SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

+48
Disgaea36
DarkThief
Garcia75
wonderboy4
Shyning77
MRMIdAS
Krizalid
airic
PurpleWhiteOut
S1mple
E.Signal
lalolanda
trialforce
bufs
Kimono
Marcoscloud
Security
MapleStory
Solid One
AnderGus
Final Crash
LucasHB
vince
Doctrine Dark
Late goodbye
xRainmakerRSx
Blackblade34
QuickHit
Criss
Aggort
Xillatem
bareknuckleroo
Saven
El Gambito
Sshadow5001
E253MechaShadow
Benny26
Mr.Din
zakforradio
Rain
Don Vecta
Kane
Iceferno
Herb1e
Zhinkairi
SORDave
Charco
52 posters

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

blaze - Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 8 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  bareknuckleroo Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:13 am

Don Vecta wrote:I'll be honest: the more I play it, the more disillusioned I'm feeling. The game got more nerfs than improvements for the sake of "balance"... enemies got pumped up drastically like Bongo-3 now being INVINCIBLE during the roll

I'm okay with SoR3 Bongo rolling being invincible, since that's how it actually was originally. You can't even defensive special them out of it in SoR3 or in BK3 until they're in their dizzy animation. I like the changes to make it replicate the original game behavior as closely as possible, same with Roo's back attack being restored to SoR3 functionality (although nobody will miss Zan's useless 2 and 3 Star blitzes from SoR3, we don't need those lol).

5.2 seems to work with all the SoR Maker games I've run, even with the new hitbox options.

Nora

https://www.youtube.com/bareknuckleroo

Saven and Zhinkairi like this post

Back to top Go down

blaze - Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 8 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  El Gambito Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:21 am

I will personally stick with 5.2 as well. While some of the new tweaks may be frustrating, as long as there are AI editors and different settings to customize the gameplay and difficulty I'll be fine with that, a scrub like me will definitely stick with the original damage setting than the balanced one but if I feel like playing dangerously I may try balanced again Very Happy

But from the mod perspective I can see how it can be a tough transition. While yeah, SorMaker games seem to work fine as they are, converting them to widescreen might be quite a task and creators may have built the enemy placement with the old AI in mind so there's probably some tweaking to do I assume. On the other hand, the other kind of visual mods, like main menu, shop, character select screen and also character mods are unfortunately incompatible with 5.2 for the most part, those definitely require remaking to work at all so that kinda stinks.
But that said, I think adapting to these new changes might be for the best. Making character mods will be easier without having to use a denoiser application and widescreen is just *chef kiss*, this has plenty of potential to be the coolest version of Remake yet or at least a stepping stone to greatness Cool Let's hope the creator of 5.2 takes notes of the feedback and maybe do one more revision Smile

Donovan

http://gamblinggambit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:20 am

I think I will play 5.2 in one side, and 5.1 for mods, because I play mods more than the main game these last years.
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Crash Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:07 pm

I totally agree with Don. On the one hand, I am happy with the update, on the other hand, there are many unpleasant things. And yes. I've tried using save file (since 5.1). Everything works for me without problems Smile The game requires real improvements and does not spoil what has already been done well. Nerfing characters is like stabbing them in the back. For example, I was very unhappy when Axel from SOR3 was nerfed. Now it's Max. Anyway, I wish all the best in the development of the project. And rest in peace Paul Sad
Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

Saven and Don Vecta like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  AnderGus Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:09 pm

Greetings, people!

I'm a proud SoR (and all things Sega as well) fan from my childhood, since circa 1994. It's obvious that I was very much astonished when I first discovered SoRR still in its incomplete but promising version 4. Then, in 2011, Bombergames finally made our desires come true by releasing v5. I was simply amazed by how a group of talented and passionate people can do terrific things. (How good would be if videogame developers -- yes, Sega of nowadays, I'm looking at you -- had the same levels of devotion to game making.) When I thought that the SoRR project had already reached its peak, some time after that (still surprising) cease-and-desist letter from Sega, the guys get v5.1 ready for action; and there we were, with a game even better than v5.0.

Now, many years later, we get what we thought that was mostly impossible: a huge updade and general bugfix (and, yes, there were plenty of bugs), in the form of v5.2. Until now, I have played for some fifteen hours; searching for bugs and such. I must proudly say that I haven't found none -- I even tried to reproduce two bugs mentioned in this thread, but I couldn't; I guess these bugs are just too odd to happen in usual gameplay. V5.2 rev550 is virtually perfect.

Many features were added, but sadly some people haven't liked them. What we must see is that: the developers are trying to bring the experience closer to what the original games gave us, which is awesome and necessary im my opinion; I see that completely new content is purposely being added only where it doesn't break the original gameplay. We should also note that, for those unhappy with some new features and changes, there's (almost) always a way to change things to one's liking. The Balanced Damage feature is pretty awesome, because it makes all characters subject to the same fair rules; if one doesn't like this feature, simply turn this option off (and adjust the Pause Delay option to whatever suits one's tastes); and don't complain on something that seems to not needing complaining or fixing.

As for the people disappointed with the changes in SoRMaker: you must understand that, although the Maker is a great (and now vastly improved) tool, it is not (it should not be) the main focus of the SoRR project. The game itself is pretty complete and fun; the mods are just a way to bring even further the fun inherent to game. Seeing many people say they shall disregard v5.2 just because their mods won't work perfectly without major changes is sad to hear, because the improvements of the game engine must not come to a halt only because some people in the mod community doesn't want it to change; let's remember that the changes to SoRMaker now present in v5.2 where too much asked for. I believe that the main game must dictate the rules for the mods, not the opposite. I must thank all the modders out there (for I've had so much fun with their mods -- I should especially congratulate Don Vecta for H.U.N.T.E.R); but we all should accept that things are changing now and, fortunately, for the better.

I've just registered as an user in this forum (I've always read it simply as a guest since may years ago) only to say these words. If the people involved in the development of v5.2 read this (PixelatedBrain, Bomberlink and whoever may be responsible for each of the versions released since the beginning of the project), I need to say a big thank you for all the effort and love that you've put forward. Go on improving SoRR even more. Very Happy
AnderGus
AnderGus
Galsia

Benny26, Charco, Shyning77, Puzirkov and santossousa.s2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:55 pm

Finally someone who gets the true meaning of this project! I agree with everything you said and it's great to see such positive feedback (a bit too much negativity around for my liking).

Thanks for joining the forum and I really hope you enjoy the game! I am loving it myself and look forward to my friend calling over at the weekend for a few 2 player runs! Very Happy

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

AnderGus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  bareknuckleroo Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:32 pm

The softlock bug in 5.2 that multiple people have reported running into in the Dr. Dahm fight (after taking the waterfall route in the SoR2 path) may be tied to your position on the screen when ending the fight. It's suspected now that being at the bottom of the screen when the fight ends is what triggers the bug or has a higher chance of triggering the bug. Will do some testing with it this weekend to see if it's also tied to whether the game's in Widescreen or not, potentially might be a map layout bug. One person's reported that it's never happened to them when they've ended the fight at the top of the screen (whether it's a coincidence or not isn't clear until more testing/reports come in).

Nora

https://www.youtube.com/bareknuckleroo

Back to top Go down

Post  Solid One Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:04 pm

Awesome news. I'm a SOR fan since my youth days, playing SOR2 on Sega Genesis. Beated SORR dozens of times when it was released 10 years ago. I'm glad to know that you guys are still improving this game (thought it'd be stuck on 5.1 forever, due to copyright claims or something like that).

Anyway, I just saw that, between the improvements, you've added a lot of special chars to be used in other localizations such as spanish, italian, french, etc. I'm really interested in a brazilian portuguese localization, and I'm looking forward to helping you guys doing that task. Is it possible to add new localizations officially in SORR, in a future v5.3? If true, I can do all the translation and the needed changes. How can I contact you guys?
Solid One
Solid One
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  AnderGus Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:24 pm

bareknuckleroo wrote:The softlock bug in 5.2 that multiple people have reported running into in the Dr. Dahm fight (after taking the waterfall route in the SoR2 path) may be tied to your position on the screen when ending the fight. It's suspected now that being at the bottom of the screen when the fight ends is what triggers the bug or has a higher chance of triggering the bug. Will do some testing with it this weekend to see if it's also tied to whether the game's in Widescreen or not, potentially might be a map layout bug. One person's reported that it's never happened to them when they've ended the fight at the top of the screen (whether it's a coincidence or not isn't clear until more testing/reports come in).

For me, this softlock bug hasn't happened yet (I'm playing in widescreen). I've tested it in many conditions (including different screen positions when finishing the fight; and also varying types of last strikes) and with some characters (including Rudra, as was registered by video here in this thread) and wasn't able to reproduce it at all. But I'll keep my eyes open.

Last edited by AnderGus on Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
AnderGus
AnderGus
Galsia

Charco likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  AnderGus Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:37 pm

Here's what I've found regarding bugs until now, 2020/11/19 at 15:25 UTC:

(1) Can't get the Scene 10 of Stage 2 (it's the secret passageway accessed by the cracks on the floor of the temple) appearing as unlocked on the Stage Select screen. I've gone through it three times, but it remains being the only scene which I haven't unlocked yet.

(2) The Trophy #13 states that 24 RobotXs must be beaten, but the correct number is 22. (It's just cosmetic, but must be reported as well.)

Last edited by AnderGus on Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
AnderGus
AnderGus
Galsia

Saven likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  AnderGus Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:39 pm

Important question: is there some place in this SoRR forum where we could append every bug that we found? It'd be much easier for the devs (I hope you're around, hehe!) to acknowledge the bugs, as they are reported by the community.
AnderGus
AnderGus
Galsia

Saven likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:26 pm

Finally listening to the In The Bar remix in full

blaze - Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 8 VLPcax4

AnderGus wrote:Important question: is there some place in this SoRR forum where we could append every bug that we found? It'd be much easier for the devs (I hope you're around, hehe!) to acknowledge the bugs, as they are reported by the community.

I don't think it would be a bad idea IMO. We can keep track of them and have it listed in a new thread so that it's documented in the event that these can be fixed in the future by Pixelated Brain or whoever made this.
Saven
Saven

AnderGus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Crash Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:42 pm

Just in case. Probably somehow it is possible to transfer all the best from 5.2 to 5.1 (without breaking what is already well done) Smile
Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:00 pm

AnderGus wrote:Here's what I've found regarding bugs until now, 2020/11/19 at 15:25 UTC:

(1) Can't get the Scene 10 of Stage 2 (it's the secret passageway accessed by the cracks on the floor of the temple) appearing as unlocked on the Stage Select screen. I've gone through it three times, but it remains being the only scene which I haven't unlocked yet.

Speaking of this one
Spoiler:
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  AnderGus Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:05 pm

Saven wrote:
AnderGus wrote:Here's what I've found regarding bugs until now, 2020/11/19 at 15:25 UTC:

Speaking of this one
Spoiler:

Yes, I've gone through all of them. I've made sure to enter every possible way.
Spoiler:
AnderGus
AnderGus
Galsia

Saven likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:49 pm

AnderGus wrote:
Saven wrote:

Speaking of this one
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Weird. You didn't hit F12 by any chance on one of those stages did you? That would be the only other thing I could think of.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  AnderGus Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:03 pm

Saven wrote:
AnderGus wrote:
Saven wrote:

Speaking of this one
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Weird. You didn't hit F12 by any chance on one of those stages did you? That would be the only other thing I could think of.

No, I didn't. But, just in case, I'm going to take all those four ways again, without F12 and such of course. I'll post here when I finish verifying it.
AnderGus
AnderGus
Galsia

Saven likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:48 pm

*redacted* scene doesn't appear in stage select at all. Very likely due to the 16 scene limit. I've unlocked them all and the ones that do appear are the other secret scenes and the straight forward path.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Saven and AnderGus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:58 pm

Discovered 4. But yeah, they don't appear in the stage select.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Saven and SORDave like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:59 pm

Strange.

Anyways,I hope you guys bring some awesome stuff to SORR 5.1 Smile

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:41 pm

I'm curious to know if 5.2's SORmaker has the option for more than 8 Stages?
If a SOR4 demake happens, some stages might have to become scenes within the available 8, if that's still the limit.

Big-Ben

https://iceferno.com

Zhinkairi likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  MapleStory Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:42 pm

Hey, original 16-bit SoR music pack creator here.

Just wanted to point out that Go Straight is looped incorrectly. This is a mistake that often happens when converting Go Straight from the SoR2 set found on project2612 because whoever ripped it forgot that the tune that plays at the :30 second mark differs from the tune at the 2:00 minute mark and this was never fixed.

The song entry (1a.ogg) should be 1:29 in length and the loop itself (1.ogg) should be the 1:29 of music that follows. This is how the song is played originally in SoR2, both in-game and in the game's sound test. Compare the difference in the :30 second mark to the 2:00 minute mark in the following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5g-QHq925o

Last edited by MapleStory on Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total

MapleStory
Galsia

Zhinkairi likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Zhinkairi Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:48 pm

MapleStory wrote:Hey, original 16-bit SoR music pack creator here.

Just wanted to point out that Go Straight is looped incorrectly. This is a mistake that often happens when converting Go Straight from the SoR2 set found on project2612 because whoever ripped it forgot that the tune that plays at the :30 second mark differs from the tune at the 2:00 minute mark and this was never fixed.

The song entry (1a.ogg) should be 1:29 in length, with the loop itself (1.ogg) should be the 1:29 of music that follows. This is how the song is played originally in SoR2, both in-game and in the game's sound test. Compare the difference in the :30 second mark to the 2:00 minute mark in the following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5g-QHq925o
Bro! I remember remodeling the music from the last version, and it was the bomb. I use the music engine of FL Studio to divide the OGG pack into two parts. I had a blast with it. Now that music folder is add, I get to make bgm I've dreamed of like a crossover.
Zhinkairi
Zhinkairi
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Xillatem Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:27 am

I'm impressed whoever put the loops together for V5.2 remembered that Dance Club's drums disappear after the track loops a few times and stay that way for the rest of the stage Razz

(And in PAL SoR3, the track also speeds up at that point, but that's Western SoR3 therefor irrelevant!)
Xillatem
Xillatem
SorR Contributor

Saven likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kane Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:57 am

Did the Remake tracks ever release lossless? I've always wondered that. Only seen them in .MP3.
Kane
Kane
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next