SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SORmaker v5.3 wishlist - Things the mod developers we *ACTUALLY* need.

+28
Axle Stone 1991
Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010
Final Crash
SORDave
Don Vecta
Iceferno
Bridget GX
fuggles2k
DarkThief
Puzirkov
ricmagus
MentzWolf
RicardoXI
weealls
Maria Lourenço
Glisp
SteveSOR
Gaz9000
Zhinkairi
BlueFireZ88
E253MechaShadow
Charco
bareknuckleroo
SpideyKeiiti
Diavoletto
Mr.Din
Herb1e
E.Signal
32 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

SORmaker v5.3 wishlist - Things the mod developers we *ACTUALLY* need. - Page 2 Empty Re: SORmaker v5.3 wishlist - Things the mod developers we *ACTUALLY* need.

Post  SORDave Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:16 am

Too bad that won't happen

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

SORmaker v5.3 wishlist - Things the mod developers we *ACTUALLY* need. - Page 2 Empty Re: SORmaker v5.3 wishlist - Things the mod developers we *ACTUALLY* need.

Post  Don Vecta Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:41 am

bareknuckleroo wrote:

This. Give us 5.1 Elle back, address modders' concerns, and honestly 5.2a/5.3 would be a really nice update.

Only unofficial roundabout would be if someone try to patch her by tweaking her fpg control points using a data folder, but not sure if someone would do that (I know for sure NattyCat, who has been doing great balance tweak on characters from 5.1, won't do them as she clearly despises 5.2).

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:42 am

We all dislike 5.2,it's just a big mess & it makes clear the devs don't care.

Anyways I'll keep waiting for amazing mods for 5.1

SORDave
Hakuyo

Herb1e likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueFireZ88 Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:34 am

As much as I enjoy 5.2, to leave it in it's current state is a very bad idea since it basically cuts out most of the modding community. Forget even updating base features.

Seriously, I don't know whose currently in-charge of development, but if they're not willing to work with the modding community to improve the game, then maybe they should let the modders develop future versions.

This project (short of the modding community) has been dead for almost a decade now. Give it to someone whose willing to work with it.
BlueFireZ88
BlueFireZ88
Galsia

Don Vecta, Mr.Din, SORDave, E.Signal and Herb1e like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:45 pm

I agree with BlueFire,they should hand over the game to us,we can handle the rest.

SORDave
Hakuyo

Mr.Chewy-McFluffster2010 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:10 pm

Laughing

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BlueFireZ88 Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:11 pm

I don't think everything from 5.2 should be forsaken (New stages, Awesome new music, Widescreen, cleaner menu and shop, etc), but it seems like the biggest problems are under the hood for 5.2.

I'm also a part of the classic DOOM modding community, and every major source port goes out of their way to make sure mods work properly with the most recent versions and that older mods have coded parameters to allow them to work within them in case there is a problem.

This is why a 5.3 shouldn't be just a pipedream, it's practically necessary.  Expecting the community to rework ALL of their mods to work in 5.2 from 5.1 is unrealistic and splinters the community.  It should never have come to that.  I honestly don't understand what the 5.2 developer was thinking when they made the changes they did.  Did they expect everyone to conform just because it's a new version?

Seriously, just give the game to the modders and let them iron out the issues going forward.  Sega doesn't even seem to care that this game exists anymore as they've let fan game makers like this community basically develop Streets of Rage 4.  And they know we're going to buy it anyway (if we haven't already, which I did, along with the DLC).

Charco wrote:Laughing

I don't know why you find this amusing. I don't see you going out of your way to fix it.
BlueFireZ88
BlueFireZ88
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:14 pm

I find the sense of entitlement amusing. People demanding the source code and bitching non-stop about a fangame update that nobody ever asked for. It is quite funny.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:37 pm

Well... yeah we DIDN'T ask for it, everything we actually asked for didn't happen. lol!

That's actually the issue with this. If it weren't for the "bitching" v4 would have been the "final" version of the game, I seem to recall this same amount of "entitlement" being the reason we even got v5 to begin with. Remember when SoR1 content wasn't going to be in the game? When BKM assets came "too late"? I can go on for days why the feedback is important. I enjoy 5.2's main game content but it definitely has some problems even outside of the modding scene, to call it entitlement or bitching is disingenuous at best.

As far as the source code being open, why not? B went as far as to denoise the graphics to make custom work easier (well an attempt to) so he doesn't seem against the idea.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Don Vecta, SORDave, Herb1e and BlueFireZ88 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:41 pm

But v5.1 didn't go anywhere, people can still play that and make mods with it. I don't see the point in wishlists when you already have all that is required.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:43 pm

true, we could always play 5.1 but there's still potential left on the table with 5.2. The stuff put into this version does seem to be going in the right direction but the execution is off. It's similar to 5.0a to 5.1, it doesn't feel complete.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Laucorn, Don Vecta and SORDave like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  bareknuckleroo Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:57 pm

Charco wrote:People demanding the source code and bitching non-stop about a fangame update that nobody ever asked for. It is quite funny.

You seem to think a game being freeware makes it immune to criticism. Doubtful

But v5.1 didn't go anywhere, people can still play that and make mods with it. I don't see the point in wishlists when you already have all that is required.

Flippantly dismissing the concerns of some of the most prominent modders in the community and suggesting people have to maintain multiple different versions of the same game in order to maintain mod support doesn't seem like the best thing to do here to keep the community going strong.

Nora

https://www.youtube.com/bareknuckleroo

Don Vecta, Mr.Din, SORDave, Iceferno, Herb1e and BlueFireZ88 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:53 am

I think it's the fact that despite being an update, 5.2 did a bit too much experimenting that took it away from what was so great about 5.1. I like the 16:9 ratio (well almost 16:9, OBS users know Razz), the extra options, even the trophies are kinda fun, but the enemy AI and damage nerfs changed too much. Especially since unlockable characters are supposed to be kinda OP, they're a reward for sticking with the game.

Someone actually contacted me recently proposing their own V6, but I'm not sure how serious they were.

Big-Ben

https://iceferno.com

Don Vecta, SORDave and Herb1e like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:57 am

Iceferno wrote:I think it's the fact that despite being an update, 5.2 did a bit too much experimenting that took it away from what was so great about 5.1. I like the 16:9 ratio (well almost 16:9, OBS users know Razz), the extra options, even the trophies are kinda fun, but the enemy AI and damage nerfs changed too much. Especially since unlockable characters are supposed to be kinda OP, they're a reward for sticking with the game.

Someone actually contacted me recently proposing their own V6, but I'm not sure how serious they were.

Really? Hmmm,think you can look into it?

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Herb1e Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:04 am

Iceferno wrote:I think it's the fact that despite being an update, 5.2 did a bit too much experimenting that took it away from what was so great about 5.1. I like the 16:9 ratio (well almost 16:9, OBS users know Razz), the extra options, even the trophies are kinda fun, but the enemy AI and damage nerfs changed too much. Especially since unlockable characters are supposed to be kinda OP, they're a reward for sticking with the game.

Chances are nothing will come of that, but it would be interesting to see if someone else was able to make an update.

Donovan

https://sites.google.com/view/herbgamesonline/home

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:28 am

I agree with ya there Herb1e,heck we can DM in Discord or talk with this person?

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:49 am

I honestly can't remember where I got the message. Maybe their account's gone so the message went with it. lol It's pretty frustrating, but I was intrigued that someone came to me with the idea, most likely for me to contribute music. Any chance to make a colourful street theme, I'm on it. Thumbs up

Big-Ben

https://iceferno.com

SORDave likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:53 am

Sounds good to me Thumbs up

Can't wait to see what awesome tunes you cook up,Iceferno. Smile

SORDave
Hakuyo

Iceferno likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:58 am

Charco wrote:But v5.1 didn't go anywhere, people can still play that and make mods with it. I don't see the point in wishlists when you already have all that is required.

Who says we have all that is required in v5.1? There's a reason for the list we made. Certainly we've found lots of roundabouts during this years but a lot of stuff cannot be done and only way to be optimized is by the hand of the main developer. I mean, if v5.2 was done after all with very little to almost nothing to bring on the table in the mod department, I don't see why we can't actually express what we truly need in case B decides to go for another new surprise version.

Not caring about your dismissive attitude, at least here's the list of the things we think would be nice, now that's up to B to pay attention to them or not.

And that's NOT your call, that's B's.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Laucorn, SORDave, Iceferno, Final Crash and BlueFireZ88 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:42 am

Well at least good things are slowly starting to happen since Iceferno is doing kick butt music for someone. Smile

SORDave
Hakuyo

Iceferno likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  E.Signal Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:22 pm

BlueFireZ88 wrote:As much as I enjoy 5.2, to leave it in it's current state is a very bad idea since it basically cuts out most of the modding community.  Forget even updating base features.

Seriously, I don't know whose currently in-charge of development, but if they're not willing to work with the modding community to improve the game, then maybe they should let the modders develop future versions.

This project (short of the modding community) has been dead for almost a decade now.  Give it to someone whose willing to work with it.

Modders: No plans for a 5.3? Fine we'll do it ourselves.  Laughing

But seriously though, that would be cool. The modders here have the power to work with Remake and make a better update, the devs should just let them take things from here. I believe in them  Thumbs up
E.Signal
E.Signal
Donovan

Don Vecta, SORDave and BlueFireZ88 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:29 pm

I agree,they should hand it over to us,we can take over. Smile

SORDave
Hakuyo

E.Signal likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Zhinkairi Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:13 pm

Mr.Din wrote:v6 confirmed. 😏
Since when do we have or get v6 edition?
Zhinkairi
Zhinkairi
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:23 pm

Mr.Din was just joking XD

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zhinkairi Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:27 pm

SORDave wrote:Mr.Din was just joking XD
Makes sense. We're currently on standstill on updating for the greater goods. Plus, It's been a decade of this game. We have to keep supporting. We need wall jumps, juggle for combos, and new moves for each and everyone of the characters. With all due respect, and just like everyone else, I grew up loving the series. Is there any ways to tribute the 4th installment for remake or something?
Zhinkairi
Zhinkairi
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next