SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

+48
Disgaea36
DarkThief
Garcia75
wonderboy4
Shyning77
MRMIdAS
Krizalid
airic
PurpleWhiteOut
S1mple
E.Signal
lalolanda
trialforce
bufs
Kimono
Marcoscloud
Security
MapleStory
Solid One
AnderGus
Final Crash
LucasHB
vince
Doctrine Dark
Late goodbye
xRainmakerRSx
Blackblade34
QuickHit
Criss
Aggort
Xillatem
bareknuckleroo
Saven
El Gambito
Sshadow5001
E253MechaShadow
Benny26
Mr.Din
zakforradio
Rain
Don Vecta
Kane
Iceferno
Herb1e
Zhinkairi
SORDave
Charco
52 posters

Page 7 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Go down

blaze - Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 7 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  vince Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:16 pm

Yes, for the moment, two players means 1P with joypad, 1P with keyboard.
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

blaze - Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 7 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  bareknuckleroo Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:57 pm

SoRR has pretty much always supported playing with 2 USB controllers. If you're having issues with setting it up, it may be something to do with SoRR not reading one of your controllers correctly. If that's the case, just use JoyToKey to map one or both controllers to keyboard inputs, set the game to use keyboard for both players, and then use JoyToKey when playing the game with 2 controllers so the controllers are read as keyboard inputs.

Nora

https://www.youtube.com/bareknuckleroo

Aggort likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:14 pm

bareknuckleroo wrote:SoRR has pretty much always supported playing with 2 USB controllers. If you're having issues with setting it up, it may be something to do with SoRR not reading one of your controllers correctly. If that's the case, just use JoyToKey to map one or both controllers to keyboard inputs, set the game to use keyboard for both players, and then use JoyToKey when playing the game with 2 controllers so the controllers are read as keyboard inputs.
I didn't know that, I red somewherethat is was impossible in SORR. What a Face
Thanks for the info.
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:08 pm

I use two bluetooth 8BitDo SF30 Pros when I play 2 player with no problems, no need for JoyToKey either.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kane Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:12 pm

I use gamekeyboard+ so i can map keys to GamePad on Android.
Kane
Kane
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:14 pm

I use my Oculus Rift
Saven
Saven

Charco likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:58 pm

I haven't seen two joypads work in remake at any point since the initial release and I've been through a number of different set ups and controllers, currently using 2 hori commanders and I also noticed even the PS version registers as an Xbox controller when I set it up for ps4 the confirm and back buttons get mixed up. I guess I'll have to try some other pads but in any case if there's any future updates I hope it's addressed to properly detect most if not any standard controller, it makes parsec set up a little more complicated than necessary.

Is anyone finding any use of the balance feature? Outside of Max not being god tier I haven't seen much reason for it. For starters I don't think SoR2 pause delay is worth it to keep the damage of the SoR2 characters, I still feel like the pause is over exaggerated. Maybe it's because in Streets 2 there was a cap where you weren't hitting every single thing causing it to pause for so long like it does in remake, in streets 2 you also had the ability to blitz out of hit stun to counter which i haven't been able to do here even with Max or Axel, same with jump dodging. It often feels like the stuff from 2 was tossed in as a novelty without considering the nuances that actually made them work in the original game. I also feel if we're going to use the meter forward special should be granted invincibility ESPECIALLY in balance mode where the damage is reduced for streets 2 characters but at least there's a reduce in the health taken when performing the move.

The streets 1 characters also still feel off, I don't think they should have 2's pause delay in combined mode, they hit very fast in 1 despite having a long stun on enemies, they also weren't held in place and there's actually differences for them that isn't really accounted for here. I'll have to try them out more to see how much is affected by the balance mode. Adam seems to be considered part of that, especially in exceptions mode where he can pivot but I often feel he's a mixed bag compared to Blaze 1 and Axel 1. Also BKM blaze should probably be categorized here if she isn't already, it would make her different from SoR2 blaze aside from just a visual difference.

I think more SoR1 settings should be considered, SoR1 combo with the pivot, less emphasis on blitz attacks and non sequential combos without holding you in place and in fact you could even add the BKM alternative combo ender feature here for BKM blaze. Pause delay for the reasons mentioned above but also so that the original trio keeps their unique gameplay intact.

Also as side note BKM Axel while he didn't look that much different from Axel 2 could be different in gameplay for the reasons stated regarding the streets 1/BKM characters, he could also remove or retain that god awful running special Axel 2 has and utilize it differently, I'd even go as far as to say give him as his defensive special as well as the bk2 beta blitz attack to make him more unique.

Streets 3 characters aren't affected at all from what I see but I'm also not using 2's pause delay, I doubt anyone would want to be slow AND weak AF lmao but I'll have to try it and see what happens. Is Elle still classified as Streets 2 Character? I know that's the game of origin but both her and Rudra were clearly made with 3's mechanics in mind, doing get me started on Elle with 2's pause delay lol

But anyway those are my concerns so far, I haven't tested everything just yet so maybe certain settings will net better results but I was hoping at least balance mode would address these particular issues and play up the characters strengths especially in settings that don't benefit them. Btw Axel 2's jump kick is so weak in balance mode that he has to kick some one off bikers TWICE to kill them, that's pretty bad!
Mr.Din
Mr.Din
Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  bareknuckleroo Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:47 pm

I think more SoR1 settings should be considered, SoR1 combo with the pivot

Being able to mash left & right so you hit both sides with one jab was always a silly exploit in SoR1. You can still enable it in SoRR by setting SoR3 Exceptions to Yes if I'm not mistaken (which also disables diagonal running).

Nora

https://www.youtube.com/bareknuckleroo

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:06 pm

"also disables running vertically" is the exact reason I think it should be it's own combo style. I really don't like the exceptions option if I'm to be honest. Just move the running behavior to run&roll option and set remake as the option with vertical run and which ever roll style the devs felt fitting for remake. Same with pit behavior, to be frank I feel like 3's pit style should be default and universal I don't know anyone who says "man I'd love to die immediately when I fall into a pit even though there's an option not to" lol.

I don't think players should be punished with having to choose between this stuff because of one option.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Rain Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:39 pm

bareknuckleroo wrote:SoRR has pretty much always supported playing with 2 USB controllers. If you're having issues with setting it up, it may be something to do with SoRR not reading one of your controllers correctly. If that's the case, just use JoyToKey to map one or both controllers to keyboard inputs, set the game to use keyboard for both players, and then use JoyToKey when playing the game with 2 controllers so the controllers are read as keyboard inputs.

It took my logitech controller and my Nintendo switch controller no problem
Rain
Rain
Electra

Saven likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  LucasHB Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:33 am

Whoa! This comes as a total surprise for me... This got me out of my man-cave and logging into the forum again, just to say hello to old faces. I'll give my two cents later, in case anyone is interested.

Forum Elder

Charco likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackblade34 Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:58 am

Charco wrote:I like that you can now either take the motorbike through the Wastelands or walk and fight Jack on his motorbike.
blaze - Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 7 5QCdfnh

Yeah that scene is amazing, but I still missing all of these new stuffs and the old bike ride and jet-ski scenes
from the SORMAKER program! I try to bring all the characters and open every secret options menu in the game so maybe there will be something new in V5.2's SORMAKER app, but I have a feeling the game-hacker
didn't give a damn about it at all! 😒 😒
Blackblade34
Blackblade34
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:06 am

I'll be honest: the more I play it, the more disillusioned I'm feeling. The game got more nerfs than improvements for the sake of "balance"... enemies got pumped up drastically like Bongo-3 now being INVINCIBLE during the roll, the Big Bens now doing their belly flop more often, all them Galsias got more dangerous with the knives, Signal-2 has a longer invincible slide, Abadede gets even nastier than ever, etc. while main characters didn't get so much love but nerfs.
Granted, there's some nice features and all, but I feel more like a burden after all. Especially with modding. I was working in 3 projects, one of them involving a lot of work (Streets of Kamurocho), but these changes really made any development from 5.1 obsolete, no we MUST start from scratch, redoing the characters we already built, setting the stages in a proper widescreen format, etc. I really don't feel like modding anymore! Eventually, I might, but all the momentum, all the inspiration I had with the advancements we were doing was cut off abruptly because we still need to rediscover the features for SORMaker that are just vaguely described in the bugtrack... and since the mysterious benefactor is keeping this mysteriously, I don't think we could get more specific information in how to make these changes go smoothly: we have to do what we did several years ago when 5.1 was released... I'm talking about YEARS of mod development we found as we kept exploring.

I'm started to think that fuck 5.2 and we'd keep modding for 5.1. 5.1 isn't broken, it's a beautiful game and wasn't so fucked up as 5.2. These are my two cents only.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Final Crash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Zhinkairi Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:14 am

I cannot rant on the logic. Maybe the remake deserves better. At least we had a solid time trying out this version. Besides, you are the best mod maker. The decision stands, and I respect your thoughts. Besides, you were on fire with other characters on mania.
Zhinkairi
Zhinkairi
Galsia

Don Vecta likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:17 am

I guess I'll delete V5.2 from my PC & move on & pretended it never existed.

Maybe we can ask for the engine instead & WE can take over & add things to it ourselves.

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zhinkairi Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:18 am

SORDave wrote:I guess I'll delete V5.2 from my PC & move on & pretended it never existed.

Maybe we can ask for the engine instead & WE can take over & add things to it ourselves.
The v5.2 edition is a bust.
Zhinkairi
Zhinkairi
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:21 am

I think I'm gonna keep my 5.2. I've got a lot of gripes with it, but the widescreen aspect appealed to me most for video making.
I've basically unlocked what I want and tend to just play certain stages for remix footage.

Big-Ben

https://iceferno.com

Zhinkairi likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:22 am

Zhinkairi wrote:
SORDave wrote:I guess I'll delete V5.2 from my PC & move on & pretended it never existed.

The v5.2 edition is a bust.

Yeah Sad but maybe WE should do one of our own,what do you think guys?

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zhinkairi Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:23 am

Iceferno wrote:I think I'm gonna keep my 5.2. I've got a lot of gripes with it, but the widescreen aspect appealed to me most for video making.
I've basically unlocked what I want and tend to just play certain stages for remix footage.
I can you respect your thoughts, too. The widescreen are the boom. And I hope I look forward in the future of your post.
Zhinkairi
Zhinkairi
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:25 am

Zhinkairi wrote:
Iceferno wrote:I think I'm gonna keep my 5.2. I've got a lot of gripes with it, but the widescreen aspect appealed to me most for video making.
I can you respect your thoughts, too. The widescreen are the boom. And I hope I look forward in the future of your post.

Thanks. While Im playing with the current & new version,see if you can guys can create a source out of it etc,I mean think of the things we can do with something like that? Smile

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:27 am

I'm personally sticking to 5.2 but I don't think 5.1 should be dropped suddenly either, especially when it comes to modding. I will say however modding in 5.2 has a lot of potential for new and fresh projects which is great. I'm glad B or whoever finally allowed full customization for mods, I wanted this since the start and hacking in enemies while fun at the time had a ton of hoops to jump through that left me a bit uninterested outside of assisting others. I think the new version will need some time to grow on everyone, coming out of nowhere left a pretty big shock.

Forum Elder

Saven, Zhinkairi and SORDave like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:32 am

Mr.Din wrote:I'm personally sticking to 5.2 but I don't think 5.1 should be dropped suddenly either, especially when it comes to modding. I will say however modding in 5.2 has a lot of potential for new and fresh projects which is great. I'm glad B or whoever finally allowed full customization for mods, I wanted this since the start and hacking in enemies while fun at the time had a ton of hoops to jump through that left me a bit uninterested outside of assisting others. I think the new version will need some time to grow on everyone, coming out of nowhere left a pretty big shock.

I highly respect your choice Din my man & I agree Smile heck I'll play both versions,one for the new stuff & the other for the mods Very Happy in the meantime I'll wait until someone creates a source engine.

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zhinkairi Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:32 am

Mr.Din wrote:I'm personally sticking to 5.2 but I don't think 5.1 should be dropped suddenly either, especially when it comes to modding. I will say however modding in 5.2 has a lot of potential for new and fresh projects which is great. I'm glad B or whoever finally allowed full customization for mods, I wanted this since the start and hacking in enemies while fun at the time had a ton of hoops to jump through that left me a bit uninterested outside of assisting others. I think the new version will need some time to grow on everyone, coming out of nowhere left a pretty big shock.
So what else is new?
Zhinkairi
Zhinkairi
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:33 am

Mind you, I'm not deleting 5.2 either. I just don't have the time or energy to invest in discovering the new stuff for SORmaker, which is the only thing that interests me most. I might play 5.2 for the core game and whatnot, the widescreen is gorgeous and perhaps for new fresh mods *might*  try to develop something, but I'm so burned out with it right now I really don't feel as welcoming right now.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

SORDave likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:35 am

You know,I agree.

But you know since they have that SOR2 Beta Trash Can,maybe we can duplicated for V5.1?

Just saying.

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next