SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine

Go down

Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine Empty Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine

Post  Final Crash on Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:32 pm

I have a question. Why isn't anyone porting the game to OpenBor? After all, this is a multi-platform and don't need to create hundreds of ports for different gaming systems Smile
Final Crash
Final Crash
Nora

Posts : 150
Join date : 2018-08-14

pepodmc- likes this post

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine

Post  E253MechaShadow on Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:22 am

No.
E253MechaShadow
E253MechaShadow
Galsia

Posts : 24
Join date : 2014-11-04
Location : Russia

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine

Post  Don Vecta on Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:57 am

I'm not really that good at that engine, maybe someone more savvy could try.

_________________
Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine Signature_zps2ad5949e
Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta
Moderator

Posts : 1710
Join date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine

Post  Rain on Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:40 pm

I was just in of dowing that with since they both share the transparency rule
Rain
Rain
Donovan

Posts : 97
Join date : 2020-02-06

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine

Post  Rain on Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:17 pm

Final Crash wrote:I have a question. Why isn't anyone porting the game to OpenBor? After all, this is a multi-platform and don't need to create hundreds of ports for different gaming systems Smile

It seems like a good idea but it takes time to rip background Sprites from Openbor
Rain
Rain
Donovan

Posts : 97
Join date : 2020-02-06

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine

Post  pepodmc- on Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:25 am

Final Crash wrote:I have a question. Why isn't anyone porting the game to OpenBor? After all, this is a multi-platform and  don't need to create hundreds of ports for different gaming systems Smile


The thing more similar to Sorr in openbor its Streets of rage 2x.


When completed it will have the routes and content of the three original games, plus new options and sprites for some things.


**You can chain attacks with a cancel combo system similar to the one in Kof 2002

**You have the "air recovery" that let you recover in the air after taking a hit that would send you to the floor.


**Aerial combos using character specials.

** A new special for every character, the "rage" special.

**Wall bouncing the enemies like in Sor 4

*Wall jumping for playable characters.

**You can block attacks, and counterattack if you press the "rage" button at the exact moment the enemy attack will touch your character

** Added a "Frozen" feature during block-counter move to let the opponent vulnerable

** 4 playable characters at the same time on screen.

**Cpu partner that you can enable or disable in any moment, any stage.

**Cpu partner "call" feature, you can configure an agressive partner cpu, and with the call button, call him/her to come near you, so you have more control of your cpu partner.

** You can make a front roll.

**All new gameplay options can be enabled/disabled

** Added Rebellion Mode, play as any enemy from SOR2/SOR3 (need to complete the game);

And a lot of other things.

The author of Streets of Rage 2x "Kratus" is not using Sorr content because he could not talk with bomberlink yet to get his permission. (with the exception of the Sorr arranged soundtrack as an option along the original soundtrack)

Im making a spanish version of the Fangame adding cutscenes from Bare Knuckle 3/sor 3, and i will add cutscenes from SORR for the Sor 1 & 2 routes.

My spanish release is not official so, Kratus is not responsable for that (i will add mentions for everything new i add, made by other people)
And in Openbor anyone can make modification to add whatever thing anyone wants, so, there will be a lot of custom unnoficial versions when the project its complete, its inevitable


pepodmc-
Galsia

Posts : 4
Join date : 2020-09-29

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine

Post  Don Vecta on Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:41 am

No offense but that's the thing: it doesn't play like SORR. It has features and combos that are not on SORR style. There's a lot of those mods around, using SORR assets (mainly v4) but gameplay wise there's nothing like it.
I guess what Final Crash expects (and so do I) is a game close into the gameplay style, emulating SORR the best it can do.

_________________
Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine Signature_zps2ad5949e
Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta
Moderator

Posts : 1710
Join date : 2013-01-10

SORDave and Security like this post

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine

Post  pepodmc- on Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:23 pm

Don Vecta wrote:No offense but that's the thing: it doesn't play like SORR. It has features and combos that are not on SORR style. There's a lot of those mods around, using SORR assets (mainly v4) but gameplay wise there's nothing like it.
I guess what Final Crash expects (and so do I) is a game close into the gameplay style, emulating SORR the best it can do.

Yeah, but thats why i wrote that, any new gameplay option can be disabled if the user wants to.
Its only one step to be the same as Sorr. Saying that Sor 2x its completely different gameplay wise when you already have the option to disable all the new gameplay additions its hyperbole

And all others Sor fangame (openbor or mugen ones) are really bad, the only good balanced one its Sor 2x.

pepodmc-
Galsia

Posts : 4
Join date : 2020-09-29

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine

Post  Criss on Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:39 am

The fact that SOR2X takes SORR stuff, and has a PATREON THAT EARNS THE GAME MONEY (that's a huge no-no in the fangame world, right after taking other fangame stuff) is frankly kinda disgusting.

But fuck the people in the fan community who actually create stuff, right.
Criss
Criss
SorR Contributor

Posts : 66
Join date : 2013-02-10

Security likes this post

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine

Post  pepodmc- on Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:09 pm

Criss wrote:The fact that SOR2X takes SORR stuff, and has a PATREON THAT EARNS THE GAME MONEY (that's a huge no-no in the fangame world, right after taking other fangame stuff) is frankly kinda disgusting.

But fuck the people in the fan community who actually create stuff, right.

Sor 2x developer put the credits to the authors for the things he uses from Sorr.

And the created stuff is created to be put into games, why lock things in one fangame only? The more fangames the better, and Sor 2x is a good quality fangame and gameplay wise adds new gameplay mechanics to the mix.

About the Patreon thing, the coding must be done by someone. And he doesnt lock anything to no patreon members.
And patreon started in 2013, perhaps bomberlink would had one in the past if patreon existed during Sorr development era.


With your mentality, i could say that bombergames stealed sega spritesheets, but we know that bombergames was only a group of fans that wanted to make a fan game of a beloved franchise, nothing more. Like all the people that spend time making fan content.

pepodmc-
Galsia

Posts : 4
Join date : 2020-09-29

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine

Post  Criss on Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:46 pm

pepodmc- wrote:
Criss wrote:The fact that SOR2X takes SORR stuff, and has a PATREON THAT EARNS THE GAME MONEY (that's a huge no-no in the fangame world, right after taking other fangame stuff) is frankly kinda disgusting.

But fuck the people in the fan community who actually create stuff, right.

Sor 2x developer put the credits to the authors for the things he uses from Sorr.

And the created stuff is created to be put into games, why lock things in one fangame only? The more fangames the better, and Sor 2x is a good quality fangame and gameplay wise adds new gameplay mechanics to the mix.

About the Patreon thing, the coding must be done by someone. And he doesnt lock anything to no patreon members.
And patreon started in 2013, perhaps bomberlink would had one in the past if patreon existed during Sorr development era.


With your mentality, i could say that bombergames stealed sega spritesheets, but we know that bombergames was only a group of fans that wanted to make a fan game of a beloved franchise, nothing more. Like all the people that spend time making fan content.

No dude. It's one thing to use the official work from the past, that is the entire basis of fangames for the most part, just look at the Sonic fangame community, but it's completely another to take other FAN's work. Credits? Wow, such an honor to be used in a project that someone didn't ask for or want to be in.

The Patreon thing is what absolutely pisses me off. SORR people worked on that game (like myself) for a long time, and made exactly $0.00 dollars off it (in fact, lost money due to forum hosting), because that is how that works. You DO NOT make money for a project using another company's work, and Bomber knew that. You ESPECIALLY do not make money off a game that also takes fan work, that people did for free for a passion project. The fact that ANY money is made off the patreon, whether its minimal or not, is a giant fuck you to anyone that worked on anything SOR2X steals.
Criss
Criss
SorR Contributor

Posts : 66
Join date : 2013-02-10

Charco and Broscar like this post

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine

Post  pepodmc- on Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:30 pm

Criss wrote:
pepodmc- wrote:
Criss wrote:The fact that SOR2X takes SORR stuff, and has a PATREON THAT EARNS THE GAME MONEY (that's a huge no-no in the fangame world, right after taking other fangame stuff) is frankly kinda disgusting.

But fuck the people in the fan community who actually create stuff, right.

Sor 2x developer put the credits to the authors for the things he uses from Sorr.

And the created stuff is created to be put into games, why lock things in one fangame only? The more fangames the better, and Sor 2x is a good quality fangame and gameplay wise adds new gameplay mechanics to the mix.

About the Patreon thing, the coding must be done by someone. And he doesnt lock anything to no patreon members.
And patreon started in 2013, perhaps bomberlink would had one in the past if patreon existed during Sorr development era.


With your mentality, i could say that bombergames stealed sega spritesheets, but we know that bombergames was only a group of fans that wanted to make a fan game of a beloved franchise, nothing more. Like all the people that spend time making fan content.

No dude. It's one thing to use the official work from the past, that is the entire basis of fangames for the most part, just look at the Sonic fangame community, but it's completely another to take other FAN's work. Credits? Wow, such an honor to be used in a project that someone didn't ask for or want to be in.

The Patreon thing is what absolutely pisses me off. SORR people worked on that game (like myself) for a long time, and made exactly $0.00 dollars off it (in fact, lost money due to forum hosting), because that is how that works. You DO NOT make money for a project using another company's work, and Bomber knew that. You ESPECIALLY do not make money off a game that also takes fan work, that people did for free for a passion project. The fact that ANY money is made off the patreon, whether its minimal or not, is a giant fuck you to anyone that worked on anything SOR2X steals.

First of all, we are fans, so, i think that its more important to have more games of a franchise you love instead of losing time fighting about assets.
As fans we need to go in the same direction, and that is the development of more and more fan games.

pepodmc-
Galsia

Posts : 4
Join date : 2020-09-29

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine

Post  Criss on Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:04 pm

Then here's what you do as fans: Make your own shit, rather than leech off fellow fans. Do what SORR did. It is actually pretty fun despite the challenge. If you can't then you have no business making a game.

And ESPECIALLY pull the patreon down. The fact any so-called "fan" is making money off Sega's work, my work, off Bomber's work, off Shinobi's, etc is fucking wrong and isn't even up for debate, and paints the openbor community in a (further) bad light.
Criss
Criss
SorR Contributor

Posts : 66
Join date : 2013-02-10

Charco, santossousa.s2, Final Crash and Broscar like this post

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine

Post  kratus on Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:08 am

Criss wrote:Then here's what you do as fans: Make your own shit, rather than leech off fellow fans. Do what SORR did. It is actually pretty fun despite the challenge. If you can't then you have no business making a game.

And ESPECIALLY pull the patreon down. The fact any so-called "fan" is making money off Sega's work, my work, off Bomber's work, off Shinobi's, etc is fucking wrong and isn't even up for debate, and paints the openbor community in a (further) bad light.

Hey Criss, I'm the SOR2X creator. Although there are some nice guys here in this forum, I've seen that you know anything about my game, look for more information before saying any shit.

I'm a big fan of all SOR franchises, and a great SORR fan too. I'm always saying that I respect Bombergames too much and there's a lot of credits/special thanks in my game and web pages (even the original creators didn't ask that).

Although SOR2X is my main project, my Patreon page was NOT CREATED EXCLUSIVELY TO "STREETS OF RAGE GAMES", was created to "OPENBOR GAMES" IN GENERAL, never forget this! The donation is in FACT to help me keep making any game and to give support to other modders in OpenBOR engine. SOR2X is only a small part of all of it. You can see for yourself this information on my page.

Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine LFwscqN

In addition, I've been hacking the original roms since 2011 and I have a lot of softwares that helps me to rip any sprite I want from SOR2/SOR3. May you didn't know but the Pancake software (made in Java) can rip any character's sprite in high quality. For the level assets, I got ONE BY ONE using a hacked Gens 11svn emulator. I always prefer to take any assets from the original games and always avoiding to use any SORR asset. You can check it for yourself in the Chrono Crash forum if want.

Except for a few sprites (like Max running sprites, that is really from SORR, or Adam from Daors), all others I got by myself, from my own old hacks or from Gens emulator and a lot of them are edited by me or by some SOR2X supporters.

But think a little, if someone draws any new sprite in SOR style, you think that it will be very different from any SORR sprite?? Really?? For example, if I draw a SOR2 Axel running move from scratch using the original ones as base, it will be very close to SORR ones. But I know that someday a SORR fan will say that I took it from Bombergames...

Except for the REAL original content like Rudra, Trucker, Ninjo, Cody (the one made from Galsia sprites) and some new levels that aren't in the original games, I can say the same thing from the SORR. They based your work on other people's works too (SEGA). Bombergames didn't make any money because the Patreon didn't exist before, but if Bomberlink comes back today, I'm certain that a lot of people will donate. You can see it in the first v5.2 test on Youtube, a lot of people want to support it. C'mon man, say the truth, who is editing the new v5.2 today? Is Bomberlink itself using a new nickname?? Because if no, you can say the same thing from him, but you will not say anything because he is updating your "beloved" game. And if he open a Patreon page, you will make donation A.S.A.P lol

Another thing that a long time I need to say, I think is the time for all Streets of Rage fans to stop fighting against each other no matter what game, engine, generation, etc you prefer, because WE ARE ALL "SOR LOVERS". If you like SORR, it's okay. If you like SOR2 over SOR3, it's ok too. If you like SOR4 over all others, it's okay man. If you like any SOR made in OpenBOR, it's okay too.

Please, I don't want to fight anyone to say who is better, I want to make a different SOR game in peace. I'm not selling it, and in my game intro there's a lot of warning messages givind credits and showing the correct copyright owners. I think it's time for us to share new ideas, sprites, music or any SOR related content as true fans.
kratus
kratus
Newbie

Posts : 2
Join date : 2020-11-25

Final Crash and lalolanda like this post

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine

Post  Final Crash on Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:40 am

I totally agree. To be honest, I am surprised that there is disagreement in the SOR community. We are all united by our love for the SOR franchise. I think it's still better not to argue with each other, but to try to combine all the best to make the franchise even better than ever Smile
Final Crash
Final Crash
Nora

Posts : 150
Join date : 2018-08-14

SpideyKeiiti and lalolanda like this post

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine

Post  Criss on Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:57 am

kratus wrote:lots of stuff

Basically, you don't give two shits, don't want to put the work in, and want to take whatever you can and make money off it, because "hey share the work!".

Got it.

Fun fact: Bomber isn't a dumbass and knows exactly what Patreon is. That was never an avenue for SORR because YOU DON'T MAKE MONEY OFF FANGAMES USING COPYRIGHTED ASSETS. Jesus christ.

Criss
Criss
SorR Contributor

Posts : 66
Join date : 2013-02-10

Saven, Charco, Don Vecta, Xillatem, Final Crash and Broscar like this post

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine

Post  kratus on Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:22 am

Criss wrote:
kratus wrote:lots of stuff

Basically, you don't give two shits, don't want to put the work in, and want to take whatever you can and make money off it, because "hey share the work!".

Got it.

Fun fact: Bomber isn't a dumbass and knows exactly what Patreon is. That was never an avenue for SORR because YOU DON'T MAKE MONEY OFF FANGAMES USING COPYRIGHTED ASSETS. Jesus christ.

You didn't understand a single word I said...

- DONATION is not a SELL! Oh GOD, do you know the difference between a SELL and a DONATION?
- I will not prohibit if someone wants to help me with money, even if I close my Patreon. And I will always be grateful
- All my games are FREE, including SOR2X. It is a work from a FAN to other FANS
- My Patreon exists to give support in the OpenBOR engine to any people that want to learn, or want me to make games for them
- Did you see any SOR related content on Patreon Tier list? No! Again, my Patreon is for OpenBOR engine
- Will you prohibit SOR Maker modders to get money from Youtube when post new mods or any other SOR related content?
- I'm not making any money with ASSETS, the people make donations for my CODING
- I'm not a spriter, I'm A PROGRAMMER. I haven't put too much work on sprites, but I PUT A LOT OF WORK in coding and creating new ideas. I created SOR2X codes from scratch learning only the basics from other games. And OpenBOR is not a toy, to make advanced scripts you need to learn a lot of coding in "C" language

You may not know, but have you thought where Guard Crush Games got some inspiration for new features, like juggles, the new strongest super move or 4 players at the same time?? I guarantee it was not from the original games or the remake...Yes, is from SOR2X buddy!!

My game has existed since 2017 with all these features included. As soon as Guard Crush Games announced SOR4, I secretly sent a lot of info, videos and ideas to them but I never asked for credits, I wanted to remain hidden. I'm only saying that because this situation needs it, otherwise I would never say that...

If you don't trust me, this is a single screenshot of our conversation.
Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine VvjN6jX

I'm not an egoist guy, I always want the best for the entire SOR world. Guard Crush makes a lot of money with some ideas I sent, and I'm ok with that because I'm a SOR fan and want only to give my little contribution.

I think it's enough to show you that I don't want to make any money with SORR content. I will be happy if we could share new ideas. And don't worry, I'm always avoiding to use SORR content because even if you don't trust me, I'm working hard in my game and I know that it's not good when other people take your work and not even credit you.

I promise that I will never use SORR original/exclusive content like Rudra and some new levels that are not in the original games. But I can't prohibit other OpenBOR modders to do that, same as you that can't prohibit SOR Maker modders from taking assets from other games with no authorization (Kamurocho??)...
kratus
kratus
Newbie

Posts : 2
Join date : 2020-11-25

santossousa.s2, SpideyKeiiti and pepodmc- like this post

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum