SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Double Dragon II: The Advance Megamix by WSE

+23
88fighter
bareknuckleroo
zakforradio
HeroBorn
Mr.Din
bazzza
realnabarl
Muscles
thenomad
cabo-hicks
DEIA GAMES
Garcia75
DarkThief
G. Jonah Jameson
Laucorn
Shiva
BigDarsh
Tarma
Charco
Don Vecta
27 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Double Dragon II: The Advance Megamix by WSE Empty Double Dragon II: The Advance Megamix by WSE

Post  Don Vecta Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:31 pm

So here it is, my secret project, a remake of Double Dragon II.

Double Dragon II: The Advance Megamix by WSE Promo00_zps63adfe67
Double Dragon II: The Advance Megamix by WSE Promo01_zps229d4b3fDouble Dragon II: The Advance Megamix by WSE Promo02_zps0787f61b
Double Dragon II: The Advance Megamix by WSE Promo03_zps5cd4d619
Double Dragon II: The Advance Megamix by WSE Promo04_zps385d8aeb

This is how a remake of Double Dragon II Arcade would come up with a couple of enhanced graphics and using the arranged music album as well.
It also includes a special remix path that mixes up elements from Double Dragon Advance and Super Double Dragon.
Enemy placement is exactly verbatim as appears in Double Dragon II arcade in Hard mode, with extra enemies in Very Hard and Mania. The Megamix path also have exact positioning mixed of DDA and SDD.

The cast of characters includes almost every baddy from the 2D Double Dragon series, all with exact palettes of each and every enemy appearing in the games. It's highly recommendable to play it with the custom sound pack and the palettes, otherwise you'll miss half the fun of this mod as it's a big tribute to the series.

Scenes ripped and edited by yours truly. Using some rips from Mr. Q's mods of Double Dragon.

Includes custom palettes and sounds. For the custom sound files, place the folder "Sound Effects data" in the main folder of SORR, then rename it into "data".

The custom palettes can be places in the enemies palettes, substituting the existing ones (back up your own palettes).

Special thanks to Laucorn and Xenovant for their help.

Oh... also...
Spoiler:

Withering Surface Entertainment, 2014.

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/badipm018wcpve2/-%20Double%20Dragon%20II%20Advanced%20Megamix.rar
https://anonfiles.com/file/5440a3ab4552222ffd89226a3fce7dca
http://www.4shared.com/rar/nyQ-zhm2ce/-_Double_Dragon_II_Advanced_Me.html

Last edited by Don Vecta on Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Mehdi98 and MARTIN98 like this post

Back to top Go down

Double Dragon II: The Advance Megamix by WSE Empty Re: Double Dragon II: The Advance Megamix by WSE

Post  Charco Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:03 pm

AHA! Very cool! Looking forward to trying this out!

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Double Dragon II: The Advance Megamix by WSE Empty Re: Double Dragon II: The Advance Megamix by WSE

Post  Tarma Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:26 pm

Oh, yes, a new mod! Smile

I am downloading it, thank you, Don Vecta!
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

http://neogeospirit.pagesperso-orange.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:34 pm

Amazing! Downloading Right Now! :p
Does your Max "Zangief" Hatchett is avaible in the pack?  Embarassed

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiva Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:43 am

Wow, new mod! Downloading it.

Edit: Very cool and nice mod, Don! Good work!

Signal

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089480096

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:07 pm

BigDarsh wrote:Amazing! Downloading Right Now! :p
Does your Max "Zangief" Hatchett is avaible in the pack?  Embarassed

Actually, nope... but I can upload them for you. I have World Warrior, Champion Edition and Hyper Fighting colors. Smile

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:31 pm

Ok time as come for me to give feedback for people who work here (Tarma this is your turn soon  Wink ).
I've did 3 runs, and here is my review.

Sound Effect:
Spoiler:

Palette:
Spoiler:

Music:
Spoiler:

Layers:
Spoiler:

Enemy Roster Selection:
Spoiler:

Boss Roster Selection:
Spoiler:

Enemy Placement and battle design
Spoiler:

Lenght:
Spoiler:

Glitch:
Spoiler:

Conclusion:
Spoiler:

PS: I would be glad if you can upload your Max's Palette, yep. Thank you  cyclops

Last edited by BigDarsh on Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:40 pm

^ WOOO! This was a great review! Thank you very much!

Yeah, Hard's enemy placement is verbatim to the originals.
Spoiler:

Tell me about this glitch in the final route you mentioned... exactly how it is so I can fix it up. Is it a game breaker?

Anyways, this feedback is highly appreciated. I'm so glad you enjoyed this megamix.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:59 pm

Oh my, forgot to descript the glitch, no game breaker:
Spoiler:

PS:

Spoiler:

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:12 pm

BigDarsh wrote:Oh my, forgot to descript the glitch, no game breaker:
Spoiler:

PS:

Spoiler:

It IS a game breaker and I'm a fucking moron! Okay, everyone, please. In case you...
Spoiler:
Anyways, I'll patch it up in the next revision. Let's wait for more feedback.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:36 pm

I only played Double Dragon II Arcade once before, but I decided to go ahead and give this one a shot as well.

I only played the arcade route so far and haven't been able to play the other route yet. It feels really faithful to the original arcade version. Although it does cut some parts out in areas (platforming sections), it still does make up for it regardless. My favorite thing about this route is stage 3 by far. It felt completely redone and there was a lot of effort and love put into this stage and it was fun to go through.

One big complaint though, while it is faithful to the arcade version, I feel that its TOO faithful in some areas. Mainly what I have a problem with is a few scaling issues (mainly the first stage) where everyone is a foot taller than a helicopter. Shocked It took me out of the atmosphere of the game a little bit as I thought I was a walking giant at first.  Laughing 

Now I was able to see the bonus this game has to offer so I will go ahead and review that too:
Spoiler:

Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:09 am

Okay, I've did two more runs (Axel1 & Shiva2) after fixing the glitch and wow, I understand while you said it was a "gamebreaker", I was not aware there were so much I miss! Heavy Spoiler Ahead!

Spoiler:

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:24 am

Great comments and feedback, guys. I'm glad you've found out what was the 3rd route about.
Spoiler:

I'll do a full list of cast of characters and why did I choose those enemies to fit in the whole universe of Double Dragon. I'm glad everyone is enjoying the game as it is.

And yeah, my apologies on the first helicopter. Couldn't find a proper resized heli that match the perspective and resizing would cause a horrible sprite spread... guess next revision I'll do a full sprite work to it... but might take some time and work to do.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Karma Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:45 pm

Holy crap, this one is hard Smile DD2 was also my first beat 'em up, and the hidden route brings back memories from when I was little.
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Karma Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:24 am

Finally managed to make a full run from arcade all the way through the spoiler on mania. I had 2 lives left at the end. Well done Smile
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:12 am

Glad you enjoyed it.

Yes, the mod is hard, but I placed food items/enemy drops and lots of pits so people can play strategically and get rid of the crowds easily, minding to either throw baddies and sacrifice the food drop or getting rid of them quickly and move on forward.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Karma Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:52 am

I'd love to know where you found the music, or did you make it yourself?
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Karma Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:15 am

Has anyone else found the hidden tribute to the NES DD1?
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:13 pm

Karma wrote:I'd love to know where you found the music, or did you make it yourself?

lol, I'm not that good in creating music! Nah, this is from the Double Dragon II Arranged soundtrack. You could find it on shadowhaxor.net or Galbadia Hotel.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:44 pm

Did you use any music from the Neo Geo Double Dragon game? Some tracks on that are kinda cool.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:19 pm

Charco wrote:Did you use any music from the Neo Geo Double Dragon game? Some tracks on that are kinda cool.

Nope, only the AST and a couple of tracks from the OST and Double Dragon 1 AST too.

Spoiler:

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:25 am

That was epic. Finally manage to beat it in Very Hard with Blaze 2 while finding the hidden route (lovely work here). I really like your difficulty scaling for this mod. Very challenging but nothing really broken and all the piting game is really well designed. Last Bosses fight are too hard for me, but I think this mod target high level players so it fits.

PS: Thank you for Max Capcom Palette DV!

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Laucorn Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:59 am

Congrats on the mod being completed. From what I've played it's excellent. I'll have to give this one a go in its entirety soon enough.

AKA Mister X Neo
Laucorn
Laucorn
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Karma Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:59 am

Sigh... I feel accomplished. Just got done going through all three paths in a row, on Mania, with the extra boss cheat active. I literally had one hit left on the last life of my last continue when I beat the last boss.

I need a cigarette.
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:34 pm

Karma wrote:Sigh... I feel accomplished.  Just got done going through all three paths in a row, on Mania, with the extra boss cheat active.  I literally had one hit left on the last life of my last continue when I beat the last boss.

I need a cigarette.

Congratulations, bro. Well done. Yes, I know, it's not an easy mod, especially in Mania, but I think it's not broken at least. Smile

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next