SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 12 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  Final Crash on Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:21 pm

I will add this to the bugs section Smile
Final Crash
Final Crash
Nora

Posts : 150
Join date : 2018-08-14

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 12 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  MapleStory on Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:49 pm

No problems streaming/recording the game via OBS on my end. Here's my first full (sloppy) Mania run, done with CPU partner.


MapleStory
Galsia

Posts : 6
Join date : 2018-09-20

Charco likes this post

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 12 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  Final Crash on Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:59 pm

I meant that every time for mods and for the main game, you need to adjust the OBS screen resolution. I'm talking about Widescreen.
Final Crash
Final Crash
Nora

Posts : 150
Join date : 2018-08-14

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 12 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  Sshadow5001 on Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:23 pm

Final Crash wrote:I meant that every time for mods and for the main game, you need to adjust the OBS screen resolution. I'm talking about Widescreen.
Aren't there settings to tweak in mods to make them utilise widescreen? Might have been in a txt file in the game folder.
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

Posts : 170
Join date : 2016-11-13
Location : UK

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmNvw20OcpFvDYiaKt9w

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 12 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  Charco on Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:30 pm

Yes, from the bugtack:

363. Added widescreen compatibility for Sormaker:
- Create a file called "enable_widescreen" in Sormaker mod folder to allow the mod to run in widescreen mode.

Also, another very important feature:

430. Sormaker: Create an empty file called "auto_widescreen" to allow the game to hack some positions like enemy walking, so the whole SMK stage does not need to be adapted to 16:9 mode.


You will find these files in the mod/respurces folder. Simply drag and drop them in the folder of your mod you want to change from 4:3 to 16:9.
Please note that you may experience some issues with stages that are 320x240, these would need to have fpgs for 16:9.

The bugtrack.txt is in the main folder. I also added it to the download thread here: https://sorr.forumotion.net/t838-new-streets-of-rage-remake-v5-2-download-and-info

_________________
/*
Autor : BoMbErLiNk
Grupo : BoMbErGaMeS
Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Posts : 1029
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Ireland

SORDave, zakforradio and Final Crash like this post

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 12 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  xRainmakerRSx on Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:13 pm

Charco wrote:Yes, from the bugtack:

363. Added widescreen compatibility for Sormaker:
- Create a file called "enable_widescreen" in Sormaker mod folder to allow the mod to run in widescreen mode.

Also, another very important feature:

430. Sormaker: Create an empty file called "auto_widescreen" to allow the game to hack some positions like enemy walking, so the whole SMK stage does not need to be adapted to 16:9 mode.


You will find these files in the mod/respurces folder. Simply drag and drop them in the folder of your mod you want to change from 4:3 to 16:9.
Please note that you may experience some issues with stages that are 320x240, these would need to have fpgs for 16:9.

The bugtrack.txt is in the main folder. I also added it to the download thread here: https://sorr.forumotion.net/t838-new-streets-of-rage-remake-v5-2-download-and-info




This is very true my dear friend Charco '.. as you said these files and some look at the layers that are 4x3 320x240 and some retouching are enough for the mod to run well.

I'm already working on "sor metal slug se 1.7" to soon launch "sor metal slug se 1.7 16x9 in v 5.2" and I'm not suffering so much to be able to do it!

What may be more work, and perhaps not all mod creators do is to review your mods for when to play, to feel if something has gone too far or turned into garbage because of the version improvements.

_________________
Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 12 22xbuq
| sor r maximum carnage | sor  metal slug special edition | 2015 updates an new layouts |
xRainmakerRSx
xRainmakerRSx
Donovan

Posts : 50
Join date : 2013-02-16
Location : Brazil

Charco likes this post

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 12 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  Charco on Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:15 pm

I'm glad you are testing your mod and making updates for widescreen. Good work Smile

_________________
/*
Autor : BoMbErLiNk
Grupo : BoMbErGaMeS
Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Posts : 1029
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 12 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  xRainmakerRSx on Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:25 pm

Charco wrote:I'm glad you are testing your mod and making updates for widescreen. Good work Smile

I have suffered a lot in the past to understand the sormaker engine, the layers. the error effect of pure black among many other things. So now I can work easier on certain modifications, including reducing the enemies' long health bars! After all, we have a percentage of HP that can be added depending on the difficulty.

The only thing that makes me sad is that the video filter (which makes the game much more beautiful on my big TV) does not work in widescreen! I understood that this was left to avoid bugs, even though I never had any bugs due to the video filter.

I was also unable to operate any other filter via reshade or sweetFIX or even apply the incomparable 4xBRz independently!

So if anyone succeeds in this please let me know!

_________________
Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 12 22xbuq
| sor r maximum carnage | sor  metal slug special edition | 2015 updates an new layouts |
xRainmakerRSx
xRainmakerRSx
Donovan

Posts : 50
Join date : 2013-02-16
Location : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 12 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  Charco on Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:29 pm

Yeah, as regards difficulty, there's this new feature also:

514. Added HP table for Sormaker:
- Create a file called "enable_hp" or "enable_hp_bk3" in your root mod folder to enable it
- enable_hp will use the in build table designed for this game
- enable_hp_bk3 will use the original bk3 life increase, +8 each difficulty level (build your game with easy lifebars in mind)

_________________
/*
Autor : BoMbErLiNk
Grupo : BoMbErGaMeS
Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Posts : 1029
Join date : 2013-01-09
Location : Ireland

Zhinkairi and Final Crash like this post

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 12 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  xRainmakerRSx on Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:34 pm

Charco wrote:Yeah, as regards difficulty, there's this new feature also:

514. Added HP table for Sormaker:
- Create a file called "enable_hp" or "enable_hp_bk3" in your root mod folder to enable it
- enable_hp will use the in build table designed for this game
- enable_hp_bk3 will use the original bk3 life increase, +8 each difficulty level (build your game with easy lifebars in mind)



I am considering these two options ... BUT on both it would be necessary to manually reduce each enemy to make sense. Perhaps a fine adjustment in the bosses' HP or the characters in the scenes that I find most difficult to pass should be enough. I'll think about it a lot.

_________________
Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 12 22xbuq
| sor r maximum carnage | sor  metal slug special edition | 2015 updates an new layouts |
xRainmakerRSx
xRainmakerRSx
Donovan

Posts : 50
Join date : 2013-02-16
Location : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 12 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  LucasHB on Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:01 am

Hey, guys... I'm back with some observations now that I've played the game.

THE GOOD: Graphically, the game continues awesome. Other than what was included (waterfront scene) I couldn't figure out what was altered overall. Which I guess it's a good thing, whatever it was, consistency was maintained. Audio and new songs continue to be awesome. Widescreen is a welcome addition, but...

THE BAD: ...it looks strange to me. The characters suddenly seem A LOT smaller and scattered around that big space, as if I was playing SOR1 or something. Maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it. Also, I couldn't find the 2Xscale filter, it's my favorite one to play. Does anybody know why it's not available on WIDE?

THE UGLY: Just kidding. Nothing ugly, I'm really glad for whoever did this version, it's clear they put a lot of work into it. I'll keep playing and see if I can get used to the small things that are bothering me.

_________________
They will risk their lives... on the STREETS OF RAGE!!!
LucasHB
LucasHB
Forum Elder

Posts : 25
Join date : 2013-02-08

Final Crash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 12 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  Final Crash on Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:10 am

LucasHB wrote:Hey, guys... I'm back with some observations now that I've played the game.

THE GOOD: Graphically, the game continues awesome. Other than what was included (waterfront scene) I couldn't figure out what was altered overall. Which I guess it's a good thing, whatever it was, consistency was maintained. Audio and new songs continue to be awesome. Widescreen is a welcome addition, but...

THE BAD: ...it looks strange to me. The characters suddenly seem A LOT smaller and scattered around that big space, as if I was playing SOR1 or something. Maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it. Also, I couldn't find the 2Xscale filter, it's my favorite one to play. Does anybody know why it's not available on WIDE?

THE UGLY: Just kidding. Nothing ugly, I'm really glad for whoever did this version, it's clear they put a lot of work into it. I'll keep playing and see if I can get used to the small things that are bothering me.

Scale2X (Wide) = Normal3X Smile
Final Crash
Final Crash
Nora

Posts : 150
Join date : 2018-08-14

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 12 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  Security on Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:21 am

I managed to beat it in Mania, but unlike 5.1 i used up all of my continues. Setting to Auto Sor2, not hitbox, helped a little bit. Still, enemies are very pesky now and they can even interrupt you, while wreacking havoc. Normal enemies have been buffed and difficult bosses, especially Big Bear, have been nerfed. Even Abadede lost his (almost) invulnerable retaliations. Will try to unlock all things, but one thing is certain; 5.1's Mania was much, much easier than this. And combat ran smoother.
Security
Security
Fog

Posts : 226
Join date : 2016-03-08
Location : Syndicate Headquarters

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 12 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  Final Crash on Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:26 am

Oh. However, Scale2x only works with mods
Final Crash
Final Crash
Nora

Posts : 150
Join date : 2018-08-14

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 12 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  Sshadow5001 on Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:29 am

I still don't fully understand what the 4 hitbox settings do.
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

Posts : 170
Join date : 2016-11-13
Location : UK

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmNvw20OcpFvDYiaKt9w

Final Crash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 12 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  Criss on Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:09 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:I still don't fully understand what the 4 hitbox settings do.

- Hitbox Sor2, improved Sor2 hitbox with Sor2 spark and position. (Brand new SOR2 style hitboxes as close as you can get to the original with the SOR2 hit effects)
- Hitbox Sor3, original Sor3 hitbox with a few tweaks with Sor3 spark and position. (Brand new SOR3 style hitboxes from the original with the SOR3 hit effects)
- Auto Sor2, old autogenerated hitboxes of SORR (Sor2 spark mode), compatible with char/enemy Sormaker mods. (Basically 5.1 hitboxes with SOR2 hit effects)
- Auto Sor3, old autogenerated hitboxes of SORR (Sor3 spark mode), compatible with char/enemy Sormaker mods (Basically 5.1 hitboxes with SOR3 hit effects)

Basically, if you want accuracy to SOR2/3, choose the hitbox type that suits you. If you prefer 5.1's generalized but not totally accurate hitboxes, then choose the Auto type.
Criss
Criss
SorR Contributor

Posts : 66
Join date : 2013-02-10

Saven, Sshadow5001 and zakforradio like this post

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 12 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  Security on Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:23 pm

Criss wrote:
Sshadow5001 wrote:I still don't fully understand what the 4 hitbox settings do.

- Hitbox Sor2, improved Sor2 hitbox with Sor2 spark and position. (Brand new SOR2 style hitboxes as close as you can get to the original with the SOR2 hit effects)
- Hitbox Sor3, original Sor3 hitbox with a few tweaks with Sor3 spark and position. (Brand new SOR3 style hitboxes from the original with the SOR3 hit effects)
- Auto Sor2, old autogenerated hitboxes of SORR (Sor2 spark mode), compatible with char/enemy Sormaker mods. (Basically 5.1 hitboxes with SOR2 hit effects)
- Auto Sor3, old autogenerated hitboxes of SORR (Sor3 spark mode), compatible with char/enemy Sormaker mods (Basically 5.1 hitboxes with SOR3 hit effects)

Basically, if you want accuracy to SOR2/3, choose the hitbox type that suits you. If you prefer 5.1's generalized but not totally accurate hitboxes, then choose the Auto type.

Thanks for the analysis! Hmmm, that's why after setting the Hitbox to "auto sor2", i was finally able to beat the Mania difficulty in 5.2 (sor2 route)! SorR 5.1 mechanisms were perfect!
Security
Security
Fog

Posts : 226
Join date : 2016-03-08
Location : Syndicate Headquarters

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 12 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  xRainmakerRSx on Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:45 pm

[quote="bareknuckleroo"]
Don Vecta wrote:Which basically summarizes that Attack Damage in Balanced sucks donkey balls. This was a feature that the game didn't need. At. All.

With all my respect, you are a legend to the community and you helped me a lot directly and indirectly with the sormaker engine so I just have to thank you. BUT on this particular issue I will need to disagree with you and agree with other people!

Damage balancing is one of the positives of this version!

Consede that, this balanced change in damage still keeps Max, Shiva and the strongest of 5.1 perfectly able to run in mania in 5.2! That was not spoiled!
As a bonus, all those characters that in 5.1 were impossible to play above the standard difficulty are now usable!

Max is no longer an elder god, but he is good!

Sor1 characters were great, they are no longer, BUT are still good!

Sor3 characters (except Shiva) had poor damage, they are now competitive!

Shiva itself is better than ever!

Ok .... Mr.X could easily have won a "police button" shooting 360 degrees with two or three new frames to not be the only playable character without that button and YES we could have the F3 filter without the freezing bugs in 4x3 and existing in 16x9 but not everything is perfect.

My score for 5.1 was 8 and now at 5.2 it is 9!

Let's Play!


_________________
Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 12 22xbuq
| sor r maximum carnage | sor  metal slug special edition | 2015 updates an new layouts |
xRainmakerRSx
xRainmakerRSx
Donovan

Posts : 50
Join date : 2013-02-16
Location : Brazil

Charco likes this post

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 12 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  Final Crash on Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:11 pm

I couldn't make the HUNTER mod widescreen. I have used Charco methods
Final Crash
Final Crash
Nora

Posts : 150
Join date : 2018-08-14

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 12 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  vince on Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:22 pm

LucasHB wrote:THE BAD: ...it looks strange to me. The characters suddenly seem A LOT smaller and scattered around that big space, as if I was playing SOR1 or something. Maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it. Also, I couldn't find the 2Xscale filter, it's my favorite one to play. Does anybody know why it's not available on WIDE?
I feel exactly the same: characters smaller and slower. A little frustrating.

Besides, anybody knows if the limit of 99 mods has been increase?
vince
vince
Electra

Posts : 256
Join date : 2015-04-01

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 12 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  xRainmakerRSx on Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:41 pm

vince wrote:
LucasHB wrote:THE BAD: ...it looks strange to me. The characters suddenly seem A LOT smaller and scattered around that big space, as if I was playing SOR1 or something. Maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it. Also, I couldn't find the 2Xscale filter, it's my favorite one to play. Does anybody know why it's not available on WIDE?
I feel exactly the same: characters smaller and slower. A little frustrating.

Besides, anybody knows if the limit of 99 mods has been increase?


"I feel exactly the same: characters smaller and slower. A little frustrating."


I confess I was feeling the same thing for a brief moment BUT you need to start feeling that you can improve the quality of your game with those extra 56 pixels on the floor!

We were all fierce eagles flying high in BUT craze now we need to leave the nest again to catch the game on fire!

I've always played street fighter and on V this feeling is no different. If the game is in your heart you will find a way to go further again!

_________________
Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 12 22xbuq
| sor r maximum carnage | sor  metal slug special edition | 2015 updates an new layouts |
xRainmakerRSx
xRainmakerRSx
Donovan

Posts : 50
Join date : 2013-02-16
Location : Brazil

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 12 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  trialforce on Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:07 pm

Who made this awesome new version? Is bomberlink back?

By the way? Is there ant tutoriais for the engine?

I want to make some characters and mods.

trialforce
Galsia

Posts : 9
Join date : 2020-05-17

lalolanda likes this post

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 12 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  lalolanda on Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:42 pm

trialforce wrote:Who made this awesome new version? Is bomberlink back?

By the way? Is there ant tutoriais for the engine?

I want to make some characters and mods.

looks like, the fact that the man that made 5.2 took the time to make a new intro and endings, make me think that bomberlink made this

lalolanda
Galsia

Posts : 6
Join date : 2020-11-24

Final Crash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 12 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  trialforce on Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:50 pm

lalolanda wrote:
trialforce wrote:Who made this awesome new version? Is bomberlink back?

By the way? Is there ant tutoriais for the engine?

I want to make some characters and mods.

looks like, the fact that the man that made 5.2 took the time to make a new intro and endings, make me think that bomberlink made this

I think is bomberlink or some guy that take the source code, because some type of corrections in the list only seems possible with original source code.

I really like to help him, I'm a programmer and a pixel artist and a LOVE SOR.

Because of that I asked for tutorials, to start to understand his work.

trialforce
Galsia

Posts : 9
Join date : 2020-05-17

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 12 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  E.Signal on Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:22 pm

Just brought the AI Editor from the shop. Now I just gotta figure out what all of these settings do. What would be the best settings to get the enemies to play closer to their original SOR2 Mania selves?
Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 12 Captur11


E.Signal
E.Signal
Galsia

Posts : 36
Join date : 2018-03-24
Location : Washington DC

Zhinkairi and Final Crash like this post

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 12 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum