SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

+47
DarkThief
Garcia75
wonderboy4
Shyning77
MRMIdAS
Krizalid
airic
PurpleWhiteOut
S1mple
E.Signal
lalolanda
trialforce
bufs
Kimono
Marcoscloud
Security
MapleStory
Solid One
AnderGus
Final Crash
LucasHB
vince
Doctrine Dark
Late goodbye
xRainmakerRSx
Blackblade34
QuickHit
Criss
Aggort
Xillatem
bareknuckleroo
Saven
El Gambito
Sshadow5001
E253MechaShadow
Benny26
Mr.Din
zakforradio
Rain
Don Vecta
Kane
Iceferno
Herb1e
Zhinkairi
SORDave
Charco
51 posters

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 9 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  SORDave Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:36 pm

Anyone noticed that PixelatedBrain's channel is deleated?

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 9 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here!

Post  Herb1e Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:05 am

I just noticed that now, very strange. Maybe he is trying to hide it from sega now that it is released.

Donovan

https://sites.google.com/view/herbgamesonline/home

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:06 am

Could be. So much for future updates. He could've join the fourms instead.

Guess those issues with V5.2 won't be solved at all.

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Final Crash Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:01 am

I had mixed feelings from the renewal. On the one hand, it was cool, on the other hand, there was disgust and I don't really want to play this version. Among the advantages - support for widescreen resolution, a moment with fountains, lengthening the slums, a moment with scooters, a new trick for Max. Controversial moments - a new splash screen, redrawing of endings, mixing of some zones that have no logical connection, music. Of the minuses - a very strange AI of enemies, a problem with hitboxes, oddities with HQ sounds, weakening of characters. The arms reach for 5.1 as it is more balanced. I hope that there will still be a patch Smile
Final Crash
Final Crash
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:12 am

Keep in mind you can adjust most of these things to work like 5.1 for starters the balanced stuff can be reverted to original, hitboxes iirc if you set them to SoR2 or 3 manual it works like they did in 5.1 also the AI editor can readjust the AI to what it was before.

There are some things that can't be changed back, one of those things is Adam's 2 star which I liked at first because of the animation but it lacks the range of the orignal which is a huge problem.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kane Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:14 am

I'm glad i downloaded the video. Had a gut feeling it could potentially be deleted. Hope we see it return or another channel pop up.
Kane
Kane
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:48 am

What exactly is the 5.2? Not a work from Bombergames itself? How it came to be? I downloaded it, feels good, plays well, but for some reason, i still prefer 1.

What is the story with it, could somebody please give an outline? Does it support mods, as well? And why/how it vanished?

Also, what is the deal with some medals flashing, during gameplay? Does it have any sort of achievements, or something? If yes, can you see those anywhere?
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:28 pm

It's unknown who worked on it, but my guess is Bomberlink under a private name. Mods can be copied into it, and need the enable_widescreen file if you want to play in 16:9. And yes, those medals/trophies are the newly added achievements for the game. There are 26 in total.

It was possibly removed in fear of legal action, but I think the main reason it was finally released was in memory of BGM1401, which appears on the end credits upon beating the game. It would be cool at some point in future if we were able to conduct an interview with the dev on 5.2, although that seems unlikely.

Big-Ben

https://iceferno.com

Final Crash and SpideyKeiiti like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:37 pm

Thanks for the info. I regularly check this site, so i was amazed to find out about that. Will play it thoroughly to check things first-hand, then! My only gripe so far, is the enemies going backwards more and attacking less, resulting into a relatively easier Mania difficulty... And Max got a special move with lead-pipe weapon that wasn't available before. Looks nice! I hope they bugfix, at least.
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackblade34 Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:59 pm

SORDave wrote:Anyone noticed that PixelatedBrain's channel is deleated?

Hello guys!

All-right let me go to the main things: 1. I have played this new V5.2 patch a few times now but I realized
a few important things issues and other problems in the project!
First of all: I am sure of 1 important thing: Whoever made this V5.2 patch the person definitely was not
Eduard Luna Bolano not even a member of the Bomberlinks, he probably was just a modder who tried to
make something new and amazing stuff in the project but honestly....I don't think this patch is better than
the previous one(V5.1). I like many things in 5.2 patch the fountain scene the re-contributed Alley, the balance in option menu, but in the main-time the bike-ride and jet-ski scenes are screwed up really bad, Adam's 2nd star move and Max's 3rd star move are nerfed, Shiva and the Trucker are now more easier to beat, the costume character FPG files I made in V5.1 they are not working in the new V5.2 any more and my main issue is he was not even bothered to bring any new stuff or special feature in the SORMAKER program which is kinda disappointment to me.....! Crying or Very sad
I guess he released this patch too early he should have worked much more on it before releasing!
Or maybe it must have been just a revision seriously I dunno but I can see he ain't as good as the
Bomberlink was not even close!

Anyway here is my latest game-play video in V5.2 and hopefully this patch will be re-worked once again soon!!! Very Happy

Blackblade34
Blackblade34
Donovan

Don Vecta and Final Crash like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:03 pm

Wow.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Blackblade34 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sshadow5001 Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:35 am

So I was digging through the files and found these.

Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 9 Wii10
Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 9 Wii_nu10
Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 9 Wii_cl10
Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 9 Ps311
Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 9 Gc11
Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 9 Wiz10
Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 9 Xbox11
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmNvw20OcpFvDYiaKt9w

SORDave likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:55 am

Huh,this is really interesting.

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sshadow5001 Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:47 am

As for whether the BKM Blaze in 5.2 is the same as Natty's mod I've been comparing various sprites. I think they likely used Natty's as a base since some of them are exactly the same but they improved some of the sprites.

eg
Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 9 Blaze_10
Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 9 Blaze_11

Last edited by Sshadow5001 on Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

Don Vecta, Zhinkairi, SORDave, zakforradio and Final Crash like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:50 am

Fascinating.

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Criss Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:04 am

Sshadow5001 wrote:As for whether the BKM Blaze in 5.2 is the same as Natty's mod I've been comparing various sprites. I think they likely used Natty's as a base since some of them are exactly the same but they improved some of the sprites.

eg
Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 9 Blaze_10
Streets of Rage Remake v5.2 is here! - Page 9 Blaze_11

Spoiler alert: 5.2's have nothing to do with any custom ones prior to 5.2's release.
Criss
Criss
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:06 am

Oh really?

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Criss Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:12 am

SORDave wrote:Oh really?

Compare the new SOR2 Blaze sprites (from 3) in 5.2 vs 5.1, then look at the same with BKM Blaze. Just sayin'
Criss
Criss
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:13 am

Ah,okay then.

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sshadow5001 Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:36 am

I know Natty's and 5.2 BKM Blaze are both using SoR2 Blaze as a base, But what I mean is some of Natty's BKM Sprites are EXACTLY the same as the ones found in 5.2 Pixel for Pixel. I don't have PC on right now to pull up the sprites, Will post tomorrow.

The examples I showed were just a couple of the ones that were different, I'm sure there are plenty more.
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

Back to top Go down

Post  Criss Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:06 am

Sshadow5001 wrote:I know Natty's and 5.2 BKM Blaze are both using SoR2 Blaze as a base, But what I mean is some of Natty's BKM Sprites are EXACTLY the same as the ones found in 5.2 Pixel for Pixel. I don't have PC on right now to pull up the sprites, Will post tomorrow.

The examples I showed were just a couple of the ones that were different, I'm sure there are plenty more.

None of new/non-original-BKM sprites are Natty's. None.
Criss
Criss
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sshadow5001 Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:12 am

Criss wrote:
Sshadow5001 wrote:I know Natty's and 5.2 BKM Blaze are both using SoR2 Blaze as a base, But what I mean is some of Natty's BKM Sprites are EXACTLY the same as the ones found in 5.2 Pixel for Pixel. I don't have PC on right now to pull up the sprites, Will post tomorrow.

None of the custom BKM sprites are Natty's. None.
it is possible she didn't make them. All I know is that the BKM Blaze that was a replacer for SoR2 Blaze was contained in one of her released mods (forget exactly which one).
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:43 am

As someone who had access to Nat's character mods we were told specifically not to share them and for the most part they were locked away inside the respective mods they were packaged with. The similarities are very likely due to... Well the same base being used, BKM blaze is pretty much a reskin of Blaze 2 from what I can see.

Either way I don't see this a reason to raise a fuss to be honest. I think there's enough unneeded tension in the community as is. If anything this should be an opportunity to raise awareness about some changes that could be made in a theoretical v5.3.

Forum Elder

SORDave likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:47 am

Yeah I don't see what the fuss about it either?

Sounds good Din,but the question remains,who will handle a potential V5.3?

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:52 am

Assuming B was behind this I'm almost certain he's listening in the shadows lol. There will at least have to be a patch to fix that gamebreaking bug with dr.dahm if nothing else.

Forum Elder

zakforradio likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next