SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

+47
DarkThief
Garcia75
wonderboy4
Shyning77
MRMIdAS
Krizalid
airic
PurpleWhiteOut
S1mple
E.Signal
lalolanda
trialforce
bufs
Kimono
Marcoscloud
Security
MapleStory
Solid One
AnderGus
Final Crash
LucasHB
vince
Doctrine Dark
Late goodbye
xRainmakerRSx
Blackblade34
QuickHit
Criss
Aggort
Xillatem
bareknuckleroo
Saven
El Gambito
Sshadow5001
E253MechaShadow
Benny26
Mr.Din
zakforradio
Rain
Don Vecta
Kane
Iceferno
Herb1e
Zhinkairi
SORDave
Charco
51 posters

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! Empty Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  Charco Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:38 pm

Yes! I just downloaded from the link posted in the video comments a few minutes ago.

Download it here:

https://sorr.forumotion.net/t838-new-streets-of-rage-remake-v5-2-download-and-info

This is awesome! There's a brand new intro and everything is now in 16:9 widescreen! I just configured my controller, the menu layout has been updated and stuff is easier to find I think. Checking out the Sorr route, this has that new Water Fountain stage shown in the video! I love the new music!

I'll post here my thoughts as I have them! Very Happy

Last edited by Charco on Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Don Vecta, Shyning77, Zhinkairi, Mehdi98 and nmplayer like this post

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  SORDave Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:58 pm

Charco wrote:Yes! I just downloaded from the link posted in the video comments a few minutes ago:

https://sorr.forumotion.net/t838-new-streets-of-rage-remake-v5-2-download-and-info

This is awesome! There's a brand new intro and everything is now in 16:9 widescreen! I just configured my controller, the menu layout has been updated and stuff is easier to find I think. Checking out the Sorr route, this has that new Water Fountain stage shown in the video! I love the new music!

I'll post here my thoughts as I have them! Very Happy

Holy crap that was quick! I really hope they added any other goods besides the ones we know if not maybe they can do it in the next update. Smile

SORDave
Hakuyo

Charco, Zhinkairi and nmplayer like this post

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  Zhinkairi Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:36 am

I look forward for the new fun. Plus, the game will remain the same, but with great upgrades. The character selection stays the same. The series takes place from the first 3 games. It's like a dream match. Cannot wait to mod the sounds and music. I bet the music of soundtrack would be excellent. There will be more once the video to see the whole world watching, featuring new reveals. Modern and vintage are great. I definitely got give this game a test drive.
Zhinkairi
Zhinkairi
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Herb1e Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:56 am

That intro was amazing. I can't wait to give this a try. Gonna do a run now.

Donovan

https://sites.google.com/view/herbgamesonline/home

Charco likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:39 am

Wow, ok, immediately downloading. Very Happy

Big-Ben

https://iceferno.com

Charco likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kane Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:42 am

Wait, What!?
Kane
Kane
Galsia

Charco likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:14 am

Ok, I played a little. The enemies seem more aggressive than I remember, but a few cool things:

- Nice new themes and additional stages
- You can move your 5.1 save data over

I thought there was diagonal dashing, but only Adam seems to have it from what I've tried.

I wish I got asked to do some music, but I'm pretty sure I'll be remixing the new Prologue theme. lol Some good new music in there, but no idea who it's by yet. Could be Gecko Yamori again (now known as Savaged Regime), as the sound seems fairly close to his.

Big-Ben

Charco and Zhinkairi like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Zhinkairi Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:35 am

Iceferno wrote:Ok, I played a little. The enemies seem more aggressive than I remember, but a few cool things:

- Nice new themes and additional stages
- You can move your 5.1 save data over

I thought there was diagonal dashing, but only Adam seems to have it from what I've tried.

I wish I got asked to do some music, but I'm pretty sure I'll be remixing the new Prologue theme. lol Some good new music in there, but no idea who it's by yet. Could be Gecko Yamori again (now known as Savaged Regime), as the sound seems fairly close to his.
Just beat the mode on normal for a starter. And I just wanna complete more. Smile
Zhinkairi
Zhinkairi
Galsia

Charco likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:37 am

Okay so for I've completed the SOR2 Route and I've noticed they touched up on the graphics here and there not bad,just unlocked the CPU Partner & now playing on a new route & holy crap I love it,including the water streams shoot you & enemies in the air!

Im taking the alt path of the park and daaaamn they updated it & they even added the unused trash bins from the SOR2 betas!

And yeah for some reason I just found that out buuuut hopefully they'll tone it down next update.

SORDave
Hakuyo

Charco, Zhinkairi, zakforradio and Iceferno like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:00 am

Shall we add this on the announcements section?

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Charco likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:12 am

Go right ahead Don.

That way we can talk about it more & leave our wants for the next update if they decided.

SORDave
Hakuyo

Charco likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:21 am

I inquired about the music. The new remixes were done by BGM1401 who has apparently passed away recently. Really sad news.

Big-Ben

Charco, Zhinkairi and SORDave like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:44 am

Man,it sucks that he passed away,his remixes for the SORR OST were sick,rip BGM1401. Sad

SORDave
Hakuyo

Zhinkairi and Mehdi98 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kane Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:46 am

Yes, RIP BGM1401 (Paul) sad to hear this. So i tested this on on my Android and it's working, as well as on my PC. Just got my first trophy "A Flash of Brilliance" kill multiple enemies with an exploding barrel. So much to discover yet, but will do tomorrow.

Last edited by Kane on Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Kane
Kane
Galsia

Charco, Zhinkairi and zakforradio like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:20 am

Okay, quick note:

Xenovant's SORlauncher app works well on 5.2, same the palette manager, but considering that now custom palettes can be added inside the mod folder, there's no point unless you want to use your custom palettes in the main game.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Charco and zakforradio like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:49 am

AI got cheapened up, they all nervous, backing off, backing off... now you can't bait them to whiff, they keep waiting and waiting and backing off, Mania got harder and damage was reduced terribly on Axel-1, and since we're not using NattyCat's unofficial patch that improved Axel-1 overall, my first run of SOR1 was shit, lost 2 continues. Abadede's AI got even worse! Couldn't bait him to do his jump attack, he just rush back and then do his clothesline!

Can't say I've got a good impression of this new patch, might need to keep playing but overall the AI feels off again. Might need to tweak the AI to have it as close as 5.1, which I believe was nice enough.

While, on the other hand, the new stages and the new events are awesome, not to mention some of the hidden tracks on retro are awesome. Definitelly we need to explore a lot more on 5.2

Last edited by Don Vecta on Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Rain Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:07 am

There needs to be a and update for sormaker
Rain
Rain
Electra

Zhinkairi and TheGamingPaladin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Zhinkairi Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:19 am

Rain wrote:There needs to be a and update for sormaker
I read you. I wonder what is like having the redesign version of sormaker. Including new mods for anything. Plus, next year will be the 30th Anniversary of Streets of Rage and Sonic, including Fatal Fury & Street Fighter II.
Zhinkairi
Zhinkairi
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:07 am

Glad to hear people are enjoying it! It's definitely a huge update going by the bugtrack, about 300 since v5.1!

The AI has improved greatly, the game is much more of a challenge now, as it should be, v5.1 was a bit of a cakewalk on Normal difficulty. As with any update, it'll take a few playthroughs to get used to the improved AI, looking forward to playing more over the coming days Very Happy

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:25 am

Here's a run of the SOR2 route. Now with a proper tweak removing that Attack Damage nerf, got a nice 1CC run with Max, which got also nerfed as well, but definitely still playable.

Enjoy!

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Charco likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:17 am

Some interesting notes regarding Data folders.

If you want certain custom characters to appear in the main game, it seems you guys might have to make the fpgs now without putting them with noise, as in just mount them, set your control points as you would do and that's it. As for the custom enemy characters it's better to keep them in the mod folders.

Considering a lot of mods are using custom data folder, I recommend you not to delete 5.1 at all if you wanna play old mods, but new mods have to go now through this methods for custom enemies.

More stuff as we keep discovering more details in the transition from 5.1 to 5.2.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Charco and zakforradio like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:19 am

It's great to have all those options so that people can configure the game exactly how they like to play Very Happy

I'm really enjoying the update and so happy that it came out so many years after the initial release.

The new music and the new remixes are a standout to me, BGM1401 did an amazing job. His music will live on in the game forever, RIP Paul Crying or Very sad

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

zakforradio likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:21 am

Don Vecta wrote:Some interesting notes regarding Data folders.

If you want certain custom characters to appear in the main game, it seems you guys might have to make the fpgs now without putting them with noise, as in just mount them, set your control points as you would do and that's it. As for the custom enemy characters it's better to keep them in the mod folders.

Considering a lot of mods are using custom data folder, I recommend you not to delete 5.1 at all if you wanna play old mods, but new mods have to go now through this methods for custom enemies.

More stuff as we keep discovering more details in the transition from 5.1 to 5.2.

Yeah, that new feature will definitely make it much easier for modders Smile

I'm looking forward to seeing old mods revamped for 16:9 too. I'll definitely update mine for v5.2 cheers

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:59 am

There will be a lot of work to change old mods into widescreen... but there are possibilities that can be played in the mod that maybe oly can work on widescreen. We'll experiment in Streets of Kamurocho.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:14 am

Charco wrote:The AI has improved greatly, the game is much more of a challenge now, as it should be, v5.1 was a bit of a cakewalk on Normal difficulty.
No, that's bullshit. Enemy AI should not be hard on lower difficulties. It's why I hate SOR4. They basically kept their behaviour the same from Easy to Mania (only increasing speed and numbers). I'm not gonna be able to progress to higher difficulties in 5.2. I played Hard on 5.1 recently and that was a fair challenge that I felt like I could eventually master. I've got nowhere to progress to with this update.

Big-Ben

nmplayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next