SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

+48
Disgaea36
DarkThief
Garcia75
wonderboy4
Shyning77
MRMIdAS
Krizalid
airic
PurpleWhiteOut
S1mple
E.Signal
lalolanda
trialforce
bufs
Kimono
Marcoscloud
Security
MapleStory
Solid One
AnderGus
Final Crash
LucasHB
vince
Doctrine Dark
Late goodbye
xRainmakerRSx
Blackblade34
QuickHit
Criss
Aggort
Xillatem
bareknuckleroo
Saven
El Gambito
Sshadow5001
E253MechaShadow
Benny26
Mr.Din
zakforradio
Rain
Don Vecta
Kane
Iceferno
Herb1e
Zhinkairi
SORDave
Charco
52 posters

Page 11 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

blaze - Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 11 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  Charco Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:52 pm

Go back to 5.1. I am disappointed in the negative reactions all week.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

blaze - Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 11 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  Kane Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:54 pm

SORDave wrote:
Kane wrote:
SORDave wrote:Nice,Maki from Final Fight 2. Smile

Thanks for reminding me of the Final Fight Remake coming out Q2 of 2024, from the capcom leak release schedule.

Huh,really? I didn't know that?

Yea, there's a big list of other titles coming out between 2021 - 2024. Some really good ones.
Kane
Kane
Galsia

SORDave likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sshadow5001 Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:00 pm

Security wrote:By the way, the new enemy movement characteristics, suck bad. And Shiva got much, much more difficult (every time you make him kiss the floor, he instantly flying kicks you, you cannot evade, as if he did a teleport kick and his evasion got buffed). At least the Sor1 type.

Nope, i cannot see me playing this, ultimately. Please make Abadede invincible during moves/hits again and restore F Signals, whip ladies and all other trash, back to being fully vulnerable while moving/rolling etc! 1st time ever that i lost all of my continues in Mania. Thing is !@#$
I think it's just gonna take some getting used to, I mean we've been playing 5.1 for a long time now. we're used to all the ins and outs of how to deal with the enemies. but now we gotta relearn. it's gonna be difficult for sure, but I'm not ready to give up.
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmNvw20OcpFvDYiaKt9w

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:01 pm

Kane wrote:
SORDave wrote:
Kane wrote:
SORDave wrote:Nice,Maki from Final Fight 2. Smile

Thanks for reminding me of the Final Fight Remake coming out Q2 of 2024, from the capcom leak release schedule.

Huh,really? I didn't know that?

Yea, there's a big list of other titles coming out between 2021 - 2024. Some really good ones.

Well then,maybe I should keep an eye for'em,thanks for telling me this. Smile

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:07 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:
I think it's just gonna take some getting used to, I mean we've been playing 5.1 for a long time now. we're used to all the ins and outs of how to deal with the enemies. but now we gotta relearn. it's gonna be difficult for sure, but I'm not ready to give up.

Maybe you are right... But at least, i am so going to forget difficulties higher than normal
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:10 pm

Ahh liking the mod of Maki in there. I think Final Fight 3 characters also have potential, with a moveset fairly adaptable to V5.
Would be a hell of a lot easier to pull them off in V5 than FF3 itself. lol

Big-Ben

https://iceferno.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Zhinkairi Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:15 pm

Iceferno wrote:Ahh liking the mod of Maki in there. I think Final Fight 3 characters also have potential, with a moveset fairly adaptable to V5.
Would be a hell of a lot easier to pull them off in V5 than FF3 itself. lol
SFA characters and CVS characters would be solid, including kof characters, mostly in two form, and rage of the dragons characters.
Zhinkairi
Zhinkairi
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:22 pm

How about custom enemies & bosses?

SORDave
Hakuyo

Zhinkairi likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Zhinkairi Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:24 pm

SORDave wrote:How about custom enemies & bosses?
You could say that.
Zhinkairi
Zhinkairi
Galsia

SORDave likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:32 pm

Heh nice.

I can see it now,maybe we can even restore those certain unused enemies that was scrapped during the development of SORR.

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggort Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:05 pm

Mr.Din wrote:Explained much better than I could, good to see some actual sense regarding the issue. To add to this the people behind Streets 4 were also fans of the series, most notably SoR2 and a lot of the the Remake references came from them playing a lot of remake, Adam particular had references that I suggested. Very Happy ...

To explain a little further just in case, companies need to protect trademarks and copyrights for one major reason. If they don't they risk losing the protections on IP they have. If you're not actively protecting your IP and then try to, you risk losing in court.

What all SoRR references are there? I know of some, but not any in particular to Adam! I would love to know.

Mr.Din wrote:To be frank...

I love the work everyone has put into SoRR and it's a phenomenal fangame. v5 was obviously a huge leap and is without a doubt the best SoR fanwork ever made and arguably best Sega fangame. That said, even v5 lacks polish and wouldn't live up to the standards of Sega. The biggest issue SoRR had was it's long development and Sega simply didn't have the same employees that
approved it before. And let's face it, as the copyright holder of the material in the game, they could rescind approval at any time.

Whoever called for the project to come down at Sega definitely did it in a way to protect them, but still allow the project to continue. They gave it enough time to find other servers and have never tried to stop the numerous mods made in Maker.

I doubt they would have endorsed the project, but I think it is within reason that they'd ask to see further work to see if they were worth bringing in to make a new project a reality. When Sega tapped Taxman for the remakes, they were definitely testing the waters on bringing him in. The games he made were basically his resume for them

Aggort
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:40 pm

Aggort wrote:What all SoRR references are there? I know of some, but not any in particular to Adam! I would love to know.

Well it's mostly in his moves, the neutral jump attack for example is his special move from remake, the forward special (Howl Fang) is a double kick but flashier, jump in attack is a downward punch. There's other series references too like the wolf that appears in his forward attack it also howls as a reference to his beta name "wolf", the defense special is a tatsu which is a tongue in cheek nod to Axel's beta special (we made a lot of jokes on discord about Axel 2 stealing Adam's thunder and his moves).

as a side note Shiva stole some stuff from Rudra in 4 as well like her cloning technique and moving patterns, there's a ton of references to remake and the series sprinkled throughout the game.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Aggort likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggort Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:45 pm

Ah, I did catch that some of him moves mathed up, but I thought I was missing something more grand. I knew his beta name, but I actually didn't realize till now that was a reference, so I feel like a dunce.

I immediately called out the Rudra reference when playing it with my friend. He had played SoRR, but not like I have and was confused at first why I was so pumped.

Some of the references I feel like I just assumed they were coincidental, now I'd kinda love a breakdown of all the references.

Aggort
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Xillatem Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:21 am

The pallette swap Nora called "Stiletto" in SoR4's Stage 11 is taken from SoRR.  Could say "Queen" too but that's given as a nickname for her in the Bare Knuckle 1 manual.

Plus having to jump over the railway signal gantrys on Sky Train.
Xillatem
Xillatem
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Criss Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:47 am

Security wrote:restore F Signals, whip ladies and all other trash, back to being fully vulnerable while moving/rolling etc!

You DO know Signals in 1 and 3 are invulnerable while sliding right?
Criss
Criss
SorR Contributor

Final Crash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Crash Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:49 am

Criss wrote:
Security wrote:restore F Signals, whip ladies and all other trash, back to being fully vulnerable while moving/rolling etc!

Yes. And there is. The same goes for Bongo (SOR3)
Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:57 am

I hate the longer slide but for the right reasons, it pissed me off on the original game too so they did it right lol. Also Bongo was a push over without the I-frames, let the fat man shine.

Think I mentioned this but while I like Adam's Zonk Knuckle it feels like it should have been a standard blitz or even a forward special replacement. The distance on it isn't as rewarding as the previous 2 star move.

Forum Elder

Charco likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Crash Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:05 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWQQ7_xANYs
I am showing OBS settings + Widescreen mode testing Smile
Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  MapleStory Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:23 am

Charco wrote:Go back to 5.1. I am disappointed in the negative reactions all week.
Likewise. I enjoy all the changes, personally. Absolutely ridiculous that people think the game is harder now and nitpicking all kinds of balance changes simply because they can't handle a challenge. I actually always thought 5.1 wasn't hard enough on Mania and could've used more enemies (and bikers on bikes seemed too slow on mania in 5.1 compared to SoR2). Granted, my friend and I mastered SoR2 damn near 15-20 years ago and still regularly play it, along with SoRR. We always try to see how much we can improve on a mania run.

With widescreen support now, the only thing I would love to see is the ability to do 4 player co-op.

MapleStory
Galsia

Charco likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:42 am

Eh challenge is subjective, I'm not really struggling much with the game myself so far, at worst I lose my 1cc towards the end of the game on Mania. The criticisms towards the changes are pretty standard at the beginning, people need time to get used to the update and all it's nuances it's hardly been a week since this has popped up.

I'm still finding some if the balanced changes to be odd though, clearly Max needed to be brought down from god tier mode even if it's by a slight margin but some of the other characters actually suffer from these balance changes at least so far, I still have a lot more playing to do.

Forum Elder

Saven, Charco, Don Vecta and Final Crash like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:43 am

Criss wrote:
In SorR, i am perfectly sure i could "catch"/"counter" them, just fine Sad

And i could hit those pesky whip ladies mid-air, head-on at that, during their leap kick animation Sad
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  bufs Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:28 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:So I was digging through the files and found these.

blaze - Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 11 Wii10
blaze - Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 11 Wii_nu10
blaze - Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 11 Wii_cl10
blaze - Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 11 Ps311
blaze - Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 11 Gc11
blaze - Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 11 Wiz10
blaze - Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 11 Xbox11

I'm eager to try this on my og Xbox Very Happy
Would like to try it on other consoles as well, but don't know how to run SoRR in them Question

Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sshadow5001 Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:23 pm

bufs wrote:
Sshadow5001 wrote:So I was digging through the files and found these.

blaze - Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 11 Wii10
blaze - Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 11 Wii_nu10
blaze - Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 11 Wii_cl10
blaze - Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 11 Ps311
blaze - Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 11 Gc11
blaze - Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 11 Wiz10
blaze - Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 11 Xbox11

I'm eager to try this on my og Xbox Very Happy
Would like to try it on other consoles as well, but don't know how to run SoRR in them Question
Me neither, I remember a Wii version being planned but never finished. These were likely placeholders.
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

Charco likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Crash Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:57 pm

I noticed that it doesn't matter which game mode I use. All the same, in the video I get the same result. Widescreen changes resolution in OBS when it comes to mods.
Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sshadow5001 Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:09 pm

Final Crash wrote:I noticed that it doesn't matter which game mode I use. All the same, in the video I get the same result. Widescreen changes resolution in OBS when it comes to mods.
might be worth putting in the glitches/bugs thread.
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

Final Crash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next