SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Double Dragon II: The Advance Megamix by WSE

+23
88fighter
bareknuckleroo
zakforradio
HeroBorn
Mr.Din
bazzza
realnabarl
Muscles
thenomad
cabo-hicks
DEIA GAMES
Garcia75
DarkThief
G. Jonah Jameson
Laucorn
Shiva
BigDarsh
Tarma
Charco
Don Vecta
27 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Double Dragon II: The Advance Megamix by WSE - Page 3 Empty Re: Double Dragon II: The Advance Megamix by WSE

Post  Garcia75 Sun May 11, 2014 6:32 pm

DarkThief wrote:
Garcia75 wrote:I found the solution and fixed it in the Sormaker editor: you have to remove the "End scene" command and the stage clear screen will appear

That only works for stage 1 (route 3), the others don't have a stage clear (and if you put one in, you end the stage just by walking to the right).  However, those stages are working fine again...weird.  (didn't prevent me from having issues though...the secret cave is buggy as hell with Shiva, had to restart/restore many times just to get through it)

Try to remove the end scene square, check if the last goon is in boss mode, then do a test of the maps. I did it yesterday with stage 1 scene 8, stage 2 scenes 5 and 9, stage 4 scenes 3 and 13, and stage 5 scene 6; as a result, that weird bug stopped. Even if there is no stage clear square, the goon which is in boss mode could resolve the problem.

stage 1 scene 3, there was a "jump to stage" square that redirected to the beginning of stage 1
Garcia75
Garcia75
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Double Dragon II: The Advance Megamix by WSE - Page 3 Empty Re: Double Dragon II: The Advance Megamix by WSE

Post  Don Vecta Sun May 11, 2014 6:38 pm

Garcia75 wrote:
DarkThief wrote:
Garcia75 wrote:I found the solution and fixed it in the Sormaker editor: you have to remove the "End scene" command and the stage clear screen will appear

That only works for stage 1 (route 3), the others don't have a stage clear (and if you put one in, you end the stage just by walking to the right).  However, those stages are working fine again...weird.  (didn't prevent me from having issues though...the secret cave is buggy as hell with Shiva, had to restart/restore many times just to get through it)

Try to remove the end scene square, check if the last goon is in boss mode, then do a test of the maps. I did it yesterday with stage 1 scene 8, stage 2 scenes 5 and 9, stage 4 scenes 3 and 13, and stage 5 scene 6; as a result, that weird bug stopped. Even if there is no stage clear square, the goon which is in boss mode could resolve the problem.

stage 1 scene 3, there was a "jump to stage" square that redirected to the beginning of stage 1

You don't understand, you do that, you mess up the order of the next stage. All these have alternate routes, they have a purpose to be there.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Garcia75 Sun May 11, 2014 7:01 pm

Indeed, i know. All those troubles of pause removing and wrong scene redirections were caused by the "End scene" command. Me too had those weird bugs after playing the mod, until yesterday
Garcia75
Garcia75
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun May 11, 2014 7:04 pm

Garcia75 wrote:Indeed, i know. All those troubles of pause removing and wrong scene redirections were caused by the "End scene" command. Me too had those weird bugs after playing the mod, until yesterday

And are they redirecting you to the scenes they should?

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Garcia75 Sun May 11, 2014 7:16 pm

Don Vecta wrote:
Garcia75 wrote:Indeed, i know. All those troubles of pause removing and wrong scene redirections were caused by the "End scene" command. Me too had those weird bugs after playing the mod, until yesterday

And are they redirecting you to the scenes they should?

Stages 1 and 2 for example, it redirected me to the first scenes with the pause menu disabled and no Go signs, making me replay again the same stage; stages 3 (Rudra battle) and 4 (Antonio on the conveyer belt), I got redirected to the title screen. Consequence, I had to go to the sormaker application to test the other stages. Now I managed to fix the source of the bug, then no problems anymore xD Very Happy

Last edited by Garcia75 on Tue May 13, 2014 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Garcia75
Garcia75
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Mon May 12, 2014 1:52 am

In either case (whether it bugs or not), it's curious to note that SORMaker's "enemies on screen" readout becomes -1 just before the fade.
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  6566328 Tue May 13, 2014 6:49 pm

Don Vecta wrote:
6566328 wrote:nice,I have already completed the video,lost 2,A bit difficult,
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzEwNDgzMjE2.html
Nice run. You sure are a great Elle player.

However, I didn't like the sound scheme and some of the songs. They feel out of place and don't sound good (I mean, WTF with that awful mix of SFZ2 Sakura theme as a boss fight or in the trap room? It was grating my ears, horrible!). Half of the mood of a Double Dragon tribute was the sound scheme, to be as close as possible to the games. Oh well.

Great run, nevertheless.
I know, maybe I will play again, without any changes, and sound

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Garcia75 Tue May 13, 2014 7:18 pm

DarkThief wrote:In either case (whether it bugs or not), it's curious to note that SORMaker's "enemies on screen" readout becomes -1 just before the fade.
You're right, the crap comes from there, through we also see this effect in the Final Rage Trilogy mod after the final bosses battle
Garcia75
Garcia75
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  6566328 Sat May 17, 2014 5:12 pm

hi,Don Vecta,this time no change anyting,with your music and palettes,The first route and no die
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzEzMzY2MDAw.html

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed May 21, 2014 4:05 pm

6566328 wrote:hi,Don Vecta,this time no change anyting,with your music and palettes,The first route and no die

Wonderful, simply wonderful. Well played, I love it!

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  6566328 Thu May 22, 2014 6:57 am

Don Vecta wrote:
6566328 wrote:hi,Don Vecta,this time no change anyting,with your music and palettes,The first route and no die

Wonderful, simply wonderful. Well played, I love it!
yeah,thanks

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Thu May 22, 2014 12:43 pm

Same here! Beautiful run!

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  6566328 Thu May 22, 2014 3:35 pm

BigDarsh wrote:Same here! Beautiful run!
nice,Thank you for all you do for V5

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  DEIA GAMES Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:53 pm

nice mod Don Vecta . is very nice if you play by SOR Characters in stage from Double Dragon , and will be best if created by Don Vecta  Razz cherry Thumbs up 
DEIA GAMES
DEIA GAMES
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  cabo-hicks Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:43 pm

thanks for the mod.

hehe... those shots with max remenbers me playing with abobo on mame32 using my cheats Smile

ps:
---
what the fuck happen on this forum? always that you put 4shared links they appear wrong at this way:
4shared/4shared. damn!... Razz

apart, that sometimes, fucking bots? change normal text into publicity links to ebay and shits that i dont obviously put...  Evil or Very Mad 

cabo-hicks
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  thenomad Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:41 pm

Yeah, Double Dragon 2...! My favorite game of this series, and being Don work, I can expect nothing less than an incredible mod! Downloading.
thenomad
thenomad
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Muscles Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:35 pm

Time to revive this: I can't choose the route from the hub, which is far right. I just end up in a wall. Also, the top of the truck section is to follow after Abore Beatdown from the classic series?

Muscles

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:38 pm

Muscles wrote:Time to revive this: I can't choose the route from the hub, which is far right. I just end up in a wall.

Welcome to the forums. Smile

The original hub (scene 1-1) only has the upwards route in the staircase (DD2 classic) and an upwards route towards the alleyway (SDD/DDA remix). Walking forward is denied, you gotta choose from any of those routes. Smile

Unlocking any route, will redirect to a new hub with 3 routes, the two mentioned above and a third one if you walk straight, which will lead to the NES/TG16 one. Smile

Muscles wrote:Also, the top of the truck section is to follow after Abore Beatdown from the classic series?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, the top of the truck is a homage of the SDD and the DDA truck level. The Abore showdown is at the higher level of the warehouse, where the conveyor belt is located. Smile

Have fun and enjoy the mod. Looking forward to your feedback. Smile

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Muscles Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:47 pm

Don Vecta wrote:
Muscles wrote:Time to revive this: I can't choose the route from the hub, which is far right. I just end up in a wall.

Welcome to the forums. Smile

Aye, thanks. About Abore and Lumber Mill. After I beat him down, My character goes through right wall and then truck level starts. I guess I'm being put on that route.

Muscles

Back to top Go down

Post  realnabarl Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:07 pm

5-2 has a game-breaker, I was gonna upload a video but cause of the internet content censoring I couldn't do that. But everytime playing it in SorMaker it could be reproduced (I'm with Mania difficulty) so you could have a try. The ninja is like behind the background etc... It might be the compatibility problem with v5.1, I don't know, this is just the first time I play it.

realnabarl
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:57 am

realnabarl wrote:5-2 has a game-breaker, I was gonna upload a video but cause of the internet content censoring I couldn't do that. But everytime playing it in SorMaker it could be reproduced (I'm with Mania difficulty) so you could have a try. The ninja is like behind the background etc... It might be the compatibility problem with v5.1, I don't know, this is just the first time I play it.

Please, describe me the game breaker exactly and what happens.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  realnabarl Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:13 am

Don Vecta wrote:
realnabarl wrote:5-2 has a game-breaker, I was gonna upload a video but cause of the internet content censoring I couldn't do that. But everytime playing it in SorMaker it could be reproduced (I'm with Mania difficulty) so you could have a try. The ninja is like behind the background etc... It might be the compatibility problem with v5.1, I don't know, this is just the first time I play it.

Please, describe me the game breaker exactly and what happens.
The ninjas did not shown on the screen but can hear their sounds, sometimes only their shadows show. They are likely behind the background. This is true so you can just open SorMaker to confirm it.

realnabarl
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:31 am

Okay, I'll test myself

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:05 pm

Hey Donnie great mod no in fact awesome mod, one slight hitch though. I encountered a small problem when you select the starting stage at the start of the game, you choose the path with the ladder and then when you get to level 2 scene 2 (factory i think) you have a choice of paths you want to go. Well it seems you can only go up and not take the path to the right it seems like it is blocked by the scenery. I tried jumping walking along the edge ended up losing two lives it might be an issue with 5.1 I am not sure you would know more than I would. Then again I could be just being stupid and missing something simple.
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:12 pm

bazzza wrote:Hey Donnie great mod no in fact awesome mod, one slight hitch though. I encountered a small problem when you select the starting stage at the start of the game, you choose the path with the ladder and then when you get to level 2 scene 2 (factory i think) you have a choice of paths you want to go. Well it seems you can only go up and not take the path to the right it seems like it is blocked by the scenery. I tried jumping walking along the edge ended up losing two lives it might be an issue with 5.1 I am not sure you would know more than I would. Then again I could be just being stupid and missing something simple.
There isn't a second path, SoRR has a habit of using both arrows even if the path to the right/left is blocked off.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next