SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

+48
Disgaea36
DarkThief
Garcia75
wonderboy4
Shyning77
MRMIdAS
Krizalid
airic
PurpleWhiteOut
S1mple
E.Signal
lalolanda
trialforce
bufs
Kimono
Marcoscloud
Security
MapleStory
Solid One
AnderGus
Final Crash
LucasHB
vince
Doctrine Dark
Late goodbye
xRainmakerRSx
Blackblade34
QuickHit
Criss
Aggort
Xillatem
bareknuckleroo
Saven
El Gambito
Sshadow5001
E253MechaShadow
Benny26
Mr.Din
zakforradio
Rain
Don Vecta
Kane
Iceferno
Herb1e
Zhinkairi
SORDave
Charco
52 posters

Page 14 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 14 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  Security Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:29 pm

Pause delay; Sor2 is the best. Fallen enemies take the longest to wake up, leaving you more time to maneuver (dodge, grab, catch them in a middle of a combo the instant they are up).
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 14 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  Final Crash Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:37 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX8RGAUw6gA
I deliberately created a tense situation at the end Smile
Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

xRainmakerRSx likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sshadow5001 Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:22 pm

Security wrote:Pause delay; Sor2 is the best. Fallen enemies take the longest to wake up, leaving you more time to maneuver (dodge, grab, catch them in a middle of a combo the instant they are up).
wait for real? I didn't realise that it effected enemies too? Has it always been like this?
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmNvw20OcpFvDYiaKt9w

Back to top Go down

Post  E.Signal Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:35 pm

Final Crash wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX8RGAUw6gA
I deliberately created a tense situation at the end Smile
You've managed to survive SOR3 Shiva with only a tap of hp lol
E.Signal
E.Signal
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  bareknuckleroo Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:37 pm

Pause Delay affects how much your character "pauses" when hitting with an attack. It doesn't pause all action onscreen or other enemies, and strictly is just there to add a delay when hitting with your attacks to slow down how quickly you bust out combos. Pause Delay SoR3 is the fastest, allowing you to rapidly attack, Remake is a moderate but still quick delay, SoR2 is slow delay, and Combined uses per-character settings (SoR2 characters use SoR2 speed, SoR3 use SoR3 speed, Rudra is really slow on Combined, etc). Combined is unbalanced and causes all the SoR2 characters to feel slow and unwieldy compared to the fast counterparts. SoR3 Pause Delay is how both SoR1 and SoR3 behave, where there's no artificial pause any time your attacks connected.

Pause delay; Sor2 is the best. Fallen enemies take the longest to wake up

As far as I'm aware, enemy wakeup speeds are mostly affected by enemy type. SoR3 Galsias and Donovans have a much faster than SoR2 version wakeup speed for instance (SoR3 Donovans get up nearly instantly from knockdown). SoR2 Pause Delay may introduce a slightly longer wakeup speed for some enemies, but you can run forward and easily grab enemies as they stand under Remake and SoR3 Pause Delay. SoR2 Pause Delay introduces a major problem that makes it awkward to use when hitting multiple enemies at once, where you have an unusually large pause as the attack connects with each enemy. The best way to see this is to jump kick a large group of 3 to 5 enemies all grouped together in SoR2 Pause Delay. What happens is you actually "float" in midair as your jumpkick connects with each enemy, but on higher difficulties as you're being affected by the delay, another enemy can walk up and simply punch you out of the air! On SoR3 Pause Delay, your jump kick hits all enemies grouped together more or less instantly, without the game individually adding a pause between each enemy that's hit. You can easily see there's an awkward, lengthy delay on multi-hit attacks like Blaze's 3 star Blitz when hitting a crowd of enemies. I prefer faster paced beat 'em ups as it is, so I use SoR3 Pause Delay, but the way SoR2 Pause Delay behaves when hitting a large enemy group is problematic enough that I'm not fond of it.

For reference, SoR4 uses something closer to Remake Pause Delay, and also appears to have per-attack Pause Delay where fast jabs like Axel's standing combo have lower delay than heavier hitting specials or Blitzes?

Last edited by bareknuckleroo on Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nora

https://www.youtube.com/bareknuckleroo

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Crash Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:00 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CApPDYZPUo
I completed all rounds in Boss Rush Smile
Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

xRainmakerRSx, bareknuckleroo and E.Signal like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:19 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:
Security wrote:Pause delay; Sor2 is the best. Fallen enemies take the longest to wake up, leaving you more time to maneuver (dodge, grab, catch them in a middle of a combo the instant they are up).
wait for real? I didn't realise that it effected enemies too? Has it always been like this?
The old SorR v5.1 had a manual. Quoted from it:

PAUSE DELAY
Sets the delay a character has when hitting anything.
SOR2: Forces all the characters to have the SOR2 delay, a long delay that emphasizes strategy
SOR3: Forces all the characters to have the SOR3 delay, a short delay that makes the action more dynamic
COMBINED: Characters have the delay from their original games
REMAKE: A middle delay, between SOR2 and SOR3, for players not satisfied with any of the previous ones
Security
Security
Fog

xRainmakerRSx likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  bareknuckleroo Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:47 pm

The manual, as you notice, says nothing about Pause Delay affecting how long enemies stay knocked down ("Sets the delay a character has when hitting anything"). I've tested again in 5.2 and I can't notice any differences in how long enemies are affected by knockdown when using SoR2 Pause Delay vs SoR3 Pause Delay. It seems to be tied to what enemy type it is, rather than a setting like Pause Delay. Enemies get up just as fast whether on SoR2 or SoR3 Pause Delay, regardless of what character you play as.

Nora

Final Crash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Crash Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:09 am

I don't see the difference either. Enemies behave the same anyway
Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

bareknuckleroo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleWhiteOut Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:30 am

Wow, I can't believe this is happening and I'm so excited to play! I've been following SoRR since before v5 on the old forum (under a different username). I'm super grateful for all this new content. @the haters, I think constructive criticism would be a lot more helpful than bashing, though some users have a long history of bashing here and I'd take them with a grain of salt lol

PurpleWhiteOut
Galsia

Benny26, Charco, xRainmakerRSx, Shyning77, zakforradio and Puzirkov like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  bareknuckleroo Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:52 am

Just cleared 5.2 on Mania as Zan, default lives, no Police, no continues on the SoR2 route. AI didn't strike me as wildly different from 5.1. All the difficulty modes I tried feel similar enough to 5.1 that it's not like 5.2 plays wildly different or anything. I'm still not sure how I feel about Widescreen but functionally it doesn't change the game too much compared to other remakes of 4:3 games I've seen that add Widescreen (Wild Guns Reloaded). The one thing it does change is it makes characters with inherent long range attacks (Zan, Mr. X, Rudra) get a bit more time to make free shots on enemies as they're spawning, but it really didn't change the gameplay in a fundamentally different way as I'd sorta feared it might. Game still felt like 5.1, just with a bit of extra horizontal space.

Kinda wish I'd recorded the run, it went better than I expected.

Nora

Charco, E.Signal and Final Crash like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Crash Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:52 am

I tried running the Xbox version on my Xbox 360. I got an error. However, 5.0a still works fine.
Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

zakforradio likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  E.Signal Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:53 pm

bareknuckleroo wrote:Just cleared 5.2 on Mania as Zan, default lives, no Police, no continues on the SoR2 route. AI didn't strike me as wildly different from 5.1. All the difficulty modes I tried feel similar enough to 5.1 that it's not like 5.2 plays wildly different or anything. I'm still not sure how I feel about Widescreen but functionally it doesn't change the game too much compared to other remakes of 4:3 games I've seen that add Widescreen (Wild Guns Reloaded). The one thing it does change is it makes characters with inherent long range attacks (Zan, Mr. X, Rudra) get a bit more time to make free shots on enemies as they're spawning, but it really didn't change the gameplay in a fundamentally different way as I'd sorta feared it might. Game still felt like 5.1, just with a bit of extra horizontal space.

Kinda wish I'd recorded the run, it went better than I expected.

Don't worry, we'll take your word for it. GGs Very Happy
E.Signal
E.Signal
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Crash Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:07 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtCf_2tlUrQ
Now you cannot get double points for killing Jack (to some extent this is correct - since he is not a boss) Smile
Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Crash Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:10 am

Big Boss vs Syndicate traitors
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c5BT-EzBiQ
Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

Security and E.Signal like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:06 pm

If you unlock Enemy AI. And put "Teamwork" to "Yes"... Then enemies behave more like their 5.1 iterations. They spread away a little bit less and get close to each other, in order to use something like coordinated attacks against you... Giving you the perfect chance to blitz them hard; especially if you 're Max! Still though, their ability to interrupt your attacks, especially the heaviest ones, is too annoying; even if the damage they deal to you is miniscule.
Security
Security
Fog

E.Signal and Final Crash like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Crash Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:40 pm

Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sshadow5001 Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:13 pm

Topless Zan has gotta be a bug.
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

Security likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:18 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:
Or an unlocked palette from the later ones...? I just now opened the 5.1 version with my 100% savegame from old times and going through paletters, there is one like that.

I don't know about 5.2 though, i still haven't unlocked everything!
Security
Security
Fog

Final Crash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Crash Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:20 pm

I used save file from 5.1 version
Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

Security likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sshadow5001 Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:18 pm

Security wrote:
Sshadow5001 wrote:
Or an unlocked palette from the later ones...? I just now opened the 5.1 version with my 100% savegame from old times and going through paletters, there is one like that.

I don't know about 5.2 though, i still haven't unlocked everything!
I was joking lol
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

Security and Final Crash like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Crash Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:31 am

Goodbye Lao Da Twisted Evil
Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Crash Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:22 am

I noticed that SOR2 Shiva got weaker. Very annoying Slum and bodyguards (these are the most dangerous enemies in SOR3 survival)
Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Crash Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:06 pm

Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

Security likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:20 pm

Could somebody please remind me the conditions for Rudra's special ending?

In 5.2 i used Rudra, with enemy AI editor set to Default values, in Easy difficulty, Route 1 sor legit from start to finish and still, i didn't get it. Does it require Normal difficulty or something?
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next