SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What games are you playing at the moment?

+28
pcgamer1`555
bazzza
Xillatem
Shiva
Lithium Flower
KFCutman
Groovemaster303
bareknuckleroo
klares
Jericho_mpm
BigDarsh
Xenovant
iceweb38
Mr.Din
cabo-hicks
The Four Seven
the_master1124
Stevo
William Assunção
Rapha.7
RuffNTumble
Saven
badjab326
Emthree
Benny26
Don Vecta
Charco
32 posters

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 10 Empty Re: What games are you playing at the moment?

Post  klares Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:14 pm

Fist of the North Star: Ken’s Rage 2

What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 10 Tyaz
kenshiro is the true god of war!  Cool 

regards
klares
klares
Nora

Back to top Go down

What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 10 Empty Re: What games are you playing at the moment?

Post  Charco Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:23 am

So yeah, I finished God of War Ascension and I can safely say that I won't be playing it again. Pretty poor effort.

Next up is Tomb Raider, played the first hour or so and I must say I am very impressed, seems like I am going to enjoy this one for sure.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Groovemaster303 Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:41 pm

Charco wrote:So yeah, I finished God of War Ascension and I can safely say that I won't be playing it again. Pretty poor effort.

Next up is Tomb Raider, played the first hour or so and I must say I am very impressed, seems like I am going to enjoy this one for sure.

Being a fan of God Of War, I agree Ascension was quite poor for a GOW game. Can't quite put my finger on if it was GOW fatigue or that it was just a bad game but something didn't sit right.

Tomb Raider on the other hand I thought was fantastic.

Groovemaster303
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:38 pm

Groovemaster303 wrote:
Being a fan of God Of War, I agree Ascension was quite poor for a GOW game. Can't quite put my finger on if it was GOW fatigue or that it was just a bad game but something didn't sit right.

Pretty much how I felt. I think the series really needs to be put to rest for awhile.

The last game I did play and beat was Tomb Raider.

What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 10 199040_28061_front

This old school classic Tomb Raider. Razz 

Besides a couple control issues and some obviously outdated graphics, I still think this game holds up surprisingly well.

I was thinking about replaying through TRII recently and finally going around and beating all of the others, but with school getting in the way and how I feel one of the levels in TRII is cursed (every time I get to a certain level in that game, I get into a real life car crash), so I kinda don't want to play it at the same time. Razz 

As far as the new Tomb Raider......I'm still up in the air about it. I am getting this feeling that I will be really disappointed by it since it looks so radically different from the other ones. I will probably pick it up when its cheap ($60 for a special edition is fucking retarded).
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:26 pm

I only heard good things about the last Tomb Raider, even though it always looked like a linear QTE-filled-Uncharted-like game to me.
Don't forget not to play TRIII, that bloody awful mess of a game!

BTW, which TRII level got your cursed everytime? Razz

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:48 pm

iceweb38 wrote:I only heard good things about the last Tomb Raider, even though it always looked like a linear QTE-filled-Uncharted-like  game to me.
Don't forget not to play TRIII, that bloody awful mess of a game!

BTW, which TRII level got your cursed everytime? Razz

I have very fond memories of TRIII as a child. Fuck the level Temple Ruins. Mad 

But anyways, the level that's cursed in TRII is Temple of Xian, and it literally happens in the same place too when I need to save and do something else, towards the end before you reach the lava/bloodbath area.

Don't want to resort to level skipping because I don't cheat in games anymore and especially since I would be missing out on the game's ultimate challenge right there.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:40 pm

So I completed Tomb Raider tonight and I must say I really enjoyed it. Graphics were great, sound and voice acting (for Lara) were great and the controls were tight. It's like a mixture of Uncharted, Metroid, Batman Arkham series and the movie The Descent. Good news then, as I like ALL of these things.

Recommended.
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Groovemaster303 Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:33 am

The first time I played through Tomb Raider (2013) I did feel as though it was too much like Uncharted. But during the last year I've played it through on PS3 (original playthrough) PC twice (Steam sale FTW) and most recently the PS4 version.
I'd probably go as far and say it was my GOTY for 2013 as I very rarely play through games twice as I play so many different games. But Tomb Raider has something, I can't quite put my finger on, that just makes it just a fun game to play through again and again.

As for the older Tomb Raider games. I've never been a big fan of them to be honest. I think that's probably down to the fact I never gave them enough time to really get into them.
Still for anyone on the fence, especially those with a 360 or PS3. It's really cheap on those platforms now and well worth a punt.

Groovemaster303
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:47 pm

I still wanna pick up the new Tomb Raider but I have a ton of other games to beat 1st. Anarchy Reigns, Twisted Metal, the MGS collection and PS-All Stars deserve my attention before I buy anything else. But with GTA Online keeping me from playing pretty much anything else (unless I'm with friends) I'm not sure how long that will take Razz 

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:29 am

I have that MGS HD Collection aswell but will probably skip MGS2 as it is a convoluted mess and Kojima at his masturbating worst.

I still have a few side missions to do in Tomb Raider and will probably move on to The Last of Us and its dlc next.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:09 pm

Charco wrote:I have that MGS HD Collection aswell but will probably skip MGS2 as it is a convoluted mess and Kojima at his masturbating worst.

Laughing 
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  klares Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:11 pm

Saven wrote:
Charco wrote:I have that MGS HD Collection aswell but will probably skip MGS2 as it is a convoluted mess and Kojima at his masturbating worst.

Laughing 

the mgs2 seems a decent game, not as good as MGS1, but okay.
which I think is very bad peace walker psp. I do not hold even one hour to see the quality descended radically, respect mgs2 and mgs3.

klares
klares
Nora

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:09 pm

So I've finally gotten round to playing The Last of Us, really enjoying it so far. I'm about 40% complete at the moment.

The graphics are excellent and you can see that Naughty Dog squeezed every last bit of juice for the PS3's swansong.

The voice acting and story are very engaging too. I loved the Uncharted games so I feel right at home with this one. Excellent.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KFCutman Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:02 pm

I've completed Kirby Squeak squad, just beat the secret Master Hand in Kirby and the Amazing mirror(Smash is easily the best ability, and Master hand gives it to you when killed. He's a mid boss, though.), STILL can't beat Airman(lol music reference) in Megaman 2, and is almost done with Final Rage Trilogy.
Edit: I'm almost done with Super Mario 64, with only a few Power Stars left.

-teh deemomanz wuz hr3
KFCutman
KFCutman
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lithium Flower Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:28 pm

Just bought Sleeping Dogs, loving this game so far, the combat is a blast and being able to control vehicles well and use them for combat is definitely a plus. Hope it's not too short though..

Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  klares Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:51 pm

What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 10 Snyufs

so would have to be current jrpg.
klares
klares
Nora

Back to top Go down

Post  Shiva Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:17 pm

I'm enjoying this one:

What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 10 Counter_strike_global_offensive_icon_by_testncrash-d4tmwzz

Signal

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089480096

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:29 pm

So I completed The Last of Us the other day, an absolutely brilliant game with an emotional story brought to life by some awesome voice acting and direction.

Looking forward to playing the Left Behind DLC but may leave it for a while until the price comes down from €14.99.

Plenty of other games to play in the meantime, might try DmC next.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:51 pm

Charco wrote:So I completed The Last of Us the other day, an absolutely brilliant game with an emotional story brought to life by some awesome voice acting and direction.

Looking forward to playing the Left Behind DLC but may leave it for a while until the price comes down from €14.99.

Plenty of other games to play in the meantime, might try DmC next.

Last of Us easily made it as my GOTY 2014 and once I get a PS4 (which won't happen till a few years), I'll get it again as they are planning a PS4 version, just imagine how beautiful it would look on a PS4.

Left Behind is also an excellent addition without any repeat.

Anyway currently, I've been playing FFX HD. One of my favorite RPG got one of the best HD Remaster ever, I'm so so grateful to Square Enix for that one, it's been a long long time I haven't enjoyed a JRPG this much, even if it's one I already played.
Anyone who never played the FFX series or want to give another try has a good opportunity there.
Of course, if you love the FFX series, you must get it, period.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:53 pm

Although it is nice that the NA has FINALLY got the international version like Japan and Europe got a long time ago, I wish there was an option to have the original OST instead of the remixed one. That and the arranged soundtrack they have in their KH HD remix are awful and mostly pale in comparison to the originals.

That being said, I've been playing a few games recently.

I finally got around to beat these two hard ass games without cheating not too long ago.

What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 10 21366_front
What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 10 47329_front

It really felt like like an accomplishment beating these two games. Anyone who has played them know how hard these games are. Especially this EVIL stage:
What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 10 E1vortexvx0

You can't imagine all the fist-pumping I was doing after beating that level AND the final boss right afterwards (which you got to do in all one try or else you will have to restart it ALL OVER AGAIN).

But as of right now, I am currently replaying through this old underrated classic.
What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 10 4730_front
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:27 pm

I thought the same thing about the remastered OST until I actually played them ingame and they instantly grew on me! I think they're actually beautiful remastering.

Except for Challenge:
Original version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhFhF17NIJ8

HD version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I5iCaE-JLs

The fact they ruined the main part starting at 1:10 completely screw the remix. A shame!

My favorite remix:

Luca ~ Original
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl-miswf_mA

Luca ~ HD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z5sMAhCD2M

Did I tell you I never went beyond the Atlantis stage in Ecco. Those stages are even harder than the maze in my mod T_T

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:47 pm

iceweb38 wrote:
Did I tell you I never went beyond the Atlantis stage in Ecco. Those stages are even harder than the maze in my mod T_T

Welcome to the Machine makes those levels look like nothing in comparison. Seriously, it is one of the Top 10 hardest moments in gaming for me.

As far as the remix goes, this is the only one that stands above the rest and is superior to the original for me:

Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:00 pm

Been playing Arkham Origins DLC, Cold, Cold Heart. Really enjoyed it, a good couple of hours for a DLC expansion, longer than Harley Quinn's Revenge was for Arkham City.

You get a new Batsuit and a well written story. If you remember the Animated Series episode: Heart of Ice, it's pretty much the same. Not a bad thing when that was one of the best episodes of one of the greatest animated shows ever. Paul Dini pretty much reinvented the character of Mr. Freeze, making him a sympathetic character unlike any of Batman's rogues gallery.

Well worth a download if you have Arkham Origins.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:33 am

Waiting for the complete edition bounce I think I will go ahead and buy Arkham Origins Blackgate Deluxe Edition though. I may not play it until I get Origins so I can play through the series again.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Now is a great time to hoover up some good games from the outgoing generation of consoles. I picked up DmC for about €18 and got Vanquish last weekend for €10. Started DmC, never played the preious Devil May Cry games but this reboot seems decent so far.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next