SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Double Dragon II: The Advance Megamix by WSE

+23
88fighter
bareknuckleroo
zakforradio
HeroBorn
Mr.Din
bazzza
realnabarl
Muscles
thenomad
cabo-hicks
DEIA GAMES
Garcia75
DarkThief
G. Jonah Jameson
Laucorn
Shiva
BigDarsh
Tarma
Charco
Don Vecta
27 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Double Dragon II: The Advance Megamix by WSE - Page 2 Empty Re: Double Dragon II: The Advance Megamix by WSE

Post  Tarma Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:03 pm

I played your mod. As usual, awesome work. Smile I love the music, with old/high quality.

I noticed something that should be fixed. I died on a conveyor belt in stage 2, scene 3. When my character returned (I use the classc way, with character falling from the upper limit), he felt on the conveyor belt and died. And again, and again...
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

http://neogeospirit.pagesperso-orange.fr/

Back to top Go down

Double Dragon II: The Advance Megamix by WSE - Page 2 Empty Re: Double Dragon II: The Advance Megamix by WSE

Post  Don Vecta Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:26 am

Tarma wrote:I played your mod. As usual, awesome work. Smile I love the music, with old/high quality.

I noticed something that should be fixed. I died on a conveyor belt in stage 2, scene 3. When my character returned (I use the classc way, with character falling from the upper limit), he felt on the conveyor belt and died. And again, and again...

Unfortunately, that's a SORmaker engine mistake as it drops the character right in empty space. That's random and unfortunately I can't do anythign about it. Basically avoid being thrown off the conveyor, lol. Sorry about that. Crying or Very sad 

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:55 pm

Ok, I will take care of it. Smile
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

http://neogeospirit.pagesperso-orange.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:28 pm

BTW, do you guys think the mod is way too hard in Mania? If so, maybe I can tweak it. I did a run myself with Rudra now and my performance was awful, lol. But maybe it's my new laptop and set up that it's not the same as my desktop... or I plainly suck, lol.

Regardless, if it's not me, lemme know and maybe I can tweak it a bit in the next build.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:34 pm

If there is something to tweaks for very hard (I don't know mania :p ) it only concern final boss battles ,
Spoiler:
the rest of the mod is very challenging, but not as "insane" as those fight.
Not many fix to do imho.

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  G. Jonah Jameson Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:45 pm

I must be overlooking a technique I should be using, because I've gotten stuck and had to quit twice in the Five Emperors level, in the area with the spike pit. I beat all the Mona/Lisas and Big Bens, and it gives me the arrow to move forward, but I can't because there's a wall in the way. Clearly, the screen is supposed to scroll down or diagonally, but it never does.

I'm really enjoying this mod and would like to play beyond the fourth level, so any advice will be appreciated.

G. Jonah Jameson
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:23 am

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  G. Jonah Jameson Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:33 pm

I've played through a few more times and have gotten the screen to actually move like it's supposed to here, but less than half the time. More often, it just refuses to ever scroll down, and I can't proceed. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it; sometimes it'll decide to scroll, sometimes not.

Does anyone else ever have this problem, or does my version of SORR just not like to scroll the way it's supposed to? I've never had the problem with any other stage before, original or mod.

G. Jonah Jameson
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:23 pm

Don Vecta wrote:BTW, do you guys think the mod is way too hard in Mania? If so, maybe I can tweak it. I did a run myself with Rudra now and my performance was awful, lol. But maybe it's my new laptop and set up that it's not the same as my desktop... or I plainly suck, lol.

Regardless, if it's not me, lemme know and maybe I can tweak it a bit in the next build.

It's certainly one of the tougher ones out there, and it does get a bit insane at times (usually quite suddenly), but overall I found it manageable without being too OTT. (based on a complete run of all routes back-to-back with Skate 2). Best to stick with top toons though.
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:37 am

G. Jonah Jameson wrote:I've played through a few more times and have gotten the screen to actually move like it's supposed to here, but less than half the time. More often, it just refuses to ever scroll down, and I can't proceed. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it; sometimes it'll decide to scroll, sometimes not.

Does anyone else ever have this problem, or does my version of SORR just not like to scroll the way it's supposed to? I've never had the problem with any other stage before, original or mod.

Usually I do many test runs myself and rarely (if ever) I've found problems scrolling. Whenever you reach a diagonal stage, walk forward then do a barrel roll down. this might allow the down scroll work.

DarkThief wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:BTW, do you guys think the mod is way too hard in Mania? If so, maybe I can tweak it. I did a run myself with Rudra now and my performance was awful, lol. But maybe it's my new laptop and set up that it's not the same as my desktop... or I plainly suck, lol.

It's certainly one of the tougher ones out there, and it does get a bit insane at times (usually quite suddenly), but overall I found it manageable without being too OTT. (based on a complete run of all routes back-to-back with Skate 2).  Best to stick with top toons though.

Yeah, I designed it to be really tough for Mania players, but without being stupid. I set up ways to walk carefully and plan how to deal with big swarms either by walking slow or to throw punks to pits. Some boss fights will go bananas, though... like the Hong Twins at Chinatown... the mooks give a shit of problems. Very Happy 

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  G. Jonah Jameson Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:34 pm

Doing a downward roll as soon as the first wave of enemies ends seems to solve the scrolling problem. Thanks.

Would I be correct to assume I shouldn't toss Antonio to his death in level 4 of the bonus game? I killed him by chucking him off the conveyor belt and the game dumped me back to the title screen, so I'm guessing I need to beat him without ever knocking him off a ledge.

G. Jonah Jameson
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:32 pm

G. Jonah Jameson wrote:Doing a downward roll as soon as the first wave of enemies ends seems to solve the scrolling problem. Thanks.

Would I be correct to assume I shouldn't toss Antonio to his death in level 4 of the bonus game? I killed him by chucking him off the conveyor belt and the game dumped me back to the title screen, so I'm guessing I need to beat him without ever knocking him off a ledge.

Try to advance the scroll the best you can so you can continue. Smile

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  G. Jonah Jameson Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:33 am

Don Vecta wrote:
Try to advance the scroll the best you can so you can continue. Smile

Will that advance the game if Antonio falls to his death, or is it another tip for my aforementioned scrolling problem? The suggested solution for the latter seems to have worked, for which I'm most thankful.

The former continues to prevent me from advancing. I've been using Shiva, who has a tendency to toss enemies every which way, and that's a problem when throwing enemies into pits is forbidden. I figured I'd try Max, whose forte is keeping enemies in one place; it worked for keeping Bear from going off the ledge in arcade stage 2 and kicking me to advance stage 2. But I never got a chance to try, because a split second after Antonio showed up, he walked off the conveyor belt to his death, and I was back to the start screen again.

G. Jonah Jameson
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  6566328 Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:16 pm

very nice ,Very beautiful,Very creative

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:25 pm

For some weird reason this mod is fundamentally broken for me now - on every route beyond the first, it's just jumping to the next scene, not the next stage...in addition, the ability to pause the game is removed after this happens.  It's clearly not recognising w/e hack is used to have a blank "stage clear" screen and simply carrying out the "end scene" command instead.  (reinstalled the mod and tried an old backup of savegame.sor but to no avail)
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:16 am

DarkThief wrote:For some weird reason this mod is fundamentally broken for me now - on every route beyond the first, it's just jumping to the next scene, not the next stage...in addition, the ability to pause the game is removed after this happens.  It's clearly not recognising w/e hack is used to have a blank "stage clear" screen and simply carrying out the "end scene" command instead.  (reinstalled the mod and tried an old backup of savegame.sor but to no avail)

Now that's weird. Everything worked well before, right? Nothing was tampered on your end?

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:57 am

Nope, even after I reinstalled anything that might've changed (mod, savegame etc.) it still did it...gonna try cleaning the registry and reinstalling the game itself.

edit: didn't work either. Can't remember what other mods used the same trick *shrug*
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  6566328 Sat May 10, 2014 1:50 pm

nice,double dragon I finished the third route,The trap is very difficult to deal with,I lost two lives,palettes
Very beautiful

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sat May 10, 2014 4:03 pm

6566328 wrote:nice,double dragon I finished the third route,The trap is very difficult to deal with,I lost two lives,palettes
Very beautiful

Xie xie. I knew you'd like it as I know you're a big fan of the Double Dragon series. Smile

Hope to see a video of the mod soon. Wink

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  6566328 Sat May 10, 2014 5:07 pm

Don Vecta wrote:
6566328 wrote:nice,double dragon I finished the third route,The trap is very difficult to deal with,I lost two lives,palettes
Very beautiful

Xie xie. I knew you'd like it as I know you're a big fan of the Double Dragon series. Smile

Hope to see a video of the mod soon. Wink
Warm blooded, challenges, never give up, is the double dragon character, that is my personality,

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Garcia75 Sat May 10, 2014 7:40 pm

Don Vecta wrote:
DarkThief wrote:For some weird reason this mod is fundamentally broken for me now - on every route beyond the first, it's just jumping to the next scene, not the next stage...in addition, the ability to pause the game is removed after this happens.  It's clearly not recognising w/e hack is used to have a blank "stage clear" screen and simply carrying out the "end scene" command instead.  (reinstalled the mod and tried an old backup of savegame.sor but to no avail)

Now that's weird. Everything worked well before, right? Nothing was tampered on your end?

I found the solution and fixed it in the Sormaker editor: you have to remove the "End scene" command and the stage clear screen will appear
Garcia75
Garcia75
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  6566328 Sun May 11, 2014 8:04 am

nice,I have already completed the video,lost 2,A bit difficult,
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzEwNDgzMjE2.html

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun May 11, 2014 1:10 pm

6566328 wrote:nice,I have already completed the video,lost 2,A bit difficult,
Nice run. You sure are a great Elle player.

However, I didn't like the sound scheme and some of the songs. They feel out of place and don't sound good (I mean, WTF with that awful mix of SFZ2 Sakura theme as a boss fight or in the trap room? It was grating my ears, horrible!). Half of the mood of a Double Dragon tribute was the sound scheme, to be as close as possible to the games. Oh well.

Great run, nevertheless.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  6566328 Sun May 11, 2014 3:05 pm

Don Vecta wrote:
6566328 wrote:nice,I have already completed the video,lost 2,A bit difficult,
Nice run. You sure are a great Elle player.

However, I didn't like the sound scheme and some of the songs. They feel out of place and don't sound good (I mean, WTF with that awful mix of SFZ2 Sakura theme as a boss fight or in the trap room? It was grating my ears, horrible!). Half of the mood of a Double Dragon tribute was the sound scheme, to be as close as possible to the games. Oh well.

Great run, nevertheless.
Double dragon music, some tired, I like the new music, though a bit incongruous,But this music is close to ELLE

Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Sun May 11, 2014 3:45 pm

Garcia75 wrote:I found the solution and fixed it in the Sormaker editor: you have to remove the "End scene" command and the stage clear screen will appear

That only works for stage 1 (route 3), the others don't have a stage clear (and if you put one in, you end the stage just by walking to the right). However, those stages are working fine again...weird. (didn't prevent me from having issues though...the secret cave is buggy as hell with Shiva, had to restart/restore many times just to get through it)
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next