SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine

Go down

Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine Empty Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine

Post  Final Crash on Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:32 pm

I have a question. Why isn't anyone porting the game to OpenBor? After all, this is a multi-platform and don't need to create hundreds of ports for different gaming systems Smile
Final Crash
Final Crash
Galsia

pepodmc- likes this post

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine

Post  E253MechaShadow on Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:22 am

No.

E253MechaShadow
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake on OpenBor Engine

Post  Don Vecta on Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:57 am

I'm not really that good at that engine, maybe someone more savvy could try.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Rain on Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:40 pm

I was just in of dowing that with since they both share the transparency rule
Rain
Rain
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rain on Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:17 pm

Final Crash wrote:I have a question. Why isn't anyone porting the game to OpenBor? After all, this is a multi-platform and don't need to create hundreds of ports for different gaming systems Smile

It seems like a good idea but it takes time to rip background Sprites from Openbor
Rain
Rain
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  pepodmc- on Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:25 am

Final Crash wrote:I have a question. Why isn't anyone porting the game to OpenBor? After all, this is a multi-platform and  don't need to create hundreds of ports for different gaming systems Smile

The thing more similar to Sorr in openbor its Streets of rage 2x.

When completed it will have the routes and content of the three original games, plus new options and sprites for some things.

**You can chain attacks with a cancel combo system similar to the one in Kof 2002

**You have the "air recovery" that let you recover in the air after taking a hit that would send you to the floor.

**Aerial combos using character specials.

** A new special for every character, the "rage" special.

**Wall bouncing the enemies like in Sor 4

*Wall jumping for playable characters.

**You can block attacks, and counterattack if you press the "rage" button at the exact moment the enemy attack will touch your character

** Added a "Frozen" feature during block-counter move to let the opponent vulnerable

** 4 playable characters at the same time on screen.

**Cpu partner that you can enable or disable in any moment, any stage.

**Cpu partner "call" feature, you can configure an agressive partner cpu, and with the call button, call him/her to come near you, so you have more control of your cpu partner.

** You can make a front roll.

**All new gameplay options can be enabled/disabled

** Added Rebellion Mode, play as any enemy from SOR2/SOR3 (need to complete the game);

And a lot of other things.

The author of Streets of Rage 2x "Kratus" is not using Sorr content because he could not talk with bomberlink yet to get his permission. (with the exception of the Sorr arranged soundtrack as an option along the original soundtrack)

Im making a spanish version of the Fangame adding cutscenes from Bare Knuckle 3/sor 3, and i will add cutscenes from SORR for the Sor 1 & 2 routes.

My spanish release is not official so, Kratus is not responsable for that (i will add mentions for everything new i add, made by other people)
And in Openbor anyone can make modification to add whatever thing anyone wants, so, there will be a lot of custom unnoficial versions when the project its complete, its inevitable

pepodmc-

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta on Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:41 am

No offense but that's the thing: it doesn't play like SORR. It has features and combos that are not on SORR style. There's a lot of those mods around, using SORR assets (mainly v4) but gameplay wise there's nothing like it.
I guess what Final Crash expects (and so do I) is a game close into the gameplay style, emulating SORR the best it can do.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  pepodmc- on Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:23 pm

Don Vecta wrote:No offense but that's the thing: it doesn't play like SORR. It has features and combos that are not on SORR style. There's a lot of those mods around, using SORR assets (mainly v4) but gameplay wise there's nothing like it.
I guess what Final Crash expects (and so do I) is a game close into the gameplay style, emulating SORR the best it can do.

Yeah, but thats why i wrote that, any new gameplay option can be disabled if the user wants to.
Its only one step to be the same as Sorr. Saying that Sor 2x its completely different gameplay wise when you already have the option to disable all the new gameplay additions its hyperbole

And all others Sor fangame (openbor or mugen ones) are really bad, the only good balanced one its Sor 2x.

pepodmc-

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down