SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Double Dragon Trilogy GameBoy Mod

+2
Charco
Cm_Blast
6 posters

Go down

Double Dragon Trilogy GameBoy Mod Empty Double Dragon Trilogy GameBoy Mod

Post  Cm_Blast Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:08 pm

Hello, I bring to all of you my newest mod; One based in the three games from Gameboy of Double Dragon.

Because the enemies are low in numbers and the mods itself are shorts you need to play the game with this rules (thus feel how is the original game)

Rules: (applicable to the 3 games)
- Disable Run
- Sor2 hit pause delay (or at least "remake").
- Disable special Sor3 gauge "OK".
- Weapon sor 3 gauge.

All the games are independent, when you beat one of them you will be sent to the intro, so you can't play the 3 of them keeping lifes or score. All have scenarios and cutscenes and of course music in loop. I added palettes for enemies and for some chars, including Axels, Blazes, Skates, Roo, Adam and Zan. (recomended play with the Sor 1 Chars: Axel, Blaze and Adam).
So, here are the games.

Double Dragon 1:
Difficult = hard
Length = over 20 minutes.

Features:
- Only 4 Stages
- Some weapons, but no food.
- Lots of pits to jump, and some traps.
- Some scenes don't have Z axis.

The game is hard because with so many jumps is easy die here or there; I tried to be generous with the jumps, so you char can have one leg over the pit before falling. All characters can pass trough the whole game, even Max (although is harder not fall with him).
Also some scenes are a little unfair (on purpose), in the original game is even more unfair.
There is no food, so you need to "Stage clear" for recover (or changing over the scenes), but no worries, the enemies are really low in numbers.

Double Dragon 2:
Difficult = Normal
Length = over 25 minutes

Features:
- 6 Stages.
- almost normal gameplay; just 2 pits (no jumps here).
- No weapons or food, although some enemies are going to use weapons.

This game is not based in a Double Dragon game but a Japanese one, so the enemies and bosses are not from DD (all were adapted). Because this I just use some Double Dragon names to put in those enemies.
You only recover health with a "Stage Clear"; but half of the bosses are not even a true bosses, and the true bosses are easy, so no problem to beat the game.
The hard part of this game can be fight against electras, because her long range and you can't run; but again, they numbers are really low.

Double Dragon 3:
Difficult = easy
Length = over 15 minutes.

Features:
- 5 Levels
- No stage clear.
- Shops when you can buy food or weapons.
- Lots of diferent enemies.

This game doesn't have stage clear, so you never are going to recover you health and barely win extra lifes by score (the bosses gives you some extra points); but you have some shops in the game when you can "buy" food to recover or a weapon to kill at least one or two enemies.
Some levels are really really low in numbers (6 enemies and one boss), so this game is short and quick.
Half of the bosses are not trully Sor bosses.

Here is the video to promote the mod: (the music in the intro is a little mix I did using both DD1 and DD2 intros)

<-- If you press F3 in Sorr the scenarios are going to look pixelated like the original game. I couldn't rec it because the game is slowed because my pc (I guess).

links:
Download here
https://mega.nz/file/nvgEQQRb#qBjjByb7MtAnzvzo_6rvCVBTTDnftw8Gwg87dUMZb3w

More mods here:
https://mega.nz/folder/OywVSSiR#tJrB6EEqjO1P7c891mblng

Last edited by Cm_Blast on Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:00 pm; edited 9 times in total

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Double Dragon Trilogy GameBoy Mod Empty Re: Double Dragon Trilogy GameBoy Mod

Post  Charco Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:22 pm

This looks like a very original idea for a mod, well done!

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:32 pm

Wow! I like Shop idea too  Very Happy 
JoyJoyfulRabbit
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:51 am

Great idea, very original, permitting people to replay SoRR with another style of gameplay than "Fast Paced" and I'm really glad that someone try to exploit this option that the game permit from day 1!

Thus, I'm very busy and I can't test or play it or review it! That's sucks. I just post this message to thank you for working hard on those kind of project!

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:56 pm

Charco wrote:This looks like a very original idea for a mod, well done!

Thanks. I played both DD 1 and 2, so I thought maybe this idea can work. At least the scenes looks great withouth deformed scenarios.

JoyJoyfulRabbit wrote:Wow! I like Shop idea too  Very Happy 

The shop was the main reason why I included the 3rd game, but I feel it's a bit wasted, due to the short duration of the levels; for example, you can't place a sword because in a level with only 7 enemies and a boss is too broken.

BigDarsh wrote:Great idea, very original, permitting people to replay SoRR with another style of gameplay than "Fast Paced" and I'm really glad that someone try to exploit this option that the game permit from day 1!

Thus, I'm very busy and I can't test or play it or review it! That's sucks. I just post this message to thank you for working hard on those kind of project!

Thanks. I started doing this as a experiment, starting with the DD 2 (because is more easy; no pits or traps). fortunately the Heigh of the screen is 120, so increasing to 240 the image looks like the original game, just bigger (and diagonals lines remain diagonals).

This mod can be really good or really bad. At least is something different I want to try.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  thenomad Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:07 pm

I'm having problems with the two links available, can you upload again on 4shared or another site please? Loved the idea, I really enjoy these Game Boy DD games!
thenomad
thenomad
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:10 pm

thenomad wrote:I'm having problems with the two links available, can you upload again on 4shared or another site please? Loved the idea, I really enjoy these Game Boy DD games!

4share send me a warning (strike) because "the simpsons mod" (copyright stuff, I guess was the word "Simpsons"), so I deleted almost all the mods with copyright: Punisher, Captain Commando, The Knights or round, double dragon).

I'm uploading the mod againg to 4share but removing the complete name, so I will not receive any notice.

4share link available.

Last edited by Cm_Blast on Thu May 08, 2014 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Thu May 08, 2014 2:43 pm

I found some issues with pits in the DD1 part. In some scenes if you knock up the enemy at the very edge of the screen he fly over the pit and lands in another platform, so he can't reach you and you can't reach him.

To avoid this I moved a little when the screen stops in one scene; so even with a Tomoe Nage from Blaze1 at the edge the enemy always die in the pit.
In other parts I just splitted the scene in 2 parts, the new scene doesn't have colision map with black zones, so I hope nobody gets stuck now.

In the other hand, I balanced a little the weapons in the DD3 part.

Because the splitting scenes in the first game I moved some letters (For example: stage3g to stagei); I think all is ok, but if someone encounter how some stage/scene send you to a wrong place report me.

First link updated (4share available, called "Sorr - DDT").

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  thenomad Mon May 18, 2015 8:11 am

After some time, I tried to give a go to this lovely mod, but noticed that, the palette included, doesn't contain the black and withe palette for enemies, but instead, the original one. Maybe the creator forgot to swap back between the palettes before uploading? Someone has the black and white palette to upload, please? Using colorful enemies on this MOD kinda of kill the idea.
thenomad
thenomad
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Mon May 18, 2015 8:00 pm

thenomad wrote:After some time, I tried to give a go to this lovely mod, but noticed that, the palette included, doesn't contain the black and withe palette for enemies, but instead, the original one. Maybe the creator forgot to swap back between the palettes before uploading? Someone has the black and white palette to upload, please? Using colorful enemies on this MOD kinda of kill the idea.

Sorry about that. My bad.

Here are the good palettes, will reupload the whole mod to 4share with the good palettes.

http://expirebox.com/download/a5c879f8e37449a48cff0bf90683eff8.html

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  thenomad Sat May 23, 2015 8:50 pm

Thanks cm_blast, I was playing those gameboy double dragon games on my tablet, and I felt in the mood to play your mod, with the correct palettes, it's very sweet!
thenomad
thenomad
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Fri May 11, 2018 10:09 am

Hi Cm!
I spend this moment you correct some little things in your mods with Persephone to talk about DD/Gameboy mod. I played it again these last days, and many enemies have no names or just SoR names (example: the firsts Cody in DD2, the firsts Soozie in DD3), and all the enemies are coloured, none of them are B&W. I just downloaded mod and palettes once again from your OneDrive, but still the same. Is it normal?
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Fri May 11, 2018 1:07 pm

vince wrote:Hi Cm!
I spend this moment you correct some little things in your mods with Persephone to talk about DD/Gameboy mod. I played it again these last days, and many enemies have no names or just SoR names (example: the firsts Cody in DD2, the firsts Soozie in DD3), and all the enemies are coloured, none of them are B&W. I just downloaded mod and palettes once again from your OneDrive, but still the same. Is it normal?

Onedrive version indeed have wrong palettes. I don't ever know what palettes I included, maybe by a mistake I place the originals. At least the 4share version it's fine. Pick that other version for now.

Also there is a map (stage3 scene 4) where it's suppose to be a big pit that for some reason doesn't work (the previous scene works fine); I need to check this and make the map to work again.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Sat May 12, 2018 10:14 am

Thank you! I downloaded on 4share and it's ok.
About OneDrive, I still thought all your mods were ok on it, especially when you did a big update (Big General Update for a dozen of my mods).
Just to know, can't you update them all on OneDrive?
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Sat May 12, 2018 12:44 pm

vince wrote:Thank you! I downloaded on 4share and it's ok.
About OneDrive, I still thought all your mods were ok on it, especially when you did a big update (Big General Update for a dozen of my mods).
Just to know, can't you update them all on OneDrive?

the 4share it's sure that all are ok (well, not all; There is one with a missing palette), since I wrote "5.1" to all the mods that had were part of any of those "big general update".

Depending of the mod, will take 10-30 min to upload. I am doing all those small changes, but soon I am going to do a full run on all my mods just to be sure that everything it's ok. Once I finish; I'll upload all the mods on both places at once.

For example right now I fixed the nonexisted Double dragon pit. I don't know if the onedrive had the pit but no palettes and 4share have the palettes but no the pit; anycase; this time If I find another wrong name I'll pause the game and do the fix asap.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Sat May 12, 2018 5:47 pm

Ok, I understand. You realized so many mods, each little update needs you a lot of time...
Thank you!
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down