SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask Questions and Share Tips Here

+50
bareknuckleroo
Mjolnir Mark IV Cyborg
Tolle
Hansuke
pot2fox
Herb1e
joewolf
Red Jack
Cm_Blast
Darksenin
lamducle
xxDerVxx
Blackblade34
justjamie
vince
Quantum
Konfetraff
Iceferno
Shiva the Destroyer
TheWolfe
Sshadow5001
Charco
Don Vecta
celestinx
Doomerzan
loftyD
Cosmo
bazzza
Fibonacci
Krizalid
Waruiva
tzeism
SORMAKER
weealls
JoyJoyfulRabbit
iceweb38
El Gambito
Rocketeer Raccoon
Boss
Xenovant
Shiva
Shadow Fist King
Mr.Din
BigDarsh
thenomad
Benny26
KReed
Saven
54 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Ask Questions and Share Tips Here - Page 2 Empty Re: Ask Questions and Share Tips Here

Post  BigDarsh Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:13 am

thenomad => I really do not know bomber game team, so I really don't know if the limition they put on mooks are technical limitation they would like to overid or a real wish to not let people do what they want. That's why I say I might be wrong, but sure we have different point of view you and I, but that's what is interesting in a mature discussion Wink

To conclude on a positive mood, a lot of OpenBoR SoR base are not really good, I do agree, but there are some masterpiece on other theme such as Golden Axe. I don't know if you play this OpenBoR but you definitly should. Wink

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Ask Questions and Share Tips Here - Page 2 Empty Re: Ask Questions and Share Tips Here

Post  Mr.Din Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:39 am

OBoR does require a lot of time and patience to get down everything SoR has to offer, it kind of disappoints me that some of the closer SoR Feel mods drive in a totally different direction. Though to be honest even though SoRMaker has it's limits it does offer A LOT, you don't have to pain yourself with the physics or enemies etc, you can't make new characters but everything else is there but it also takes some patience to understand. I still mess around with it myself when I have the time. Smile

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:57 am

I'm working on making a gallery for moveset so I choose to create a SoRMaker mod with a "one color" background layer in order to make screenshot.

I have several questions linked to this and I apologize if it has been already answered. Feel free to redirect me on the tutorials that featuring those informations.

1/ About the color of the layer:
I thought black but not pure black (0.1.0 or 0.0.1) was the best color to work with but I might be wrong. I tried with pink but as the video codec corrupt a little bit the sprite's borderline, it's not this good. Maybe white could be a good idea though.

2/ About the extension of the layer:
I choose 16 bits BMP but I might be wrong too (I can use 24bits and 32bits).

3/ About the property of the layer:
Then I don't know what is the best R.G.B set.
This is the 3 set I get for 16bits.
-R5 G6 B5
-A1 R5 G5 B5
-X1 R5 G5 B5

Thank you
here is a sample I did but I'm not very happy with it
Ask Questions and Share Tips Here - Page 2 Axl_normal_vid

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:27 am

Stick with white. Easy to set the lines and borders of the sprites.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  thenomad Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:57 pm

Hey Big, have downloaded the OpenBor Golden Axe Legends, Final Fight Gold, and Jennifer, and the work in those Mods were really impressive, Golden Axe and Final Fight plays' exactly the same the original games, it's kinda of the same treatment and attention that Bomberlink had with SoRR, putting together the best from the trilogy in one single game. Man, beat 'n up fun seems endlessly these days, thank you internet community...!
thenomad
thenomad
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Fist King Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:47 pm

Coming onto this thread a little late, but in response to the question asked at the outset about demo mods, I'm almost done re-working my mod that I've been building for some time; I just need to tweak a few little things about it, do a further test-run, and then that's it!

I have a question that I don't think was ever addressed on the old forum. When I place certain enemy characters into a scene/map of a certain size, and they are not designated as boss characters, then after the enemies are defeated, when it's time for my character to walk off-screen or for the scene to change - NOTHING. It's stuck on that same scene, and then I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del my way out to close the game. (For instance, if the scene is the same size as the "Mr. X's brain in a jar + Robot Y" map.) I have had to resort to using bigger/longer maps and reserving the smaller-sized ones for boss fights. Any other suggestions?

EDIT, Oct. 2: Can anyone tell me how to configure my stage so that I can go back and forth from one end to the next (as is done with the Sodom stage in the Final Rage Trilogy mod)?

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiva Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:29 pm

Sorry for this ask, but I want understand: HOW YOU MAKE VIDEOS IN GAME???

I downloaded Fraps, Bandicam and other… But I can't make a video.

Signal

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089480096

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiva Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:49 pm

And… Is there a SoRMaker in V4.

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenovant Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:12 pm

Shiva wrote:Sorry for this ask, but I want understand: HOW YOU MAKE VIDEOS IN GAME???

I downloaded Fraps, Bandicam and other… But I can't make a video.
Use bandicam, but do NOT try to record directx/opengl, click on target>rectangle on a screen

Shiva wrote:And… Is there a SoRMaker in V4.
Nope

Xenovant
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiva Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:27 am

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:21 am

It's a WIP screenshot of Sormaker for V5.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:09 am

Charco wrote:
It's a WIP screenshot of Sormaker for V5.
4. The full enemy roster will be there for you to put in from the very beginning without having to adhere to any pre-established order, so you can decide if Galsia is the big boss.
he he he...lol! 
Spoiler:

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiva Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:48 am

How build a sound and voice mod?

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:23 am

I think it's time to read all the tutorials the community wrote.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ask Questions and Share Tips Here - Page 2 Empty sprites

Post  Boss Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:42 pm

alright, can anybody help me out here? i need some sprites similar to operation nightsweeper with the people all tied up and gagged. and if possible, some x rated versions of those sprites
Boss
Boss
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Ask Questions and Share Tips Here - Page 2 Empty How do you make a Walk To Exit Door Point?

Post  Rocketeer Raccoon Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:39 pm

I've looked through all the SORmaker tutorials and no-where does it tell you how to make a Walk To Exit Door point. The picture below probably best describes what I'm asking for, I've marked it with a red circle.

Ask Questions and Share Tips Here - Page 2 Pw4j

Just how do you make these? There's clearly no visible option for it.
Rocketeer Raccoon
Rocketeer Raccoon
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:04 pm

Emm, you just do as shown ib that mod, choose the "Walking to" option as the exit type and place Max where you want your character to walk to when all enemies are defeated.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocketeer Raccoon Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:18 pm

Oh, just as you posted that, I discovered something, when you set up the Walk To Option, to get the Max thing you have to click on the white arrow thing on the edge of the map and it's on the black offscreen part, no wonder I couldn't find it. Thanks. Very Happy
Rocketeer Raccoon
Rocketeer Raccoon
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:26 pm

No problem Smile

If you create a layer and play around with the z values you can make your character break the door on exit. Have a look at some of the scenes in my V4 Remake mod to see how you can do this. Looks cool.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocketeer Raccoon Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:48 pm

Alright, sounds cool. I'm trying to make my own mod too, I'm basing it off the old Sega classic, Alien Storm Smile It's be off the Genesis version as that's the best I can get the levels from.

I notice the actual levels are quite small for their size plus I have to recreate the shooting stages as actual levels so this will take a long while to get it done.
Rocketeer Raccoon
Rocketeer Raccoon
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:33 pm

Glad to hear it, if you have any questions, just ask, someone here will have an answer.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow Fist King Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:30 pm

On the subject of "walking to exit," I've noticed that a lot of the stage maps I've been sourcing can't utilize that feature; when I try to use it, the Max icon doesn't come up on the screen AT ALL. Does it have something to do with the maps themselves, or am I doing something wrong? (The ones where the Max icon will come up tend to be pretty short in length.)

Signal

Back to top Go down

Ask Questions and Share Tips Here - Page 2 Empty Low pitched?

Post  El Gambito Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:42 pm

Sup people!

Since I couldn't find the OST for Crisis Beat I decided to record it (Thankfully pausing the game don't reduce the volume and I made sure there's no game noises) and then I converted it to .OGG. It does play the song in SoRMaker but it sounds low pitched and somewhat slower, I played it on Audacity and Total Video Player and it sounds okay.

So... is there an specific way I must convert audio files to .ogg or there's something else wrong? What programs you guys use to convert audio files?  tongue 
El Gambito
El Gambito
Donovan

http://gamblinggambit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiva Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:50 pm

Here. Use this.

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:53 pm

El Gambito wrote:Sup people!

Since I couldn't find the OST for Crisis Beat I decided to record it (Thankfully pausing the game don't reduce the volume and I made sure there's no game noises) and then I converted it to .OGG. It does play the song in SoRMaker but it sounds low pitched and somewhat slower, I played it on Audacity and Total Video Player and it sounds okay.

So... is there an specific way I must convert audio files to .ogg or there's something else wrong? What programs you guys use to convert audio files?  tongue 

Re-record it in Audacity. At the left of the screen should be a - + lever, there's the pitch control. Set it where it sounds alright, adjust volume and re-record again.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next