SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What games are you playing at the moment?

+28
pcgamer1`555
bazzza
Xillatem
Shiva
Lithium Flower
KFCutman
Groovemaster303
bareknuckleroo
klares
Jericho_mpm
BigDarsh
Xenovant
iceweb38
Mr.Din
cabo-hicks
The Four Seven
the_master1124
Stevo
William Assunção
Rapha.7
RuffNTumble
Saven
badjab326
Emthree
Benny26
Don Vecta
Charco
32 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

What games are you playing at the moment? Empty What games are you playing at the moment?

Post  Charco Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:27 pm

Thought this might be an interesting idea for a topic. Tell us what you are playing/have been playing recently, something new? Retro? Let us know!

I'll kick things off. I have been messing around with getting some new emulators running on my hacked Wii and tonight I played 1941 Counter Attack and Magic Sword on CPS1. Been playing Rushing Beat Remake by Don Vecta and still working my way through Red Dead Redemption on my PS3.

How about you guys?

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

What games are you playing at the moment? Empty Re: What games are you playing at the moment?

Post  Don Vecta Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:12 pm

One of the YouTube channels of Gta, GTAseriesvideos or something like that, started not so long ago a full re-run with cut scenes of the GTA IV games (the IV original, Lost and Damned and Gay Tony) and is playing it in chronological order. That made me do the same and I'm doing a whole run with the 3 games in chronological order as well (and completing the TBoGT missions at 100% which are a fucking bitch to do).

Not long ago also had some runs on Rushing Beat AND Rival Turf as ripping/enemy positioning, difficulty leveling pruposes so I released the mod based on it. Hope you guys played it already.

Needless to say, I do still play v5 and the mods when I'm on the PC. So now, still highly strung on SORR.

Last edited by Don Vecta on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

What games are you playing at the moment? Empty Re: What games are you playing at the moment?

Post  Benny26 Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:16 pm

Nothing going on with the PS3 at the moment, and i have a feeling mine will be out of action for some months yet. The only thing I'm gunning for is GTAV at the moment.

PC wise: I've just transferred my PS2 gaming library onto the PC (and almost used up my entire 500gb HDD!). I decided because I'm building a new monster rig that I'd make it a full gaming center PC; At the moment i have emulators for Gameboy, Arcade, SNES, Sega Genesis, PS1 and PS2. I've been lacking a PS2 console for far too long now so it's going to be awesome to play so many of the oldies like Red Faction/Timesplitters/Bully/GTA Vice again, in far better quality than a PS2 console can offer also.

And of course every Sunday i have a 2-player bash at SorR with my bro. Yesterday was the turn of the fantastic V4 remake mod, which was awesome to play as always Smile

Admin

https://sorr.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:19 pm

Benny26 wrote:And of course every Sunday i have a 2-player bash at SorR with my bro. Yesterday was the turn of the fantastic V4 remake mod, which was awesome to play as always Smile

Yay!

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Emthree Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:33 pm

I played and beat Antichamber this weekend. Short game, but I definitely don't regret spending 15 bucks for it. It's very clever, very innovative, and has one of the most beautiful original soundtracks I've heard in video games. Going to 100% it, have friends play it, and then wait for more from the dev. PC players, don't miss it !

Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:19 am

@ benny that sounds awesome man, good luck with that and I'd love to see some videos of it in action when you finish.

Been playing the IV series as well. Starting with replaying IV then move to TLAD then TBoGT. Also I pop in Arkham Asylum and Arkham City every now and then for some challenge mode fun.

And of course I'm keeping up with the FG scene playing UMvC3 and TTT2 when I have spare time.

I'm thinking of getting into some MegaMan games soon. I like long running series that have a vast universe.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:45 am

I recently went through Super Mario 64 again and got all 120 stars. It was a lot easier than I remembered it to be, usually have trouble with it.

Currently trying to find a new game to play at the moment. I just hooked up my Dreamcast again and thinking about buying some games for it. If not, it will be Shenmue or something again.

EDIT: But yeah, I definitely need to update my DC collection. The only games I have for it are Shenmue, Sonic Adventure, and Grandia II Laughing
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:49 am

badjab326 wrote:@ benny that sounds awesome man, good luck with that and I'd love to see some videos of it in action when you finish.

You shall Very Happy

Admin

https://sorr.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:38 am

Saven wrote:I recently went through Super Mario 64 again and got all 120 stars. It was a lot easier than I remembered it to be, usually have trouble with it.

Currently trying to find a new game to play at the moment. I just hooked up my Dreamcast again and thinking about buying some games for it. If not, it will be Shenmue or something again.

EDIT: But yeah, I definitely need to update my DC collection. The only games I have for it are Shenmue, Sonic Adventure, and Grandia II Laughing
Not to promote piracy or anything, but you do realize that DC is the EASIEST console to burn games for right? You don't even have to modify the console. Anyway I suppose I could make a few DC recommendations that you might wanna play... or buy Razz Most of them are arcade ports though.

Cannon Spike - Not exactly lengthy, but a pretty cool arcade style shooter with lots of nice Capcom cameos. (Charlie, Cammy, Arthur, Mega Man and more are playable)

Crazy Taxi 1-2 - Great games, but they're more challenge based than story based. It's basically the arcade games + but you may as well get these on PSN now if you decide to buy them.

Dynamite Cop - Die Hard Arcade 2. Nuff said. (recommend getting a gamesave for this since unlocking Cindy is impossible without it and Unlocking Bruno's DHA costume takes forever.

Confidential Mission - I played it quite a bit in arcades, it's much better if you have a lightgun, which I don't. Kinda like Time Crisis meets James Bond.

Rise of the Triad - due to the DC's lack of security, this PC fps got ported to the dreamcast. I never made it all the way through but if you like games like Doom I highly recommend you burn this one.

And as I'm sure you know, the DC has tons of good fighters.

IE: Capcom vs SNK2, Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves, Guilty Gear X, King of Fighters 99 Dream Match (imo the best in the series), MvC 2, Power Stone 1-2, Project Justice, Ready 2 Rumble, Soul Calibur, SFA3 (psp version is still the best, but this is a close 2nd), Virtua Fighter 3TB, and many more but I tried to list the console exclusives.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:57 am

Thanks for the recommendations badjab, a few I've already looked at, but some I haven't yet.

But yeah, I knew about burning games on a cd. I don't have any cds though. Razz
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:16 pm

Really enjoying some retro stuff this week. Last night I was playing some Super Mario World. This game is as close to perfection you can get in my eyes.
What games are you playing at the moment? Super%20Mario%20World%20%28U%29

Also played a bit of Starfox. This was such a ground breaking game at the time and really surprised a lot of people with what the SNES could do with that new SuperFX chip. I absolutely love the music in this game too.
What games are you playing at the moment? Star%20Fox%20%28J%29

Now that SEGA Mega CD games can be emulated on Wii, I played around a bit with Sonic CD. Wicked game with a great soundtrack (yes, I have both the US and Jap versions Razz).
What games are you playing at the moment? 78

Also played a bit of Rival Turf/Rushing beat on the SNES after playing Don Vecta's new mod. Can't say I really enjoyed the feel of it though. I think I'll stick with the Sormaker mod Smile
What games are you playing at the moment? Rushingbeatranfukuseitoshi_00002

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:08 pm

I started to play myself Rushing Beat Ran but... I dunno, while the stages are definitely gorgeous and the game mechanics has been refined from the first one, I don't like the enemies. They look so generic and so... I dunno, sci-fi? I like to beat punks and gangsters in a beat 'em up, not soldiers or guards of a corporation or labs, I dunno.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:19 pm

Don Vecta wrote:I started to play myself Rushing Beat Ran but... I dunno, while the stages are definitely gorgeous and the game mechanics has been refined from the first one, I don't like the enemies. They look so generic and so... I dunno, sci-fi? I like to beat punks and gangsters in a beat 'em up, not soldiers or guards of a corporation or labs, I dunno.

REMAKE!! Razz

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

What games are you playing at the moment? Empty click, click, click

Post  RuffNTumble Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:02 am

I just recently finished Titan Quest and have now started Diablo 2.
Originally a console gamer, I did find it tough to play these, having to relinquish manual control of a shield to an algorithm for example, and I'm not terribly into farming areas over and bloody over for a glowing sock, but I am finding them fun timesinks with great graphics.
RuffNTumble
RuffNTumble
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Rapha.7 Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:28 am

I've been playing Assassin's Creed 3 and Far Cry 3 on the PS3, and also Earthworm Jim Special Edition on KEGA emulator.
It doesn't matter how many new games from this generation I play, the old ones will always be with me. And Earthworm Jim is one of the funniests games I've ever played. Completely insane! What a Face
What games are you playing at the moment? 2_earthworm_jim

For everything to be right.
Rapha.7
Rapha.7
Galsia

http://r7r7p7.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:34 pm

Rapha.7 wrote:I've been playing Assassin's Creed 3 and Far Cry 3 on the PS3, and also Earthworm Jim Special Edition on KEGA emulator.
It doesn't matter how many new games from this generation I play, the old ones will always be with me. And Earthworm Jim is one of the funniests games I've ever played. Completely insane! What a Face
What games are you playing at the moment? 2_earthworm_jim

Haha, I was actually playing a bit of Earthworm Jim on Mega CD last weekend Smile Good fun! I hear Far Cry 3 is superb.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:50 pm

You guys try Earthworm Jim HD? I've got a friend who's an EJ fan as well and I was wondering if I should recommend it to him.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Rapha.7 Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:18 pm

badjab326 wrote:You guys try Earthworm Jim HD? I've got a friend who's an EJ fan as well and I was wondering if I should recommend it to him.

It depends on what you care about a remake. This one has some new stages, a 4-Player Co-Op, good backgrounds, it's in HD... But unfortunately the animations aren't so fluid, and the sounds are not as funny as the original. The soundtrack has little changes, but no big deal.
Definitely the Sega CD version is the best. But I think EJ HD is a good game for someone who likes to play different versions of a game.

Charco wrote:I hear Far Cry 3 is superb.

And it's so right! A big beautiful scenery to explore, good plot and characters, awesome multiplayer, and lots of other features to enjoy. cheers

For everything to be right.
Rapha.7
Rapha.7
Galsia

http://r7r7p7.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  William Assunção Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:37 pm

I play Gran Turismo 4 and some SF games on my PS2, soon i will try play Devil may cry 1 again.

on my PC i play SORR V5 sometimes [ main game and Sormaker mods ] some MK games and SOR and Sonic hacks and soon i will try play some racing games too.

Saven wrote:I recently went through Super Mario 64 again and got all 120 stars. It was a lot easier than I remembered it to be, usually have trouble with it.

I'don't like promote piracy but this time i have to agreed with Badjab, btw, i reccomend some awesome DC games too.

Sonic Adventure 2 [ best Sonic 3D game imo ] and yes, i have the legendary SA2 birthday pack XD, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Street Fighter 3: Double impact and 3rd Strike, Super SF2 X/Turbo grand master challenge [ best console version imo ] Power Stone 1 and 2, Crazy Taxi 1 and 2, Divi-Dead [ unofficial port but if you like visual novels you will love this game for sure XD ] Cannon Spike and Capcom Fighting Collection [ unnoficial game but this collection have tons of games and extras like Super SF 2 turbo/X with menu translated to english, Ikaruga, SF3 3rd Strike, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Capcom vs SNK 2 and Super puzzle fighter 2 turbo ( japanese and menu translated to english ) and complete saves for thoses games ]

and only for curiosity: sega smash pack vol.1 [ this collection have some Mega Drive/Genesis games but in poor emulation song [ song like a mix of 8 and 16 bits ] but gladly have Virtua Cop 2 in a good port.
William Assunção
William Assunção
Donovan

https://www.youtube.com/user/yuriassuncao

Back to top Go down

Post  Stevo Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:27 pm

Holding out for Crysis 3 & Metal Gear this week, looking forward to getting stuck into them. Retro wise it's been classic RE. Also still playing Diablo 3 on the PC.
Stevo
Stevo
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:44 pm

Just played a few NES games this week. I also played a few PSN demos today: DmC, Ni no Kuni, and Metal Gear Rising

- DmC: Yeah, the faggy twilight redesign sucks, but the gameplay seemed pretty fun. I never played too many DMC games before, but this seemed pretty cool. I might pick it up after it drops in price.

- Ni no Kuni: Supposedly the jrpg game that will bring the genre back to life. Yeah....it's not happening. The demo throws you right into a boss without explaining the battle system and you will die. But yeah, it's just like Pokemon, except there is only one good pokemon to choose from. Graphics were pretty cool and it was very nice seeing a world map again, but it seemed like a meh game overall.

- Metal Gear Rising: Reveangance: I had my doubts about this one considering how over-the-top it looked and its placement in the timeline (huge MGS fanboy here), but I gave it a chance. I must say, I enjoyed it and it seems like a lot of fun. Easily my favorite of the demos I played and I think I will be picking this one up tomorrow when it comes out. Smile
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Saven wrote:Just played a few NES games this week. I also played a few PSN demos today: DmC, Ni no Kuni, and Metal Gear Rising

- DmC: Yeah, the faggy twilight redesign sucks, but the gameplay seemed pretty fun. I never played too many DMC games before, but this seemed pretty cool. I might pick it up after it drops in price.

If you must, I insist that you get this as well.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  the_master1124 Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:38 am

I think I'll get it for the PC.

But right now, I am playing Super Mario Bros 2: Yoshi's Island.
I am using the Emulator Higan with Accuracy core,
and it frustrates me when the title screen causes my computer to hiccup

Last edited by the_master1124 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add)

the_master1124
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:11 am

the_master1124 wrote:I think I'll get it for the PC.

Use Snes9x Next in the new RetroArch emulator for PC.

So, I finished Starfox last week, great game and love the music. Last night I was playing a bit of X-Men: Children of the Atom.

What games are you playing at the moment? 2Q==

I can see why badjab and many otehrs love the music on CPS2 games, it is absolutely AWESOME on this one. I also preferred the gameplay in this and Marvel Super Heroes before those crazy super jumps were added in the VS games. I can never tell where my opponent is or where I am going to land!

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:57 pm

Charco wrote:
the_master1124 wrote:I think I'll get it for the PC.

Use Snes9x Next in the new RetroArch emulator for PC.

So, I finished Starfox last week, great game and love the music. Last night I was playing a bit of X-Men: Children of the Atom.

What games are you playing at the moment? 2Q==

I can see why badjab and many otehrs love the music on CPS2 games, it is absolutely AWESOME on this one. I also preferred the gameplay in this and Marvel Super Heroes before those crazy super jumps were added in the VS games. I can never tell where my opponent is or where I am going to land!

Yeah, MSH and CotA have the best cps2 music hands down. While MvC1 gets an honorable mention. Actually MSH has super jumps as well, but the pace isn't quite as fast as the later games.

If you ever wanna play some CPS2 games online, give me a shout. I haven't played against anyone in quite a while and I kinda wanna try out GGPO.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next