SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Games where you shoot people XD (Shooting Games Talk)

4 posters

Go down

Games where you shoot people XD (Shooting Games Talk) Empty Games where you shoot people XD (Shooting Games Talk)

Post  KFCutman Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:22 pm

This is just a little topic that I made because I honestly enjoy Infinite Ammo + UZI in SoRR, where I just talk about fun shooting games where you blast the foe until they die.
For your game to be considered a shooter, It has to contain some sort of ranged weapon. They can be first person, third person, even platformers. Note that this shooting element has to be the core mechanic, not something small like in SorR.

Examples: Contra, Call of Duty, Metal Slug.

(Moved the TF2 part to a new post)

Last edited by KFCutman on Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

-teh deemomanz wuz hr3
KFCutman
KFCutman
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Games where you shoot people XD (Shooting Games Talk) Empty Re: Games where you shoot people XD (Shooting Games Talk)

Post  Lithium Flower Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:02 pm

PAYDAY 2 is one I got into a while ago (not too happy about it now due to the recent micro-transactions bs), just shoot up cops while you pull of merc jobs was satisfying as fuck.

Also Hotline Miami 2 had a much better gun system and going all Rambo was so damn fun.

Galsia

Back to top Go down

Games where you shoot people XD (Shooting Games Talk) Empty Re: Games where you shoot people XD (Shooting Games Talk)

Post  KFCutman Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:23 pm

WARNING: Long summary of TF2!:

Last edited by KFCutman on Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total

-teh deemomanz wuz hr3
KFCutman
KFCutman
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:58 pm

If you liked Metal Slug and Contra then go for Irem's Gunforce 2 (aka Geoforce) and Saurus's ShockTrooper (the first is the best to me, but both are great). Trust me, those two game are top notch (on par with Metal slug).

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  KFCutman Sat May 14, 2016 5:11 am

BigDarsh wrote:If you liked Metal Slug and Contra then go for Irem's Gunforce 2 (aka Geoforce) and Saurus's ShockTrooper (the first is the best to me, but both are great). Trust me, those two game are top notch (on par with Metal slug).

I've never played ShockTrooper, but a bit of backstory on Gunforce 2: Developers who worked on that game left Irem and formed Nazca and created Metal Slug, before SNK purchased Nazca and made the games themselves.

As for best Metal Slug game, it's a close tie between X, 3 and its mutated crabs, 4 and its peculiarity, and 5, even though SNK Playmore stepped on all the humor the games were known for.

-teh deemomanz wuz hr3
KFCutman
KFCutman
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  graylandertagger Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:28 pm

Let me spice this thread up.  While we are on the subject of shoting games, my favorite game of all time is Doom 2 Hell on Earth.  Even today there's a ton of mods and total conversions that are in development(most of which you can find on Doomworld/idgames.com/) and I still play them.  The first time i've ever played a Doom game was a BJ's when I played Doom 64 for a few minites.  However back then my parents didn't have enough faith in my self-control back then to let me play MA-17 games back then.  The first time I played the original Doom wasn't on the PC, but the Gameboy Advance in which I got a GBA copy for Christmas.  I found myself hooked to the game and the feel that it had.  

Little did I know was that the best had yet to come as back then I had yet to play the greatest game in the series.  Doom 2:Hell on Earth.  Then one day, I had found a GBA copy of Doom 2 and bought it immediately.  I was amazed at all the new unique new enemies the game had and the various techniques that were required to fight them.  From the moment I killed the two zombies in front of me at the start of the game, to the moment I pumped my rockets into Baphomet(a nickname sometimes given to the final boss), every moment was filled with excitement.  The only 2 flaws the GBA port of the second Doom game had was minor slow down and hit detection issues(the hit detection takes getting used to, but one could over come it with proper combat positioning).  My greatest joy however was playing through the game on Nightmare mode(in the GBA vision Nightmare mode is equivalent of Ultra-Violence).  Time after time again I had died, but learned something in the process.  New techniques.  New skills.  New maneuvering tactics.  I eventually played the expansion pack for Doom 2 on the PC(which didn't get a GBA port) Final Doom and was blown away by how balls hard it was, but at the same time was disappointed by the lack of additions, but hey!  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  

Little did I know was that even after that my joy with Doom 2 was just beginning.  On day I bought two games.  Master Levels for Doom 2(a 1000 level expansion pack for Doom 2) and Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga.  At first I didn't understand how to get Master Levels for Doom 2 and even when I did I found the levels on it to mostly be utter crap, but eventually Master Levels caused me to learn how to get Doom 2 add-ons to work.  However in the beginning when I started playing Doom add-ons(or WADs as they called them) I had trouble getting wads ment for source engines(enhanced versions of the Doom engine) such as Zdoom(the most popular Source engine for Doom) to work since none of them came with their own launcher for launching mods, but eventually I was able to find an add-on launcher for Zdoom and before I knew it, I was embracing Doom like I never had before.  New add-ons with new weapons, enemies, features, Everything!  

My favorite mods are as followed:

Doom mods:Super Sonic doom, Batman Doom, Legacy of Suffering, Zbloodpack, the Chosen, Doom 64 the Absolution, Action Doom, Action Doom 2 Urban Brawl, Neo Doom, Beautiful Doom, Claustrophobia:the Walls Close In, Unloved, Equinox, Cold as Hell Special Edition, Zen Dynamics, Doomdream, Nimrod, We're All Dead Here, Epic 1 and 2, Remain 3, Demons of Problematique 1 and 2, Fusion Mapping, Desert Horror, Time of Sarrow, Sacrment, Titian 2, Realm of Cheogsh, Transport Tycoon's Epic Fall, Temple of Choas 2, Short n' Quick, Church(followup to We're All Dead Here), Combat Shock 1 and 2, Lunatic, Stronghold:On the Edge of Choas, Coffee Break, Full Options, Doom Center, S.T.R.A.I.N., Ultimate Tortment and Torture, Psychophobia, Dolphin's Dream, Caverns of Darkness, City Assualt, Hell Ground, Soul Crusher, Ultimate Doom Forever, Hadephobia, Testae Virtus, Deus Vault 2, BGPA Missions:Liberation, Doom2 meets Zdoom, Firetop Mountain, The Eye, Trust, Happy Birthday Pavera, Hell Bound, Doom 2 the Way ID Did, Doom 2 Reloaded, After the Holocaust, Hell Void, Hydra, Ice Rial 2, Brotherhood of Ruin:Lost Temple, Frozen Time, Phoebe, Pirate Doom, Monster Hunter Ltd. 1 and 2, Axiom, Vault, Back to Saturn X E1: Get Out Of My Stations, Winters Fury, Stomper, Unholy Realms, You Dig, ZDoom Community Map Project 2, Bloody Steel, Lego Base Enhanced, Temple of the Lizard Men 1, 2 and 3, Alkylation, Doom:Golden Souls, Brutal Doom, S-Project, Discovering the Hell:The 5 Worlds,  Mayan Mishap, Whitemare 2, Going Down, Bauhaus, Storage Bay, Nukage Processing, The Place, Mayhem 2048, Five Rooms of Doom, Demon Trench XL, Somewhere in Irem, Innocence:The New Technology, Kusok, Sonic Robo Blast 2, Urban Brawl:Dead of Winter, Knee Deep in the Jungle, Gateway Experiments:Prime Directive, Fear Station Bravo, Project Brutality, 2048 Unleashed, Freedoom, Strange Aeons, Brutal Doom Starter Pack, Columbine Doom(kinda tasteless, but I couldn't help myself), Prodoomer, Doom:Threshhold of Pain, Comatose, Distress Call, Nerves of Steel Remake(remake of a terrible game), Hacx:Twitch and Kill,

Most of these mods can be downloaded from Doomworld.com
https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/

My top ten favorite Doom mods are as followed:

Top ten Doom mods:
1.Project Brutality
2.Stronghold:On the Edge of Choas
3.Prodoomer
4.Psychophobia
5.Brutal Doom Starter Pack
6.Zbloodpack
7.Action Doom 2:Urban Brawl
8.Back to Saturn X E1:Get Out Of My Stations
9.Soul Crusher
10.BGPA Missions:Liberation
Runners up:Pirate Doom,Combat Shock 2, Freedom, Going Down, Doom 64:The Absolution, Neo Doom, Claustrophobia:The Walls Close In, Ultimate Torment and Torture, Doom:Golden Souls, S.T.R.A.I.N., Winters Fury, Strange Aeons

With all this excitement I was pumped to play Doom 3 which was in development hell back then.  A game that was a remake of the original Doom.  I found myself constantly thinking about the damn game every second of every day.  The wait was driving me fucking nuts.  Sadly what I got simply wasn't what I wanted.  No depth.  No technique.  No skill.  Graphics were great, but that didn't hide the lack of technique.  The game couldn't decide if it wanted to be a horror shooter or an old school shooter(the game simply isn't scary once you look past the graphics).  Let me provide an example of technique in Doom 2:Hell on Earth for those of you about to call me crazy.  In Doom 2 you had the Archvile.  A swift bastard that was quick on his feet and capible of casting a hitscan spell that can only be avoided by taking cover.  The player could either pump him full of rockets at a distance or alternate between firing the double barrel shotgun and taking cover.  The Renevant on the other hand which I viewed one of the more annoying enemies duirn my teenage hood(the sound of his scream would always scare the shit out of me simply because how hard he was) fired a heat seeking missile which forced the player to take cover.  However two rockets would end him quickly sometimes before he could get off a shot. Those two examples were part of the countless techniques that I used when I was playing Doom 2 on the GBA and Final Doom on the PC.  Sadly Doom 3 suffers from shallow gameplay lacking any skill or technique that made the originals kick so much ass to begin with.  In the end it's not a question of "Doom 3 will never be released." but "Doom 3 probably should never have been released" because nothing they make could live up to 4 years of anticipation.  Reality will always disappoint to the things we can imagine, because everything I imagine consists of Japanese cosplayers with whip cream lactating out of their breasts.  I loved the originals so much that I wrote up an idea for a Doom game called Doom:Seven Sons in which the player has a variety of abilities to dodge enemy attacks.  As for many of the other problems in Doom 3 i'd rather direct you to Noah Antwilers(Spoonyone) review of the game as his review mostly sums up my feelings for the game(I wish he'd make a video review of the game in the future):
http://spoonyexperiment.com/doom-3/

As for other first person shooters my other favorites are Half Life, Half Life 2, Stalker Shadow of Chernobeyl, Blood(that's the actual name), Marathon(made by the people behind Halo) and Fallout 3.  

This is a list of my top ten favorite first person shooters.  

Top ten First Person Shooters:
1.Doom 2:Hell on Earth
2.Half Life 2
3.Marathon
4.Blood
5.Doom 4(i'm calling it Doom 4.  Not Doom 2016.  Get over it)
6.Stalker:Shadow of Chernobeyl
7.Fallout 3
8.Deus Ex
9.Turok 2:Seeds of Evil
10.Star Wars Jedi Knight 2:Dark Forces
Runners up:Duke Nukem 3D, Mirriors Edge, Golden Eye, Borderlands, System Shock, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Condemned, Bioshock Infinite, Urban Choas Riot Response, Crysis, Dishonored, Halo
graylandertagger
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down