SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GRAND UPPAH! (Streets of Rage Thread)

+23
Glisp
Benny26
Xillatem
William Assunção
celestinx
NeoVamp
Waruiva
Break
BigDarsh
Kormann
TheWolfe
Charco
badjab326
El Gambito
Don Vecta
Shadow Fist King
Mr.Din
SoRFanatic
the_master1124
iceweb38
Criss
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Saven
27 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

GRAND UPPAH! (Streets of Rage Thread) - Page 2 Empty Re: GRAND UPPAH! (Streets of Rage Thread)

Post  Don Vecta Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:36 pm

I wasn't aware of this bug in SOR2. 5 knives on the ground left by Soya and will make every attack from Particle invincible (he'll still damage you while performing its grab break special). Interesting.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

GRAND UPPAH! (Streets of Rage Thread) - Page 2 Empty Re: GRAND UPPAH! (Streets of Rage Thread)

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:11 pm

Don Vecta wrote:

I wasn't aware of this bug in SOR2. 5 knives on the ground left by Soya and will make every attack from Particle invincible (he'll still damage you while performing its grab break special). Interesting.

Not just 5, how about 6? if one of 6 weapons disappeared, invincible gone. Its just projectiles bug
JoyJoyfulRabbit
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun May 25, 2014 5:38 pm

A nice run of SOR1 on SMS.

It's rather interesting how they changed the music:

• In Inner City, the music was Player Select, lol
  • The music in Moon Beach is Back to the Industry (WTF!?)
  • In the factory, instead of Stealthy Steps, there's a new track I don't recognize.
  • In the elevator, also Violent Breathing is gone, the same new track is there.

Was good to see finally the Old Man in action as boss of the factory. I still wonder why he was out from the SORR roster, he deserved to be there, considering the huge amount of SMS content the game has.
Also I love how the judos actually are not direct Blaze clones... at least they sport a nice Japanese hair bun instead of Blaze's loose hair.

Sorry if I sound too juvenile with this longplay, but I actually NEVER had the chance to see the game properly in action from beginning to the end.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit Sun May 25, 2014 6:35 pm

Don Vecta wrote:Was good to see finally the Old Man in action as boss of the factory. I still wonder why he was out from the SORR roster, he deserved to be there, considering the huge amount of SMS content the game has.

GRAND UPPAH! (Streets of Rage Thread) - Page 2 Rocket_Dwarf_sprites_zpsb4262b57 =P

(sorry for repost this image)
JoyJoyfulRabbit
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Xillatem Sun May 25, 2014 10:49 pm

Don Vecta wrote:
Was good to see finally the Old Man in action as boss of the factory. I still wonder why he was out from the SORR roster, he deserved to be there, considering the huge amount of SMS content the game has.

I remember the very suggestion of him, Predator-a-like and later Harikari was flamed out of the old chat room. Same with the SMS Stage 6/7 music.
Xillatem
Xillatem
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun May 25, 2014 11:17 pm

Xillatem wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:

I remember the very suggestion of him, Predator-a-like and later Harikari was flamed out of the old chat room. Same with the SMS Stage 6/7 music.

Which sucks. I guess the game needed them, along with Break (or playable characters as enemies in SORmaker) just out of completeness.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  El Gambito Sun May 25, 2014 11:25 pm

Don Vecta wrote:
Which sucks. I guess the game needed them, along with Break (or playable characters as enemies in SORmaker) just out of completeness.

If there was a like system of some sort I'd like this twice, reaaaally suck Break was not available and wish at least Adam got a robo counterpart as well, would've loved the posibilities with SoRMaker *_*

Donovan

http://gamblinggambit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Mon May 26, 2014 12:02 am

I was really disappointed that at least Break didn't make it. I know that the development team thought he was a crap boss fight, but he was still apart of the original games and I missed facing him in the remake.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  El Gambito Mon May 26, 2014 12:34 am

I could notice they didn't try to be too faithful to SoR 3  Razz 

Well personally SoR 3 was quite the black sheep for me too (Started to grew on me tho.) but reaally, I don't see why Break wasn't included since in the Remake there's still essential things from SoR 3 like Dr Dahm and Robocy so Break or other robo bosses based on allies would've fit :S

I find it pretty silly to not include him for mere bias, they could've improved his AI if that was the issue and Break as it is was quite the c-c-c-c-c-combo Break-er kind of boss on his own heheh.

Donovan

http://gamblinggambit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:55 pm

You know where idea of designs for SOR2 come from Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story:

Max, Big Ben and Ninja

GRAND UPPAH! (Streets of Rage Thread) - Page 2 Brucelee2_zps706fbe62
JoyJoyfulRabbit
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:33 pm

But the Bruce Lee game was released AFTER SoR2

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:22 am

iceweb38 wrote:But the Bruce Lee game was released AFTER SoR2

Oops! :U my mistake.
JoyJoyfulRabbit
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:05 am

JoyJoyfulRabbit wrote:You know where idea of designs for SOR2 come from Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story:

Max, Big Ben and Ninja

GRAND UPPAH! (Streets of Rage Thread) - Page 2 Brucelee2_zps706fbe62
Ah the 90s where sprite referencing flourished! looks like that game ripped almost directly from 2.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:37 pm

Just showing a little something I've been working on. Very Happy Let me know if the video shows, it's unlisted.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:14 am

Nice. Getting there, getting there.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:18 pm

Looking damn good, keep it up!

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:37 pm

Looks cool so far. Keep us updated! Very Happy
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:37 pm

I'll keep you guys up to date as much as possible. Very Happy
If you have twitter I usually drop tidbits of my work on the project account @BareKnuckleIV
Cheers!

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:21 pm

Yeah I love the spritesheets, like the lil remix I'm hearing on the vid. Smile

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:16 pm

Niiiice, Retsupurae FINALLY made fun of a bad LPer doing a run on a SOR game.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:56 am

iceweb38 wrote:Yeah I love the spritesheets, like the lil remix I'm hearing on the vid. Smile
Thanks! Any feedback is welcome Smile

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Xillatem Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:35 pm

Making of Streets of Rage feature in this months Retro Gamer, with insights from one of the developers.

Most of what we already know, he does mention loads of assets were created that never made it in, including a boss for Stage 5 that was eventually replaced by the Blaze twins (What the boss was isn't mentioned, but I reckon it's that proto R.Bear lookalike that was in one of the screenshots).
Xillatem
Xillatem
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:34 am

Xillatem wrote:Making of Streets of Rage feature in this months Retro Gamer, with insights from one of the developers.

Most of what we already know, he does mention loads of assets were created that never made it in, including a boss for Stage 5 that was eventually replaced by the Blaze twins (What the boss was isn't mentioned, but I reckon it's that proto R.Bear lookalike that was in one of the screenshots).
Proto r.Bear? What screenshot?

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Xillatem Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:53 pm

GRAND UPPAH! (Streets of Rage Thread) - Page 2 Xfdsg4

Last edited by Xillatem on Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:56 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Someone's still butthurt about SoR Online links it seems.)
Xillatem
Xillatem
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:37 pm

Xillatem wrote:GRAND UPPAH! (Streets of Rage Thread) - Page 2 Xfdsg4

His strance sprite remind me of Beta Rocky Bear:

GRAND UPPAH! (Streets of Rage Thread) - Page 2 Rocky1_zpsbe81dd3d

Edit: link about Making of Streets of Rage feature in this months Retro Gamer?
JoyJoyfulRabbit
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next