SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What games are you playing at the moment?

+28
pcgamer1`555
bazzza
Xillatem
Shiva
Lithium Flower
KFCutman
Groovemaster303
bareknuckleroo
klares
Jericho_mpm
BigDarsh
Xenovant
iceweb38
Mr.Din
cabo-hicks
The Four Seven
the_master1124
Stevo
William Assunção
Rapha.7
RuffNTumble
Saven
badjab326
Emthree
Benny26
Don Vecta
Charco
32 posters

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 7 Empty Re: What games are you playing at the moment?

Post  badjab326 Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:30 pm

So I finally finished the main story of TBoGT, and it was a fun ride. Definitely the highlight of the IV series and I would love to see Luis or Tony make an appearance in V.

I started playing TLAD just for the sake of completion and it's not as lame as I thought it'd be. But mostly it's cool playing the complete edition, because it Kinda feels like GTAV being able to switch between 3 characters and such.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 7 Empty Re: What games are you playing at the moment?

Post  Benny26 Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:12 pm

Decided to jump into the Civilization series after never trying it before. I'm a really big fan of strategy games like Command & Conquer and Age of Empires, so with all the banging on about how "Civilization is the king of the genre" I thought I'd jump in.

Decided to jump in at Civilization 2 due to people saying that's the best, and so far I'm hooked. Great game to say it was made back in 1996, lots of depth to it. I really have been missing out with this one.

Admin

https://sorr.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:38 pm

I always find it refreshing to hear of someone trying a new series or a new genre that they haven't experienced before, it's where you can find some real hidden gems and it's what gaming is all about!

Speaking of which, with the release of Earthbound this week on the Wii U eShop, I think I will give it a go. It seems to have a combat system similar to traditional JRGs like Dragon Quest, a series and genre I have never played. The graphics, excellent soundtrack, modern setting and sense of humour might just be the thing to get me interested.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:57 pm

Yeah I still don't think I like RPGs. Random battles are a pain in the ass.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenovant Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:51 pm

Charco wrote:Yeah I still don't think I like RPGs. Random battles are a pain in the ass.
You need a shock treatment.

Give a try to Beyond the beyond, for psx: A battle almost every step, hard as hell... You'll love the rest of rpgs with random battles after seeing that    :trollface:
Laughing

Xenovant
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:41 am

Ever give Super Mario RPG a try? No random battles in that.

I would also give some action RPGs a try. Have you ever tried Symphony of the Night at all? I know you like the earlier Castlevania games and you recently tried and liked Super Metroid. SOTN is a blast of a game. Didn't you play through Rondo of Blood? It's a direct sequel to it.

Plus its loaded with some incredible voice acting Razz 
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:15 am

Gonna second the SotN idea. And also mention that I HATE pretty much all rpg's with a passion. But I played through a good chunk of SotN and enjoyed every minute of it (though I was playing as Richter since I can't get used to playing Castlevania without a whip or trident.) The only reason I stopped was because it was kind of inconvenient to play on my PSP.

I'm a fan of CV1 and 2, and an even bigger fan of CV Bloodlines for the Genesis/MD. Also even though Harmony of Despair is kind of a lazy amalgamation of all the 2D CV games after SotN, I must admit it's loads of fun with 2 or more players (PS3 version even has local 4p co-op).

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:52 am

Yeah, I played Earthbound for about an hour, I love the graphics, the music, the setting, and the humour. But my god, just when I am enjoying wandering the game world a snake runs after me at high speed and I have to fight him in the most staccato, annoying battle. I guess I just want to play the game like an adventure game, like Zelda. I have no idea how the battle system works. It just seems to go on forever and all I want to do is continue the story. Then when the battle ends, a stray dog runs over and you repeat the process. No.

Yeah I beat Super Metroid recently and that was really good. I am playing games emulated on my Wii as I prefer playing games on the tv these days, but PS1 emulation is useless on it. I might play something like Terranigma or some other action-rpg that I haven't played before.

I beat New Super Mario Bros. Wii last week too, fun game, but not a scratch on other Mario games. Give me Galaxy 1 and 2 any day.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:46 pm

SotN is available as a download on both PSN and XBLA iirc. Not sure how much you'd be willing to spend on a title you never tried though Razz

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:45 pm

Pfft~! download a PSX emu and get the ROM. Easy.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:13 am

Oh I have the iso, if I get a new laptop and connect it to the tv maybe I will give it a go sometime. Paying for old games is for chumps. Razz 

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:42 am

So I've been playing a bunch of my old roms lately, since I offered to help a friend from work get set up with some emulators of his own. I forgot how awesome some of these games are.

Does anybody know what the most updated emulators are that have netplay? I may be playing a few of these classics online with a friend, and my old methods with Kaillera aren't working anymore Razz

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenovant Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:00 pm

Emulators for genesis, snes,...? Razz

Try planetemu.net, you can find there the latest version of almost every emulator that exists.

Xenovant
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:09 pm

This site is also good: http://www.emulator-zone.com/

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenovant Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:16 pm

Charco wrote:This site is also good: http://www.emulator-zone.com/

NO! Mine's better!!!    *bans Charco*

Laughing

Xenovant
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:56 pm

Thanks guys, I will use both Smile 

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:09 pm

Romnation is also a great site. Tons of arcade games for MAME.

In other note, before I left GZ, been doing a re-run of Batman: Arkham Asylum... yes, I don't have Arkham City yet, that's why I'm preparing myself for it.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:29 am

Don Vecta wrote:Romnation is also a great site. Tons of arcade games for MAME.

In other note, before I left GZ, been doing a re-run of Batman: Arkham Asylum... yes, I don't have Arkham City yet, that's why I'm preparing myself for it.
Thanks!

Also you sir are in for one amazing treat, especially if you get the (highly recommended) GotY edition. Try to beat my scores in challenge mode Razz

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:20 pm

badjab326 wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:Romnation is also a great site. Tons of arcade games for MAME.

Thanks!

Also you sir are in for one amazing treat, especially if you get the (highly recommended) GotY edition. Try to beat my scores in challenge mode Razz
!
And that's exactly what I did for a nice nice price
What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 7 1157459_10151813740305070_1467021263_n

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:14 pm

Enjoy Arkham City, I love that game. I am playing Blackthorne on the SNES at the moment. I remember Saven saying it was a great game and I've seen it on a few best of lists. It's like Prince of Persia with a shotgun! I see it's also on the 32X, are there any differences Saven?

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:22 pm

Charco wrote:Enjoy Arkham City, I love that game. I am playing Blackthorne on the SNES at the moment. I remember Saven saying it was a great game and I've seen it on a few best of lists. It's like Prince of Persia with a shotgun! I see it's also on the 32X, are there any differences Saven?
Yeah, the 32X version is shit.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:57 am

So yeah, I'm back home and finished my first run of Asylum to 100%... then I had to delete the game data in order to install the one of Arkham City (yeah, stupid storage limit of my HD). But when I started to play it, OMG..~! This has to be a great great improvement over Asylum!

Did I tell you I love open world games? I loved the fact that I was able to free roam since the beginning of the game and start to fool around in town before heading to the missions. I guess I'll take my sweet time with this game and explore it all. I'm aiming for another 100% save file.

Oh yeah, about Asylum on Hard... it IS really hard! I don't remember I've lost so many times in normal mode before... in Hard I was seeing very often the fucking Joker mocking at me... definitely Asylum in Hard mode was irritating but fuck them! Got the damn trophy and a 100%!

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:07 am

What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 7 1373669073-ducktales-remastered

Very good game I say. Screw all the haters that are giving it a bad score because its too hard.

But as for the next game I want to play, its going to be either one of these two.

What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 7 1266157-final_fantasy_vi

or

What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 7 Final_Fantasy_VII_Box_Art
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenovant Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:15 am

I have played Duck Tales Remastered... and the truth is that I hate it Razz

Is true that it looks pretty good and some songs sound pretty good too but... it feels like a "soulless" game, like for example the Rocket Knight remake. It's just me or it's easier and slower? It has too much cutscenes for my taste and it has something that I hate a lot: those tutorials for idiots ¬¬

About FF... If you wanna play the original ff6, go ahead, my hack is like a neverending story, when I think that there is nothing else to do, I always find something: a bug that I haven't fixed yet, something dummied that I could add, etc. Laughing

Xenovant
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:56 pm

So I got to the final boss in Blackthorne but he is impossible to beat with those shitty controls. It's a platform game and then they throw a final boss that requires run and gun controls?! Moving on to Super Castlevania IV....

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next