SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask Questions and Share Tips Here

+53
Rain
Puzirkov
Budderhydra
bareknuckleroo
Mjolnir Mark IV Cyborg
Tolle
Hansuke
pot2fox
Herb1e
joewolf
Red Jack
Cm_Blast
Darksenin
lamducle
xxDerVxx
Blackblade34
justjamie
vince
Quantum
Konfetraff
Iceferno
Shiva the Destroyer
TheWolfe
Sshadow5001
Charco
Don Vecta
celestinx
Doomerzan
loftyD
Cosmo
bazzza
Fibonacci
Krizalid
Waruiva
tzeism
SORMAKER
weealls
JoyJoyfulRabbit
iceweb38
El Gambito
Rocketeer Raccoon
Boss
Xenovant
Shiva
Shadow Fist King
Mr.Din
BigDarsh
thenomad
Benny26
KReed
Saven
57 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Ask Questions and Share Tips Here - Page 4 Empty Re: Ask Questions and Share Tips Here

Post  Fibonacci Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:01 am

bazzza wrote:
Fibonacci wrote:
bazzza wrote:another way could be download a MOD, say Rudra's Story unzip then you should see the folder double click the folder to see another one of the same name inside of it, cut and paste that inner one to the SORR V5.1\mod\games directory.

That's exactly what I did. Does that mean that mods do not work at all in this game?

Maybe this will help you.

The same I did and yet it's not working. I'm still getting that “press start button” prompt.

Fibonacci
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Ask Questions and Share Tips Here - Page 4 Empty Re: Ask Questions and Share Tips Here

Post  Cosmo Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:49 am

I am having a few issues concerning maker.

First of all, certain functions don't seem to work right for me, yet they do for others. I have even upgraded to v5.1 for both the main game and maker and certain things are not working.

1. Some scenes don't seem to want to move me forward. It seems if i have a scene that is completely one screen only and doesn't scroll, if i use instant exit or walking to, it won't work. I have to put the enemy on boss. I feel as though i have seen others use this function, but for some reason it doesn't work for me. If i am mistaken, please alert me.

2. The shadow placement only shows bottoms, even when selecting the up versions. I don't know if this just doesn't work, or if my maker somehow got messed up.

3. Custom portraits won't show. Laucorn walked me through how to do this kind of stuff, but for some reason, no portrait will show, at least not any custom portrait. I made a script folder within the test mod thing i have, a portraits fpg file, and both a custom and (insert stage number here) txt file, plus i put my custom portrait in the script file. And then i use cut-scene maker to put it in, i upgrade it to 5a, i select the custom portraits, and it shows up in both the maker and the preview screen, and yet it still won't show up in the mod whether in test mode or selecting the actual game.

Any suggestions?
Cosmo
Cosmo
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:41 am

Seems like you may still have 5.0a for the shadows and portraits?

The 320 width thing is done with Elevator + GO (no enemies), or an Auto Down NOT ELEVATOR.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cosmo Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:31 am

Hmm. Could you elaborate a bit on this v5.0 vs v5.1 thing for portraits and shadows? I assumed once you replaced the file with 5.1 everything became v5.1. I didn't know there were certain lingering aspects from 5.0 that needed replacing. If you could, maybe try and explain to me how this is done, what causes it, and how to fix it?
Cosmo
Cosmo
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Cosmo Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:29 am

Update. Nevermind the shadow and portrait thing. There was a misconception on our part concerning the DAT file for the main game. Maker was upgraded, but the main game was not. Now i have 5.1 for both.
Cosmo
Cosmo
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Ask Questions and Share Tips Here - Page 4 Empty cutscene help

Post  loftyD Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:08 pm

Hi Guys

Do Single Image cutscenes need to be a certain height and width?

Mine are appearing just as a black background with the caption text Sad

Thanks

loftyD

loftyD
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:44 pm

loftyD wrote:Hi Guys

Do Single Image cutscenes need to be a certain height and width?

Mine are appearing just as a black background with the caption text Sad

Thanks

loftyD

320 x 240 is the maximum dimensions IIRC, I don't think they will go off-screen and will just go to black. I usually do mine in 277 x 144 to get the closest to the SOR3/SORR look plus it looks nicer when it doesn't have an image behind it, making it hard to read.

What are you saving the image under? I always do mine in .png.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Ask Questions and Share Tips Here - Page 4 Empty cutscene help

Post  loftyD Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:17 pm

Hi Saven

I'm saving as PNG under 320x240... Bizarre

This has never happened to me before Embarassed

loftyD
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:01 am

Are you saving it correctly? Saving the fpg file under something like 8-bit instead of 16-bit is the only thing I can think of as to why its not working.

I just did a test image under 320 x 240 and it worked fine for me.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Ask Questions and Share Tips Here - Page 4 Empty cutscene

Post  loftyD Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:09 am

Hi Saven

I'm saving the FPG as 16 bit. Royally confused now!

Thanks

loftyD

loftyD
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Ask Questions and Share Tips Here - Page 4 Empty How do I Get a characters fpg file?

Post  Doomerzan Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:59 am

In the completed mods section, there is a character mod for vegeta. Somehow he got the fpg file for the character he wanted vegeta to replace, so I want to know how I can get fpg files for other characters. And also, can someone make Athena from kof a playable character?
Here is where you can get her sprites:  ww.spriters-resource.com/playstation_2/kofxi/sheet/38716/
If it does not count as a link copy and paste the link onto the tab that says what website you are on. You know what it is.
Doomerzan
Doomerzan
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  celestinx Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:52 am

Doomerzan wrote:In the completed mods section, there is a character mod for vegeta. Somehow he got the fpg file for the character he wanted vegeta to replace, so I want to know how I can get fpg files for other characters. And also, can someone make Athena from kof a playable character?
Here is where you can get her sprites:  ww.spriters-resource.com/playstation_2/kofxi/sheet/38716/
If it does not count as a link copy and paste the link onto the tab that says what website you are on. You know what it is.

It is not a simple process and it can take a long time. But, if you would like to, you should check out this thread i created: http://www.sorrcommunity.com/t440-index-utilities-and-applications-and-non-sormaker-add-ons#11316 There you will find what you are looking for...
celestinx
celestinx
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Doomerzan Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:39 pm

Thanks. Now I have gotten a tiny bit more progress. But how do I make my sprites smaller without making my character look messed up!!! And there is another problem. the character sprites are supposed to face the right. If I have character sprites facing left how do I flip them???
Doomerzan
Doomerzan
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:57 pm

Does anyone know of any conditions in which the jump to scene option is broken in Sormaker after defeating a boss?

I want to jump to scene 6 in the next stage after beating the boss, but it keeps going to scene 1 instead.

EDIT: Figured it out, I hadn't edited the Stage Clear event to choose the next scene as scene 6 Smile

It's been a while lol

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:26 am

Charco wrote:Does anyone know of any conditions in which the jump to scene option is broken in Sormaker after defeating a boss?

I want to jump to scene 6 in the next stage after beating the boss, but it keeps going to scene 1 instead.

EDIT: Figured it out, I hadn't edited the Stage Clear event to choose the next scene as scene 6 Smile

It's been a while lol
 My my, someone is editing a stage... Smile

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:38 pm

Hehe yeah

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sshadow5001 Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:51 pm

Hey Guys, so does anyone know anything about contact points on characters?

Through experimenting I've figured out a few

0 = Position of sprite, you usually put it the bottom middle of the character, on or slightly above the bottom of the feet
1 = Where held weapons appear, though not the direction they are facing of if they are in front of behind character, usually places around the top of the right hand
2= an attacks reach, usually on or slightly in front of the fist/foot, you kinda gotta guess the reach of weapons on the specific sprites
3= Not in use from what i've seen
4 = Dead centre of sprite (though i've seen some that are way way off below the sprite, not entirely sure what it's for)
5 = Not sure but it's always at X1 Y1
6 = On very very few sprites it seems to be placed just under the Right Foot
7 = Same as 6 but on the left foot
8 = not in use
9 = not in use
10 = often Positioned in line with the shoulder and neck
11 = Often positioned in line with right arm and top of head

This is just from experimenting so i'm not 100% sure on how most of them work, but i'd like to know more, More specifically how to alter a characters hitbox at what determines when an enemy attack hits you? is it based on the sprite itself? So if an enemies attack contact point overlaps a non transparent part of your sprite does it hit? what if you made a very short character? would that mean only low attacks would hit?

Any additional information would be appreciated
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmNvw20OcpFvDYiaKt9w

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiva the Destroyer Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:14 am

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums, and I absolutely adore Streets of Rage, hence joining.
SOR Maker caught my attention, and I want to start on a game of my own, but I was wondering if anyone knew where two pieces of music are among the other completed mods, and if I can use them.

I won't post a link to the videos, since I'm not entirely sure if that breaking the rules, but Davpreec on Youtube did some playthroughs on the Rage in Time and Unexpected Arrival mods with some special tracks added to them, specifically the Character Select and the Stage clear. Those are what I'm looking for! I've tried the mods myself (great btw), but I did not find these.

Thanks in advance

Shiva the Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWolfe Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:36 pm

Shiva the Destroyer wrote:Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums, and I absolutely adore Streets of Rage, hence joining.
SOR Maker caught my attention, and I want to start on a game of my own, but I was wondering if anyone knew where two pieces of music are among the other completed mods, and if I can use them.

I won't post a link to the videos, since I'm not entirely sure if that breaking the rules, but Davpreec on Youtube did some playthroughs on the Rage in Time and Unexpected Arrival mods with some special tracks added to them, specifically the Character Select and the Stage clear. Those are what I'm looking for! I've tried the mods myself (great btw), but I did not find these.

Thanks in advance

The songs are from the mod Never Back Down. You can learn more about the mod (as well as download links to the two songs you're looking for) right over here.

As for whether you can use the songs in your mod or not, you may want to ask the mod creator AxelFan since he single-handily composed all the songs in the mod himself. While most modders don't mind using their stuff as long as you credit them, it's best you ask him yourself just to be on the safe side.

TheWolfe
TheWolfe
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiva the Destroyer Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:53 am

Thanks for the reply and help, I found a version where the download link still works in the "Completed Mods" section, and I'll be sure to ask for permission for the songs. And he composed them himself? All I can say is wow, haha. That's impressive! Very Happy

edit: shoot, the download has the two songs completely separate, but the links are all down for those...
Am I kind of screwed? Neutral

double edit: I found an extra link from another post on that same forum, all is good. Thanks again for the help!

Shiva the Destroyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:14 pm

I'm just curious to know, are all mods working correctly in 5.1? I've only been able to get 5.0a and it's affected some of the mods I've downloaded.

It's usually one of two things:
(1) The game won't advance to the next stage.
(2) Characters get stuck in jump/drop cycles on suspended platforms.

There have been other issues like missing characters or screens, but I understand that's most likely due to the directory folders (the TMNT4 one really confused me).

Iceferno
Big-Ben

https://iceferno.com

Back to top Go down

Ask Questions and Share Tips Here - Page 4 Empty Weapon in first stage

Post  Konfetraff Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:39 pm

Hi. I apologize for using google translator
How to place all weapons in the first stage? Is there a cheater or trainer? Or it can be done with the help of some editor?

Konfetraff

Back to top Go down

Post  Quantum Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:09 am

Hey guys,

im going to sormaker but no mods showing up, i think ive done it right i have the mods in the appropriate folder

im on a mac, would it make a difference?

and to actually use sormaker i run it from my sorr folder? if i try to run the .exe it says the application cant extract contents

thx

Quantum
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:18 am

Did you unlock the sormaker option in the shop?
The SorMaker.exe is used to test or modify a mod, not really to play them. For that, you have to go by SorR.exe and to SORMAKER option.
Do you see the list of mods?
Your mod fodlers are in mod\games?
The error about can't extract content maybe about the enemies palettes missing. Do you have the folder palettes\enemies with all the .pal files?
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Quantum Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:48 pm

Yes sormaker unlocked.
No list of mods but mods put into mod\games
Palettes and enemies r there, i had followed the streets of rage 2/3 ultimate mod guide the person had written.
i have also put that data folder in my main directory

Quantum
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next