SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

+48
Disgaea36
DarkThief
Garcia75
wonderboy4
Shyning77
MRMIdAS
Krizalid
airic
PurpleWhiteOut
S1mple
E.Signal
lalolanda
trialforce
bufs
Kimono
Marcoscloud
Security
MapleStory
Solid One
AnderGus
Final Crash
LucasHB
vince
Doctrine Dark
Late goodbye
xRainmakerRSx
Blackblade34
QuickHit
Criss
Aggort
Xillatem
bareknuckleroo
Saven
El Gambito
Sshadow5001
E253MechaShadow
Benny26
Mr.Din
zakforradio
Rain
Don Vecta
Kane
Iceferno
Herb1e
Zhinkairi
SORDave
Charco
52 posters

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down

blaze - Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 5 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  Kane Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:18 am

They need a custom setting for audio like the one newly added to SoR2X - so you can add your own music alongside Remix and Retro. Easier than moving audio around.
Kane
Kane
Galsia

Back to top Go down

blaze - Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 5 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  QuickHit Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:20 am

bareknuckleroo wrote:

You can use X Button type Special Combo setting - pressing attack while running will always do your 0 star blitz for easy knockdowns (great for Zan, Max, Rudra, Adam, Axel) and pressing the special combo button while running will instead do your current star blitz move. That gives you access to both your 0 star and your current star level at any time.

Still a multi hit, which is no bueno, lacks the mobility of the 5.1 straight. a better option given the current patch situation, but the previous version of Adam was still better all around.

QuickHit
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  bareknuckleroo Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:37 am

Not to mention his 0 star is also an air attack and thus triggers counters. Ah well. You do have i-frames now when rolling, you could stick with the 3-star for damage and use the blitz special as an escape I suppose if need be.

I'd also like the option to just stick with Roo's 2 star blitz even at 3 stars for similar reasons. the 0 and 1 star are garbage, the 3 star only does full damage on an enemy against a screen edge and just passes through without most hits connecting otherwise, whereas the 2 star is where the real quick knockdown shenanigans can happen. Still very low range on the hitbox and unsafe, but it's the best blitz Roo has for general use.

Nora

https://www.youtube.com/bareknuckleroo

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:19 am

I like that you can skip the exit animations by holding a button now, reminds me of Capcom CPS-1 beat 'em ups.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

blaze - Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 5 Empty Streets Of Rage Remake V5.2 Patch

Post  Blackblade34 Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:41 pm

Charco wrote:Yes! I just downloaded from the link posted in the video comments a few minutes ago.

Download it here:

https://sorr.forumotion.net/t838-new-streets-of-rage-remake-v5-2-download-and-info

This is awesome! There's a brand new intro and everything is now in 16:9 widescreen! I just configured my controller, the menu layout has been updated and stuff is easier to find I think. Checking out the Sorr route, this has that new Water Fountain stage shown in the video! I love the new music!

I'll post here my thoughts as I have them! Very Happy

I have played it through on mania yesterday night, and I gotta tell you guys that this update is splendid
organised very much, lot of backgrounds layers and scrollers have been modified in it, however there is
a couple of things I am not happy about: f.e.: the enemy replacements is completely different in Bike Ride scene now which was not a good move from the game-hacker imo! Sad Sad
The enemies's movements strategies and defend methods went back to the system of V5.0a which means
the opponents/enemies & stage bosses became more harder and tricky. I am not sure about it was a good
idea or not but it's still possible to beat the lower levels for advanced or beginner players if they practice on
them!
So anyway I like this patch, it's kinda weird to me yet especially after I've played the V5.1 patch so many
times in the last 2 years but I gotta get used to it and everything is gonna be fine I guess!
And a big thanks for Charco for sharing the info and download link for the patch, I will keep coming with
more stuffs about V5.2 until then keep in touch people, I enjoyed this game badly! 😇

Blackblade34
Blackblade34
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  xRainmakerRSx Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:20 pm

Hello guys!
v5.2 is incredible!

I understood that there are no more video filters in this version to avoid bugs. BUT in my personal view, I would like to find out how to use a shader, some kind of image filter like BRx4z ... can someone help me with this? bounce

xRainmakerRSx
Donovan

Charco likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:45 pm

xRainmakerRSx wrote:Hello guys!
v5.2 is incredible!

I understood that there are no more video filters in this version to avoid bugs. BUT in my personal view, I would like to find out how to use a shader, some kind of image filter like BRx4z ... can someone help me with this? bounce

I guess you could try something like Reshade, I haven't tried using it or any program like it with Sorr though. Let us know if you have any luck.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:40 pm

I found a glitch for alternate routes. Sometimes they appear for a brief moment only to disappear once new enemies come in. If you walk into the route in this brief moment, the game soft locks.

A few things I noticed playing through:

- SOR3 Harbour now has ammo pickups for the Uzi
- Fernando added to the Sunset Jet fight.
- Hurry Up room had walls replaced with glass which seems to break more quickly.

Big-Ben

https://iceferno.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bareknuckleroo Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:44 pm

Is there a more detailed explanation on what the new Hitbox settings change? I saw notes in the changelog about it, which seem to suggest there's some compatibility issues with SoR Maker games if you use the non Auto-types and the hitboxes haven't been configured?

385. Added new collision options:
- Hitbox Sor2, improved Sor2 hitbox with Sor2 spark and position.
- Hitbox Sor3, original Sor3 hitbox with a few tweaks with Sor3 spark and position.
- Auto Sor2, old autogenerated hitboxes of SORR (Sor2 spark mode), compatible with char/enemy Sormaker mods.
- Auto Sor3, old autogenerated hitboxes of SORR (Sor3 spark mode), compatible with char/enemy Sormaker mods.

Does this mean Hitbox SoR2 (the new default) and Hitbox SoR3 won't work with mods by default? I haven't had the chance to unlock and experiment with it yet.

Nora

https://www.youtube.com/bareknuckleroo

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggort Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:47 pm

Do we have any idea who is actually developing this? I see a lot of recommendations and some things people would like addressed, but haven't an idea who feedback should be relayed to. This is great to see an update after so long and see people excited, but it feels odd to not have someone to truly attribute this to.

Aggort
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Late goodbye Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:07 pm

Oh my, that caught me off guard - a V5.2 of SORR popping up certainly was nothing i expected (haven't looked into the forums recently). I'll wait for the week-end to give it a try, but i'm already psyched.

However, the news is bittersweet, hearing from BGM1401's passing in the same thread. So very talented. Crying or Very sad

Galsia

Charco and SORDave like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sshadow5001 Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:22 pm

Aggort wrote:Do we have any idea who is actually developing this? I see a lot of recommendations and some things people would like addressed, but haven't an idea who feedback should be relayed to. This is great to see an update after so long and see people excited, but it feels odd to not have someone to truly attribute this to.

Honestly I'd imagine whoever made the update is reading the forums. It's probably for the best that they remain anonymous.
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmNvw20OcpFvDYiaKt9w

Back to top Go down

Post  Kane Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:24 pm

Aggort wrote:Do we have any idea who is actually developing this? I see a lot of recommendations and some things people would like addressed, but haven't an idea who feedback should be relayed to. This is great to see an update after so long and see people excited, but it feels odd to not have someone to truly attribute this to.

Nice try Sega/FBI
Kane
Kane
Galsia

Aggort likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:40 pm

It's possible it might be Bomberlink, if he managed to get BGM1401 involved again.
Pixelated Brain might be an alias for privacy reasons, as has been stated. He just can't risk confirming, so that's my guess.

Big-Ben

SORDave and Aggort like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggort Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:43 pm

Kane wrote:Nice try Sega/FBI

Sshadow5001 wrote:Honestly I'd imagine whoever made the update is reading the forums. It's probably for the best that they remain anonymous.

Fair points. What I don't understand is how this was done and why has it taken so long for this to occur. Do we have any reason to believe the source was given to another person or was the source decompiled? While I am excited, I do worry about if this would be an issue for Bomber.

Iceferno wrote:It's possible it might be Bomberlink, if he managed to get BGM1401 involved again.
Pixelated Brain might be an alias for privacy reasons, as has been stated. He just can't risk confirming, so that's my guess.

I was wondering too if there was any evidence to suggest such. I agree it is plausible, and if so I'd love to know what inspired him to work on the project further.

Aggort
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:45 pm

I think that's a wise choice,that'll get'em confused on who he really is.

If Bomberlink is disguised as that user,he can privately do future updates or DLC to the game.

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggort Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:47 pm

SORDave wrote:I think that's a wise choice,that'll get'em confused on who he really is.

If Bomberlink is disguised as that user,he can privately do future updates or DLC to the game.

The question is, for how long. Sega currently has SoR4 available and isn't always too keen about fan games of their properties aside from Sonic. Even under an alias, if Sega wanted to badly enough they could come after this project again.

Aggort
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:49 pm

True,but lets hope for the best.

SORDave
Hakuyo

Aggort likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:10 pm

The secret rooms in the SoR3 temple have been added Smile

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

SORDave and Aggort like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:13 pm

I've just noticed that & Im glad they did! Very Happy

SORDave
Hakuyo

Charco likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:17 pm

There's also a walking section for the Wasteland with an exclusive boss. Thumbs up

Big-Ben

SORDave likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:16 pm

My favourite remix in v5.2 Smile

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Saven, SORDave and Blackblade34 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:18 pm

Im glad the music is being posted,gotta download them!

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:51 pm

bareknuckleroo wrote:Noticed something new in 5.2: Roo's back attack now behaves like SoR3 and hits in front of him at the start for a non-knockdown hit, allowing him to do his Punch, Punch, Back Attack, repeat infinite (on enemies that can't block) for faster damage than poking with the tip of his back attack. Neat!

I appreciate being able to swap between the original Retro music and the Remixed music without needing to move around audio files, really nice!

Not sure I'm crazy about the Balanced attack damage setting. Obviously I'm used to the original damage values, which despite SoRR being a mashup of multiple games still worked well, since the SoR2 characters and their relatively slower attack execution and limited safety on offensive specials ended up balancing well with the SoR3 characters who were faster but not quite as strong, even using the same quick SoR3 Pause Delay for both! It mostly affects characters who are hit with -20% or -30% nerfs depending on the settings you use, a significant chunk per hit when they rely on attacks that deal a lot of damage in a single hit, but it also doesn't affect characters much who deal relatively low damage per hit. The change on Roo of +15% on hit or -10% per hit on Zan is basically imperceptible, especially on low damage per hit attacks such as their normal jab strings. Still, here's the breakdown of some of the weirder ones:

• All versions of Blaze except Blaze 3 get hit with a massive hit damage penalty. Even with Combined Pause Delay it's still at least 10%, going up to a 30% penalty on SoR3 Pause Delay. This badly affects her offensive and defensive specials (Kikoushou and Embukyaku) which dish out their damage in one large single blow, and especially hurts Blaze 2 (both costumes now) who is slower and has a startup on the offensive special where enemies can actually escape and punish. And the damage on Kikoushou is variable as it is; hitting late causes damage to drop significantly, whereas using it closer rewards more damage, but at a significant risk during the startup frames. Blaze 3 was already considered the reigning type due to sheer speed and safety, even with lower damage on her attacks. The damage nerfs to her other versions, particularly the slower Blaze 2, just put them badly behind Blaze 3.

• Skate 2 gets no nerf whatsoever to grab damage and Skate 3 gets a minor% buff to grab damage. Skate 3's buff doesn't change much and he still a good chunk less damage than Skate 2 generally can output. Their low jab range is still a liability for actually getting grabs in the first place and at least Skate 2 has the damage to make it worth the risks.

Gotta say I'm still super appreciative that SoRR makes Skate's vault throw timing extremely forgiving compared to SoR2 where you have to be pretty precise.

• Zan, a well known speedster with relatively low damage per hit that relies on high speed, reach, and priority, gets hit with minor nerfs in both hit damage and grab damage. They're so low as to be difficult to notice, but does Zan really need nerfing? I don't think so, but I guess the fact that someone thought he did does confirm my suspicions that he's secretly a lot better than many people give credit for.

• Rudra's hit with a minor grab damage reduction as well as a significant hit damage reduction, much like Blaze. Her focus already is on her grab attacks and that powerful Izuna Drop, not sure why her hit damage needed nerfing, but maybe it's an attempt to set her apart more from Blaze 3?

• Roo doesn't need a buff. +15% on his attack strings doesn't feel like much anyways since all of them tend to hit for near the bare minimum damage and focus on multihitting rapidly rather than dealing individual large damage hits. His strongest single hit affected by it I think actually is his neutral jump attack, which isn't terribly potent, and he's more about keeping up safe poking attacks rather than hitting hard anyways. His single strongest attack, his 3 star, only differs in damage very slightly when all hits connect, basically 2 jabs' worth of damage less on the original damage setting. Technically the buff doesn't change Roo much so it's not a big deal; the main thing holding Roo back in crazy fights is still his exceptionally bad 0 and 1 star blitzes, rather than his damage per hit on his attacks, meaning he has a lot of trouble doing crowd surfing, especially with his lackluster jump kick.

Don Vecta wrote:Yeah, I also didn't like [Adam's] new blitz-2, lost range and was easier to control crowds with a single knockdown punch

Adam's also hit with a significant damage nerf if playing on Balanced damage setting. That's more understandable since he was a major powerhouse all around, but the 2 star blitz he has now is just worse range. Maybe it has better startup safety? Elle still has the similar issue of her 2 star being more spammable and quicker to recover, there's no real option when picking a character to select what their highest blitz level used is if you want your "primary" blitz to cap at the 1 or 2 star version.

QuickHit wrote:Before playing at 2 stars was because of mobility and the knockdown which sets up for meaty stuff, but now it's like... I am forced to play 2 star to make the  input blitz more reliable to cover whiffs and stuff. but this only works at 2 stars since the 3 star is multi hit and just gets blocked to hell lol

You can use X Button type Special Combo setting - pressing attack while running will always do your 0 star blitz for easy knockdowns (great for Zan, Max, Rudra, Adam, Axel) and pressing the special combo button while running will instead do your current star blitz move. That gives you access to both your 0 star and your current star level at any time.

Which basically summarizes that Attack Damage in Balanced sucks donkey balls. This was a feature that the game didn't need. At. All.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

QuickHit likes this post

Back to top Go down

blaze - Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 5 Empty New Blaze

Post  Doctrine Dark Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:51 pm

Hello guys! first of all i liked this new update but forgive me for the silly question but who is this other version of Blaze?
In 5.1 we only had 3 and in this we have 4.
Doctrine Dark
Doctrine Dark
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next