SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions & How To's

+106
ShivaLovesRudra
tobydanger
Zales360
brianagoofygoober
Areton338
CrackSmokingWarlock
invertedzero
stonegolem
novabeast92
CassioAug
Kolunya1985
Paladin09
E253MechaShadow
excalex2
Blackblade34
Sshadow5001
Masterspider5
bodation
Final Crash
robertrj
Mach3
SketchTurner
IramS
Red Jack
Vargus
tastheblood
Solid One
zakforradio
Koakon
System_shock
Fist of the Dead Star
Shivarules656
Zoltan Redbeard
dhoppler
Lord Molch
Security
marshall85
Note
ArcadeTheHedgehog
realbout
WillyTheSquid
Gentax
scalliano
applejacks
thejoker
Anzelotti
Name? Why not zoidberg?
Trygon
Break
Maximust
Tivus
TheWolfe
Kormann
KaiserDragoon69
fade2black001
Mr.Din
Shyning77
bazzza
toph_bei_fong
Endsareforever
Pablo Ignacio Scaletta
CarlitosArg
Rocketeer Raccoon
Si0r
Xvall
El Gambito
Brown Cow
serp
iceweb38
bob211
G. Jonah Jameson
BigDarsh
isamu
DarkThief
bareknuckleroo
Magnus Blade
Kane
Kageshima
NoPainNoGain
fender178
Imapus Sylicker
solid snake
graylandertagger
RetroStation
rjbetty
Emthree
Crash Dummie
tidyboyd
Arthandas
Xenovant
User6849
Elmo
Excelix
celestinx
Don Vecta
Saven
Manicmagnet
Charco
PsychoticDust
Lithium Flower
RuffNTumble
realnabarl
TheWorldasd
Waruiva
Benny26
110 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Questions & How To's - Page 10 Empty Re: Questions & How To's

Post  zakforradio Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:40 am

I really don't think the ReShade program will work with SoRR. I have found something that will change the colors a bit for those who are interested. It only works for Windows10. If you can see in this link just follow the settings at the bottom. It says "Improving colours on a Dell Inspiron" but i think it could work on any computer.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4168359
zakforradio
zakforradio
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Solid One Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:02 am

How can I edit SORR texts and graphics, in order to translate it to brazilian portuguese? I heard that it's possible to edit graphics through Smart FPG Editor, but does it edit both graphics and texts from story?
Solid One
Solid One
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  zakforradio Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:26 pm

There's a Russian version available of the game. If you're interested, I could give it to you
zakforradio
zakforradio
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Solid One Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:38 pm

zakforradio wrote:There's a Russian version available of the game. If you're interested, I could give it to you

Wow, that's nice. Can you send it to me?
Solid One
Solid One
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  zakforradio Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:08 am

Look here, its full of Russian goodies
https://vk.com/page-33851370_51529627

On the bottom of the list I think it has the files to make SoRR into Russian. So if you just edit those files you might make a full conversion Smile
zakforradio
zakforradio
Signal

Back to top Go down

Questions & How To's - Page 10 Empty Change resolution

Post  tastheblood Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:32 pm

Hello forum, I am new, I wanted to ask if there is a way to modify the resolution of the game, since I want to run the game in my arcade, and I need it to run at 640x288, and the game runs at 640x480

tastheblood

Back to top Go down

Post  bareknuckleroo Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:04 am

I've never heard of a 640 x 288 resolution screen. Sounds like a strange choice to run arcade games on as the CRTs that ran arcade games were normally 4:3 resolution as in 320 x 240 or 640 x 480. Some hardware actually was designed around screen stretch and had non square pixels. For instance, Capcom's CPS-2 hardware ran at 384×224, stretched to 4:3 aspect.

The game natively runs at 320 x 240 and can be upscaled in the video options by 2X to 640 x 480, but 640 x 288 would require cutting off 192 pixels on the top and bottom of the screen, or running it at 320 x 240 without upscaling and not having it fill the entire screen... You might have success running SoRR windowed at 640 x 480 and then using something like Sizer (http://www.brianapps.net/sizer/) or ResizeEnable (http://www.digitallis.co.uk/pc/ResizeEnable/) to forcibly gain control of resizing and squeeze it down to 640 x 288, but it'll frankly look awful.

The problem here is your arcade cabinet should have a 4:3 aspect ratio screen. That is the aspect ratio the game was designed around, and anything you do to squeeze it into a non-standard ratio is going to require compromises in the visual quality.
bareknuckleroo
bareknuckleroo
Nora

https://www.youtube.com/bareknuckleroo

Back to top Go down

Questions & How To's - Page 10 Empty Need to fix link in the downloads section regarding 'ports'

Post  Vargus Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:59 am

Hi All,

Not really a question, but I thought I'd bring this to the mods attention.

in this thread...

https://sorr.forumotion.net/t27-downloads-streets-of-rage-remake-v5-1-ports-and-soundtrack

the following link...

http://theisozone.com/downloads/xbox/homebrew-games/xstreets-of-rage-remake-v5-final-homebrew-port-for-xbox/

...doesn't work given theisozone.com shutting down

Also for the xbox homebrew port does it need to be updated to v5.1?

I don't have either and was wanting to put on my modded/homebrew original xbox.

If these could be updated that would be great.

Now I have to work out how to add sorr 5.1 to work on my xbox...

Vargus
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Vargus Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:40 am

Just an update...

I managed to get it (SORRv5) and add the update (xSorRv5 Update1) and get it working with my modded original xbox.

Not sure if it is v5.0 or v5.1 after the update, but I did get a save that has the game 100% unlocked and works fine on my Widescreen CRT TV.

Let me know if anyone needs any links to do the above, I will gladly post them.

Cheers

- Vargus

Vargus
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Jack Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Crash Dummie wrote:
EDIT: The upgrade to 5A worked, and I'm enjoying the subtle differences. Max's 3 stars Blitz works much better, and Abad... Abade....... The Ultimate Warrior is much less of a pain in the butt.

LMAO!!

Red Jack
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  zakforradio Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:31 pm

Aye, Ive been using Sorr for Xbox360 for a while now, and updated as you mentioned. Also with the edited save file. Im not able to save state though. If you need help running SorMaker Mods just let me know
zakforradio
zakforradio
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Vargus Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:16 pm

zakforradio wrote:Aye, Ive been using Sorr for Xbox360 for a while now, and updated as you  mentioned. Also with the edited save file. Im not able to save state though. If you need help running SorMaker Mods just let me know

ok will do, thanks!

Vargus
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  IramS Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:14 pm

Is there a way to control the amount of scanlines? Default is too much. I want to use something like 25%-30% scanline. Also is there a way to preserve 4:3 ratio when switching to fullscreen? The image gets stretched a bit too much. I couldn't find any ini or cfg file for settings either.

BTW I'm new here. Hi.

IramS

Back to top Go down

Post  zakforradio Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:48 pm

Maybe your intel graphics settings will allow you to maintain aspect ratio. And for scanlines I think there is no way to increase or decrease those
zakforradio
zakforradio
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Jack Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:29 am

zakforradio wrote:Look here, its full of Russian goodies

On the bottom of the list I think it has the files to make SoRR into Russian. So if you just edit those files you might make a full conversion Smile

Why would you want to make SoRR into Russian?
Genuine question.

Red Jack
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:40 am

Red Jack wrote:

Genuine question.

Perhaps because a large numbers of SORR players are actually Russian?

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:55 am

Don Vecta wrote:

And modders! Like that Hedgehog guy with the cool soundtracks selection!!!
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Jack Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:59 pm

Don Vecta wrote:
Red Jack wrote:

Genuine question.

I don't think you understood the question.
Besides, I wasn't even asking you. In fact, your answer comes across like a bit of a twatty answer.

Red Jack
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Questions & How To's - Page 10 Empty Best pause delay option?

Post  SketchTurner Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:02 pm

Would the best pause delay for optimal gameplay be SoR2, SoR3, Remake, Or Combined? If using combined, would SoR 2 and 1 Characters be able to keep up with SoR 3 Characters?

Also, when using combined. What pause delay do SoR 1 characters use. Since there is no SoR 1 Pause Delay Option?

Galsia

Back to top Go down

Questions & How To's - Page 10 Empty SORMaker for complete newbie

Post  Mach3 Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:38 pm

Hello, how do I get started with SORMaker? Are there any tutorials for people who are day one newbies?

Mach3

Back to top Go down

Post  robertrj Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:49 pm

Hello. I'm not sure if still being visited, but will ask anyway.

Recently, my SORR game changed its fullscreen resolution for no reason. I have a 16:9 laptop, but game always launched in a 4:3 format with 800x600 resolution. Which I believe is the expected behavior, since I read here the game doesn't have widescreen support.

But now it is showing fullscreen, and image look bad, like it was stretched to the sides.

Just a side note: some time I ago I installed Steam for other game. But it didn't affect SORR...

Does anybody had this issue, and know how to fix it?

Thanks.

robertrj

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:17 pm

robertrj wrote:Hello. I'm not sure if still being visited, but will ask anyway.

Recently, my SORR game changed its fullscreen resolution for no reason. I have a 16:9 laptop, but game always launched in a 4:3 format with 800x600 resolution. Which I believe is the expected behavior, since I read here the game doesn't have widescreen support.

But now it is showing fullscreen, and image look bad, like it was stretched to the sides.

Just a side note: some time I ago I installed Steam for other game. But it didn't affect SORR...

Thanks.

First try launching SORR through Steam, it worked for me when I was having a problem with some games.

Second if the first option does not work right click the SORR EXE, then go to properties, then compatibility tab, then go to change high DPI settings, in there tick both boxes and apply but make sure that both option are on signed into windows top one and the bottom one is on application.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Crash Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:25 pm

Where can I find the SOR Remake update for my Xbox 360? And how do I run mods on the Xbox 360? I will be glad if anyone share the update Smile
Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  robertrj Fri May 03, 2019 3:45 pm

bazzza wrote:
robertrj wrote:Hello. I'm not sure if still being visited, but will ask anyway.

Thanks.

First try launching SORR through Steam, it worked for me when I was having a problem with some games.

Second if the first option does not work right click the SORR EXE, then go to properties, then compatibility tab, then go to change high DPI settings, in there tick both boxes and apply but make sure that both option are on signed into windows top one and the bottom one is on application.  

Thanks for the information. But it is still strange... Somehow, one day it got back to normal, even before trying to run it from Steam. Now, it is back again to a full screen wide format. I'm starting to feel that installing Steam messed it up, although there were no changes in my computer in the meantime.

Before trying to run it through Steam (I'm think about uninstalling it), I tried to follow the other suggestion, but couldn't find the exact info you said. I'm running Windows 7, and in the Compatibility tab there is not a High DPI Settings as you mentioned. There is a tick box mentioning High DPI, but even activating it there is no change...

Any other hint?

robertrj

Back to top Go down

Questions & How To's - Page 10 Empty Question about boss difficulty

Post  bodation Thu May 30, 2019 5:23 am

I remember long time ago, a patch was released and made some bosses reeeally hard, Abadede and Shiva. Abadede was somewhat doable but Shiva was just unfair and frustrating, impossible not to lose continues. I remember the people at the forums complaining a lot about this, I think it was the 5.0b version. Before that I was able to beat the game at Mania, but after the patch it was impossible for me.

My question is: is this fixed in the 5.1 version? Or is there a mod/file/fix for this? I really want to play again at Mania.

bodation

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next