SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would you have added if you could mod the game.

+21
celestinx
BigDarsh
Criss
Laucorn
allbmw
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Saven
Mr.Din
NeoVamp
KFCutman
William Assunção
Charco
TheWolfe
Masta Frank
KoopaTroopa1116
serp
DarkThief
ZM5
Xillatem
Don Vecta
graylandertagger
25 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What would you have added if you could mod the game. - Page 3 Empty Re: What would you have added if you could mod the game.

Post  Mr.Din Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:00 pm

KFCutman wrote:
Mr.Din wrote:Organized and expanded palettes, the former would make palette editing more user friendly, say what you will but not having to guess which color is which made the feature more fun and easy to use in rushing beat.

The latter obviously is a miniscule detail but separating the white on skin from the white on the clothes would've gone a long way, looking at you Cody, Axel, Trucker. Also the palette work done by caj to allow for the SoR3 palettes was pretty nice. I'll be working with her to make a patch for this. You would have to make new palettes for your mods but you'll have more options. Smile

First off, this is something that NEEDS TO HAPPEN, I'd love seeing a better palette editor (I've released my enemy palettes to the public, they could be better), and being able to separate certain colors of clothing (fuck you Blaze, with green on your thighs) to different areas.

As for patches, is that even possible? Adding a mod to SoRR? is that something that needs the power of RUSSIA!?
as far as palettes go it's not too tough to do as I've been discovering with Caj's methods. Color separation however will take a little more, I'm good with that on the graphical side but getting the new sprites in the game is a tougher process. Question for the community however, if I do go through with doing this patch will everybody be content with starting from scratch with their custom palettes? It'll be required because the new palettes would be organized differently, the older palettes will not be compatible.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

What would you have added if you could mod the game. - Page 3 Empty Re: What would you have added if you could mod the game.

Post  Guest Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:18 pm

I would not be content with new default pal organisation. Unfortunately the extra workload that would be brought upon everyone is just not worth it.
Keep it for your own personal uses. I wouldn't want you to delay your efforts elsewhere even more by fixing every set of 7 palettes in the game to fit to the new organisation.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:04 am

I'll await more opinions on it, you do raise good points though every mod that comes with it's own palettes wouldn't be affected anyway given the replacement palettes would replace the base palettes anyway. It'll be down to the individual if they'd like to utilize the patch in their future or present custom palettes but the option of not being limited by things like shared whites for example may be worth it to some.

Here's the proposal.
What would you have added if you could mod the game. - Page 3 Palfix10
the 3rd row of colors are just unused colors I added to fill in the other boxes.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:14 am

I really REALLY strongly urge you to use visually identical separation only (any more than 8 difference in an R G or B is not visually identical).
Changing the look of defaults is no good at all, remember that.

That's all I ask.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:57 am

CajNatalie wrote:I really REALLY strongly urge you to use visually identical separation only (any more than 8 difference in an R G or B is not visually identical).
Changing the look of defaults is no good at all, remember that.

That's all I ask.
that's the plan, the only reason I initially do drastic change is just a safety to make sure I don't mix any colors up. Though this is if I consider color separation along with it as that would require changing the FPG as well.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:42 pm

Getting to work on modding Roo... yes we have Roo it seems.
It's really awkward to get both hits to register but V5 recognises the extra Roo hit in the punches.

Now all I have to do is tweak the control points in his jump and give him the original range pixel-for-pixel with his attacks and...

IT'S ACTUALLY ROO AFTERALL.
Thanks B! =D

P.S. Of course despite my usage of "thanks B" while I'm playing in videos whenever I'm happy for things I find in V5, some admin would take it as something negative and send me a message.
Wow please. I'm not even allowed to give praise to B.
What, should I put a smiley in there? Done.

Back to top Go down

Post  Laucorn Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:44 pm

I think it was probably just misunderstood. I've watched enough of these vids to know you usually seem pretty grateful to B for allowing these innovations in SORR, especially since V5.1. Like the trick with the ninja temple alternate routes and what wouldn't be possible without that.

AKA Mister X Neo
Laucorn
Laucorn
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Criss Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:47 pm

Not, for shits-and-giggles,releasing/editing the fanmade stuff would be great btw. Just sayin' before shits goes wild like those girls and their breasts.

A LOT of time and effort went into that stuff.
Criss
Criss
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:51 pm

CajNatalie wrote:Getting to work on modding Roo... yes we have Roo it seems.
It's really awkward to get both hits to register but V5 recognises the extra Roo hit in the punches.

Now all I have to do is tweak the control points in his jump and give him the original range pixel-for-pixel with his attacks and...

IT'S ACTUALLY ROO AFTERALL.
Thanks B! =D

P.S. Of course despite my usage of "thanks B" while I'm playing in videos whenever I'm happy for things I find in V5, some admin would take it as something negative and send me a message.
Wow please. I'm not even allowed to give praise to B.
What, should I put a smiley in there? Done.

I think "evil" has casted his doom on this board, and plagued the relationships in a very... ahem... evil way. There is nothing insulting to B's work and nothing more than love toward it in the message I quoted. Finding a tool to polish what B would have done if SEGA didn't fucked up the potential of the video game. Natalie found that B intended to make Roo as he was in SoR3 but just can't finish what he started because of SEGA, not because of Natalie.

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Criss Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:57 pm

SOR3 or BK3? Because the team went with BK3 on most split decisions.

I think any negativity stems from the fact the game was built around not be tweaked and modded. Bomber wanted to protect his years of work. I know when i was working with the files, I had to jump through hoops and such to fix tiny mistakes I did.worth it though.
Criss
Criss
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:01 am

The unpacked v5.1 dat has been out on Russian forums for a very long time now, along with programs to decrypt all the images in every fpg (and to re-encrypt them to get them back in)...
Nothing you say can stop what they have done and what is already happening on their forums.

Back to top Go down

Post  Criss Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:03 am

Fair enough. I\m just hoping they don't end up passing around a shit-filled version of a game they had nothing to do with.
Criss
Criss
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:23 am

They probably have been. The guy who found v5.1's dat mentioned someone was trying to hack online play. I've seen a sailor R Bear sprite edit, and a ton of anime characters replacing almost every enemy, and I'm sure if they could they would have replaced even more.
Streets of Rage is Sega's IP, not ours, though... nothing we can do to stop them eh? Unfortunately.

Back to top Go down

Post  Criss Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:42 am

I never said I was pissed at anyone, or calling anyone "evil". However the guys who worked on the game, and made tons of "fan art" (which is what it is) for this project feel understandbly protective of the game. Anyone would.

If people want to tweak the game to be more like SOR3 then BK3, then by all means go for it, the tools are there. Different strokes for different folks. Just don\t want this game ending up like a dumpster BOR game. Seemsto be going okthough since they've had it cracked open for a few years now.

Last edited by Criss on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Criss
Criss
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Laucorn Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:02 am

Is it alright if I try to change subject? We are all better than this I believe. It doesn't help any of us to fight back and forth. I'll probably get yelled at but so be.

So what else would you mod if you could? What else could you add?

I wouldn't mind being able to use Dr. Dahm. Or if the elevators in maker could be recoded to act like the main game. Sadly the second one is probably impossible...still nice to dream.

AKA Mister X Neo
Laucorn
Laucorn
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:04 am

We're gonna be stuck with scene transitions and animated background layer shenanigans forever.
Daahahaha- oh wait... that's sad isn't it.
*dreams of a world with elevators in all directions with as many stops as possible*

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Criss Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:07 am

If I could? Online play. That's really all I think would be needed. Maybe community-based script patches for tweaking things here and there.
Criss
Criss
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Laucorn Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:25 am

I would LOVE online play. I'd play with several folks here if that was possible. My memory is foggy, Criss, (or whoever decides to answer?), but wasn't there an online play in like an old unreleased version? I remember a vid on it on youtube? I wonder why that got nixd/done away with?

I wouldn't mind seeing villains mode from the concepts. I remember some old sprites (again from the vid/old forum) like Police Big Ben. Still not sure how it would work overall in the general perspective of the engine.

AKA Mister X Neo
Laucorn
Laucorn
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:27 am

I remember the online play plans existed, but I wasn't really in the forums during those times, and had to look back in old logs to find it. Same for villains mode, I just had to find it in old posts.
Some cool ideas but online play in particular would've been a miracle to make it perform well enough despite lag, so it's no surprise it never made it in.

Last edited by CajNatalie on Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Criss Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:28 am

Bomber had a concept online "working". We got connected but it was very problematic and would have taken a long time to function proper.

From what I remember the engine wasn't built with online in mind.
Criss
Criss
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Laucorn Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:32 am

Well that's most unfortunate. Maybe one day down the road if B ever decides to come back to that? Again I can hopelessly dream.

I wonder, is their archive of that older stuff that didn't get used, given yes there were a few vids? Maybe you can't make new chars with it or anything, but you could probably use them as BG layers in a mod, giving credit where it is due? They are technically V5 assets could be used with V5/5.1 right?

AKA Mister X Neo
Laucorn
Laucorn
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Criss Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:53 am

No idea. Ice, if anyone, would have a lot of early stuff.
Criss
Criss
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Laucorn Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:57 am

Oh really? Alrighty thanks Criss, I'll ask him in a PM later.

AKA Mister X Neo
Laucorn
Laucorn
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:39 am

I'm quite certain we have nothing to worry about. The process it takes to edit these things are a bit out there for folks that just add random dumb shit in mods like we had with v4. It's not exactly user friendly to be honest. As a perfectionist I can only see great things coming about with v5 hacking, granted we keep it tight lipped. I'm only interested in adding quality content and some improvements like dynamic and ordered palettes or mod exclusive enemies myself. Otherwise I wouldn't have interest to begin with.

Edit: post was meant for earlier phone glitched.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  celestinx Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:03 am

Mr.Din wrote:I'm quite certain we have nothing to worry about. The process it takes to edit these things are a bit out there for folks that just add random dumb shit in mods like we had with v4. It's not exactly user friendly to be honest. As a perfectionist I can only see great things coming about with v5 hacking, granted we keep it tight lipped. I'm only interested in adding quality content and some improvements like dynamic and ordered palettes or mod exclusive enemies myself. Otherwise I wouldn't have interest to begin with.

Edit: post was meant for earlier phone glitched.

mod exclusive enemies??

It would be great if new enemies were available for other SORmaker fans.. For example allowing max as a boss would be cool even if not story related, that would make a fun fight. Or making the playable version of Elle a sub-boss. Is someone is working on such things that would be friggin awesome, level makers extend the life of games, I mean, if SORR maker didnt have the sor-maker, the reply value would be limited, but being able to play CaJ's SOR1-3 mods with the SORR engine as well as some of the other mods online, gives hours more enjoyment and game play. More assets for the sormaker would only extend that life even further.
celestinx
celestinx
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next