SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage Remake V5.2 Glitches/Bugs List Thread

+35
Shivarules656
Shyning77
lena1991
Arthandas
vince
FerrFerr
Hansuke
TizerisT
hyperfunkzone
kelgar
jahong201
feeluscactus
Cm_Blast
Trod1219
Imapus Sylicker
loktar
Don Vecta
Ghostpilot
bareknuckleroo
Mr.Din
El Gambito
lalolanda
Iceferno
Criss
Security
xRainmakerRSx
Miles Saintborough
Final Crash
Xillatem
Charco
SORDave
Sshadow5001
bazzza
AnderGus
Saven
39 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Streets of Rage Remake V5.2 Glitches/Bugs List Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake V5.2 Glitches/Bugs List Thread

Post  Sshadow5001 Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:24 pm

bareknuckleroo wrote:Adding to the list:

Under the control settings, the Series (the last hit of your basic combo string) and Special Combo (that allows special input Blitzes) buttons accidentally had their labels swapped in 5.2. Series is actually Special Combo and vice-versa.
actually I remember reading this in the update notes. Seems they were actually the wrong way around in 5.1 lol.
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmNvw20OcpFvDYiaKt9w

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake V5.2 Glitches/Bugs List Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake V5.2 Glitches/Bugs List Thread

Post  bareknuckleroo Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:53 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:
actually I remember reading this in the update notes. Seems they were actually the wrong way around in 5.1 lol.

I see patch note 286 mentions this: 286. Fix on controls menu, "Series" was meant to be for the X button, "Combo" is the final combo of the Y button.

This appears to be a developer misunderstanding in 5.2 where they've forgotten which button was which in SoR3 and have incorrectly swapped the labels around from what they were in BKIII/SoR3's 6-button controller setting menu. "Series" is meant to be the last hit in your standing combo's "series" of hits, the same attack you use if you press and hold the attack button. "Special Combo" is supposed to be the button for the special Blitz inputs. This is how it functioned in both Bare Knuckle III and Streets of Rage 3.

Furthermore, if you look on Page 10 of the BKIII manual, you can the buttons are labelled in descending order A,B,C and X,Y,Z and see under "Series" that it has a reference to holding and releasing the B (Attack) button lets you also use Series. Page 19 also has a text box that reiterates what the default buttons on a 6 button controller do, and you can clearly see that the Y button, Series, has a note about holding B and then releasing to attack (just as the Z button for back attacking has a note about pressing B+C to back attack): https://archive.org/details/Bare_Knuckle_III_Streets_of_Rage_III_1994_Sega_JP/page/n5/mode/2up

Page 7 of the SoR3 manual refers to the Series button as doing "a high kick or single punch (SERIES)": https://classicreload.com/sites/default/files/genesis-streets-of-rage-3_manual.pdf

Side note: the actual special Blitz inputs appear in neither BKIII nor SoR3's manual. Guess they were meant to be secret inputs? I appreciate that the special Blitz inputs are listed in SoRR's character profiles! Oddly, the English manuals are also really inconsistent about listing Up + Jump to throw recover. The Japanese manuals list it in each game it looks like, but SoR1 Genesis and SoR2 Game Gear are the only English manuals to do so? Weird.

Last edited by bareknuckleroo on Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

Nora

https://www.youtube.com/bareknuckleroo

Shyning77 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:14 pm

I noticed a typo in the Robot X achievement. It says you get it for destroying all 24 bots, even though there are only 22 in the stage.

Big-Ben

https://iceferno.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghostpilot Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:53 am

Elle was a character who I enjoyed in previous versions, so she was one of my early unlocks in the update. The damage on her basic string, grab strikes, back attack, and neutral specials felt extremely low and I didn't remember it being that way.

So I went back to 5.0 and 5.1 to check, and it seems that her damage is about halved in 5.2. She struggles to take out stage 1 Galsia's and it only gets worse the deeper into the game you go. Once you get to enemies who can block, her strings are often interrupted. Which, compounded with her low damage, long animations, and wonky hitboxes, really makes playing her a struggle to play.

Additionally, the fourth and fifth attack of her strings have much less range than the attacks that come before it, often causing her to those attacks to whiff or not hit properly.

Per individual hit, she's outdamaged (per-hit) by Skate, and given his Power is a 1 and hers is a 3, I figured something was up. As there wasn't any mention of any changes to her in the notes, I figure that it must be a bug.

Ghostpilot
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  bareknuckleroo Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:30 am

What Pause Delay setting and what Attack Damage setting are you using?

Nora

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghostpilot Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:37 am

I was using the default settings in 5.2. I'll try adjusting those and see how she plays.

Ghostpilot
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  bareknuckleroo Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:32 am

Never mind, I've given her a proper spin in 5.2 and I see what you mean. I see in the patch notes she was retooled to be more "balanced", but yeah, Elle is now back to how she was initially when released and is quite weak. Her standing combo does the same damage as Roo's essentially, her Offensive special is among the weakest in the game even if you initiate it at close range and connect with all the hits... Her jump and throw attacks are still quite solid though, and it seems like the devs want you to use her long range basic attacks to essentially go for grabs. Her standing combo and 0/1 Star Blitzes already had sufficient delay that they were risky to use despite the decent range, but the nerfs she's been hit with here feel like a bit too far? It's like she's back to her initial release. If I recall correctly, Elle was first released and then given a few minor damage buffs, and now she's back to how she initially was? That's how it feels anyways.

I preferred how Elle was previously too I think. She contrasts with Zan in the sense that while he has poor jump attacks and damage on Blitzes, and barely deals damage with his long range punches, he's able to sweep the screen amazingly with his Blitzes, whereas Elle has Zan's long range on her whip, but instead is actually able to dish out damage with her basic attacks, has effective jump attacks, good throws, and decent Blitzes.

Nora

Security likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:45 am

bareknuckleroo wrote:
I preferred how Elle was previously too I think.
Max player here. I prefer how Max was previously, too. His 2 star special move distance is like halved (and this is one of the standards i always use) and in 5.2 he can be counterattacked, while performing it, or other moves that while pulling them off in 5.1, no enemy attacks would break them.

Weaker Elle though is a nasty thing. When i unlock all players, i play with her for AI support.
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  bareknuckleroo Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:55 am

Didn't Max have full invulnerability on his 2 star Blitz prior to 5.2? It was pretty absurdly overpowered for that reason. They needed to at least make it punishable, I'm against that. Razz Lowering the range means it's meant more now as a useful close range tool rather than a long range attack I guess. It still seems like a very useful blitz, even if not nearly as overpowered as it was before.

Nora

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:59 am

bareknuckleroo wrote:Didn't Max have full invulnerability on his 2 star Blitz prior to 5.2? It was pretty absurdly overpowered for that reason. They needed to at least make it punishable, I'm against that. Razz Lowering the range means it's meant more now as a useful close range tool rather than a long range attack I guess. It still seems like a very useful blitz, even if not nearly as overpowered as it was before.
Yeah, Max's attacks were like Abadede's, no enemy could interrupt them once the beast started flailing... Now they can stop not only the SPECIAL move, if their hit connects in the middle of the move's performing animation/effect, but also the finishing move of a combo, or a grab+attack (not his stationary multihit they could stop even in 5.1, the 1-hit "burst" as well).

Enemy changes though were not to my liking... I preferred Big Bear and Abadede to be OP and mere mobs behaving more like mobs, ads, etc. Big Bear is now like a punching bag sitting on a wheelchair and Abadede as if he got hospitalized, right before fighting you.
Security
Security
Fog

xRainmakerRSx and Final Crash like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:04 pm

I noticed when playing as Rudra now, some of her blitz will actually miss enemies if you start it really close to them, whereas in 5.1 it did the full attack regardless.

Big-Ben

https://iceferno.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:17 pm

Iceferno wrote:I noticed when playing as Rudra now, some of her blitz will actually miss enemies if you start it really close to them, whereas in 5.1 it did the full attack regardless.
 Which isn't so bad, you can lead for really nice infinite combos 😁

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:17 pm

I redownloaded the game and some things changed. I cannot play the game in anything other than full screen (although i can alternate between normal and wide)... Mr.X fight now happens correctly... But the secret mania ending cannot happen, anymore.

I beat both Sor1 route Mr.X and Sor2 Mr.X before, the latter after starting the Bloodknife route then branching to ship Sor2 and the normal ending happened, for both fights. What gives?
Security
Security
Fog

AnderGus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Crash Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:30 pm

Security wrote:I redownloaded the game and some things changed. I cannot play the game in anything other than full screen (although i can alternate between normal and wide)... Mr.X fight now happens correctly... But the secret mania ending cannot happen, anymore.

I beat both Sor1 route Mr.X and Sor2 Mr.X before, the latter after starting the Bloodknife route then branching to ship Sor2 and the normal ending happened, for both fights. What gives?

It is very strange. I have not faced such problem
Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  AnderGus Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:49 am

Security wrote:I redownloaded the game and some things changed. I cannot play the game in anything other than full screen (although i can alternate between normal and wide)... Mr.X fight now happens correctly... But the secret mania ending cannot happen, anymore.

The same thing has happened to me. I had downloaded v5.2 right when a link for it first appeared here in the forums. When I thought that I had lost the original .rar, I went to download v5.2 right on, but, when the download was finished and I noticed the old file hanging out in a folder forgotten by me, I checked the first download and the latest one's CRCs and, guess what, they were different, After running the newest one, I've seen some differences, including the game option quirk described above.
AnderGus
AnderGus
Galsia

Security likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sshadow5001 Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:19 am

AnderGus wrote:

The same thing has happened to me. I had downloaded v5.2 right when a link for it first appeared here in the forums. When I thought that I had lost the original .rar, I went to download v5.2 right on, but, when the download was finished and I noticed the old file hanging out in a folder forgotten by me, I checked the first download and the latest one's CRCs and, guess what, they were different, After running the newest one, I've seen some differences, including the game option quirk described above.
Very bizarre, could some data have become corrupted on reupload? It's definitely not good to have messed up versions floating around out there.
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

Back to top Go down

Post  bareknuckleroo Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:45 am

Stupid question; you did check that you had all cheats turned off, right? That disables the Mania ending if I recall. The CPU partner may disable it too, can't remember if it did in 5.1 as I don't tend to play with CPU.

Nora

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:22 am

bareknuckleroo wrote:Stupid question; you did check that you had all cheats turned off, right? That disables the Mania ending if I recall. The CPU partner may disable it too, can't remember if it did in 5.1 as I don't tend to play with CPU.
No cheats. And that is absolutely certain, because cheats are the last thing i pay Blaze to give me, from her shop.

Clean runs.

Now i can fully present the issues:

1 First download of the 5.2: I could play windowed, secret mania ending would play, Mr.X waiting at the end of route 1 would get stuck in a cutscene esque fashion that never ended.

2 Very recent, new download of 5.2: I could play only fullscreen and NO windowed, secret mania ending couldn't play from NEITHER valid source (Mr.X at the end of sor1 and Mr.X at the end of sor2 routes), but the fight happened normally (sor1 Mr.X) and no freezes came.
Security
Security
Fog

Final Crash and RocketBrews like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  AnderGus Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:31 am

Sshadow5001 wrote:
AnderGus wrote:

Very bizarre, could some data have become corrupted on reupload? It's definitely not good to have messed up versions floating around out there.

It's mathematically impossible, as any small bit of data corruption would handle a .rar unuseful and then impossible to be extracted. Furthermore, this dual-version situation has happened to, at least, two or three people (me included) up to now, which puts the already very unlikely data corruption possibility even further away.

From what I checked, the most serious (game-breaking) bugs are present in the version which is downloadable from the current link in the appropriate section. The first version appears to be almost perfect as I've tried every game-crashing bug cited here until now (including that of the Dr. Dahm/Zero's fight; and the one of the SoR1 Mr. X's fight skipping) and none of them seems to be present in this first version.

Last edited by AnderGus on Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
AnderGus
AnderGus
Galsia

Security likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:34 pm

UPDATE!!!

Apparently, the game treats the aide CPU AI as a "cheat", even though it is not unlocked from the "cheats" panel in Blaze's shop. Same goes for stage select, but i still haven't unlocked that yet. So, forget what i reported about the secret ending not happening.

So, the only real problem so far, seems to be that i cannot play it windowed.
Security
Security
Fog

AnderGus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sshadow5001 Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:08 pm

Security wrote:UPDATE!!!

Apparently, the game treats the aide CPU AI as a "cheat", even though it is not unlocked from the "cheats" panel in Blaze's shop. Same goes for stage select, but i still haven't unlocked that yet. So, forget what i reported about the secret ending not happening.

In the mod folder there is a txt file called system. it should have some options you can change in there. Usually it's set to auto which would allow it to be windowed. When I set it to a different setting I couldn't select windowed mode. Perhaps that's the problem?
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

Security likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Crash Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:45 pm

Skip (ESC) doesn't work
Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

AnderGus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghostpilot Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:09 am

Security wrote:UPDATE!!!

For playing it in a window, give alt+enter a try. I've only ever played it in a window.

And it's a shame about the character changes being what they are; has thrown a wet blanket on an update I'd been excited about.

Ghostpilot
Galsia

Security, Iceferno and RocketBrews like this post

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake V5.2 Glitches/Bugs List Thread - Page 4 Empty Xbox 360 version

Post  loktar Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:59 am

The game does not save on xbox version. It can read a savegame file but not write on it or create a new one.

loktar

Final Crash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:48 am

Ghostpilot wrote:
For playing it in a window, give alt+enter a try.  I've only ever played it in a window.

And it's a shame about the character changes being what they are; has thrown a wet blanket on an update I'd been excited about.
Nope, alt+enter doesn't work for some reason, only alt+tab does. And the option remains greyed out, no matter what you do. But hey, since i can alt+tab my way out to cast a glimpse at other things happening, then that is okay, a half-solution but a solution, nonetheless...

Yes, the characters' change are annoying; as other people noted, playable Electra got substantially nerfed. Max is noticeably less OP, since enemies can interrupt you even in the middle or at the finishing animation of a super-move and all enemies act like a herd of bees, in movement fashion and attack style. The outcome sadly isn't more strategy, but more annoyance. That and Abadede plus Big Bear got totally nerfed to the point of being destroyed; i liked the challenge of beating them in the 5.1 now THAT was "more strategy"!
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next