SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

+48
Disgaea36
DarkThief
Garcia75
wonderboy4
Shyning77
MRMIdAS
Krizalid
airic
PurpleWhiteOut
S1mple
E.Signal
lalolanda
trialforce
bufs
Kimono
Marcoscloud
Security
MapleStory
Solid One
AnderGus
Final Crash
LucasHB
vince
Doctrine Dark
Late goodbye
xRainmakerRSx
Blackblade34
QuickHit
Criss
Aggort
Xillatem
bareknuckleroo
Saven
El Gambito
Sshadow5001
E253MechaShadow
Benny26
Mr.Din
zakforradio
Rain
Don Vecta
Kane
Iceferno
Herb1e
Zhinkairi
SORDave
Charco
52 posters

Page 13 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

blaze - Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 13 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  Charco Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:31 pm

I'd say it's probably best to play around with the options and see what you like best.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

xRainmakerRSx and Final Crash like this post

Back to top Go down

blaze - Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 13 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  zakforradio Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:30 am

lalolanda wrote:
trialforce wrote:Who made this awesome new version? Is bomberlink back?

By the way? Is there ant tutoriais for the engine?

I want to make some characters and mods.

looks like, the fact that the man that made 5.2 took the time to make a new intro and endings, make me think that bomberlink made this

Yea dude, im gonna assume bomberlink made it
zakforradio
zakforradio
Signal

Final Crash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Crash Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:10 pm

I really liked the new soundtracks. Now the remixes are close to the original Smile
Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Crash Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:29 pm

I also started to get used to the insane AI of the enemies. However, the behavior of some enemies puts me in a stupor :S
Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

Charco, E.Signal and AnderGus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  bareknuckleroo Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:44 pm

xRainmakerRSx wrote:Sor3 characters (except Shiva) had poor damage, they are now competitive [using balanced damage setting]!

The SoR3 characters who were competitive previously were and still are competitive, and the ones who were not competitive (Axel 3 and Skate 3 mostly) remain such due to specific moveset issues. I've been over some of the more unusual changes already but I'll go over the SoR3 characters again specifically, assuming the same pause delay is used for all versions (Combined Pause Delay is unbalanced and causes all the characters who default to slower SoR2 Pause Delay to be wildly less effective than their faster counterparts due to the sheer importance of speed on the higher difficulties):

Blaze 3 was widely considered the best version of Blaze. At least, that's the impression I've always gotten. She has a very fast and effective Offensive Special that has tremendous range and keep away potential, a very decent Defensive Special, possibly the best jump kick in the game, solid 2 and 3 Star Blitzes, and very decent damage on throws, with 2 slam throws including a frontal slam that works on heavy enemies. Blaze 2 has a stronger but slower Offensive Special that can actually be interrupted or miss entirely on fast enemies, and has a noticeably slower basic combo. Blaze 2 does have the fastest pipe swinging animation though, making her probably the best weapon user of the bunch? Blaze 1 has a fast and effective Offensive Special, but has no front slam throw, an unsafe basic combo that ends on a punishable flip kick, worse 2 and 3 Star Blitzes (very decent but not great), and a jump kick that has an initial animation delay. Blaze 1 and 2 are very solid characters, but Blaze 3's overall speed focused moveset combined (her very quick jab combo speed really helps) with her solidly respectable damage makes her generally regarded as a high tier character and the best of the three. As such, the damage reductions to Blaze 1 and Blaze 2 do nothing but put Blaze 3 even further ahead of them!

Axel 3 is generally regarded as simply a lower damage variant of Axel 1 and 2. The ability to use his Offensive Special with invulnerability is handy, but perhaps not worth the sheer damage output Axel 1 and 2 have on their versions. Axel 3's Grand Upper damage is particularly weak considering it has relatively poor crowd control potential, and his 3 Star has a punishable jump finisher. Even on the Balanced Damage setting, Axel 1 and Axel 2 still deal noticeably more damage, they all have the same 2 and 3 Star Blitzes, Axel 2 and Axel 3 both have decent range jump kicks, and it means Axel 3's only real gimmick compared to the others remains an invulnerable Offensive Special. The Balanced damage setting puts the different versions of Axel closer together, but it doesn't change the state of things where Axel 2 is still a palette swap of Axel 3 with much higher damage, a unique Blitz Special, and a much stronger Offensive Special in exchange for losing the invulnerability when using it. The Balanced setting does to its credit genuinely try to address the power disparity between the other Axel versions which is the main thing that distinguishes Axel 2 and 3. Axel 3 still isn't what I'd consider terribly "competitive", being lower tier as far as general utility goes, and is outperformed by most other characters who have better crowd control blitzes as well as improved damage, but he is still usable.

Zan's always been a powerful character thanks to new SoRR specific 2 and 3 Star Blitzes enabling a strong rushdown game. He doesn't rely on individual hard-hitting moves, with most of his moves aside from his throws doing low to average damage (such as his Offensive and Defensive specials and his Blitzes), but Zan has massive reach on his jab pokes for easy grabs, has extremely high movement speed, has an especially fast 1-Star Blitz you can easily input to race across the screen, and has utterly dominant 2 and 3 Star Blitzes for diagonal attacking and outprioritizing enemies. They don't hit super hard, but are incredibly safe and spammable, allowing Zan to easily whittle down enemies. The developers appear to agree that Zan's a really great character, slapping minor damage nerfs on him I don't think really change him noticeably.

Roo gets damage upgrades that don't make a whole lot of difference on the main reason Roo suffers in crowds: his jump kick and Blitzes suck, his reach on his punches suck, and his grab from the back deals minimal damage compared to Skate's equivalent move. The 0 and 1 Star Blitzes remain the worst in the game, and that doesn't change even with a small damage buff. Fortunately, Roo's proven to be very competitive thanks to an SoRR specific throw for damage, his always useful back attack for locking enemies and reigning as the top tier 1v1 boss killer, and 5.2's given him back a his SoR3 style front hitbox on the back attack, allowing him to hit enemies on both sides as well as do faster infinite combos on enemies that can't block. Roo was always good, if very unorthodox and reliant on a few key moves, and the minor damage buff does nothing to address the real weaknesses he does have such as low jab range, his extremely bad 0 and 1 Star Blitzes, his jump kick that doesn't keep his leg extended, etc.

Skate 3 is possibly the worst character in the game, with horrendous jab range, low damage on all moves (with only his vault throw standing out for decent damage), and several attacks that tend to knockdown early before dealing full damage. In particular, his Offensive Special doesn't really deal a whole lot of damage and Mania enemies tend to run up behind you and punch you as soon as it ends. The invulnerability's nice, but Skate 2's Corkscrew Kick is more fun to use and quite damaging for quickly charging into enemies. Worse however are his Blitzes. Both Skate 2 and 3 have very decent 0 and 1 Star Blitzes, with the 1 Star's high speed being very effective, though their small hitbox means low priority vs attacks; enemies can actually punch you out of midair, especially on Mania, which kinda sucks. Skate 3's gimmick is supposed to be the ability to move diagonally during the 2 and 3 Star Blitz, but his vertical movement during these moves has always been badly nerfed compared to SoR3 and is in need of addressing. On top of that, the slam kick at the end of the 3 Star Blitz is slow, fairly short ranged, and the rolling animation beforehand knocks enemies down before the slam kick (which does most of the damage) can connect. Not only can you be punished if you miss, but enemies can also punch you out of the rolling animation before the slam kick! Skate 3 has no special gimmicks (like Roo has) that he can lean on, whereas Skate 2 is more or less the same but with much higher damage on grabs in particular, and a vastly better 3 Star Blitz unique to SoRR that has insane range on the slam kick (front and back) and doesn't knock down enemies during the startup hits, meaning it deals consistently high damage. Skate 3's final Blitz woulda been much better had been tweakes so it didn't knock down enemies early, so that all the hits can properly connect (and Zan's awful SoR3 2 and 3 Star Blitzes have been replaced for SoRR, so we know that some upgrades wouldn't be unappreciated in this case).

Shiva is absurdly powerful whether playing SoR2 or SoR3 type. The only disadvantage he's ever had is the relatively short-ranged Final Crash blitz being unsuited for crowd control, but Shiva's meant to be an overpowered boss character as a playable. Balancing him to be more in line damage-wise to the other characters is... fine, I guess. I don't really play him much, and I don't even remember how much % he's reduced by, but I'd say nerfs would kinda defeats the purpose of playing a purposefully overpowered secret character, and he still has massive reach on his standing attacks, fantastic specials, etc.

Axel 3 and Skate 3 are the only characters who ever felt underwhelming on the roster, especially relative to their stronger counterparts. Axel 1 and 2's damage reductions help sorta make Axel 3 more arguably usable compared to them, but the Balanced damage option, while a nice idea in theory, feels a bit like a bandaid solution. Skate 3 in particular needs significant tweaks to his blitzes, if not his damage, in order to be viable compared to Skate 2 who still has better damage, and a better moveset under the Balanced setting.

Last edited by bareknuckleroo on Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nora

https://www.youtube.com/bareknuckleroo

xRainmakerRSx and AnderGus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:10 pm

I've been stating this before 5.2 but I really hate Axel 2's running tatsu. It's the most useless and annoying move in the game even worse he still pulls it off with SoR2 settings so if I auto correct when turning he'll do that instead of the dragon smash. At least Adam's running move has good properties to it, it does double hit up close and works well as an anti air. There's no reason to use the tatsu, if it has to be there I would rather it go to beta Axel as a defense special alongside the tiger uppercut.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

AnderGus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  S1mple Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:31 pm

Does anyone know how to get the achievement Home Run?

S1mple
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sshadow5001 Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:26 pm

S1mple wrote:Does anyone know how to get the achievement Home Run?
01 To Be This Good Takes Mania! - Beat Game on Mania
02 Shopaholic - Buy all the store items
03 All Good Things - Unlock all the endings
04 Admiring The View - View all the scenes of the game
05 Supernova - Keep 3 stars during a whole stage
06 Mission: Possible - Beat event mode
07 Syndicate Crusher - Finish the game with a good ending
08 S For Survivor - Get S rank in any survivor stage
09 You Are Great! - Beat Boss Rush
10 Superhero - Finish the game without using a continue
11 Pole Position - Reach 1st position on the rankings
12 You Became The Boss! - SoR1 bad ending
13 Scrap Metal - Beat all 24 RobotX from the labs (Should be 22)
14 I Didn't Mean It! - Screens of Rage showing Blaze panties
15 Train Rider - Clear train without getting hit by the barriers
16 Armed and Dangerous - Beat 10 enemies without dropping your weapon
17 Friend of Kangaroos - Save Roo from Bruce
18 You Found A Secret! - You found a secret room on the temple
19 Now That's Teamwork! - Defeat any boss with a team somersault
20 Is That All You've Got? Counter 10 Torches or Axes from the clown
21 Home Run - Throw enemy to a pit with Adam Baseball special
22 Smackdown - Beat Abadede with Max Powerbomb move
23 Stay Down! - Beat Ash 2 times in a single Playthrough
24 A Shock To The System - Beat Electra with Elle's Shock Attack
25 No Alcohol Allowed - Destroy All Bottles of Blue Island
26 A Flash Of Brilliance - Defeat 3 enemies with a big explosion
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmNvw20OcpFvDYiaKt9w

Charco, Don Vecta, Shyning77, vince, Zhinkairi and ViDi like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  S1mple Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:44 pm

Defeat 3 enemies with a big explosion(Yes, I saw a tip. I just can't figure it out specifically. 3 enemies at the same time or not, just inflict damage or kill and somehow easier to do with a grenade or bazooka and at what level is the easiest. And for Home Run thanks, otherwise we are sitting in the Russian-speaking community wondering (there were assumptions that something was connected with baseball, but it was not clear what exactly needed to be done).

S1mple
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sshadow5001 Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:49 pm

S1mple wrote:Defeat 3 enemies with a big explosion(Yes, I saw a tip. I just can't figure it out specifically. 3 enemies at the same time or not, just inflict damage or kill and somehow easier to do with a grenade or bazooka and at what level is the easiest. And for Home Run thanks, otherwise we are sitting in the Russian-speaking community wondering (there were assumptions that something was connected with baseball, but it was not clear what exactly needed to be done).

3 enemies need to die from the same explosion and yeah I had assumed the Home Run Achievement would have been attached to the baseball field too until I accidentally unlocked it myself.
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

Back to top Go down

Post  S1mple Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:03 pm

Much appreciated! You really helped.

S1mple
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  bareknuckleroo Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:41 pm

Mr.Din wrote:I've been stating this before 5.2 but I really hate Axel 2's running tatsu.

I've found it useful as a way of occasionally closing distance when enemies react to a jump kick, but the poor hitbox, relatively low damage, and interruptibility means Axel 2's unique Blitz Special is not a great use of your special meter. CPU partners really love to use it, unfortunately.

Actually, assuming we leave damage values at their original, it'd be a great way of balancing out Axel 3 if it sprites were made for it and the move were swapped to him. Give the spinkick invulnerability so it hits reliably, maybe a bit more distance or damage, and it'd make Axel 2 the close range, slower type whereas Axel 3's weaker moveset is fleshed out with an effective gap-closing attack. You could even address Skate 3's issues by doing something like giving him back Corkscrew Kick as a Blitz Special (and improving his 2/3 star blitzes), so that he's weaker, but has more options than Skate 2.

Nora

https://www.youtube.com/bareknuckleroo

xRainmakerRSx and Final Crash like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  E.Signal Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:14 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:

I've beaten Abadede with Max's powerbomb and the trophy didn't unlock, how does that trophy work? I tried stage select and just fought Abadede on Stage 4. Does the trophy have to be done on an actual run and not stage select?
E.Signal
E.Signal
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sshadow5001 Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:41 am

E.Signal wrote:
Sshadow5001 wrote:

I've beaten Abadede with Max's powerbomb and the trophy didn't unlock, how does that trophy work? I tried stage select and just fought Abadede on Stage 4. Does the trophy have to be done on an actual run and not stage select?
Are you sure it was the powerbomb you did? It's the one where you press X during a grab and it uses your special gauge.
I unlocked it during a SoR2 route run.
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

Zhinkairi and AnderGus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Zhinkairi Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:44 am

Sshadow5001 wrote:
E.Signal wrote:
Sshadow5001 wrote:

Are you sure it was the powerbomb you did? It's the one where you press X during a grab and it uses your special gauge.
That's the strategy for stage four of SOR2. Smile
Zhinkairi
Zhinkairi
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  E.Signal Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:17 am

Wow .... I've been doing the wrong move lol, I never knew he had a special grab like that. I thought you just had to grab a guy, then press jump and attack for the powerbomb.
E.Signal
E.Signal
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Crash Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:29 am

Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Crash Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:45 am

Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Crash Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:46 am

Boss Rush and Survival modes have become much more difficult Twisted Evil
Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

Charco, E.Signal and AnderGus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  AnderGus Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:35 am

Sshadow5001 wrote:
E.Signal wrote:
Sshadow5001 wrote:

Isn't the A button (with standard control settings) the one which should be pressed?
AnderGus
AnderGus
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  E.Signal Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:53 pm

Final Crash wrote:Boss Rush and Survival modes have become much more difficult Twisted Evil

I've noticed it, I was playing Survival Round 1 with Blaze (SOR3) and barely made it a C Rank lol
E.Signal
E.Signal
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:01 pm

bareknuckleroo wrote:
Mr.Din wrote:I've been stating this before 5.2 but I really hate Axel 2's running tatsu.

I've found it useful as a way of occasionally closing distance when enemies react to a jump kick, but the poor hitbox, relatively low damage, and interruptibility means Axel 2's unique Blitz Special is not a great use of your special meter. CPU partners really love to use it, unfortunately.

Actually, assuming we leave damage values at their original, it'd be a great way of balancing out Axel 3 if it sprites were made for it and the move were swapped to him. Give the spinkick invulnerability so it hits reliably, maybe a bit more distance or damage, and it'd make Axel 2 the close range, slower type whereas Axel 3's weaker moveset is fleshed out with an effective gap-closing attack. You could even address Skate 3's issues by doing something like giving him back Corkscrew Kick as a Blitz Special (and improving his 2/3 star blitzes), so that he's weaker, but has more options than Skate 2.

I like these ideas, if the tatsu can be improved in anyway I'm all for it. Would make more sense for Axel 3 now given with balanced the preferred settings are no run/roll for his full damage.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  E253MechaShadow Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:15 pm

I wonder if Hara-Kiri will ever get into SoRR... This would be a blast.
E253MechaShadow
E253MechaShadow
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sshadow5001 Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:58 pm

AnderGus wrote:
Sshadow5001 wrote:
E.Signal wrote:
Sshadow5001 wrote:

Isn't the A button (with standard control settings) the one which should be pressed?
Oh sorry I was going off a 6 button genesis control scheme.
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

AnderGus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  xRainmakerRSx Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:21 pm

bareknuckleroo wrote:

I really enjoyed reading what you wrote about the characters and for that reason I would like to ask you .... which 'pause delay' do you think best covers all playable characters? and what is the best for mania difficulty? I confess that I always used 'pause delay remake' because it always felt more right. I mean, it’s not because I’m playing sor 'REMAKE but because that shape didn’t seem to have any errors in the gameplay (this was still in the beginning of 5.1) I remember one example in particular, the last hit of the shiva sor2 knocked down the enemy making an infinite insane! That didn't seem right to me!
I think I need to test all the 'pause delay' again!

xRainmakerRSx
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next