SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remake v5.2?!

+17
SORDave
Charco
NeoVamp
SpideyKeiiti
Blackblade34
zakforradio
Iceferno
oracle
Raf Arin
Kane
E253MechaShadow
Don Vecta
Doomerzan
Benny26
Saven
Herb1e
Mr.Din
21 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Remake v5.2?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Remake v5.2?!

Post  Don Vecta Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:49 am

SORDave wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:That new park, though... loved it

I agree,it looks original,I hope this guy keeps up the good work,because Im loving it so far.
 Most important is that he actually releases it, lol

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:00 am

Between this and Streets of Kamurocho, I can see a lot of potential coming about in the modding community. We already knew the game was hackable but now we see what happens when someone with experience modifies the engine. I'm hoping for a full streets of rage 3 route maybe some changes to story and level progression, missing enemies etc. A lot of stuff could happen here

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:54 am

Mr.Din wrote:Between this and Streets of Kamurocho, I can see a lot of potential coming about in the modding community. We already knew the game was hackable but now we see what happens when someone with experience modifies the engine. I'm hoping for a full streets of rage 3 route maybe some changes to story and level progression, missing enemies etc. A lot of stuff could happen here

Or going the BKIII/SOR3 direction from SOR3U style

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:33 am

Don Vecta wrote:That new park, though... loved it

Yeah, a very well designed stage.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:23 pm

Agree about SOR3. A full route maybe even with the missing parts of Stage 6? I wonder if the motorcycle sections would be moved from the Remake routes into a full SOR3 one. I think those could perhaps be modified a little so you're not on the bike constantly. Perhaps you could eventually jump onto a large moving vehicle to fight people. Like SOR2's truck but with an open top.

Big-Ben

https://iceferno.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:43 pm

Iceferno wrote:Agree about SOR3. A full route maybe even with the missing parts of Stage 6? I wonder if the motorcycle sections would be moved from the Remake routes into a full SOR3 one. I think those could perhaps be modified a little so you're not on the bike constantly. Perhaps you could eventually jump onto a large moving vehicle to fight people. Like SOR2's truck but with an open top.

Hmmm I think that's a good idea Iceferno,speaking of which there many unused assets that still didn't made into SORR some have like Beta Max,plus SORR itself has stuff that went unused,such as enemies & a prolouge mode.

Plus If I remember that BK3 had a Bike Stage that never made into the game's data.

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  SpideyKeiiti Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:51 pm

SORDave wrote:
Iceferno wrote:Agree about SOR3. A full route maybe even with the missing parts of Stage 6? I wonder if the motorcycle sections would be moved from the Remake routes into a full SOR3 one. I think those could perhaps be modified a little so you're not on the bike constantly. Perhaps you could eventually jump onto a large moving vehicle to fight people. Like SOR2's truck but with an open top.

Hmmm I think that's a good idea Iceferno,speaking of which there many unused assets that still didn't made into SORR some have like Beta Max,plus SORR itself has stuff that went unused,such as enemies & a prolouge mode.

Plus If I remember that BK3 had a Bike Stage that never made into the game's data.

Beta Max is already on the V5.1.
Did you guys notice that the Rolling now got a new animation? It is not a animation of 2 frames anymore, it is the same frame spinning!

Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:12 pm

SpideyKeiiti wrote:
SORDave wrote:

Beta Max is already on the V5.1.
Did you guys notice that the Rolling now got a new animation? It is not a animation of 2 frames anymore, it is the same frame spinning!

I know that XD huh really,intersting.

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:21 pm

Charco wrote:These improvements look great. I like what I am seeing here, what I have noticed:

hmmm. an unnofficial 5.2 is only possible if SorR.dat is decompiled, which is an almost impossible task. i think he is just recreating SORR from scratch using a different engine confused
oracle
oracle
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:26 pm

As I said before official or not,Im still supporting & besides I think it needs a new fresh coat of paint. Smile

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Kane Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:20 am

oracle wrote:
Charco wrote:These improvements look great. I like what I am seeing here, what I have noticed:

hmmm. an unnofficial 5.2 is only possible if SorR.dat is decompiled, which is an almost impossible task. i think he is just recreating SORR from scratch using a different engine confused

If that's the case, then how come someone managed to make a unofficial PSP port? I've tested it on a PSP emulator (ppsspp) haven't tried it on an actual PSP, but someone has on YouTube.

The files show that the SoRR.dat is converted to SoRR.dcb + EBOOT.pbp + SorMaker.dat and some folders.

Bad port tho with graphic glitches and crashes. Must be a hacked port.
Kane
Kane
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:27 am

Kane wrote:The files show that the SoRR.dat is converted to SoRR.dcb + EBOOT.pbp + SorMaker.dat and some folders.

Bad port tho with graphic glitches and crashes. Must be a hacked port.

SoRR.dat is actually a DCB file with .dat extension, so there is no conversion, just extension file renamed.

But have you seen the files from (mysterious) SORR 5.2? If it is DCB, then: 1) it has been patched without recompilation OR 2) it is SORR source that has been decompiled, modified and recompiled OR 3) it's the original, never published source code that has been updated and recompiled.  Suspect Possibilities 1 or 2 would make it a very unofficial 5.2

SORR source code is .prg file that supposedly only BL has, it compiles to dcb (or what we known as SoRR.dat), which is bytecode and actually can be decompiled - if one knows how to create a bytecode decompiler for Bennu/Fenix (mania difficult programming)
oracle
oracle
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Raf Arin Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:21 pm

If this is indeed made by konjak then it's good news !
I played "Noitu Love" years ago, nice to see he has the same passion for SOR  Razz

He seems to have been influenced by Cave Story when you look at his work, love his art style cyclops
Raf Arin
Raf Arin
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Remake v5.2?! - Page 2 Empty Streets Of Rage Remake V5.2

Post  Blackblade34 Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:30 am

Holy Mother of God! Shocked Shocked Whoever did this the work on this video is truly amazing and that fountain scene is
lovely and seems that it has it's own animation so I guess the hacker broke the source-code up(well some part in it at least), if he continues this work I hope he will bring all these wonderful stuffs in the SORMAKER application as well!
Damn, I still can't believe to my eyes! Very Happy
Blackblade34
Blackblade34
Donovan

SORDave likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:36 am

Blackblade34 wrote:Holy Mother of God!  Shocked  Shocked  Whoever did this the work on this video is truly amazing and that fountain scene is
lovely and seems that it has it's own animation so I guess the hacker broke the source-code up(well some part in it at least), if he continues this work I hope he will bring all these wonderful stuffs in the SORMAKER application as well!  

I agree,he needs to bring Motorcycle ride segments to SORMaker!

SORDave
Hakuyo

Blackblade34 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackblade34 Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:54 am

SORDave wrote:
Blackblade34 wrote:Holy Mother of God!  Shocked  Shocked  Whoever did this the work on this video is truly amazing and that fountain scene is

I agree,he needs to bring Motorcycle ride segments to SORMaker!

Uhhhh man that would be absolutely epic all the motorbike and jet-ski scenes personally I love all of them
in the Remake V.5.0a and V5.1 but seriously we really need to find out what that guy's intentions are into
this game really!??? 🙄 🙄
I hope he will update the entire game and then share it with all of us!
Blackblade34
Blackblade34
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Raf Arin Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:02 pm

Anybody tried to contact the youtube user or konjak ? I would but I don't want to bug them if they're getting flooded with "pls where is download"
Raf Arin
Raf Arin
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:05 pm

Yeah he hasn't really been replying. With the constant download requests, I can understand, but there are other questions going unanswered.
I'd really like to contribute music to 5.2 but I'm not sure it'll happen.

Big-Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Raf Arin Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:19 pm

Who knows...At least they're aware of the enthusiasm sunny
Raf Arin
Raf Arin
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:52 pm

Indeed,I bet they are working hard in adding more stuff,let's just be patient guys & see what happens.

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackblade34 Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:32 pm

SORDave wrote:Indeed,I bet they are working hard in adding more stuff,let's just be patient guys & see what happens.

Exactly! Even if he brings all the original/new stuffs into SORMAKER app(I hope it will happen), and
re-contribute all the scenes background musics the whole change will takes time maybe years!
I already messaged him but he didn't respond yet, maybe he won't respond at all!
We have to wait....!!!
Blackblade34
Blackblade34
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  zakforradio Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:34 pm

There is a lot of fake stuff out there, and this looks real. I'm sure it has to be Bennu language, because starting from scratch would take 8 years again? Maybe Bomberlink did give the source code away to someone already. Watching the video gave me the chills. I do hope this person is serious, but I'm just gonna take it as good news for now Very Happy
zakforradio
zakforradio
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:40 pm

Now Im unsure about the future of this mod.

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:46 am

Perhaps when he gets further along, he'll look into fan/contributor input. Let's see if he provides an update video.

Big-Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:27 am

Im not sure but I did read a comment on that vid saying it has been canceled.

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next