SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage Remake V5.2 Glitches/Bugs List Thread

+35
Shivarules656
Shyning77
lena1991
Arthandas
vince
FerrFerr
Hansuke
TizerisT
hyperfunkzone
kelgar
jahong201
feeluscactus
Cm_Blast
Trod1219
Imapus Sylicker
loktar
Don Vecta
Ghostpilot
bareknuckleroo
Mr.Din
El Gambito
lalolanda
Iceferno
Criss
Security
xRainmakerRSx
Miles Saintborough
Final Crash
Xillatem
Charco
SORDave
Sshadow5001
bazzza
AnderGus
Saven
39 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Streets of Rage Remake V5.2 Glitches/Bugs List Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake V5.2 Glitches/Bugs List Thread

Post  Charco Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:42 pm

In system.txt choose either AUTO or DESKTOP instead of BORDERLESS_SYNC, this should solve your issue. It's not a bug.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Security and AnderGus like this post

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake V5.2 Glitches/Bugs List Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake V5.2 Glitches/Bugs List Thread

Post  Security Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:22 pm

Charco wrote:In system.txt choose either AUTO or DESKTOP instead of BORDERLESS_SYNC, this should solve your issue. It's not a bug.
Thank you, thank you and thank you! All issues solved!
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:09 pm

Security wrote:
Charco wrote:In system.txt choose either AUTO or DESKTOP instead of BORDERLESS_SYNC, this should solve your issue. It's not a bug.
Thank you, thank you and thank you! All issues solved!

That's great!

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Security likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:15 pm

Big glitch:

Player: Max Aide: AI Blaze Sor1 version

Route: Sor2 mostly (used some branching)

Stage: The jungle island, the one right after Sor2 route ship with Big Bear boss (7?)

Before the boss fight against Sor2 Souther, you can go north in the stage to reach the sor3 underwater/underground labs. I entered that exit the very moment the arrow flashed, but a running motorcycle stepped on Blaze at the exact moment. When she went up, she couldn't follow me and Max wasn't on screen. Game "froze" there with nothing happening at all.
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:27 pm

Security wrote:Before the boss fight against Sor2 Souther, you can go north in the stage to reach the sor3 underwater/underground labs. I entered that exit the very moment the arrow flashed, but a running motorcycle stepped on Blaze at the exact moment. When she went up, she couldn't follow me and Max wasn't on screen. Game "froze" there with nothing happening at all.
Seems like the alternative route glitch I had. The trigger can occur too early, and any additional enemies that come in take it away.
It softlocks the game if you step in right before it disappears.

Big-Ben

https://iceferno.com

Security likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Sun Nov 29, 2020 5:27 pm

Yeah that glitch has been around for quite some time, I'm surprised it wasn't already addressed, bikers should probably spawn a little further back to prevent it. I was too far away from the alt path and had to kill all the bikers to access it again so it doesn't even give you a chance to move the camera before they start spawning in.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Security likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:08 pm

Lesson learnt! Now, i will always smoke all enemies first, before i choose an arrow!

At least savestate works normally! What a Face
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Crash Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:36 pm

loktar wrote:The game does not save on xbox version. It can read a savegame file but not write on it or create a new one.
This is why I have always used a save file where everything is open. Smile
Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  AnderGus Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:01 am

Hey, guys,

Tonight (it's now a bit past 1:00, hehe; I've begun at around 19:00) I had time to deeply test the SoRR v5.2 version which can be found in the link provided in the specific and fixed topic, https://sorr.forumotion.net/t838-new-streets-of-rage-remake-v5-2-download-and-info -- note that I'm talking about the second 5.2 version that has been made available. I did a fresh start, that is, I just unzipped the file and played.

I've tested almost (I'll keep on testing) all the occurrences of bugs that were reported in this Glitches/Bugs specific topic here. The ones that I've discovered myself (such as the cosmetic mistake of the number of 24 RobotX in the Trophies section); and the most serious (game-breaking) ones, including the one in which the playable character ignores Mr.X in the SoR1 route; the softlock right after Dr.Dahm/Zero's fight; and the Mania ending not happening.

Guess what? None of those errors is present anymore! Very Happy
It seems that the author of the v5.2 version is fortunately listening to us here in the SoRR forum! Even a small, simple and hardly important thing as the typo on the quantity of robots that I've mentioned above is gone, has been fixed, now showing the correct number of 22.

PixelatedBrain / Bomberlink / whoever are responsible for the improvement on what was already so good, I send you a big Thanks! May God bless those talented and passionate devs!
The game is (until some bug may be discovered -- I hope not Smile) perfect as of now. Cool

(For the people who don't like the nerf that the characters in general have got: never mind, you can always use the option to get the Original behavior of the playable characters' damages.
As of me, I prefer the Balanced mode, as it adjusts the characters from the different versions to have fair strenghts between them, on par with each other.)

Last edited by AnderGus on Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgotten a piece of text after the hyperlink)
AnderGus
AnderGus
Galsia

Saven, Shyning77 and Security like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:55 am

A big thanks from me, as well! I found the remedy for "herd of bees" enemy behavior, too; Enemy AI -> Teamwork = yes + CPU ally -> set to aggressive
Security
Security
Fog

AnderGus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Crash Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:46 am

Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  AnderGus Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:12 pm

I don't know if it's me, but I see no bug here. Neutral
AnderGus
AnderGus
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:17 pm

AnderGus wrote:Hey, guys,

Tonight (it's now a bit past 1:00, hehe; I've begun at around 19:00) I had time to deeply test the SoRR v5.2 version which can be found in the link provided in the specific and fixed topic, https://sorr.forumotion.net/t838-new-streets-of-rage-remake-v5-2-download-and-info -- note that I'm talking about the second 5.2 version that has been made available. I did a fresh start, that is, I just unzipped the file and played.

I've tested almost (I'll keep on testing) all the occurrences of bugs that were reported in this Glitches/Bugs specific topic here. The ones that I've discovered myself (such as the cosmetic mistake of the number of 24 RobotX in the Trophies section); and the most serious (game-breaking) ones, including the one in which the playable character ignores Mr.X in the SoR1 route; the softlock right after Dr.Dahm/Zero's fight; and the Mania ending not happening.

Guess what? None of those errors is present anymore! Very Happy
It seems that the author of the v5.2 version is fortunately listening to us here in the SoRR forum! Even a small, simple and hardly important thing as the typo on the quantity of robots that I've mentioned above is gone, has been fixed, now showing the correct number of 22.

PixelatedBrain / Bomberlink / whoever are responsible for the improvement on what was already so good, I send you a big Thanks! May God bless those talented and passionate devs!
The game is (until some bug may be discovered -- I hope not Smile) perfect as of now. Cool

(For the people who don't like the nerf that the characters in general have got: never mind, you can always use the option to get the Original behavior of the playable characters' damages.
As of me, I prefer the Balanced mode, as it adjusts the characters from the different versions to have fair strenghts between them, on par with each other.)
I can confirm this, will be updating my download link as well. I wonder how much else was fixed/changed...

Forum Elder

Saven, Security, Final Crash and AnderGus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Crash Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:37 pm

AnderGus wrote:

I don't know if it's me, but I see no bug here. Neutral

Voice Shiva SOR3 needs to be swapped. At the moment voice SOR3 - It has Japanese voice acting. And voice BK3 is the opposite.
Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  bazzza Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:45 pm

Not a bug per se, but I realised that in the baseball Stadium SOR2 route when fighting the Metal M and Sug Q I believe that Sug Q should give you 10,000 points but it seems in this version it does not.

Also as well Anry on the expander lift as well should give out 10,000 points but does not either.

Last edited by bazzza on Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
bazzza
bazzza
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  AnderGus Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:52 pm

I've watched it for four times now; and Shiva's voices are not swapped: it's Ninja Attack when in SoR3 voice mode; and Final Crash in BK3 mode. Surprised
The same for Blaze.
AnderGus
AnderGus
Galsia

Charco likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Crash Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:56 pm

Blaze is okay.Final Crash was in American and European versions
Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  AnderGus Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:07 pm

Final Crash wrote:Blaze is okay.Final Crash was in American and European versions

No, man. Ninja Attack is the new voice that Sega of America/Europe has created when localizing the Japanese version of the third game. Final Crash is present in these games:
. All SoR2/BKII versions;
. And BKIII (Japanese).

For example, check this gameplay of the SoR3 American version with Shiva: https://youtu.be/N_TOqv_aKHo. At exactly 5m00s, Shiva says Ninja Attack.
AnderGus
AnderGus
Galsia

Charco likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sshadow5001 Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:14 pm

Ok so 5.2 got updated to fix bugs but the file name is exactly the same? That might cause some confusion for people who have the old 5.2.

Anywho, the new version is set to automatically be BORDERLESS_SYNC instead of AUTO. So remember if you wanna play in windowed mode you gotta change this in the system.txt file.
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmNvw20OcpFvDYiaKt9w

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:16 pm

Yeah pretty odd that it wasn't renamed rev_551 or something, oh well.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:38 pm

I echo what everyone has said in here. Use the new link. Much better.
Saven
Saven

Charco, Security and AnderGus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  AnderGus Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:25 pm

I've seen some people commenting on the following subject, but I'm going to cite it again for the sake of detailed notice.

In the Control menu, the name of the function that is usually done with the X button on the MegaDrive is written in the v5.2 as Series (in the original game, it's Special -- oddly repeating the function name of the A button); and the function associated to what's usually the Y button is written as Combo (in the original game, it's Series).

For the sake of similarity to the original material, it could be changed to Series on what's usually the Y button.
As for the button X, seems that a name must be created. So (i's just my suggestion) why not putting the function name as Blitz? -- As it's exactly what the button does: gives access, via sequences of directional inputs, to all the blitz attacks of the chars.
AnderGus
AnderGus
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:02 am

Yeah the control customization menu always confused me a bit because of those names.
I wish they'd just use Blitz and Charge for... blitzes and charges. lol

Big-Ben

https://iceferno.com

AnderGus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  bareknuckleroo Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:50 am

AnderGus wrote:(For the people who don't like the nerf that the characters in general have got: never mind, you can always use the option to get the Original behavior of the playable characters' damages.

Except if you're using Elle. She's still got the still got the low damage from before 5.1 rebalanced her and made her somewhat slow recovery on most of her moves worth the risk by making them deal very appreciable damage. She's honestly not great in 5.2 and her low damage output isn't worth the effort her moveset requires to be effective.

Nora

https://www.youtube.com/bareknuckleroo

Security and Final Crash like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Imapus Sylicker Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:44 am

Hey guys, where can I get the updated link you guys mentioned?

Thanks in advance!

Imapus Sylicker
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next