SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What games are you playing at the moment?

+28
pcgamer1`555
bazzza
Xillatem
Shiva
Lithium Flower
KFCutman
Groovemaster303
bareknuckleroo
klares
Jericho_mpm
BigDarsh
Xenovant
iceweb38
Mr.Din
cabo-hicks
The Four Seven
the_master1124
Stevo
William Assunção
Rapha.7
RuffNTumble
Saven
badjab326
Emthree
Benny26
Don Vecta
Charco
32 posters

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 6 Empty Re: What games are you playing at the moment?

Post  Saven Sun May 19, 2013 10:17 pm

Charco wrote:
One thing I can't figure out though...

Y CAN'T METROID CRAWL?!

Smile

Enjoy....I still haven't played this one yet myself actually (I have played the NES and GB ones though). When you are done with this, I suggest Castlevania: SOTN next, if you haven't played it yet.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 6 Empty Re: What games are you playing at the moment?

Post  Charco Sun May 19, 2013 11:26 pm

Yeah I must check that out. Will be busy with this for a while though I'd say.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenovant Sun May 19, 2013 11:31 pm

What a coincidence... I replayed super metroid the last week Laughing

If you cannot get used to the controls, try this hack http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/405/

You could also play the 2 the metroids for gba, castlevania aria of sorrow,... or you might come to the dark side, I know a LOT of doujin games that are like super metroid (for pc only, of course Razz)

Now I'm replaying the Chrono saga: I have finished Chrono Trigger and I'm about to start Radical Dreamers (that I have never played) and later, I'll play Chrono Cross Razz

Xenovant
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Sun May 19, 2013 11:57 pm

If you do move over to the CV games anytime soon I highly recommend Bloodlines and Harmony of Despair after SotN. My personal favorite CV games.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon May 20, 2013 8:09 am

B has often mentioned the GBA Metroid games but I may take a break from Metroid after I complete this one (I was going to play Zelda: The Minish Cap after A Link to the Past but fancied a change).

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Mon May 20, 2013 9:17 am

I love the metroid series, I really hope nintendo revisits all the games, a nice collection of remakes in the same style as fusion and zero mission would be awesome. also

This is worth looking at, the demo is pretty sweet, not sure what happened to the guy though.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Tue May 21, 2013 7:11 am

Double post for great justice!
so I got the following games for free courtesy of PSN Plus:
Sleeping Dogs + bonus packs
Vanquish
Infamous 2

Hoping to get more deals, needless to say I'm pretty happy with purchasing a PS3 Very Happy
Currently trying to 100% Yakuza 4, Tanimura is more than likely going to be a favorite of mine.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Tue May 21, 2013 8:53 am

I have heard a lot of people singing the praises of PS Plus recently, the games you get each month are supposed to be all of a high quality and some people have a backlog of great games to play. Sounds good to me.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Tue May 21, 2013 6:58 pm

Xbox Live has better service, I never experience connection drops and the downloads are faster but I can't say no to free stuff Laughing

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Tue May 21, 2013 7:22 pm

I need a bigger HDD before I buy into that.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Wed May 22, 2013 10:08 am

I must say I am really enjoying Super Metroid at the moment, I am a few hours in at this stage and it is very engaging. My girlfriend saw me playing it and asked what year it was released, when I said 1994 she said "wow, that was really ahead of it's time." Seems she knows more about games than I thought Razz

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat May 25, 2013 11:20 am

Had my buddy over last night for beer and games, here's what we played:

First up, Blazing Star on the Neo Geo.
What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 6 Bs1

This is a really nice horizontal scrolling shoot 'em up with great graphics. There is a little bit of slowdown with 2 players, but you will be glad of it due to the amount of bullets on screen. The Japlish in this game is also hilarious, GET BONUS!

We normally play a beat 'em up after to mix it up a little and this time we went for Sengoku, again on the Neo Geo.

What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 6 Sengoku%202-2

Now this is a beat 'em up that is really showing it's age. The graphics are ok, a little bland, and the character design isn't great either. It has an interesting mechanic which set it apart from other beat 'em ups at the time in that your character can morph into other characters. Once you have done this a couple of times and realise that they are all pretty much the same, interest wanes and it becomes a little monotonous. A pity really, we left this one be after a couple of stages and moved on. Maybe the sequel is better, we can check it out next time.

Next up, we played NHL '94 on the Mega CD.

What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 6 Nhl_%2794

We had never played the NHL games back in the 16 bit era simply because it's a sport that we don't have over here and there was never any interest. I had always read in magazines how good the NHL games on the Megadrive were and NHLPA '94 on the SNES too. This is the Mega CD version of the Megadrive title, the only differences being some grainy FMV footage and some better audio. Not sure if it really adds to the original as I haven't played it, but this was really fun. The controls are good and the game is easy to just pick up and play, even for a couple of NHL noobs like myself and my friend. Recommended.

Next up, we played a bit of F-Zero and it's Satellaview semi-sequel, BS F-Zero Grand Prix 2.

What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 6 F-Zero_SNES_ScreenShot3What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 6 Em_fzero2Ace

I have to play F-Zero on the SNES every once in a while, it has aged so well and the sense of speed with the Mode 7 effect is still impressive to this day. The music is nothing short of excellent and the controls are spot on. BS F-Zero Grand Prix 2 is a step up in difficulty that's for sure, we were both rubbish at it after a few beers! Great fun though. If you haven't played either of these, sort it out!

Next up, and back to the Neo Geo again, this time for Top Hunter Roddy and Cathy.

What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 6 Tophuntr

Now this is one I hadn't played and it is a cracker. It's a side scrolling platform/beat 'em up that has an interesting plane switching mechanic similar to something like Fatal Fury. You can jump back and forth between the foreground and background paths, punching baddies and finding secret entrances to bonus stages etc. This makes for some interesting stages and keeps the game fresh. It also has some vehicles you can control a la Metal Slug. The graphics are vibrant and the music is suitably catchy for this type of game. There is plenty of humour in the art style adding to the character of the game. The bonus stages have you auto-scrolling on a skateboard collecting items and dodging traps, similar to Wonderboy. As you can tell, the game takes many ideas from different games and mixes them all together with some fun results. I would recommend this one for two players for sure.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:14 pm

So I finished Super Metroid, what a game! Really enjoyed every minute of this one. Now moving on to anothe SNES game I never played:
What games are you playing at the moment? - Page 6 256px-Yoshi%27s_Island_-_Gameplay

This game is awesome! The graphics are absolutely fabulous, great colour and use of the SuperFX chip. The game seems harder than Super Mario World but very enjoyable nonetheless. I am only in World 2 at the moment, could be playing this one for a while.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:51 am

Been going through a bit of a crisis as of late. There's a lot of games I wanna play, but at the same time I don't want to play them. I've been trying to keep up my Injustice skills as well, but with work that's becoming a bit more difficult.

So I popped in GTAIV: Complete edition and started playing TBoGT since I still haven't beaten it and I couldn't be bothered with vanilla IV. And it's pretty awesome, even played some multiplayer and had a blast. Really got me looking forward to GTAV even more now that I can clearly see all the massive flaws this game had.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:29 am

So I completed Yoshi's Island today, what a game! Really enjoyed the game, graphics were great, music from Koji Kondo was fantastic as usual and the difficulty was just right. I am sticking with the SNES at the moment, what would you guys recommend I play next?

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:41 am

SNES eh?...Donkey Kong Country was one of my favs on the SNES in my teen years, I found it a pretty good laugh.

Admin

https://sorr.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:59 am

Charco wrote:So I completed Yoshi's Island today, what a game! Really enjoyed the game, graphics were great, music from Koji Kondo was fantastic as usual and the difficulty was just right. I am sticking with the SNES at the moment, what would you guys recommend I play next?

Blackthorne.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenovant Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:37 am

Skyblazer? Sparkster?

Or.... my hack of ff6? Laughing

Xenovant
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:38 am

Xenovant wrote:
Or.... my hack of ff6? Laughing

Wait, that's done!?
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:38 am

Battletoads in Battlemaniacs Twisted Evil

or X-men: Mutant Apocalypse

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:22 am

I was thinking the DKC games, and then remembered that mine cart level that almost gave me a nervous breakdown.

Blackthorne looks cool, kinda reminds me of Flashback. Wasn't it developed by Blizzard?

Is Sparkster better or worse than The Rocket Knight Adventures on MD? If the definitive version is on MD I would play that instead.

I never gave turn based RPGs a chance, I hope there is an accessible one out there to change my mind on them as the 16BIT era was a goldmine for them, especially on the SNES.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenovant Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:09 pm

If you want to start playing these games, you should start with FF6 or Chrono Trigger.

Sparkster... is different. Its graphics are a little more... "childish" but it has a great playability too and a great soundtrack.

Saven wrote:
Wait, that's done!?
Yeah, I finished it like 2 weeks ago, but I still have to write the changelog, and it will be huge. There are like... 120-130 bugfixes made by others that I have applied on my hack, a lot of fixes that I made on my own and a lot of things that I changed/added (don't worry, I want to do an enhanced ff6, not another personal hack).

I still have to test the "new game +" feature too. It was made by someone else and it was bugged as hell. I fixed the bugs that I found but I don't know if there is any bug left (a game's flag that I'd have to fix, for example).

Xenovant
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:24 pm

Maybe it's that I just prefer action RPGs like A Link to the Past as opposed to turn based ones, perhaps I should try Secret of Mana? I think that game might be more what I am after.

Sparkster has lovely graphics, might try that out too.

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenovant Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:28 pm

Arpgs? Terranigma and Illusion of Time/Gaia

Xenovant
Kusanagi

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:22 am

Charco wrote:
Blackthorne looks cool, kinda reminds me of Flashback. Wasn't it developed by Blizzard?

Yes, it was one of their first games. And it is a lot like Flashback, but except a little bit more actiony. A fun little game, SNES version is the best even with the censorship.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next