SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SORmaker v5.3 wishlist - Things the mod developers we *ACTUALLY* need.

+17
Final Crash
Glisp
SteveSOR
Gaz9000
Zhinkairi
BlueFireZ88
E253MechaShadow
Charco
bareknuckleroo
SpideyKeiiti
Diavoletto
Mr.Din
Herb1e
Iceferno
E.Signal
SORDave
Don Vecta
21 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

SORmaker v5.3 wishlist - Things the mod developers we *ACTUALLY* need. - Page 4 Empty Re: SORmaker v5.3 wishlist - Things the mod developers we *ACTUALLY* need.

Post  weealls Mon May 16, 2022 3:18 am

bareknuckleroo wrote:Zan is actually quite effective in the Remake. His fighting style isn't meant to be high damage, but rather focused on extremely high priority/reach on attacks, and high speed on his pokes. His throws are quite decent for damage, and he's got among the best blitzes in the game with all four of his blitzes being useful (especially the 3 Star for beating out bosses with its ridiculous priority). His use of weapons is really good too.

In fairness, I will go back on this. I've played a little more of V5.2 now and Zan seems more balanced than before. I can work with this. Although, it does bother me that a man with a robotic structure can't lift the bigger enemies.

I can't remember why this was changed but I think it was because they found some unused graphics in SoR3 and decided to implement those. From a functional standpoint his flurry grab is the same as it was before and you should be using throws to finish your grab attacks anyways.

So if they found unused graphics of Mr. X doing the floss when he laughs, should this be implemented? It doesn't belong dude. The overhand slap looks awkward and there's probably a reason it wasn't implemented.
"I should be using throws anyway". What? Are you telling me how to play the game here? Wanna' know why I like finishing an enemy with a headbutt instead of a throw for the 11th time in a row? Because I suddenly may just feel the urge to lol. The game has a variation of attacks for a reason, man. To mix things up. To keep it interesting so that it doesn't look like every other button masher out there.

Other than literally being the worst blitzes in SoR3? Seriously, in SoR3 his double and triple dash force you to the bottom of the screen and have non-noteworthy damage. They're awful. SoRR gives him dashes you can control yourself to attack diagonally with much like SoR3 Skate's 2 and 3 star blitzes, and they're among the best blitzes in the entire game. His 3 star blitz in SoRR has ridiculous priority and the diagonal ability basically lets you mow down dangerous bosses as well as crowds of regular enemies.

So this is obviously something that comes down to preference here. I personally liked his original x2/x3 blitz because I knew when to use it. You could attack the top, the middle and bottom enemies of the screen when the opportunity presented itself. Again, useful for crowds. I can't seem to wrap my head around the new look. The x2 blitz is what actually bothers me. It looks like he's trying to grab someone's ass lol. His x3 blitz is really just his front special only with controllable movement. Whatever. An option to actually keep the original moves would be fair.

Last edited by weealls on Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
weealls
weealls
Galsia

Back to top Go down

SORmaker v5.3 wishlist - Things the mod developers we *ACTUALLY* need. - Page 4 Empty Re: SORmaker v5.3 wishlist - Things the mod developers we *ACTUALLY* need.

Post  weealls Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:22 pm

E.Signal wrote:
1.) Get rid of the evasive enemy AI behavior or at least let me turn it off in the AI editor. It's been one of my biggest turn offs about Remake. The enemies are already buffed up in 5.2, so why continue making them evasive on top of this?

Couldn't agree more with this. The Remake by far has the worst AI. Every enemy character is like fighting Mayweather. They back off until you turn your back only to donkey punch you. They avoid grenades like the plague which renders them useless. They avoid thrown enemies which takes the fun out of throwing people. They avoid everything except fire... they love fire.
weealls
weealls
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:31 am

Hopefully one day we get a v5.3

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:53 pm

Depends how many times people want to replay V5 from scratch. lol That's what really bothered me about 5.2. Yeah, it had updates, but not enough to justify starting over. If 5.3 can fix the problems 5.2 created, then fair enough, but I think I'm ready for a V6.

Hakuyo

https://iceferno.com

Back to top Go down

Post  E253MechaShadow Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:25 pm

Aside from fixing the AI, here are a few things that'd be great to implement for SORMaker mods:

- Make ALL playable characters (or at least their most popular variants) into bosses with a moveset like Break's so they could use dual moves on their own.
- Return Super Shiva from V4 as a secret boss (perhaps for Mania) or at least a SORMaker-exclusive boss, give his sprites a slight touch-up. He'd make for a great final boss in many mods!
- Allow mod makers to choose specific death sounds for specific enemies (I don't mean to let them add more additional sounds, but choose from the ones that are already in the game or replaced)
E253MechaShadow
E253MechaShadow
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  RicardoXI Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:35 am

Need a dlc (or other name) box in character selection for put the chars (like Abadade, Maz and other ones) without change the originals

RicardoXI

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:40 am

RicardoXI wrote:Need a dlc (or other name) box in character selection for put the chars (like Abadade, Maz and other ones) without change the originals
This would actually be good for a custom character space. Instead of modding over an existing character, you could load whatever you wanted into its own slot.

Hakuyo

https://iceferno.com

Don Vecta and BlueFireZ88 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  MentzWolf Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:35 am

Wait guys, aren't we missing something??

Wasn't v5.2 made my someone not at all related to the original developer?? How can we expect another update when the original dev has been MIA for a pretty long time??
MentzWolf
MentzWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4