SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage 4

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

Streets of Rage 4 - Page 12 Empty Re: Streets of Rage 4

Post  ArcadeTheHedgehog on Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:01 pm

So when will be using the sprites or whatever from this game in the Streets of Rage Remake?

Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  E253MechaShadow on Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:34 pm

ArcadeTheHedgehog wrote:So when will be using the sprites or whatever from this game in the Streets of Rage Remake?
99% never. SoRR is hardly ever going to update anymore.

E253MechaShadow
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  thenomad on Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:04 pm

oracle wrote:A SOR4 mod in SORR-Maker is within reach but will not happen overnight. Firstly, a pixel artist with some real talent and LOTS of free time would have to recreate all SOR4 characters and backgrounds as pixels.

Honestly, I don't think this is the worst part. If a person know what is doing, with photoshop, resize of SoR4 textures is a breeze, it's just a matter of taking off some of the frames of animation, resize the SoR4 sprites and that's it. The biggest problem is to put the new sprites into SoRR, but people are already doing this. The only limitation is that you only can use moves from SoR4 that are already on SoRR, because I don't think it's possible to edit/insert hit boxes for specific moves in SoRR. So you can only use, for example, the sprites of SoR4 Axel Grand Upper, over the SoRR Axel Grand Upper. But the newer moves, like the aerial special, I don't think it's possible.
thenomad
thenomad
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno on Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:24 pm

thenomad wrote:Honestly, I don't think this is the worst part. If a person know what is doing, with photoshop, resize of SoR4 textures is a breeze, it's just a matter of taking off some of the frames of animation, resize the SoR4 sprites and that's it. The biggest problem is to put the new sprites into SoRR, but people are already doing this. The only limitation is that you only can use moves from SoR4 that are already on SoRR, because I don't think it's possible to edit/insert hit boxes for specific moves in SoRR. So you can only use, for example, the sprites of SoR4 Axel Grand Upper, over the SoRR Axel Grand Upper. But the newer moves, like the aerial special, I don't think it's possible.
I don't think you need to copy the game mechanics, since it's more about adapting it to Remake. As long as you have the characters and stages, that's a good basis for a mod. I've also been doing some retro remixes of SOR4's music, so those could be added too in future.

Signal

https://iceferno.bandcamp.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12