SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City

+37
Tarma
Charco
mariocanales
Mr.Din
Security
Don Vecta
Puzirkov
Sshadow5001
Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010
Meesta_X
Jonny1989
dhoppler
Danshimaru
WillyTheSquid
graylandertagger
SORDave
celestinx
Ducobson
webdrow
Doctrine Dark
KFCutman
I.R.S.
TheWolfe
Garcia75
DarkThief
EddyCartoon
Reinhart
Saven
realnabarl
Shiva
cabo-hicks
BigDarsh
Shadow Fist King
JoyJoyfulRabbit
wawatu
41 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City - Page 9 Empty Re: Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City

Post  Jonny1989 Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:28 pm

Tarma wrote:
Jonny1989 wrote:Hey Tarma how's it going buddy? Do you still happen to have that 'Rescue Metro City' Mod? I saw all the positive feedback you got from it and I couldn't wait to try it out myself and give you my honest analysis of the Mod but every download link I tried in this forum didn't work and I was forced to blame everybody else but myself. My postman walked away feeling hurt and bewildered and that's when I realised that YOU.. only you have the power to stop this madness! So for the sake of thousands of innocent lives in the Swansea City area of the Country of Wales in the UK will you provide a working link? Thank you very much for taking the time to read this post and we have no doubt that you will make the right decision. Cool
I am still working hard on v3. Smile Stay tuned.

Nice one Tarma! There will be no deaths today Laughing

I'll keep an eye out for v3 and I'll give you some constructive feedback for this mod.

Jonny1989
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City - Page 9 Empty Re: Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City

Post  Jonny1989 Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:37 pm

Ok I've just finished your Mod via route 1 (the back alley route) and think its a work of art mate.. a real standard of excellence gameplay wise!

With the 'select same character' cheat on I played as Sor 3 Shiva and my cpu friend was Sor 2 Shiva and it kicked ass! This game was perfect for those two and was a lot of fun. I love the level designs and the choice of baddy sequences, I loved the 4 Abadade wrestlers - that really caught me off guard, I loved the animations you added of random people in the game walking around or nursing their wounds in the corner and those other characters who decide to help you out further into the game. I could really feel the creativity and it actually felt like I was in a story...

As for the actual >STORY< itself I found it very cringe-worthy! The clone Codys had me laughing my head off! and the random swearing in the script had me in fits of laughter as well. It was like playing a very cheap version of a Hollywood movie. The only advice I'd relay in this area is give it more depth, be a little more creative and make it psychological. The world is brainwashed by Hollywood movies but a Martin Scorsese film you're more likely to appreciate and watch again and again. Maybe sit down with a pen and pad and plan a story and script beforehand. I know that maybe a lot of effort for a Sor remake Mod but if you're the type of person who likes to improve himself and refine his craft then this would be a step in the right direction.

All in all I loved playing this Mod and I feel you have a creative gift. I'll definitely be looking out for your Mods in future. Thank you for letting me enjoy this modding experience and I wish you all the best with your work.

Jonny1989
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:34 pm

How did you managed to play my mod ? Shocked

Edit : okay, an old version. Razz

v3 will have the same story but everything else will be improved.
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

http://neogeospirit.pagesperso-orange.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post  Meesta_X Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:39 pm

Don Vecta wrote:Test run, part 1.

Made an account just to reply to this thread.

Looking pretty good. When can we expect v3? I'm anxiously waiting...

I did notice the Codys you fight seem to have their sprites slightly scaled down? They seem a bit too small? I would also make a personal suggestion, maybe to make the Cody clones slightly off-color to distinguish them from the real Cody. Another suggestion is to have some Hanzos (the buff ninjas with swords) come out during phase 3 of Yamato boss fight. Yamato seems to me a really easy boss, so just for balancing reasons I would add more enemies on screen for him. Also on the version I currently have, I get stuck right before the elevator on Industrial Area. I see shadows of enemies but they never come on the screen so you can't get past them. Hopefully this won't be an issue in v3!

Meesta_X

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:58 pm

I am working, I am working on v3 version. Smile

Yes, Cody's sprite is scaled down. Anyway, it size is not smaller than Axel's one.
Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City - Page 9 YsT85lJ

I began to create new colors for Cody's clones, but I put - almost - original ones. I prefer to show that the plot is Mr Big tried to make realistic clones.

For Yamato fight, I will see. Smile
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Meesta_X Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:44 am

Sounds good! Keep up the good work. It looks like you were planning to alter the Cody colors already even before my suggestion! I like the plot. Simple and very video gamey. Also kudos for putting in all dialogue during cutscenes and not during gameplay (big pet peeve for me on a lot of these mods).

Any guess to when v.3 will be released?  silent

Meesta_X

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Mon May 01, 2017 2:05 pm

Meesta_X wrote:Any guess to when v.3 will be released?  silent
I was waiting a feedback from WillyTheSquid and Mr.Din.

I think I will finalize the mod, Don Vecta's feedback was enough to have many things to fix. Smile
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon May 01, 2017 7:25 pm

Good, it was getting long overdue... Smile

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Tue May 02, 2017 11:20 pm

Tarma wrote:
Meesta_X wrote:Any guess to when v.3 will be released?  silent
I was waiting a feedback from WillyTheSquid and Mr.Din.

I think I will finalize the mod, Don Vecta's feedback was enough to have many things to fix. Smile
my apologies, I did stream the mod so there should be an archive on my twitch channel but I lost the mod when my pc kicked the bucket.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010 Wed May 03, 2017 2:38 pm

Mr.Din wrote:my apologies, I did stream the mod so there should be an archive on my twitch channel but I lost the mod when my pc kicked the bucket.
How unfortunate, Mr. Din. It was a shame that your PC stopped working, so the mod was gone forever. Nevertheless, I downloaded it several years ago.
Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010
Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sshadow5001 Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:04 am

So is this mod finished now? I'd love to do a playthrough on my channel Very Happy
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmNvw20OcpFvDYiaKt9w

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:32 pm

Not yet, but here's a run of Route of FF2, FF3 y Special. There's gonna be a few changes from this version, but it is looking a lot better. Razz

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:44 pm

Thank you for the videos. Smile

When you have the time, please don't forget to tell me what you think about the stars I gave in the hub screen.

Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City - Page 9 QMkpuf3
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:05 am

So here are my thoughts after throroughly plaything the routes:
Presentation: Custom Items, animated cutscenes and the levels themselves look great. Music is good for the most part but my suggestion would be to use something else for boss music, something that doesn't break the flow of the mod. There is some confusion with the story and custom palettes, if the syndicate took over and mad gear are often found in the background dead or beaten up, why are there goons with the palettes and names of the mad gear goons? it's not a big deal just a nitpick there
Gameplay: this is where the mod falls apart for me, the enemy placement needs a lot of work in all routes namely the boss fights. There's no rhyme or reason for a lot of the back up these bosses get and it causes a horrendously imbalanced experience. Midbosses are treated as common fodder which isn't necessary in v5 where various normal enemies have tough AI as is. Given that this isn't a tribute mode in it's entirety there's no need to try accurately portray the original games in difficulty, take some time to balance out the enemy placement.

My suggestion, instead of electra2 being used so much, use more Nora's, Garnets/soozies and even Thundras, take it easy on the Big Ben 2's and use Bongo3 instead. Smarter enemy combination is key here. There's too many ridiculous squads of high tier goons for the sake of.

Story: Not much to say here, it seems okay. Personally I would've preferred something new instead of another kidnapping story, a power struggle for control of Metro City (given the syndicate openly attacks Mad Gear and Skull Cross anyway) The cody clone plot feels rushed and sticks out like a sore thumb, If there were a reason to fight cody it could've simply been that he broke out of jail causing more chaos and the team mistook him for another goon.

Overall: It's a fun concept so far, I dig how well done the stages and custom items are, giving this mod some serious life. The music choice for most of the stages helps with this as well though some themes feel a little off and the Boss themes definitely need an overall. This can be a great mod if some more time and thought is put into the enemy placement, more engaging if the story goes further than the standard kidnapping plot. Hopefully this helps as far as feedback goes, I wanted to play it thoroughly before saying anything.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:52 pm

Thank you for your feedback, Mr.Din, but now this is the beta 2 version, you don't have it. I built it with Don Vecta's advices. The final version is finished, excepted for the hub screen.

Enemy placement and music (for route 4) are now very different from the version you played. The plot remains the kidnapping and taking control of Metro City for Routes 1, 2 and 3 and the toxic gas for Route 4. Honestly, your feedback is very late. This means I have to find a new plot (with a new opening, very easy to make), send you the beta 2 version, wait a new feedback, make improvements. I am very bored with this mod, I begin to hate it. Really.

Anyways, I will read carefully your feedback in case there are advices for beta 2, but I am not sure.
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:41 pm

In my opinion, the story is the least important thing in any mod. I think the latest version looks great and I am really looking forward to playing it Smile

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:43 pm

Nah, plot's good. Save a new plot for a new mod or part 2 with new areas, me thinks.

The star stats are okay, in my opinion, that's why I didn't bring anything to the attention.

If you don't plan to add anything else, I say go for the open release.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:55 am

Wow! Can't way to play this! Last time i was so excited for a mod, had been the big Sor 3 one from Cajnatalie!
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:09 pm

Time to play! Smile

Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City - Page 9 FtIwurr

Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City v3 is here: http://ovh.to/q6MjrkL

- new opening
- new cutscenes
- graphics and musics improvements
- new enemy placement (with custom Cody as a guest star)
- brand new Route 4
- custom items
- custom pickup items
- customs traps

Last edited by Tarma on Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:39 pm; edited 4 times in total
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sshadow5001 Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:47 am

Tarma wrote:Time to play! Smile

Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City v3 is here: http://ovh.to/gwkMHe

- new opening
- new cutscenes
- brand new Route 4
- custom items
- custom pickup items
- customs traps

Just finished playing through Route 1, everything looks and sounds great. you did an amazing job mate Very Happy
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

Back to top Go down

Post  Puzirkov Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:34 pm

Tarma wrote:Time to play! Smile

Streets of Rage: Rescue Metro City v3 is here: http://ovh.to/gwkMHe

- new opening
- new cutscenes
- brand new Route 4
- custom items
- custom pickup items
- customs traps

Unable to retrieve information from the publication. The publication does not exist or has expired.
This is one of the most favorite mods for me, but I can not download it. Can I ask for another link?
Puzirkov
Puzirkov
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sshadow5001 Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:45 pm

Puzirkov wrote:Unable to retrieve information from the publication. The publication does not exist or has expired.
This is one of the most favorite mods for me, but I can not download it. Can I ask for another link?

Here ya go, I put it up on Mediafire
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/?bqqd4mn7u7ry668

Last edited by Sshadow5001 on Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarma Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:44 pm

I uploaded it again, new link: http://ovh.to/fhNtav

Last edited by Tarma on Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tarma
Tarma
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Puzirkov Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:16 am

Sshadow5001 wrote:
Puzirkov wrote:Unable to retrieve information from the publication. The publication does not exist or has expired.

Here ya go, I put it up on Mediafire
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/?bqqd4mn7u7ry668

Tarma and Sshadow5001 Thanks very much I very-very happy now)))))))I download
Puzirkov
Puzirkov
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:43 am

Great mod! The items' design looks well! And the routes with map is a handy innovation... I was tired of following arrows mid-stage blindly and getting things randomly going!

I love it! Great job! Basketball
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next