SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City

+37
Tarma
Charco
mariocanales
Mr.Din
Security
Don Vecta
Puzirkov
Sshadow5001
Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010
Meesta_X
Jonny1989
dhoppler
Danshimaru
WillyTheSquid
graylandertagger
SORDave
celestinx
Ducobson
webdrow
Doctrine Dark
KFCutman
I.R.S.
TheWolfe
Garcia75
DarkThief
EddyCartoon
Reinhart
Saven
realnabarl
Shiva
cabo-hicks
BigDarsh
Shadow Fist King
JoyJoyfulRabbit
wawatu
41 posters

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City - Page 5 Empty Re: Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City

Post  Tarma Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:05 pm

Don Vecta wrote:Later on, I'll do a more detailed review and some technical advice if you plan to make another revision. So far, game looks awesome and just finished FF1 route.
Thank you, Don Vecta. If there is not too much work (unlike redrawing almost every stage Razz ), I wiil release a 2.1.1 version! Very Happy

Shiva wrote:New version? Downloading! Testing!

Thanx very much!
You are welcome. Smile Download, test, play, and tell me!
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

http://neogeospirit.pagesperso-orange.fr/

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City - Page 5 Empty Re: Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City

Post  Shiva Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:21 pm

Ya know, if I played mod and like it, I'm making a video of it! Very Happy

Video will soon.

Signal

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089480096

Back to top Go down

Post  EddyCartoon Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:56 am

I have to say this is by far the most complete mod I've played up to this point. I've played all 3 routes, for the Normal & Classic versions. The level of originality & creativity in this mod is off the charts. Keep up the good work Tarma. cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

EddyCartoon
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  wawatu Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:44 am

hi happy new year to all of you, sorry i cant download rescue metro city 2.1 with the last download link post here, someone can post another link like dropbox or 4shared please.

wawatu
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:52 pm

Only tried one road, and it is very enjoyable. Good work Tarma, as usual!

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:33 pm

wawatu wrote:hi happy new year to all of you, sorry i cant download rescue metro city 2.1 with the last download link post here, someone can post another link like dropbox or 4shared please.

This should work better than the either of the 2 filesites you mentioned

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwKJG1EKSBC2NXdpTFRIMWVlN2c/view?usp=sharing
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:21 am

Nice to see Abadede losing his two clones in the boxing ring - however it's still the toughest fight in the entire game by some distance...on stage 2 of 24. (maybe he should be alone now because of that)
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:13 pm

Okay, so I finally played the whole three routes, here's some feedback.

• Keep a theme of your thugs. Your enemies are just there, but they look randomized in palette/name. Try to pick a name and a color scheme and make that thug exclusive during that area or something. That doesn't make you feel like you just randomized your characters with names/palettes (I'm using my own Final fight CD palettes, but still looks too randomized)
  • Put your initial thugs waiting at the beginning of the scene. Yeah, cuz this is a recurrent (and rather annoying) thing, that your player character is still walking to the area and the thugs are already swarming around him (they won't attack, but they will as soon you get control, and still they might have the upper hand). Put them in standing, sitting, or any special waiting intro. Also, as tip, do NOT use Jack enemies at the beginning cuz they'll laugh (even if you set them waiting) and they'll charge to you (or throw you knives). This is a v5.1 bug.
  • It is possible to create non-scrolling rooms. Yeah, I mean, for areas that don't need to go further, like the Andore cage matches (I saw you added equivalent of them in the other routes, I loved them) or inside the convenience store. I wrote a tutorial here (probably overlooked), but works great in v5.1. Give it a try.
  • Many areas can use the breakable doors trick. I know you used it perfectly in FF1 stage 1, but you could try other areas as well... like the bar door from FF3. Now you see the original layer has a transparent door, either you can put an enemy behind or simply you can break it to get in (like in the original FF3). You could try this in the prison cell wall from stage 1-2 of FF3... or placing the green fences in stage 2-2 from FF2... or the breakable computers from the factory in FF3... the ideas are plenty to use this new feature!
  • Tweak some boss fights. Considering how the new grab properties of enemies have increased and also the values of others have made some bosses incredibly tougher (or weaker), I might suggest you to revisit your boss fights. Definitely the Sodom ring battle with Abadede and the kickboxers should be toned down (in 2p mode, you get two fucking Abadedes along with 3 kickboxers! Honestly that's final boss material there! I know, I've tried that!), same with the R. Bear fight at Bratken's (remove the 2p second Bear and the second Abadede and put another tough sub-boss enemy instead), while some areas are easier for their levels (Ash and some low level mooks at the FF3 Boat area, for example). Also, remember that after you put all the boss/sub-boss matches at the stages 8, place energies right after facing them (this goes also for the Barbons cage matches, after them, there's no health pick ups and Barbon is A LOT tougher now!).

I guess that's it, I loved the new stuff like the Barbons cage matches in all routes, the breakable glasses in the bonus stage, the new elevator at the final stage in FF3 (you could try also that in the elevator of FF1, though, just a thought). All and all, this is one of the coolest mods so far. Great job!

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Garcia75 Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:37 am

There are 2 folders in the rar. Is the RMC Classic folder the same or the old version?
Garcia75
Garcia75
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiva Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:05 pm

Garcia, one of them is original version of mod and second mod is Classic (contains some classical elements from Final Fight).

Signal

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089480096

Back to top Go down

Post  Garcia75 Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:37 pm

I found a nasty glitch at stage 3 scene 13: there is green collision map color all over the map, i can't go to the alternate route in the bar and i can't pick up the bottle near the bar door. Also, the Soozies pouring out the bar are stuck walking on invisible walls. At scene 14 too, when it begins the player sprite cannot walk further, but the Garcia-1 near the end of the screen can Shocked Shocked If i move the start point, he and the sitting Signals too are stuck while walking

Tarma, green color in collision maps means walls, could you put blue color there please? specially scene 14 because that crap blocks scrolling
Garcia75
Garcia75
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:11 pm

Garcia75 wrote:I found a nasty glitch at stage 3 scene 13: there is green collision map color all over the map, i can't go to the alternate route in the bar and i can't pick up the bottle near the bar door. Also, the Soozies pouring out the bar are stuck walking on invisible walls. At scene 14 too, when it begins the player sprite cannot walk further, but the Garcia-1 near the end of the screen can Shocked Shocked If i move the start point, he and the sitting Signals too are stuck while walking

Tarma, green color in collision maps means walls, could you put blue color there please? specially scene 14 because that crap blocks scrolling
I'm kinda puzzled, scene 3-13 is NOT supposed to have a collision map. Did you overwrite from older versions, by any chance? I suggest you remove any map from stage 3-13 and the stage should work normally.

EDIT: I'm checking old builds right now and it is VERY probably you just overwrote an old build with the new content. I highly suggest you to put the whole folders separatedly and rename the folders Rescue Metro City v2.1 and Rescue Metro City Classic v2.1. The layout is different from older versions and the stage 3-13 (stage3m in the in-game folders) in older layouts was the bar while the bar is stage 3-15 in the new layout. In v2.1 stage 3-13 is the street and it's not supposed to have any map.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Garcia75 Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:17 pm

Scene 14 is also glitchy, the player cannot scroll when it starts

yeah, i overwrote after downloading Very Happy the crap comes due to stage3m_map.fpg and stage3n_map.fpg present
Garcia75
Garcia75
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:41 pm

Garcia75 wrote:Scene 14 is also glitchy, the player cannot scroll when it starts

yeah, i overwrote after downloading Very Happy the crap comes due to stage3m_map.fpg and stage3n_map.fpg present

Yup, it's glitchy cuz it's not supposed to be overwritten. Once again, unrar everything in a whole fresh folder and you'll be fine.

EDIT: Move your save file into the new folder so you don't lose your progress and keep going from where you got stuck, so not everything is lost. Smile

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Garcia75 Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:03 pm

Don Vecta wrote:
 unrar everything in a whole fresh folder and you'll be fine.
I just removed the collision map files and that was sufficient to overcome the shit cheers
Garcia75
Garcia75
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:55 pm

Garcia75 wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:
 unrar everything in a whole fresh folder and you'll be fine.
I just removed the collision map files and that was sufficient to overcome the shit cheers
 I really suggest you to do what I recommended cuz this could clash in other areas and maps as well. The order of the stages got altered and you might face more conflicts. Anyways, as long is playable, do what you consider works.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:50 pm

Thank for your feedback Don Vecta. Smile

Okay, I will release a 2.1.1 version withs fixes. Razz

Anyways, I don't understand this very well:
Don Vecta wrote:[*]Keep a theme of your thugs. Your enemies are just there, but they look randomized in palette/name. Try to pick a name and a color scheme and make that thug exclusive during that area or something. That doesn't make you feel like you just randomized your characters with names/palettes (I'm using my own Final fight CD palettes, but still looks too randomized)
Embarassed
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

http://neogeospirit.pagesperso-orange.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:38 pm

I mean, don't just randomize palette/names on enemies. Create an enemy with a specific palette and name and use it through the game, that keeps more order so the enemies don't look randomly placed.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:13 pm

Don Vecta wrote:
bazzza wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:I think I could use a mirror. I'm on my 6th attempt and only get a broken rar file. Pretty please?

EDIT: FUCK FILEDROPPER (more like drop in their fucking ass!) I'm in my 14th attempt and this piece of shit keeps breaking! Yeah, I'm pretty fed of this shit, waste of time and bandwidth!

Try this Donnie.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwKJG1EKSBC2NXdpTFRIMWVlN2c/view?usp=sharing

You sir, is awesome! Thank you, thank you.

EDIT: Okay, I'm playing it, game has a gamebreaker. Some Signal-1 is stuck somewhere else at Industrial Area and not even an enemy drop will wake him up. Oddly enough, his shadow is walking up there.

Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City - Page 5 Gamebreakersnapshot_zpsd2d2678f
Just ran into this myself, there's definitely something triggering this. I played with cpu partner when it happened.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:28 am

A nice run with a bottom tier character: Skate-3. I have no idea who the player is, but I never saw a decent Skate-3 player until now. Mania run.

Interesting palette, I must say. I like it, very early 90's.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWolfe Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:37 pm

Don Vecta wrote:A nice run with a bottom tier character: Skate-3. I have no idea who the player is, but I never saw a decent Skate-3 player until now. Mania run.

Interesting palette, I must say. I like it, very early 90's.

I would not say Skate-3 is totally bad. He does have some nice traits - his forward and backward throws are really good (I'd probably say his throws are slightly stronger than Skate-2's), really good weapon game, a solid forward special, and tons of movement options. His gameplay (as well as Skate-2) are very different from the other characters, and for that matter every other beat-em-up character ever, which makes him hard to pick up. Personally, I find him very satisfying to play as. Unfortunately, compared to Skate-2, Skate-3 is a wuss.
TheWolfe
TheWolfe
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:55 am

TheWolfe wrote:I would not say Skate-3 is totally bad. He does have some nice traits - his forward and backward throws are really good (I'd probably say his throws are slightly stronger than Skate-2's), really good weapon game, a solid forward special, and tons of movement options. His gameplay (as well as Skate-2) are very different from the other characters, and for that matter every other beat-em-up character ever, which makes him hard to pick up. Personally, I find him very satisfying to play as. Unfortunately, compared to Skate-2, Skate-3 is a wuss.

Actually, I'm agreeing both DV and you, and (I might be wrong) but I think you are agree too, so let me try to "translate". As you said Skate-3 is totally overshadow by Skate-2, they have roughly the same gameplay (same gaming identity) and one deal just way more damage overall than the other. Skate 3 has very few stuff to make him shine and that (from a social point of view) makes him just plain bad, and that's why DV ranked him lower tiers (and I ranked him low tiers too). You have no real reason to play him instead of Skate 2 outside from audiovisual taste.

The thing is, as you said, Skate has a lot of gaming identity compare to many characters of many final fight model beat em up. Actually, Skate, Linn Kurosawa and most characters from Denjin Makai II are really appart from any other Final Fight model archetype characters. They break the scale in many gaming clusters. Exactly like Haggar did in 1989.

That's why Skate, (the character in itself, wether 2 or 3), is very appealing, he has his very own gameplay and this is why even though is not the best character in the game (even Skate 2 is not) there will be skate player. Because he has a sharpen/polish gaming identity and a cool audiovisual lore to support it.

Last edited by BigDarsh on Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWolfe Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:11 am

Excellent way of phrasing it BigDarsh. Smile

Both Skates suffer from weak neutral game and many of his better attacks leave him heavily exposed, but he knows how to kick ass with style.
TheWolfe
TheWolfe
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  I.R.S. Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:20 am

@Tarma:

There was a certain issue I found when playing this MOD on the FF1 route - I can't get to the boss of Stage 4 for some reason; my character presumes to move to the next screen, only to get stuck doing a special move over and over again and the scene never changes. What might be causing that, and can that be addressed?

I hope it can, because I'd like to play and properly beat this awesome MOD of yours, someday.

I.R.S.

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:19 am

I.R.S. wrote:@Tarma:

There was a certain issue I found when playing this MOD on the FF1 route - I can't get to the boss of Stage 4 for some reason; my character presumes to move to the next screen, only to get stuck doing a special move over and over again and the scene never changes. What might be causing that, and can that be addressed?

I hope it can, because I'd like to play and properly beat this awesome MOD of yours, someday.

That bug is from an old build of SORR, try playing with SORR v5.1 and you won't encounter this issue anymore... and you'll also find the most awesome features on mods as of yet.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next