.

• Skate 2 gets no nerf whatsoever to grab damage and Skate 3 gets a minor% buff to grab damage. Skate 3's buff doesn't change much and he still a good chunk less damage than Skate 2 generally can output. Their low jab range is still a liability for actually getting grabs in the first place and at least Skate 2 has the damage to make it worth the risks.

Gotta say I'm still super appreciative that SoRR makes Skate's vault throw timing extremely forgiving compared to SoR2 where you have to be pretty precise.

• Zan, a well known speedster with relatively low damage per hit that relies on high speed, reach, and priority, gets hit with minor nerfs in both hit damage and grab damage. They're so low as to be difficult to notice, but does Zan really need nerfing? I don't think so, but I guess the fact that someone thought he did does confirm my suspicions that he's secretly a lot better than many people give credit for.

• Rudra's hit with a minor grab damage reduction as well as a significant hit damage reduction, much like Blaze. Her focus already is on her grab attacks and that powerful Izuna Drop, not sure why her hit damage needed nerfing, but maybe it's an attempt to set her apart more from Blaze 3?

• Roo doesn't need a buff. +15% on his attack strings doesn't feel like much anyways since all of them tend to hit for near the bare minimum damage and focus on multihitting rapidly rather than dealing individual large damage hits. His strongest single hit affected by it I think actually is his neutral jump attack, which isn't terribly potent, and he's more about keeping up safe poking attacks rather than hitting hard anyways. His single strongest attack, his 3 star, only differs in damage very slightly when all hits connect, basically 2 jabs' worth of damage less on the original damage setting. Technically the buff doesn't change Roo much so it's not a big deal; the main thing holding Roo back in crazy fights is still his exceptionally bad 0 and 1 star blitzes, rather than his damage per hit on his attacks, meaning he has a lot of trouble doing crowd surfing, especially with his lackluster jump kick.

Don Vecta wrote:Yeah, I also didn't like [Adam's] new blitz-2, lost range and was easier to control crowds with a single knockdown punch

Adam's also hit with a significant damage nerf if playing on Balanced damage setting. That's more understandable since he was a major powerhouse all around, but the 2 star blitz he has now is just worse range. Maybe it has better startup safety? Elle still has the similar issue of her 2 star being more spammable and quicker to recover, there's no real option when picking a character to select what their highest blitz level used is if you want your "primary" blitz to cap at the 1 or 2 star version.

QuickHit wrote:Before playing at 2 stars was because of mobility and the knockdown which sets up for meaty stuff, but now it's like... I am forced to play 2 star to make the  input blitz more reliable to cover whiffs and stuff. but this only works at 2 stars since the 3 star is multi hit and just gets blocked to hell lol

You can use X Button type Special Combo setting - pressing attack while running will always do your 0 star blitz for easy knockdowns (great for Zan, Max, Rudra, Adam, Axel) and pressing the special combo button while running will instead do your current star blitz move. That gives you access to both your 0 star and your current star level at any time.

Nora

Don Vecta likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next