SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask Questions and Share Tips Here

+50
bareknuckleroo
Mjolnir Mark IV Cyborg
Tolle
Hansuke
pot2fox
Herb1e
joewolf
Red Jack
Cm_Blast
Darksenin
lamducle
xxDerVxx
Blackblade34
justjamie
vince
Quantum
Konfetraff
Iceferno
Shiva the Destroyer
TheWolfe
Sshadow5001
Charco
Don Vecta
celestinx
Doomerzan
loftyD
Cosmo
bazzza
Fibonacci
Krizalid
Waruiva
tzeism
SORMAKER
weealls
JoyJoyfulRabbit
iceweb38
El Gambito
Rocketeer Raccoon
Boss
Xenovant
Shiva
Shadow Fist King
Mr.Din
BigDarsh
thenomad
Benny26
KReed
Saven
54 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Ask Questions and Share Tips Here Empty Ask Questions and Share Tips Here

Post  Charco Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:45 pm

Ask any questions you have in relation to SorMaker here!

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ask Questions and Share Tips Here Empty Re: Ask Questions and Share Tips Here

Post  Charco Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:29 pm

Anyone working on a mod at the moment? Demos section looks lonely...

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:37 pm

I'm still working on mine, very slow process and had some mod fatigue awhile back. I'm getting some new ideas now, I really like the one I just came up with a few days ago. Smile
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Ask Questions and Share Tips Here Empty I've Got Glitches in me Britches!

Post  KReed Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:58 pm

In answer to the above question, I'm not making any mods right now but I AM developing a mini-mod to be shipped with a main project (I am developing a prequel).

It was while doing this, when I was using the SoRMaker today, that I've come across two rather sudden glitches that have me concerned that my SoRR is has become corrupt and I might need to re-download it.

Firstly, the music in my mod won't play. I've checked all common flaws; that the files were properly named and the correct extention and file type (which they are), that I told the level to play the right numered track (which I had) and that my volume was actually turned on (lol!) etc. etc. but still the music won't play. I've checked that the main game still has it's sound and it does so it's a problem with the mod itself, or rather the Maker's ability to detect the tracks I guess.

The second is minor and I kinda like it but it's also a bit weird. I found that some (but not all, which is the weird part) of my cutscene texts were appearing with no box/border around it. The avatar and text appeared fine but there was no background or border to it which was odd but actually looked pretty cool. However I'd rather that was optional rather than just a random happening Laughing

Do any of these sound familiar? Anybody know what I should do about it and, if worse comes to worst, do I have to re-downlad my game? Doubtful

Thanks a lot in advance Smile

Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:01 pm

KReed wrote:In answer to the above question, I'm not making any mods right now but I AM developing a mini-mod to be shipped with a main project (I am developing a prequel).

It was while doing this, when I was using the SoRMaker today, that I've come across two rather sudden glitches that have me concerned that my SoRR is has become corrupt and I might need to re-download it.

Firstly, the music in my mod won't play. I've checked all common flaws; that the files were properly named and the correct extention and file type (which they are), that I told the level to play the right numered track (which I had) and that my volume was actually turned on (lol!) etc. etc. but still the music won't play. I've checked that the main game still has it's sound and it does so it's a problem with the mod itself, or rather the Maker's ability to detect the tracks I guess.

The second is minor and I kinda like it but it's also a bit weird. I found that some (but not all, which is the weird part) of my cutscene texts were appearing with no box/border around it. The avatar and text appeared fine but there was no background or border to it which was odd but actually looked pretty cool. However I'd rather that was optional rather than just a random happening Laughing

Do any of these sound familiar? Anybody know what I should do about it and, if worse comes to worst, do I have to re-downlad my game? Doubtful

Thanks a lot in advance Smile

Not sure about the first question, but the second one has to do with the changes with 5.0a. Some of your text is absolutely transparent and will not have a dialogue box. Download the newest version of cutscene maker and you can use its tool to correct this error in all of your cutscenes..
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  KReed Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:11 am

Saven wrote:
Not sure about the first question, but the second one has to do with the changes with 5.0a. Some of your text is absolutely transparent and will not have a dialogue box. Download the newest version of cutscene maker and you can use its tool to correct this error in all of your cutscenes..

Thank you for your response Saven Smile I didn't realize there was a new version of Cutscene Maker (assumed all work on the game and it's add-ons had completely stopped) It's fixed it and the cutscenes are now working normally, yay!

I decided to download the Prototype mod and open that on SoRMaker to play and I found that the music works in that mod which suggests the problem is with the music in my mod but they ARE .ogg files so I don't know why all 3 of the pieces I used weren't working. All I can think to do is get rid of them and get some new music put in to see it works any better lol.

EDIT: It worked! Not sure what the problem was but it seems remaking the audio files did the trick Very Happy

Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:33 pm

That's weird, and they are named correctly like in other mods where they are working? Make sure they are the correct frequency, open one from another mod that works in a program like Audacity and check one of yours. If they are not the same frequency, change it and save them all again.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KReed Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:06 pm

I DID notice that mine were named "1.ogg" instead of just "1" and I changed that the second time around so maybe it was that and not the files like I'd thought before. Ah well, at least it's working now lol

I can't seem to make footsteps work. It's not really essential to the mod, I just thought it would be a nice touch. I had a step0 file and it was in .wav format but it would't play the sound in game I think maybe the way the file was made had something to do with it. I don't suppose anybody has a 'footstep on gravel/stones' handy? lol That's what I'm looking for at the moment.

EDIT: Oh yeah, how can I make the stope camera stop on a sniper point and stay stopped until it ends like in the SoR 2 Stage 1 bit? I don't really want to put enemies on that spot just to make the stop camera work.

Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:56 pm

Here you go, one gravel step wav file that 100% works: http://www2.zshare.ma/hpjmrg1cqe9n

EDIT: Oh yeah, how can I make the stope camera stop on a sniper point and stay stopped until it ends like in the SoR 2 Stage 1 bit? I don't really want to put enemies on that spot just to make the stop camera work.

You don't have a choice here. If you want the stop camera to work you have to have at least one enemy there.

Admin

https://sorr.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  KReed Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:37 pm

Oh that sound is just perfect! Thanks a lot Very Happy It sounds great in my cave.

Thanks for the tip on the camera thing. I had a feeling there might not be a way around it. I'll put some enemies there ^_^

Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:00 pm

KReed wrote:Oh that sound is just perfect! Thanks a lot Very Happy It sounds great in my cave.

I just had an image of someone making a Sormaker mod on their laptop while in a cave Very Happy

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:02 pm

Charco wrote:
KReed wrote:Oh that sound is just perfect! Thanks a lot Very Happy It sounds great in my cave.

I just had an image of someone making a Sormaker mod on their laptop while in a cave Very Happy

Possibly a batcave. Razz
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  KReed Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:13 pm

HAHAHA! Laughing Love it.

Galsia

Back to top Go down

Ask Questions and Share Tips Here Empty Art.

Post  RuffNTumble Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:07 am

I suppose for maximum compatibility. what would the preferred programme be for creating unique art for the SoRMaker?.
RuffNTumble
RuffNTumble
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:04 pm

RuffNTumble wrote:I suppose for maximum compatibility. what would the preferred programme be for creating unique art for the SoRMaker?.

Depends of the style you wanna make. Klares made his mod solely on MS Paint. I usually prefer Photoshop to create mine, some others master already GIMP. TheNomad created his stages for the incoming Phenom on 3D.

So i guess that depends of what kind of style you aiming for,

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Karma Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:52 pm

I've started looking at sites for MUGEN, but I'm a bit confused about how to convert the SFF files to PNG. I can't seem to find a program to do this. Any advice? There are some awesome stage backgrounds that I'd love to use for a mod, but I've never even heard of SFF files until today.
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:53 am

Karma wrote:I've started looking at sites for MUGEN, but I'm a bit confused about how to convert the SFF files to PNG. I can't seem to find a program to do this. Any advice? There are some awesome stage backgrounds that I'd love to use for a mod, but I've never even heard of SFF files until today.

find a program named zcharcar or mcm, both are good to extract SFF's.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Karma Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:43 am

Thanks Don Vecta. Downloading now.
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  thenomad Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:34 am

I think that if Bomberlink could come back one more time and release a tool to develop custom enemies, the MOD scene could last forever... if with the same enemies over and over again, people managed to create some fresh experiences, imagine if we could develop an entire new legion of bad guys...
thenomad
thenomad
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:18 am

I do not share your opinion to be honest. It's not SideScrollerMaker, but SoRMaker.
This tool is perfect to create an SoR mod. Sure there are limitation a bit annoying like number of object, animated cutscene are a real pain to make etc but including new mooks would make that tool something really bad to me.

Why?
Because when I see the number of people who are not able to understand how to design a battle with 64 mooks, I think it would be just an insane "cr*ppy sidescroller mod fest" with the possibility of making "exclusive mook".

The number of clever combination with 64 well thought mook is almost infinite if modders take time to understand how the IA react.

ie: In Golden Rage route Golden Axe 3.
Barbon with lasers => very challenging but well thought

ie: In Gang of Fury.
Bongo 1 with Jugglers => great idea (adding a Soozie and Donovan into the mix and it would be just perfect)

ie: In Nightseeper.
Dahmn Tool with regular mook feat Slums and Nora (for last waves) on a small area
with a "custom galsia" (no spoiler :p) => Super creative

ie: In H.U.N.T.E.R
Collision Map Tricky + Bikers + Freescroll => Oh god this was so well thought I just love it!

In the opposite way look at Manhunt, I love this mod but:
Abadede + R Bear + Thouzer in a small room = total misunderstanding of the battle design of a SoR Sidescroller mod IMHO.
An I have a hundred of example like this and as I don't want to be a f*t b*st*rd, I just want to say that knowing how to make visuals and sounds is not enough to make a good SoRMod, you need to learn battle design mechanics and there is still a lot of work in this segment for the SoRR Community IMHO.

So 64 mooks makes a lot of possibility, and before adding new mooks, people must learn how to use these one properly to make something interesting, entertaining and creative.

On the old SoRR forum, there were a nice topic about this, unfinished (so sad...)
http://www.bombergames.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2812

To conclude, I'm really happy with that limitation of 64 well thoughts mooks because it permits to avoid the worst...

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  thenomad Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:59 am

I thought about that (avoid to transform SorR in a generic beat n up), for this, i have asked just for enemies creation, not playable characters, to keep the Sor feeling. You right when say that we can see some crap work if people could design his own enemy character, but in the other hand, skilled people could make some very good things with the tool, and expand something that still amazing, but at same time, becoming a tired formula. The possibility in create new bad guys could help to improve storytelling too, not only gameplay... for sure MODs like Operation Nigthsweeper managed to "create" new enemies, to deliver a fresh plot, but still not the ideal solution. Another useful thing about a creation tool, could be to edit existing characters, give they a new visual, maybe some new moves, i fail to see why this could be more a problem than a good thing! And for people that think that things are good the way they are, just use the traditional 64 characters...
thenomad
thenomad
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:34 am

You may tell the truth, I might be too selfish since i'm a user and not a modder. When I see a mod, I download it, I play it and give feedback in order to help people who work freely on them to make them better. It's very rare that version 1.0 of a mod is perfect. It is always patched with the help of feedback (community work).

If a tool permit in SoRMaker to include new mooks or new abilities to character, I'm sure I will quit this video game, because I don't want to waste my time on playing cr*ppy video games. I know story telling is important, visual and all, but it's a video game and mooks are part of the rules of it. The rules of SoRR are great; not perfect, but surely one of the best side scroller ever. When I download a mod, I know the rules of the game whatever the modder did, he can't change them and this is a guarantee for user to enjoy it.

Break this limitation, and you have no guarantee anymore. You can download the best side scroller ever, even better than SoRR v5, or the worst side scroller ever. I think that bombergame would like to make people able to express their creativity but they do not want people rape 8 years of hard work by doing everything they want (worst include) with that powerfull engine.

That's really how I see the thing and I may be totally wrong. That's just my opinion.

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  thenomad Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:34 am

You not wrong Big, is just different of my point of view, but i can understand yours. You see and love SorR for what it is, a SoR homage, and i respect this, because i love too! But sometimes while moding, i really felt my imagination locked by some Sor Maker restrictions. Just to be clear, i don't want to play a totally different Sor experience, but could be great if i could create at least 4, 5 new enemy characters, just a new final boss could be a great help to improve storytelling. Sorry if you felt that i was harsh, was not my intention!
thenomad
thenomad
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:21 pm

I think to create a more customizable beat 'em up OpenBOR is the way to go. I see better and better mods done there with original content and it's looking good. The options expand to do many things that unfortunately SORmaker cannot do, so... yeah, in a way, if people wanna try making more personal mods, they should use OpenBOR.

SORmaker has really gorgeous stuff but it's, as Darsh mentioned it, more SOR exclusive content.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  thenomad Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:41 pm

The problem with openbor is the physics, that don't feel like SoR, i have played some OpenBor games related to streets of rage and all of them are terrible... my idea is to work with SorR because theres a solid base, just want to expand a little more. OpenBor demands a lot more knowledge to achieve not so great results...
thenomad
thenomad
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next