SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions & How To's

+106
ShivaLovesRudra
tobydanger
Zales360
brianagoofygoober
Areton338
CrackSmokingWarlock
invertedzero
stonegolem
novabeast92
CassioAug
Kolunya1985
Paladin09
E253MechaShadow
excalex2
Blackblade34
Sshadow5001
Masterspider5
bodation
Final Crash
robertrj
Mach3
SketchTurner
IramS
Red Jack
Vargus
tastheblood
Solid One
zakforradio
Koakon
System_shock
Fist of the Dead Star
Shivarules656
Zoltan Redbeard
dhoppler
Lord Molch
Security
marshall85
Note
ArcadeTheHedgehog
realbout
WillyTheSquid
Gentax
scalliano
applejacks
thejoker
Anzelotti
Name? Why not zoidberg?
Trygon
Break
Maximust
Tivus
TheWolfe
Kormann
KaiserDragoon69
fade2black001
Mr.Din
Shyning77
bazzza
toph_bei_fong
Endsareforever
Pablo Ignacio Scaletta
CarlitosArg
Rocketeer Raccoon
Si0r
Xvall
El Gambito
Brown Cow
serp
iceweb38
bob211
G. Jonah Jameson
BigDarsh
isamu
DarkThief
bareknuckleroo
Magnus Blade
Kane
Kageshima
NoPainNoGain
fender178
Imapus Sylicker
solid snake
graylandertagger
RetroStation
rjbetty
Emthree
Crash Dummie
tidyboyd
Arthandas
Xenovant
User6849
Elmo
Excelix
celestinx
Don Vecta
Saven
Manicmagnet
Charco
PsychoticDust
Lithium Flower
RuffNTumble
realnabarl
TheWorldasd
Waruiva
Benny26
110 posters

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Questions & How To's - Page 6 Empty Re: Questions & How To's

Post  6566328 Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:20 pm

hi,I want to know, two star max, X Down Right, whether can be changed to X Down up, because it's easier to press

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:01 pm

6566328 wrote:hi,I want to know, two star max, X Down Right, whether can be changed to X Down up, because it's easier to press

Nope, special moves cannot be reconfigured. It's like trying to change the motion of a hadouken for Ryu from d ddf f + P into f f + P

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  6566328 Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:55 am

Don Vecta wrote:
6566328 wrote:hi,I want to know, two star max, X Down Right, whether can be changed to X Down up, because it's easier to press

Nope, special moves cannot be reconfigured. It's like trying to change the motion of a hadouken for Ryu from d ddf f + P into f f + P
OH I KNOW. Smile 

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  6566328 Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:16 pm

I don't know whether there is about the enemy and oneself. The theme of attack frame. For example, blaze (3), forward+special is very fast, but, I do not know the specific frame

Signal

Back to top Go down

Questions & How To's - Page 6 Empty Questions RE: Color and Name Editor

Post  Xvall Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:23 am

Just has a few questions regarding the color and name editor.

1) I changed the Mona/Lisa || Yasha/Onihimie sprites, all of them, to one specific color because I was having trouble getting them to show up in those colors in their boss stage at the bar. They still don't show up in different colors there, but they do in the boss rush. Are certain bosses or units in the main storyline just color locked? I was having difficulty altering some of the random enemies in this fashion the same way I did with the twins.

2) Do certain name slots correspond to certain pallets for the enemies? I have both the editors unlocked and I'm basically wanting to synchronize certain names to certain pallets. For instance, making my red Donovan named "Hellboy", green one named "Hulk"; how would I go about ensuring that the name I want attaches to a specific palette? Or does it just randomize the enemy names and palettes in the game?

Xvall
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Questions & How To's - Page 6 Empty recording sorR

Post  Si0r Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:45 pm

Hi All

I have for the last few days been trying to record using many different screen recording software to record my game to pop on youtube. But nothing seems to work as the recording is all messed up and is not full screen more a square box with my desktop taking up the rest of the screen Sad.

Any thing I am missing here that could be causing this?

Any help would be great Smile

cheers si

Si0r

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:19 am

Technically speaking, when you play in fullscreen mode, the game is in a 320x240 window (probably a the top left corner of the screen).

If you use camtasia to record your run, while playing "Full screen mode"; I think you can adjust the video recording size (320x240) and put it in the target in the top left corner.

If it does not work, then record while playing in windows mode and it will work.
PS: I tried myself to record video like this, and it works perfectly but my computer is not powerful enough to suport the recording while playing, so the game is slow down, and that sucks.

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocketeer Raccoon Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:49 am

Just wondering about those grenades weapons, is it possible to throw them and make them explode immediately instead of having a timed delay? The only method I have seen where you can is if you throw a grenade at a wall and it instant explodes so I'm wondering if there's a way without a wall?
Rocketeer Raccoon
Rocketeer Raccoon
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Questions & How To's - Page 6 Empty question

Post  CarlitosArg Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:37 am

Why the street of rage 3 remake is very different than the original game?

CarlitosArg
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:41 am

krloxxx wrote:Why the street of rage 3 remake is very different than the original game?

Questions & How To's - Page 6 ReadImage?iid=412211
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:33 pm

Saven wrote:
krloxxx wrote:Why the street of rage 3 remake is very different than the original game?

Questions & How To's - Page 6 ReadImage?iid=412211

LMAO~! My thoughts exactly!

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Pablo Ignacio Scaletta Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:47 pm

TheWorldasd wrote:Just wondering, under the sticky for downloads, there is no link for sorR 5.0a, did sega pull it down again?
Not put the link yet I guess. But I think it is not quite necessary. BTW IDK how much effort has SEGA taken on this thing. But actually the game has been spreaded too much on the internet.[/quote]
Hello, everyone! I downloaded it from here: http://www.g4g.it/2011/04/07/streets-of-rage-remake-v5-0-final-version/
Hope it helps.

Pablo Ignacio Scaletta
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:06 am

Pablo Ignacio Scaletta wrote:Hello, everyone! I downloaded it from here: http://www.g4g.it/2011/04/07/streets-of-rage-remake-v5-0-final-version/
Hope it helps.

There is a new version since 5.0a came out, 5.1. You can find it in the topic below. Wink
http://www.sorrcommunity.com/t322-streets-of-rage-remake-v5-1-discussion-thread
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Questions & How To's - Page 6 Empty How to open ?

Post  Endsareforever Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:11 am

I downloaded and extracted the .rar file from the link, but the folder has .dat files.

How can I access the game guys ? Thank you !

Endsareforever

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:12 am

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Endsareforever Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:59 pm

Hey man, thanks but I was referring to the 5.1 version download...could you kindly help ?

Endsareforever

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:18 pm

Sure, it is very easy. download any "full game" version of SoRRv5.

Then copy/paste the dat file of the version you want to play.

exemple: on my computer, I've sorrv5.0 (full game) and I have to other dat files (the one of sorrv5.0a and the one of sorrv5.1) so I just have to copy the dat file to update my game ! (make back up if you want, like i did !)

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Questions & How To's - Page 6 Empty Resolution

Post  toph_bei_fong Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:43 pm

Hey guys I just got a new monitor and TV that supports native 1920x1080. Is there any way I can make SORR run in 1920x1080?

toph_bei_fong
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:49 pm

toph_bei_fong wrote:Hey guys I just got a new monitor and TV that supports native 1920x1080. Is there any way I can make SORR run in 1920x1080?

No because the creators Bomber games wanted to keep the resolution close to the original, but at the time this was created 600X400 was the smallest resolution available on operating systems. Also I think that this game in 1080p would look horrible, it would lose some of the detail in the graphics because 1080p is really only for HD games and films and so on. This game is made with sprites and everyone knows that sprites are best at fairly low resolutions making them 1080p would make them looked stretched and disproportioned and ugly.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Shyning77 Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:11 pm

I have a question that should have been asked quite a few times already, but...

Is there a way to force SORR to run in full screen mode on a 16:9 PC monitor with the correct 4:3 aspect ratio ?

Just like for the movies, I prefer to display the picture as it was meant to be Razz

Thanks in advance.

SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  toph_bei_fong Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:30 am

bazzza wrote:
toph_bei_fong wrote:Hey guys I just got a new monitor and TV that supports native 1920x1080. Is there any way I can make SORR run in 1920x1080?

No because the creators Bomber games wanted to keep the resolution close to the original, but at the time this was created 600X400 was the smallest resolution available on operating systems. Also I think that this game in 1080p would look horrible, it would lose some of the detail in the graphics because 1080p is really only for HD games and films and so on. This game is made with sprites and everyone knows that sprites are best at fairly low resolutions making them 1080p would make them looked stretched and disproportioned and ugly.

I understand what you are saying, can't run in 1920X1080, got it. But it's a personal preference. I don't mind the stretching. So I'll just play it upscaled.

Also sprites looking ugly in HD resolutions is an opinion because SNK has made beautiful HD sprites

https://www.google.com/search?q=kof+xiii+sprites&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS607US607&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=955&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=e_fGVOm-MM62yATDlIDgBA&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

toph_bei_fong
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:04 am

toph_bei_fong wrote:
bazzza wrote:

I understand what you are saying, can't run in 1920X1080, got it. But it's a personal preference. I don't mind the stretching. So I'll just play it upscaled.

Also sprites looking ugly in HD resolutions is an opinion because SNK has made beautiful HD sprites

https://www.google.com/search?q=kof+xiii+sprites&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS607US607&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=955&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=e_fGVOm-MM62yATDlIDgBA&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ
I think he meant small sprites upscaled looks ugly not actual hd sprites.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:47 pm

Shyning77 wrote:I have a question that should have been asked quite a few times already, but...

Is there a way to force SORR to run in full screen mode on a 16:9 PC monitor with the correct 4:3 aspect ratio ?

Just like for the movies, I prefer to display the picture as it was meant to be Razz

Thanks in advance.

I don't think there is. It's possible if the TV or monitor has aspect ratio settings though itself, that's how i do it on my TV.

Admin

https://sorr.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:20 pm

Mr.Din wrote:
toph_bei_fong wrote:
bazzza wrote:

I think he meant small sprites upscaled looks ugly not actual hd sprites.

Yes I did sorry for not being specific.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Shyning77 Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:25 pm

Benny26 wrote:
Shyning77 wrote:I have a question that should have been asked quite a few times already, but...

Thanks in advance.

I don't think there is. It's possible if the TV or monitor has aspect ratio settings though itself, that's how i do it on my TV.
Ow, too bad... Sad I don't like playing a game planned for a 4:3 aspect ratio with a stretched picture. For a beat-them-all, that also affects timing and hit/jump distances slightly IMO.

SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next