SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

+47
DarkThief
Garcia75
wonderboy4
Shyning77
MRMIdAS
Krizalid
airic
PurpleWhiteOut
S1mple
E.Signal
lalolanda
trialforce
bufs
Kimono
Marcoscloud
Security
MapleStory
Solid One
AnderGus
Final Crash
LucasHB
vince
Doctrine Dark
Late goodbye
xRainmakerRSx
Blackblade34
QuickHit
Criss
Aggort
Xillatem
bareknuckleroo
Saven
El Gambito
Sshadow5001
E253MechaShadow
Benny26
Mr.Din
zakforradio
Rain
Don Vecta
Kane
Iceferno
Herb1e
Zhinkairi
SORDave
Charco
51 posters

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 17 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  Mr.Din Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:14 pm

Heh, Spamming Max's 2 star was boring as hell anyway lol. This guy still has an amazing base blitz attack, insane damage (even with the nerf in balance mode) and really good special moves and standard attacks. Cancelling bear punch into thunder tackle will destroy an entire life bar (or close to it on balanced mode). All the nerf did was remove the blatantly broken stuff. Max is only an inch short of being a god now. :V

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 17 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  bareknuckleroo Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:00 pm

I've put some serious time in as Adam; I'm convinced his new 2 Star Blitz is better than the straight punch was. It has faster startup, and the hitbox is gigantic, much longer than the animation makes it appear. It works wonders for quick knockdowns, whereas his longer 3 Star tends to pass through enemies if used at close range.

The only problem with his multihit blitzes is if you're playing at a slower pause delay, where he'll get locked into their animation longer and be more vulnerable. Enemies are very capable of running behind and hitting you out of blitzes in Mania so Adam's relative safety on his 0 and 2 Star is very handy.

Nora

https://www.youtube.com/bareknuckleroo

Back to top Go down

Post  bareknuckleroo Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:33 pm

Because I hadn't done the SoR3-inspired route in a while and had forgotten about this, for those wondering how to reliably find the console to disarm the bomb, here's the trick to doing it:

Spoiler:

If you don't know the information above, on Mania difficulty you'll only just barely be able to check 4 out of the 6 rooms at most before time runs out and you get the bad ending. That's assuming you don't grab the keycard and then immediately run to beat Shiva before disarming the bomb, of course. Shiva's got too much health on Mania to reliably and safely kill him in the time limit even if you grab the keycard as your first door pick then run immediately to him, and letting the building blow up is not a terribly heroic thing to do, right?

Nora

Final Crash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Crash Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:53 pm

Anyway, I was able to beat him with no problem Smile
Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Late goodbye Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:50 am

On new year's eve (happy new year everyone, btw), i finally found the time to go on a full-on playing binge in V5.2, and the improvements were apparent from the get-go. While the notably increased difficulty took me off-guard, i believe i will adapt to the new challenge soon enough and learn how to deal with the new details in enemy behavior. Resorting to pre-made savestats to unlock all features is off the table for me.

Some changes will take time to get used to, but one that i'm fully onboard with, is the decision to rework the jetski-stages as a (sort of) bonus stage; the limited combat and the frustrating ramp jumps was nothing to stretch out for extended periods, cutting it down did wonders for the overall pacing. The new fountain-stage is quite amazing to look at, and plays very well. Haven't had the chance to give a closer look to SORR-Maker yet, but from what i understand, the mods can now be incorporated in a more modular fashion, omitting the necessity to tinker with the palette files in the main game directory. I will give it a shot ASAP, but from what i gather now, i think it's logical to build my project around V5.2.

I still will keep V5.1 handy for mod compatibility, and because over the years, i've grown fond of the hand-drawn artwork in the intro and outro scenes (the change of direction left me with mixed feelings). Anyhow, my impression so far is, that the benefits far outweigh the downsides. But the most amazing fact i get from this is that the project - against all my expectations - is still being updated. For that alone, the least i owe to the contributors is a whole-hearted "Thank you" for all the hard work you put into this.

I'd really wish there were more positive sentiments towards the new version. It was a much-needed shot in the arm for the whole SORR-project, and it's not like the earlier versions cease to exist because of that.

Galsia

Benny26, Charco, Shyning77 and AnderGus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  MRMIdAS Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:56 am

Hey, old fart from the original bombergames forum checking in, still see some familiar names, so that's fun.

On the topic of 5.2, I'm liking *most* of it, but good god what happened to the AI? Cheap doesn't even begin to describe it, 90% of the time you feel as if you're being constantly robbed, as enemy hurtboxes are seemingly much larger than yours, and they constantly turtle a pixel out of range ready to punish, which, while it's a good idea *in theory* having the AI seemingly *constantly* in that state just makes me want to stop playing and go back to previous versions, where me getting hit was my fault, as opposed to hitbox jank and Mortal Kombat/SNK AI.

So yeah, that's my 2 cents, gone from clearing Very Hard on a credit to not even clearing Hard on 3 Credits. It's just not fun anymore.

MRMIdAS
Galsia

Benny26, Don Vecta, Shyning77 and SORDave like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:04 pm

Glad to see more familiar names on here as of late! Always good to see people from that kick ass forum. Hope all is well with everyone! Very Happy
Saven
Saven

Shyning77 and Puzirkov like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Shyning77 Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:06 pm

Hello everyone, it's been a while ! Very Happy

I hope you guys are doing well, especially in those difficult times of pandemic. I've read for BGM1401, sad news (RIP).

What a surprise it was to see that a new version of SORR has been released ! I sure didn't expect it.

I've done several playthroughs so far, taking every branching path and unlocking all scenes.

The new intro is fitting better with the general look of the game, I think. I just find odd that the shadow of Mr.X in the sky is dithered that much while alpha blending is available.

The new scenes are fresh and nice, but what I appreciate the most in this update is the 16:9 support. Playing the previous version with incorrect aspect ratio on 16:9 screens was a bit of a let down, so that's a real improvement, and it runs amazing !

What I noticed though is that the difficulty is rather unbalanced. The SOR2 route for example is fine for the most part, but some scenes of other routes are really brutal, filled with nasty enemies, even on "EASY". I have to say I still hate the scene where you have to escape an explosion while breaking transparent walls on the way : I can't figure out how to do it properly, and if you fail at the beginning, you have no other choice than letting the scene play by itself till the end, hurting you several times in the process... No fun !

Anyway, I wanted to congratulate everyone involved in this update. You did a damn nice job ! I've seen the bugtrack, and the amount of bugs and glitches that have been fixed in v5.2 is just incredible !

Every time I come across a YouTube video or a Web article about Streets of Rage, I can't help but read the comments, and almost every time, someone talks about SORR. That proves that this remake has made History, way before retro gaming was even a thing. Heck, even after the release of SOR4, an official game developed by a professional team, many people still consider SORR as the best SOR game ever made ! That really says something ! Very Happy

But back to playing SORR v5.2 some more Smile

See you, guys !

Last edited by Shyning77 on Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total

SorR Contributor

Benny26, E253MechaShadow, SORDave, Puzirkov, Iceferno, Late goodbye and Kaarvakian like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:22 pm

Yeah, that's been my criticism of 5.2. The AI is a bit too pixel perfect. As soon as you're in range, you're likely to get hit first by Galsias and Donovans, plus there's iframe priority on some attacks. I'm sure SOR4 was a big influence on this update. 5.2's SOR3 Pause Delay option at least combats this a little (I wish 4 had it).

The widescreen is good and some of the stage updates are really interesting, plus the two new ones that were added in. BGM's new music is great, although I don't quite vibe with all of them. But The Prologue and The Poets II are excellent.

Big-Ben

https://iceferno.com

Shyning77 and SORDave like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  wonderboy4 Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:24 pm

Does anyone know how to turn scanlines on in version 5.2? I have looked through all the menus and searched for the answer online but I cant find anything.

wonderboy4
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Garcia75 Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:25 pm

The game forces me to have fullscreen when using it first!? Is window mode now made unlockable?!?
Garcia75
Garcia75
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sshadow5001 Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:22 pm

Garcia75 wrote:The game forces me to have fullscreen when using it first!? Is window mode now made unlockable?!?

should be windowed mode in the options.
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmNvw20OcpFvDYiaKt9w

Back to top Go down

Post  Garcia75 Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:48 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:
Garcia75 wrote:The game forces me to have fullscreen when using it first!? Is window mode now made unlockable?!?

should be windowed mode in the options.

I can't, it doesn't let me change from fullscreen to windowed. The option is pale, which means it's unavailable and I gotta unlock it by doing something. I just installed v5.2 last night and that's the result I have. V5 can be displayed windowed but not V5.2, that's ridiculous!
Garcia75
Garcia75
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  bareknuckleroo Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:01 pm

This is probably due to this update:

494. Added full screen wide options on system.txt: (this is user advanced and should not be edited unless you are experiencing issues)
- AUTO, lets the game decide the best option
- DESKTOP, forces full screen to be stretched at the desktop resolution
- BORDERLESS, exclusive full screen mode, note that window mode will be overwritten and will NOT work on this setting, not even in 4:3 mode
- BORDERLESS_SYNC, same behaviour as before plus a patch that could possibly fix vsync/frame pacing issues

Go into system.txt found in the game folder and edit the option to be AUTO. That might fix it if the version you downloaded defaults to DESKOTOP or BORDERLESS. I remember I had to go in and adjust it.

Nora

Back to top Go down

Post  Garcia75 Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:55 am

Thank God, managed to fix it. I changed Borderless_sync to Auto. system.txt is actually located in mod
Garcia75
Garcia75
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:00 pm

Why did I not notice this until just now?

Not tried it yet, but I'm already sceptical - I quite liked Elle, but apparently she's terrible again like her original 5.0 version. And while new stages sound good, the basic flaw still remains. (ie. the Dr. Dahm route going back to SoR2 instead of leading to a second "Mr.X is still alive, try another route!" ending)
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Disgaea36 Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:56 am

So does anybody know how to beat this game? Even on easy this thang is hard. 2 continues doesnt cut it with the amount of enemies and cheap shots thrown at you. Cant unclock anything in the shop to help cause i need to beat it at least once snd i tried the sor2 path and the new one no luck. Was having fun but now its just a chore

Disgaea36

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:53 pm

Disgaea36 wrote:So does anybody know how to beat this game? Even on easy this thang is hard. 2 continues doesnt cut it with the amount of enemies and cheap shots thrown at you. Cant unclock anything in the shop to help cause i need to beat it at least once snd i tried the sor2 path and the new one no luck. Was having fun but now its just a chore
You can alter attack damage under Options → Game. There's also an AI editor, but I believe it has to be unlocked.

Big-Ben

https://iceferno.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaarvakian Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:10 am

Shyning77 wrote:Heck, even after the release of SOR4, an official game developed by a professional team, many people still consider SORR as the best SOR game ever made!

I still consider SoRR the true part 4 of the series and, yes, the best thing to ever happen to the SoR series. The sheer amount of passion and talent that went into its creation is beyond measure.

I used to be a part of the SoRRcommunity about 10 years ago and while going through some old hard drives recently I found a copy of 5.1 with my original save on it. Ahh the memories it brought back; pulling out the trusty gamepad, cracking a few beers and chomping pizza inbetween stages. When I realized there werent any mods on the hard drive I came back here to find some and was absolutely stunned to find a 5.2!

I've spent the last 3 days downloading every single mod I could find (approximately 200 now, i havent given a proper count yet) I've been bitten by the SoR fever-bug and I've come to adore it all over again bounce (so much so that I've made an English translation of Un Nuevo Jefe, one of my favourite mods from back in the day) Its a shame the community has died down over the years but maybe 5.2 will help invigorate it a little...

Galsia

Don Vecta likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:16 pm

Well, not really dead, a lot of mods are still under progress and some new have popped up, so yeah, don't think it's dead yet.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Kaarvakian likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaarvakian Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:32 pm

Oh, I didnt mean dead completely. I just mean the traffic has dropped considerably over the years, compared to how it was back in the early to mid 2010s. It's terrific that you guys are still working on new stuff and keeping it going. SoRR deserves that love and respect.
Coming back to the forums after such a long time and reading through some of the posts, I love it when I see people say "SoRR will never die." It always brings a smile to my face.

Galsia

Benny26 and TheGamingPaladin like this post

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 17 Empty RE: Streets of Rage Remake 5.2 is here!

Post  TheGamingPaladin Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:49 am

i imagine that's because most people are either unaware of SORR's existence, dont know about this community or havent seen videos of a popular mod, SORR is sadly quite underground.

personally i hope that changes soon, for the sake of this community and the awesome game tied to it.

TheGamingPaladin
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  FerrFerr Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:32 pm

So has anyone here found a fix to that strange No Sound issue? I've seen some other people report it and it has been talked in the bugs thread (me included, but there was no solution there) but this error straight up dumbfounds me because what its been like a year already, and I have found no solution for it, and all the threads and topics i've seen talking about this error also have offered no solution or people questioning what the hell causes the goddamned error.

To anyone wondering, the game emits no sound at all no matter what option you change in the audio options, the game doesnt even appear in the audio mixer, so its all in dead silence.

At first I thought it was the computer which had win 7, since on my laptop that had windows 8 (yes I know) it ran perfectly, but i updated to windows 10 and surprise! it did nothing. I tried cleaning whatever registry file i could find about sorr in regedit but it did nothing. any clean installation didnt help, updating or reinstalling the audio drivers did nothing either.

Same thing happens in 5.1 too, and this drives me insane cus it used to sound perfectly on the same pc years ago.

Only thing i can think about is that maybe its the SDL files giving me issues? or maybe some weird incompatibility with the audio drivers (my computer has VIA audio) cus so far, this is the only game in my computer that his this particular error.

So yeah, if anyone actually got a solution for this issue i would bless em forever, cus playing the game without any sound is just feels empty.

FerrFerr
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17