SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

+47
DarkThief
Garcia75
wonderboy4
Shyning77
MRMIdAS
Krizalid
airic
PurpleWhiteOut
S1mple
E.Signal
lalolanda
trialforce
bufs
Kimono
Marcoscloud
Security
MapleStory
Solid One
AnderGus
Final Crash
LucasHB
vince
Doctrine Dark
Late goodbye
xRainmakerRSx
Blackblade34
QuickHit
Criss
Aggort
Xillatem
bareknuckleroo
Saven
El Gambito
Sshadow5001
E253MechaShadow
Benny26
Mr.Din
zakforradio
Rain
Don Vecta
Kane
Iceferno
Herb1e
Zhinkairi
SORDave
Charco
51 posters

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 2 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  Charco Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:24 am

Iceferno wrote:
Charco wrote:The AI has improved greatly, the game is much more of a challenge now, as it should be, v5.1 was a bit of a cakewalk on Normal difficulty.
No, that's bullshit. Enemy AI should not be hard on lower difficulties. It's why I hate SOR4. They basically kept their behaviour the same from Easy to Mania (only increasing speed and numbers). I'm not gonna be able to progress to higher difficulties in 5.2. I played Hard on 5.1 recently and that was a fair challenge that I felt like I could eventually master. I've got nowhere to progress to with this update.

Excuse me? The AI is not hard on lower difficulties. v5.1 was too easy on Normal difficulty, that's just a fact. The game plays much better now. I hope you enjoy the update as the days go by. I'm not sure why you seem angry.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 2 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  Iceferno Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:29 am

So what exactly are you expecting Mania to be if you want Normal to be hard? You have to understand difficulty levels.

Big-Ben

https://iceferno.com

santossousa.s2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:32 am

Iceferno wrote:So what exactly are you expecting Mania to be if you want Normal to be hard? You have to understand difficulty levels.

Normal is the default difficulty, it should not be too easy, that's just how games should be. The default difficulty is generally the one that most players will use. I understand difficulty levels. Mania should be very difficult, you have Easy, Normal, Hard, Hardest, and Mania. Loads of choice and you can improve as you become more comfortable with the game.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:47 am

Iceferno wrote:
- You can move your 5.1 save data over

I see the issue. This is not recommended AT ALL. This is a a completely different version to v5.1. Carrying over old saves from a previous version will completely mess up your configuration. Make sure to play with a fresh install.

I will add this to the main download thread.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:00 pm

It just opens up the game. The only configuration I had to change was the aspect ratio.

Big-Ben

https://iceferno.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:05 pm

I thought you had said that you moved over your v5.1 save?

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:10 pm

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 2 UVI7Qi4

Abadede on Mania with default options. I had some luck, but figured out some tactics against him, like fighting him in the corners.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zakforradio Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:32 pm

I just downloaded the game now. This is something like 5 years since the release of v5.1? Simply amazing! And for all those who thought SoRR was outdated. They won't be feeling that anymore. Just with widescreen alone, I think it was a big change and already happy with that. I think everyone should congratulate themselves for this moment in history

Edit: SoRR v5.1 released about 5 years ago

Last edited by zakforradio on Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
zakforradio
zakforradio
Signal

Charco and Shyning77 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:41 pm

Yo! This update is amazing, I'd like to point out that according the bugfix text you don't have to change your mods for widescreen support, it will support it if you place an empty file named auto_widescreen and it'll do the adjusting for you, you'll also need two additional png files title_wide.png and credits_wide.png.

I'm looking forward to playing mods in the future especially now that enemies and palettes are exclusive to each mod, big QOL update. Smile

Sad to hear of the passing of BGM1401, his contributions are great additions. Doubtful

Edit: I uploaded an alternative link on the site server. I'm not a big fan of meganz.
https://woc.brawlersavenue.net/downloads/SORRv52_rev550.rar
Mr.Din
Mr.Din
Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Charco likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:10 pm

The update is just simply great, the game feels so much more complete now. The widescreen alone brings it way more up to date, not mentioning all the other tweaks and core work that's gone into it.

What fills me with dread is having to dust off the old modding skills after 7 years to bring mine up to spec now. I barely remember what an FPG is Whut?

Admin

https://sorr.forumotion.net

Charco and Shyning77 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:23 pm

Benny26 wrote:The update is just simply great, the game feels so much more complete now. The widescreen alone brings it way more up to date, not mentioning all the other tweaks and core work that's gone into it.

What fills me with dread is having to dust off the old modding skills after 7 years to bring mine up to spec now. I barely remember what an FPG is Whut?

Laughing

All you will have to do is use those files from the Resources folder to enable widescreen and then create edits for any 320x240 stages. The game does the rest it seems.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Benny26 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  E253MechaShadow Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:52 pm

Just who the hell is Pixelated Brain, why did he tease and release the update so non-chalantly, and who had been working on it for about 5 years?...
E253MechaShadow
E253MechaShadow
Galsia

Charco likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sshadow5001 Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:56 pm

Looks like we'll have to get the new data extracted to be able to modify the characters.

Edit
ok wow I was able to extract the data... like really easy. I had been trying to figure it out with 5.1 for years lol.
Yup all the fpg have no noise by the look of it. if I wanna get the Colour Separation mods to work I'll have to denoise them. Wonder if they have any new sprites to work with.

Edit again
Yup just a quick look through Elle's fpg and she's got 3 new sprites. 2 of them seems to just be more Roll frames and another is this
Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 2 Dfsgdfs
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmNvw20OcpFvDYiaKt9w

zakforradio and Puzirkov like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  zakforradio Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:49 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:Looks like we'll have to get the new data extracted to be able to modify the characters.

Edit
ok wow I was able to extract the data... like really easy. I had been trying to figure it out with 5.1 for years lol.
Yup all the fpg have no noise by the look of it. if I wanna get the Colour Separation mods to work I'll have to denoise them. Wonder if they have any new sprites to work with.

Edit again
Yup just a quick look through Elle's fpg and she's got 3 new sprites. 2 of them seems to just be more Roll frames and another is this
Let the games begin!
zakforradio
zakforradio
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:30 pm

Spidey needs to se this!

Also yeah the game IS difficult buuuuut that won't stop me from playing it!

Plus I like how the new sprites for the Seeker enemies has been redone & resembles there Game Gear counterpart I have yet to try out the SOR1 Route but I'll try it out soon aaaaand I love the new JetSki & Bike sections they've changed it alot!

But you know,I wish there was a way to contact Pixelated Brain.

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  El Gambito Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:00 pm

No one's gonna talk about Blaze's new shop sprite?  Wink

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 2 Image_10

The game seems more tough but it could be that I've got rusty since I've last played this game but eh, could still beat the game on normal and that's good enough for me!

My own Blaze shop mod doesn't work in the new version ;_;

Donovan

http://gamblinggambit.deviantart.com/

Charco likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:30 pm

I decided to blast one loop of the new Alien Power remix on my home theater speakers in my apartment building. I figured that was a nice gift for all my neighbors!

RIP Paul, you will be missed.
Saven
Saven

Charco likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:49 pm

Saven wrote:I decided to blast one loop of the new Alien Power remix on my home theater speakers in my apartment building. I figured that was a nice gift for all my neighbors!

RIP Paul, you will be missed.

Alien Power is my favourite of the new remixes!

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Saven likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:02 pm

Can't believe he passed away Sad

Plus I fricken LOVE the new remixes,Im liking the new version of Poets II,much better then the old version!

Too many remixes to name that I like Very Happy also if they plan to update the game again,I really hope they add neweer stuff.

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:42 pm

Did anyone find the poor Galsia in the burning bar? Laughing

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Saven likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:43 pm

Charco wrote:Did anyone find the poor Galsia in the burning bar? Laughing

Lol I did,his head was on fire & then died! XD

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:49 pm

Poor guy, he could have been the boss of The Syndicate some day.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:53 pm

Heh true.

So,what do you think what they'll add in the next update?

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zhinkairi Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:55 pm

SORDave wrote:Heh true.

Add juggle and more combos. And more version of the characters from the first 3 games, unless they can mod characters.
Zhinkairi
Zhinkairi
Galsia

SORDave likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:07 pm

Zhinkairi wrote:
SORDave wrote:Heh true.

Add juggle and more combos. And more version of the characters from the first 3 games, unless they can mod characters.

Hey that sounds like an interesting idea. What about adding stuff like that Car smashed against the wall,the Beta version of Zan,BK3 Blaze's uncensored flying kick,the unused stage assets from the betas of SOR1 & BK3,uncensored version of the Nora enemies that never got used,that hockey mask looking goon with the boxing gloves,the stages from the GG & SMS versions of SOR 1 & 2 including the Predator looking boss & unused stuff that got scrapped from the previous SORR versions.

SORDave
Hakuyo

Zhinkairi likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next