SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions & How To's

+106
ShivaLovesRudra
tobydanger
Zales360
brianagoofygoober
Areton338
CrackSmokingWarlock
invertedzero
stonegolem
novabeast92
CassioAug
Kolunya1985
Paladin09
E253MechaShadow
excalex2
Blackblade34
Sshadow5001
Masterspider5
bodation
Final Crash
robertrj
Mach3
SketchTurner
IramS
Red Jack
Vargus
tastheblood
Solid One
zakforradio
Koakon
System_shock
Fist of the Dead Star
Shivarules656
Zoltan Redbeard
dhoppler
Lord Molch
Security
marshall85
Note
ArcadeTheHedgehog
realbout
WillyTheSquid
Gentax
scalliano
applejacks
thejoker
Anzelotti
Name? Why not zoidberg?
Trygon
Break
Maximust
Tivus
TheWolfe
Kormann
KaiserDragoon69
fade2black001
Mr.Din
Shyning77
bazzza
toph_bei_fong
Endsareforever
Pablo Ignacio Scaletta
CarlitosArg
Rocketeer Raccoon
Si0r
Xvall
El Gambito
Brown Cow
serp
iceweb38
bob211
G. Jonah Jameson
BigDarsh
isamu
DarkThief
bareknuckleroo
Magnus Blade
Kane
Kageshima
NoPainNoGain
fender178
Imapus Sylicker
solid snake
graylandertagger
RetroStation
rjbetty
Emthree
Crash Dummie
tidyboyd
Arthandas
Xenovant
User6849
Elmo
Excelix
celestinx
Don Vecta
Saven
Manicmagnet
Charco
PsychoticDust
Lithium Flower
RuffNTumble
realnabarl
TheWorldasd
Waruiva
Benny26
110 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Questions & How To's - Page 11 Empty Re: Questions and How To's

Post  Masterspider5 Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:21 pm

i downloaded this game today. love it. but i don't understand how saves work. they're really inconsistent and i don't want to keep having to restart the game every time i have to stop playing. can someone explain them to me? Sad

Masterspider5

Back to top Go down

Questions & How To's - Page 11 Empty Re: Questions & How To's

Post  Sshadow5001 Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:54 pm

I believe closing the game by pressing the X in the corner will make a quicksave that'll return you to the beginning of the last screen you entered when you start the game up again, however pausing and exiting ends your playthrough and you have to start again.
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmNvw20OcpFvDYiaKt9w

Security likes this post

Back to top Go down

Questions & How To's - Page 11 Empty Streets Of Rage Remake V5.2 TROPHIES ACHIEVEMENT

Post  Blackblade34 Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:56 pm

Benny26 wrote:Questions about SorR can be asked here.

For questions regarding important plot developments in the game please use the spoiler tags.

Hi Benny!

I need a little info: Probably u have played the new V5.2 patch already and you got known about the update a little bit!
My question is how do we get the ,,Homerun trophy,, in V5.2 game? What should we complete/do in order
to achieve that?
Blackblade34
Blackblade34
Donovan

Benny26 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sshadow5001 Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:11 pm

Blackblade34 wrote:

For questions regarding important plot developments in the game please use the spoiler tags.

Hi Benny!

I need a little info: Probably u have played the new V5.2 patch already and you got known about the update a little bit!
My question is how do we get the ,,Homerun trophy,, in V5.2 game? What should we complete/do in order
to achieve that?
Check the complete 5.2 save thread. details in there.
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmNvw20OcpFvDYiaKt9w

Benny26, Saven and Security like this post

Back to top Go down

Questions & How To's - Page 11 Empty Streets Of Rage Remake V5.2 TROPHIES

Post  Blackblade34 Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:34 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:
Blackblade34 wrote:

Hi Benny!

to achieve that?
Check the complete 5.2 save thread. details in there.

Thanks Sshadow! Thumbs up Actually one of my friends needs this trophy not me, but hopefully this V5.2 save data will satisfy him at all, we'll see!!! 😅
Blackblade34
Blackblade34
Donovan

Benny26 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  excalex2 Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:00 am

I have a question. I've heard that SORR v5.2 allows you to just drop custom palettes in the mod game folder instead of replacing the palettes but I can't seem to get this to work. Does anyone know how this works?

excalex2
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:41 am

excalex2 wrote:I have a question. I've heard that SORR v5.2 allows you to just drop custom palettes in the mod game folder instead of replacing the palettes but I can't seem to get this to work. Does anyone know how this works?

Inside the mod folder should be a folder named "palettes", then inside that (or in mine) i have "chars" and "enemies" folders. Inside those you have the palette files themselves. They should work then.

Admin

https://sorr.forumotion.net

Security and excalex2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:42 am

From the bugtrack:

275. Sormaker: Added support for custom enemy palettes.
- Create a file called "enable_pal" on the main folder of your mod. (no file extension)
- Create palettes/enemies folder and drop your files inside.
- If you want to replace Abadede palette 3, keep abadede.pal (reference) and abadede3.pal (palette).
- The game will load the missing palettes from the original directory.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Benny26 and excalex2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  E253MechaShadow Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:30 pm

How can I unpack the SoRR.dat so it would be easier to make override data files, like custom sound files etc?
E253MechaShadow
E253MechaShadow
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Paladin09 Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:13 pm

Good eve all.
I recently acquired an rg300 gaming handheld that came loaded with Streets of Rage Remake 5.1. I'm running into an issue with trying to map controls. What's happening is that whenever I attempt to remap using the handheld buttons they refuse to actually register. So I end up getting stuck at the remap screen and have to restart. When loading the game fresh the controls more or less work (although for some reason I can't use the L or R button to change which version of a given character I can use like the different versions of Axel), but any attempts to remap and the program just refuses to think it can read them.

Does anyone have any experience with this or have a possible fix?

Paladin09

Back to top Go down

Post  Kolunya1985 Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:45 am

Good day everyone, I'm trying to run the game on xbox360, I ran into a widescreen problem: in version 5.2 it is supported and set in the settings, but I don't understand what parameters need to be set in the xbox.cfg file. If you can tell me what parameters need to be set so that the game runs in full screen mode in 16/9 aspect ratio at 720p resolution.
The same text, but in Russian:
Всем доброго времени суток, пытаюсь запустить игру на хвох360, столкнулся с проблемой широкоформатности: в версии 5.2 она поддерживается и в настройках выставляется, но я не понимаю какие параметры нужно установить в файле xbox.cfg. Если можно подскажите какие параметры нужно установить, чтобы игра запускалась в полноэкранном режиме в соотношении сторон 16/9 при разрешении 720p.

Kolunya1985

Back to top Go down

Post  CassioAug Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:20 pm

Hi, I have just started playing SoR Remake and am really enjoying it, however there are quite a bunch of things I am unsure of and am trying to understand but I can't find anywhere, for example:

a) Do I need to finish the game first to unlock CPU Friend mode? And at any difficulty mode? What about SOR Maker?

b) What do these options do in the Game Options menu?
- Death Type
- Pause Delay
- SOR3 Exceptions

c) Is it possible to save the game before finishing all stages? My time to play is usually quite short and I rarely play the game until the end on one sit.

d) Is there any documentation that explains all the game settings and other useful infos?
(Edit: I just found out there's a Manual included inside the version 5.1; it is lacking in the version 5.2, would appreciate if added)

CassioAug

Back to top Go down

Post  novabeast92 Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:28 pm

Is this community dead? because I've been looking and asking EVERYWHERE for solutions to fix the audio problem I'm getting with this game, and all I've been getting is radio silence. I really want to fully enjoy the remake the community helped work so hard on...

novabeast92
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Questions & How To's - Page 11 Empty I can't set any screen filters on SoRR 5.2

Post  stonegolem Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:29 am

I have been playing SoRR for many years with great Joy. First of all thank you for this great project.

I can't set any screen filters on SoRR 5.2. No HQ versions, no scanlines. Is that intended? Or is it a bug?

I'm Using Windows 10, I have done a clean install and I have also tried all F keys.

My game also started with greyed out VSync and Video modes. I had to enter SORRv52\mod\system.txt and set it to desktop manually to activate those setting.

I'm playing on a 55" screen. Original pixel mode really looks bad. I wish for some filters like mame or retroarch. I hope the developers had some time and develop those kind of filters one day.

Anyway. Thank you for this project again !

stonegolem
Galsia

invertedzero likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  invertedzero Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:06 pm

stonegolem wrote:I have been playing SoRR for many years with great Joy. First of all thank you for this great project.

I can't set any screen filters on SoRR 5.2. No HQ versions, no scanlines. Is that intended? Or is it a bug?

I'm Using Windows 10, I have done a clean install and I have also tried all F keys.

My game also started with greyed out VSync and Video modes. I had to enter SORRv52\mod\system.txt and set it to desktop manually to activate those setting.

I'm playing on a 55" screen. Original pixel mode really looks bad. I wish for some filters like mame or retroarch. I hope the developers had some time and develop those kind of filters one day.

Anyway. Thank you for this project again !

Can say I'm having similar problems. Alt-Enter doesn't change between windowed and fullscreen, and I don't know how to get the game fullscreen on a second monitor.

invertedzero
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Questions & How To's - Page 11 Empty Fullscreen in v5.1

Post  CrackSmokingWarlock Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:07 am

It's been several years since I last played this and I'm pretty sure I was running a version pre 5.0, but is there a way on 5.1 to stretch the image to fill a 1920x1080 display? I know of the fullscreen launcher and while that does work, it leaves black bars on the sides of the screen (to maintain a 4:3 aspect ratio I suppose.) I swear when I played years ago I was able to scale it properly somehow, and that was with the exact same monitor I am using now.

Is there some way to do a sort of bordered windowless hack so it displays the way 5.2 does?

CrackSmokingWarlock
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Questions & How To's - Page 11 Empty .ips !? How to install?

Post  Areton338 Wed May 25, 2022 1:45 pm

Hello Friends!
I think such a topic is missing, and many of us are having a hard time ...
Some files like those of Klares and his patch Blaze R
https://sorr.forumotion.net/t210-blaze-r-naked-hack-completado
come to us in the form of files with the extension .ips
How to mount and use such files to the SorR engine??
Areton338
Areton338
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Questions & How To's - Page 11 Empty Trouble with Launching SoRR

Post  brianagoofygoober Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:37 am

I'm having trouble launching SoRR, when I try to play the game, it says: error, galsia.pal not found.
I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong or that my file archiver is a WinZip. Let me know

brianagoofygoober
Galsia

brianagoofygoober likes this post

Back to top Go down

Questions & How To's - Page 11 Empty Boss AI

Post  Zales360 Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:12 pm

Hey folks, I've been fiddling with the AI Editor since 5.2 is pretty much impossible to enjoy "out of the box", and I think I found a sweet spot, but one thing is bugging me. Are certain bosses supposed to be so fast and aggressive regardless of speed and agressivness setting? The best example for this is SOR2 Zamza or SOR1 Shiva. Yes, I made sure that my settings are applied to both enemies and bosses.

On a side note, what does "evade" setting do? I haven't noticed any difference regardless of which option i choose.

Thanks in advance!
Zales360
Zales360

Back to top Go down

Post  tobydanger Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:47 pm

I'm trying to get SORR working on the Anbernic 353v handheld, can anyone give me some pointers? I've tried putting the files in the same folder as Portmaster, but nothing is working.

tobydanger
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Questions & How To's - Page 11 Empty Need help!

Post  ShivaLovesRudra Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:36 pm

Hi all. My game doesn't see colors on the splash screen. How to solve this problem?
Questions & How To's - Page 11 Screen10
Questions & How To's - Page 11 Screen11
ShivaLovesRudra
ShivaLovesRudra
Galsia

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNY-7WleQtRyM6Tev3G_dKQ

Back to top Go down

Post  darklightjg1 Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:27 pm

Hello,
I played V5.1 of SORR years/almost a decade ago and loved it. I recently downloaded V5.2, tried to do Mania a few times and got scummed out on the last level (cronies wouldn't let me get close to Mr. X enough to take out his 6 life bars  Whut? , or I didn't know how the randomized bomb disarming trap rooms worked anymore on the "SOR3" route and got the bad ending... but I would've gotten my ass kicked by Boss Shiva anyway since I only had 1 life left going into that area). After dealing with this frustration, I have a few questions:

-Does anyone have a list of all the 1up locations in SORR V5.2? I feel like I could be missing some (like some I'm forgetting about that I got in V5.1 and I need all the edge I can get since I'm not that good)?

-What are the actual differences in the A.I from version 5.2 compared to 5.1? I was looking for a video or post about this aspect, but has anyone done a detailed analysis of the differences (or even just some differences you should know about when approaching them)?

I don't think I can rest until I've finally beaten V5.2 on Mania. They're playing really dirty.

Questions & How To's - Page 11 Cheati10

Edit: I did beat the game on Mania last night, but am still curious with the questions in case anyone is willing to answer.

darklightjg1

Back to top Go down

Post  saintric Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:05 pm

I probably already know the answer since I haven't seen it included in anyones mod but..

can we create motorcycle scenes in SORM like in the standard SORR?

maybe some sort of creative work around?

saintric
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Questions & How To's - Page 11 Empty SOR Source Code??

Post  scaraboy13 Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:57 am

Hello my name is Scara this is probably my first and only time using this forum site but I created an account here to ask for any help.

Now I'm not no tech head that has deep knowledge of windows inner workings but I'm in contact with some guys that are. Simply put I am looking for the direct open source code of SoRR V5.2 so I can give it to these guys so they can potentially try to convert the game into a UWP package that can be loaded into Microsoft's Xbox Developer Mode as a seperate application. With it more people can play this coveted remake on their Xboxes without having to jump through some convoluted hoops. If anyone has knowledge on how to dump the game's code contact me either through here or on discord I have the exact username there as I have here

Hope someone reads this soon and reaches out to me ASAP

-Scaraboy13
scaraboy13
scaraboy13

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:56 am

Trust me, the source code of this game will never be released. I don't know if it's for good or for bad anymore.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next