SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What games are you playing at the moment?

+28
pcgamer1`555
bazzza
Xillatem
Shiva
Lithium Flower
KFCutman
Groovemaster303
bareknuckleroo
klares
Jericho_mpm
BigDarsh
Xenovant
iceweb38
Mr.Din
cabo-hicks
The Four Seven
the_master1124
Stevo
William Assunção
Rapha.7
RuffNTumble
Saven
badjab326
Emthree
Benny26
Don Vecta
Charco
32 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 8 Empty Re: What games are you playing at the moment?

Post  Benny26 Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:32 pm

I'm currently playing FreeCiv, a fanmade version of Civilization 2. Somebody decided to build a remake of one of their favorite 90s games from the ground up with lots more polish than the original...sounds familiar yes? Wink 

Difference between this and SORR though is it's open source, people have been polishing the code over the years and made it an awesome game in it's own right now. It does lots of things far better than the original like graphics, diplomacy, menus, A.I...and of course it's a complete time-sink...loving it.

I'm gonna try Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri when i get finished with FreeCiv (in a few hundred years probably lol), see if it's as godlike as people claim it to be in the turn-based strategy world.

Admin

https://sorr.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 8 Empty Re: What games are you playing at the moment?

Post  Saven Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:46 pm

Charco wrote:So I got to the final boss in Blackthorne but he is impossible to beat with those shitty controls. It's a platform game and then they throw a final boss that requires run and gun controls?! Moving on to Super Castlevania IV....
Duck and roll, duck and roll.

It's hard, but it can be done. Smile 
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:36 pm

It's a pain in the arse. On stage 8 of Super Castlevania IV now though. Forgot how great the music was in the game.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:25 am

Charco wrote:It's a pain in the arse. On stage 8 of Super Castlevania IV now though. Forgot how great the music was in the game.
I was actually playing that one recently. Beautiful game! Really made me wish this version of Simon appeared in Castlevania HD instead of the 8-bit version.

Last edited by badjab326 on Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:54 pm

I finished Super Castlevania IV today, really enjoyed it and the music is superb throughout. I know Dracula X on SNES is completely different from the original on PC Engine CD and regarded as the poorer game, but is it worth playing in its own right? The graphics look impressive.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  klares Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:52 pm

metal gear solid 3

I recently finished the 1,2 and 4
klares
klares
Nora

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:58 pm

klares wrote:metal gear solid 3

MGS3 is the best of the series.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:24 pm

Charco wrote:
klares wrote:metal gear solid 3

MGS3 is the best of the series.
Agreed.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:25 pm

Charco wrote:I finished Super Castlevania IV today, really enjoyed it and the music is superb throughout. I know Dracula X on SNES is completely different from the original on PC Engine CD and regarded as the poorer game, but is it worth playing in its own right? The graphics look impressive.
I'd say yes, but mostly because the levels are re-designed from the PC engine CD version. Also Richter is super fun in every game he's in. Bloodlines and Eric LaCarde are still the best though Razz

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:43 pm

Cool, I might check it out so. I normally don't play two games from the same franchise back to back though. Might play Super Mario RPG first.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:42 am

I'm in love with Arkham City and I'm taking my sweet time to complete it. Just now finished the Zsasz hotline sidequest.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:42 pm

Don Vecta wrote:I'm in love with Arkham City and I'm taking my sweet time to complete it. Just now finished the Zsasz hotline sidequest.
I love that side mission. His phonecalls sent chills down my spine.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:48 am

Did I say that I hate those AR training missions? When I completed the ones that gave me the grapple boost I thought they were over but nooooo, there were more to fucking complete and I hate them, especially that one in the fucking industrial area with the Joker's mouth. The batcave voice over grates me to never end: "augmented reality training failed".FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU.....

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:18 pm

Oh I feel you pain!

Just beat Aladdin on the Super Nintendo. Cool game but I hear the Megadrive version is better, must check it out.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:41 pm

Charco wrote:Oh I feel you pain!

Just beat Aladdin on the Super Nintendo. Cool game but I hear the Megadrive version is better, must check it out.
10000000000000000x better.

Pretty difficult though.

Shameless self-promotion: You can always look at my video if you need help Razz
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:11 pm

Started The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse on the SNES after beating Aladdin last week and enjoying that Capcom style. The graphics are great and the music is decent. Might have to continue with the trilogy seeing as I got an IPS patch for the Japan-only part 3.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:45 am

Today i started Batman: Arkham City (GOTY) and I've only been playing a few hours so opinion's only fresh...

It's hard...and stressful...and I'm not enjoying it yet Sad The controls are really screwing me up, one button for climb, run and jump is really getting to me in a bad way (admittedly i did come straight onto Arkham after another open-world game with far different controls). The combat system is good, I'm used to it already since it's the same concept as Sleeping Dogs which a nailed 100%. Problem in AC though is they just will not stay down! Thug bastards take a right pounding...counter system has the same occasional annoying glitch, present also in Sleeping Dogs where it decides not to register and BAM..a bat upside the head urgh! (normally happens when there's two but the game can't decide) ...and guys with guns are like seriously over dangerous also.

Everything else about the game like graphics, VA work and the physics are all top notch from what I'm seeing.I've even tried it in 3D and it's simply amazing. I'll keep going with it and complete it obviously, I'm just hoping that the stress of just the everyday meat of the game gets a bit easier when i have a few more upgrades under the belt. Right now I feel very weak even though I'm fucking Batman! Laughing Hard

Anyway, opinions can change so we'll see....

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:12 pm

It will get easier as you upgrade a bit more. I did a straight run from Asylum into City so it was easier for me to adapt and I experienced most of my problems starting out in AA. There's definitely a learning curve, but before you finish the game you will definitely start to feel like Batman.

If you wanna grind out some training I suggest you head to Riddler's Revenge (challenge mode) and just get used to the system for a while. There's a handful of maps unlocked by default thanks to this being the GotY edition.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:25 pm

badjab326 wrote:It will get easier as you upgrade a bit more. I did a straight run from Asylum into City so it was easier for me to adapt and I experienced most of my problems starting out in AA. There's definitely a learning curve, but before you finish the game you will definitely start to feel like Batman.

If you wanna grind out some training I suggest you head to Riddler's Revenge (challenge mode) and just get used to the system for a while. There's a handful of maps unlocked by default thanks to this being the GotY edition.
Will do Very Happy

I'm on it now and it turns out yesterday i must have been just really tired or something because I'm having a much better time today. I now know what Don means by Augmented Reality pain though...they're a right pain in the arse some of them. Mad 

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  William Assunção Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:45 am

I Started Gran Turismo 3 recently, man, this game looks like a beta version of GT4 [ yes, i played the GT4 before GT3 XD ]

I 'm surprised how this game is differnt from GT4, but anyway, this game is still cool apart from very few cars and circuits in comparasion to GT4.
William Assunção
William Assunção
Donovan

https://www.youtube.com/user/yuriassuncao

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:21 am

I feel your pain about not registering the counter action. This happens sometimes when more than 1 or 2 thugs are about to hit you at the same time: B counters one or two, but that other punk hits you instead when B should have been done a double or triple counter. I've learned to slightly mash the counter button in order to counter everyone, only risk is losing the perfect freeflow combo... but better than being beaten up.

If there's an upgrade I love best (and I recommend to purchase it as soon as possible) is the weapon break special. You have no idea how much I hate the fucking shields and tasers! But that upgrade it's a real pleasure to smash them into pieces.

AC is a great game, but it has so many frustrating moments that doesn't call for an immediate replay. It's the kind of game you'd replay a year later or two... same as AA.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:31 pm

I've been hearing a lot of goodness about that upgrade, It will certainly be purchased the first chance i get. I've just kicked the ass of a pretty badass boss i must say (wont spoil his name just in case), which i really enjoyed. Although now after that boss the riot shield enemy upgrade has come into effect.

Those guys are just...seriously annoying in fights. With no way to counter they're just combo breaking bastards, plus they take a nice little chunk off your health when you forget about them.

Apart from that though I'm actually enjoying the game now, loving taking it nice and slow clearing the city of enemies after every story mission and doing as many side quests i can to fill the time. Riddler trophies can be quite fun to collect also.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:18 pm

Remember to make good use of vaulting over enemies (X, X), it works just as well as counters defensively since it cancels out all hits (except boss and sub-boss enemies unless you vault over them) and doesn't break the combo. It's extremely useful against shield enemies since you can just vault over them, press O and vault again to take them down.

btw Vecta what did you think of the bonus mission Harley Quinn's Revenge?
You guys are really making me wanna re-play Arkham City now, and I was preparing to loan it to a friend. Razz 

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:31 pm

Harley's was a nice sidestory and I like the feeling of continuity it has after the events of AC itself. However, I sensed it was way too straightforward and only one collectible event going on. I was expecting at least one or two small side missions for it. Design wise I love the Harley themed thugs and the new area, but it's a shame that the rest of the AC district is out of bounds. All and all was a nice DLC.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:39 am

badjab326 wrote:Remember to make good use of vaulting over enemies (X, X), it works just as well as counters defensively since it cancels out all hits (except boss and sub-boss enemies unless you vault over them) and doesn't break the combo. It's extremely useful against shield enemies since you can just vault over them, press O and vault again to take them down.
Yeah i know about that, the game pretty much smacks you in the face with all the know-how Razz..Hints must be on by default.

Another note: trying to clean up the cat woman trophies in the steel mill is a right pain in the arse...can't even get through the industrial district without a sniper picking my ass off. She really is a lot worse than Batman at moving around I've noticed. Cool Silent takedowns though, I certainly wouldn't moan at being knocked out and having her legs wrapped around my face like that Laughing

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next