SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maz Version4

+10
Rain
Areton338
MARTIN98
Iceferno
Zhinkairi
Sshadow5001
SpideyKeiiti
Danshimaru
Don Vecta
zakforradio
14 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Maz Version4 Empty Maz Version4

Post  zakforradio Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:00 am

Zak, Puzir, Serrr, daniel2221 and SpideyKeiiti proudly presents! Character: Maz Version 4 (OLD)
Included in package:
bk3_axel.fpg
f_bk3_axel.fpg
maz_sounds(update).zip
sorr.fpg

Place all files in /data folder! and don't forget to backup.

Change log:
Control points for Maz holding sword changed and many others including edit to Maz landing.

Things to work on in the future:
-3 star blitz attack
-Maz running attack while holding weapon

Maz Version4 Maz_select

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zpc1b44cc7n94t0/Maz%20Version4%20Pack.zip (old)
http://www.geocities.ws/zakforradio/Maz%20Version4%20Pack.zip (mirror) (old)

Last edited by zakforradio on Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:07 pm; edited 4 times in total
zakforradio
zakforradio
Signal

Puzirkov likes this post

Back to top Go down

Maz Version4 Empty Character: Maz New Version

Post  zakforradio Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:37 am

Zak, Puzir, Serrr, daniel2221 and SpideyKeiiti teamwork! We proudly present! Character: New Version (OLD)

Included in package:
bk3_axel.fpg
bk3_axel.wav
f_bk3_axel.fpg
scroll4.fpg
sor1.fpg
sor3_axel1.wav
sor3_axel2.wav
sorr.fpg

Place all files in /data folder! and don't forget to backup.

Change log:
Palettes are now working!
and many, many other changes

http://www.mediafire.com/file/m7majz9de3mk18r/SoRR_Maz.rar (old) (for legacy purposes)
http://www.geocities.ws/zakforradio/SoRR_Maz.rar (mirror) (old) (for legacy purposes)

NEW        NEW
Maz FINAL VERSION
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mLSqB1hlh6T3wXPzqBRySjlMJT5O58nF/view?usp=sharing
Credits to: daniel2221 and SpideyKeiiti for wonderful sprite-work and control points

Last edited by zakforradio on Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
zakforradio
zakforradio
Signal

Puzirkov and Mehdi98 like this post

Back to top Go down

Maz Version4 Empty Re: Maz Version4

Post  Don Vecta Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:05 am

I was giving a go to Maz, and while is not a bad design for a character, there's a lot of stuff that needs improvement. I was testing her now and there's some awkward collision issues. The third attack on her regular combo has no reach and usually misses the target, I must be very close to the enemy to make that hit land.

Her 2-star special now it's useless. She lost all the collision points around herself to make it effective (she's completely vulnerable while doing so thus it's not an effective move like the second blitz of Axel-3, where you can make space among a group of mooks while hitting everyone around him).

Her offensive special looks nice and all while doing the flash kicks, but when doing the "uppercut" part she lacks hit frames there, leaving her vulnerable, just like her finisher on her Blitz-3, the lack of collision points makes her completely useless in her bliz play (I only can use her blitz-1 to be effective).

Her pipe/bat special is still Axel's, so needs some work there.

I wanted to try a new playable mod and thought Maz would be a good start, but certainly there's a lot of room for improvement. She needs more reach and ghost collision points in order to make up the lack of damage she has (mirroring Axel-3's baby punch effects), this considering the speed and damage cannot be modified at all. She can be a super cool character if she has some moves that promote reach and control, but with faulty hit collision, no reach, a lot of open frames of vulnerability, she can't contend to get a Mania run without losing a continue.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Puzirkov likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  zakforradio Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:14 pm

I've been out of the game for awhile. But thanks for checking it out! I feel like this character has already gotten to be the best that it can be. (It's been a few years in the making) The more people who join the team the better Maz character can be! So, if anyone would like to give it a try please join the team. Make changes to Maz, so that she will be even a more perfect version!
zakforradio
zakforradio
Signal

Puzirkov likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SpideyKeiiti Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:21 am

I tested this Maz's V5 and I see that there's a some things to do there, Don Vecta reported it already.

Since she was the most complete char mod in V4 and my favorite, your original creator Lu-Kwik disappeared (I can't find him), I'm interested in make some sprites for Bat and Sword blitz, star blitz and maybe change a little things.

Donovan

Puzirkov likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  daniel2221 Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:50 pm

zakforradio wrote:I've been out of the game for awhile. But thanks for checking it out! I feel like this character has already gotten to be the best that it can be. (It's been a few years in the making) The more people who join the team the better Maz character can be! So, if anyone would like to give it a try please join the team. Make changes to Maz, so that she will be even a more perfect version!

A month ago I made some modifications to the char. I created new sprites and changed the hitboxes.
I didn't post it because I thought it would cause a problem, due to the fact of editing a char by another author. If you want I will put a link here.
daniel2221
daniel2221
Donovan

https://www.youtube.com/@danchavyn?si=HXNCaAKfW3Tt4Azb

zakforradio and Puzirkov like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Puzirkov Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:31 am

daniel2221 wrote:
zakforradio wrote:I've been out of the game for awhile. But thanks for checking it out! I feel like this character has already gotten to be the best that it can be. (It's been a few years in the making) The more people who join the team the better Maz character can be! So, if anyone would like to give it a try please join the team. Make changes to Maz, so that she will be even a more perfect version!

A month ago I made some modifications to the char. I created new sprites and changed the hitboxes.
I didn't post it because I thought it would cause a problem, due to the fact of editing a char by another author. If you want I will put a link here.

interesting to see

Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  zakforradio Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:18 pm

SpideyKeiiti: Yea, i wish Lu-Kwik would show up again. or even DeathAdder for that matter, the community really misses them.

Daniel2221: You've got my attention! Yea please post it here, Maz is a character which I haven't gotten tired of. I just wanted to play her the other day. So if you post it, ill definitely be checking it out
zakforradio
zakforradio
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  daniel2221 Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:05 pm

Zakforradio, this is a link to my folder that contains some characters. You can find Maz here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1g7hv-NlSbdW26NRR-OvfZN0S6exLrreG

I edited sprites for the moves: "forward + special", "star moves" and the second combo attack.
daniel2221
daniel2221
Donovan

zakforradio likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  zakforradio Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:48 pm

daniel2221: This is like a dream come true, for a man of your talents to be working on this. I just played her now, It seems Maz is stronger now.

What about the other characters, did you edit those too? And what are those character patches? .7z ?

Maz was something that was done by Lu-Kwik, it was the name of his girlfriend. And it took a few of us, but mainly me, it took a few years so that we could convert it to v5.1. While discovering new methods along the way. It's been in the works for a few years, I can't keep track anymore. But you are the cherry on top buddy. Thanks for doing it. Indeed she is my favorite all time character
zakforradio
zakforradio
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  SpideyKeiiti Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:32 pm

zakforradio wrote:daniel2221: This is like a dream come true, for a man of your talents to be working on this. I just played her now, It seems Maz is stronger now.

What about the other characters, did you edit those too? And what are those character patches? .7z ?

Maz was something that was done by Lu-Kwik, it was the name of his girlfriend. And it took a few of us, but mainly me, it took a few years so that we could convert it to v5.1. While discovering new methods along the way. It's been in the works for a few years, I can't keep track anymore. But you are the cherry on top buddy. Thanks for doing it. Indeed she is my favorite all time character

I still didn't check the entire Maz, but her star moves and offensive special are better!
Maybe Don Vecta would like to see these improvements...

Zak, about DeathAdder, he's brazilian too and he shared us some of his and other players mods for V4 in the ancient Social Network "Orkut" back in the day and I've learned how to mod v4 with him.
I know his real name but I used to talk with him 10 years ago, he may changed a 'little bit' and his name is very common so I didn't find him in facebook Sad and if I find him maybe he'll block me XD

Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  daniel2221 Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:19 pm

Glad you liked the changes. I am happy to contribute to the SORR community and helping to revive the forum.
I always thought this character interesting.
I did not know the origin of Maz and did not imagine that it was based on a real person.
Zakforradio, the only character I modified was Maz, the other characters have no changes.

"Character patches" are normal characters with changes in color distribution, hitboxes and some sprites. I found them on the SOR Collection mods and on the forum.
daniel2221
daniel2221
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:55 am

Cool, an updated Maz. I'll give her a spin later on.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  zakforradio Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:26 am

SpideyKeiiti:
I have a lot of those character Mods from V4 here: https://mega.nz/file/N6pBTYiR#0FiZevF6SiGlfu7SAI91xeUD-5Ek8mjHXXjhJuRRuY4
Feel free to download.
Yea DeathAdder was a legend in the day, too bad I never got to meet him. If only he would come back and make more character Mods for v5.1. If only we could work as a team. I would have so many questions for Lu-Kwik and DeathAdder.
Unfortunately, my Modding days are over, when I had a newborn child I have less time for modding and more time for just playing SORR and recording videos. But who knows, maybe down the road, I will install Smart FPG editor again. You never know

daniel2221:
I would like to try those character patches.7z. That sounds fun. It's good you were able to learn about control points in such a short amount of time. Here is the complete data folder for v5.1. Just in case you don't have it already: https://mega.nz/file/Vm4zBYIT#7Nl9ZfdbOD2CY6CvZq1ra0YO6GfALRaZUiakG2Geb_Q

It looks like we have a common interest, i too like to play around characters and add something new to the game. Maybe I could show you some of my other projects that just needed a bit more fine-tuning and you could help me with that. The best really would be to convert this blaze:
https://prnt.sc/u622jw
Into v5.1 and also creating Mona Lisa for v5.1 should be relatively easy. Barbon as well and even Ninja Turtles
zakforradio
zakforradio
Signal

daniel2221 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SpideyKeiiti Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:43 pm

zakforradio wrote:SpideyKeiiti:
I have a lot of those character Mods from V4 here: https://mega.nz/file/N6pBTYiR#0FiZevF6SiGlfu7SAI91xeUD-5Ek8mjHXXjhJuRRuY4
Feel free to download.
Yea DeathAdder was a legend in the day, too bad I never got to meet him. If only he would come back and make more character Mods for v5.1. If only we could work as a team. I would have so many questions for Lu-Kwik and DeathAdder.
Unfortunately, my Modding days are over, when I had a newborn child I have less time for modding and more time for just playing SORR and recording videos. But who knows, maybe down the road, I will install Smart FPG editor again. You never know

daniel2221:
I would like to try those character patches.7z. That sounds fun. It's good you were able to learn about control points in such a short amount of time. Here is the complete data folder for v5.1. Just in case you don't have it already: https://mega.nz/file/Vm4zBYIT#7Nl9ZfdbOD2CY6CvZq1ra0YO6GfALRaZUiakG2Geb_Q

It looks like we have a common interest, i too like to play around characters and add something new to the game. Maybe I could show you some of my other projects that just needed a bit more fine-tuning and you could help me with that. The best really would be to convert this blaze:
Into v5.1 and also creating Mona Lisa for v5.1 should be relatively easy. Barbon as well and even Ninja Turtles

Thanks for the V4 files man! This brings me so much nostalgia... Specially the sonic and Venom mod!
It was 2010 when I was chatting with DeathAdder and uploading some crap videos of SORR, after 10 years I'm back again checking the SOR content cyclops

Maybe I can make some contributions this time.

Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  zakforradio Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:54 pm

Yea, it is good to look back at the old times, I agree with that. Even if I am pretty much a new to the game. I was hoping with the release of Sor4 that a lot of the old timers would return. We would need some really good sprite artists. If someone could edit all sprites for Blaze, it would be awesome!
zakforradio
zakforradio
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  daniel2221 Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:13 pm

Zakforradio, thanks for the fpg data. Months ago I was had plans to create characters and level mods, but I freeze this idea. Maybe in the future I will create something.
daniel2221
daniel2221
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Puzirkov Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:31 am

SpideyKeiiti wrote:I tested this Maz's V5 and I see that there's a some things to do there, Don Vecta reported it already.

Since she was the most complete char mod in V4 and my favorite, your original creator Lu-Kwik disappeared (I can't find him), I'm interested in make some sprites for Bat and Sword blitz, star blitz and maybe change a little things.

it would be great if you can blow her pipe. What do you need for this? Unpacked sprite and no noise? Smile

Hakuyo

SpideyKeiiti likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Puzirkov Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:34 am

zakforradio wrote:SpideyKeiiti:
Feel free to download.

daniel2221:

daniel2221 Thank you very much!

I saw everything that you changed in the character Maz. She has become much more beautiful. I'm just in awe of the checkpoints in signature hits. Especially when performing stellar attacks, Mas is perfect. I think that even the creators of the remake will agree with me! Wink

Hakuyo

daniel2221 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SpideyKeiiti Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:53 am

Puzirkov wrote:
SpideyKeiiti wrote:I tested this Maz's V5 and I see that there's a some things to do there, Don Vecta reported it already.

it would be great if you can blow her pipe. What do you need for this? Unpacked sprite and no noise? Smile

To the bat and sword I got the stuff from V4 mod, maybe I'll need some time... I'm still focused on that one Shocked

Looks like davpreec is already giving a shot in daniel's update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNEGcRDcov8&t=64s

Donovan

zakforradio and daniel2221 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  daniel2221 Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:31 am

Puzirkov, yes, a range update was necessary, as it uses the base of the bk3 axel, a character with short range, low damage and high delay. But improvements are still lacking in the rest of the moves, like a stand jump attack that hits in front and behind, the best sprite would be something like Adam's special.
daniel2221
daniel2221
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  daniel2221 Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:40 am

SpideyKeiiti, people are already having fun with the update Smile
daniel2221
daniel2221
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  SpideyKeiiti Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:27 pm

Puzirkov wrote:

I did it yesterday night. Idk if you guys resized the Maz Sprite sheet from V4 to V5, but in V4 she looks smaller. I'll check how to open her V5 FPG files later.

W.I.P.
Maz Version4 Sword_10

Donovan

Puzirkov and daniel2221 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  daniel2221 Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:06 pm

I liked your edited sprites. This pose from Blaze matched the blow.
daniel2221
daniel2221
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Danshimaru Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:58 pm

agradeço mesmo, este mode está ficando incrivel!!! thank you SpideyKeiiti
Danshimaru
Danshimaru
Galsia

Back to top Go down