SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remake Requests

+10
Kimono
Xillatem
vince
bareknuckleroo
SORDave
peekay
Tekkenlord
Iceferno
E253MechaShadow
Krizalid
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Remake Requests Empty Remake Requests

Post  Krizalid Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:25 pm

Okay, I'm not sure if this is a bad idea or not, so please don't be harsh if it is. Just thought of giving some ideas and discussing them. Maybe it would be fun to hear from everybody what they would like. Please don't make this a complaint topic like, "I would like if they went back to this version" or something. I don't create topics much and just wanted to know what you guys would like to see.

I would like to see an nigh impossible change, and a more possible one:
1) Updated SOR4 characters. I get that creating a new character is an extremely tall order, but even if the move set is too much (Seeing that the SOR4 characters LOST the ability to run, but gained air specials), maybe they could make new sprites such as Axel with a beard, Adam with the glasses, and Blaze with her jacket. I'm no expert, but I can also imagine Floyd and Cherry being adapted to this system.

2) New voices. SORR already gives us voice choices (I prefer SOR3 voices over BK3), but what if Adam was updated with his SOR4 voice? Just thinking of using his special in SORR and him saying "Woo" instead of the same sound because he is limited to SOR1.
Krizalid
Krizalid
Galsia

Puzirkov and RicardoXI like this post

Back to top Go down

Remake Requests Empty Re: Remake Requests

Post  E253MechaShadow Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:21 am

Krizalid wrote:New voices. SORR already gives us voice choices (I prefer SOR3 voices over BK3), but what if Adam was updated with his SOR4 voice? Just thinking of using his special in SORR and him saying "Woo" instead of the same sound because he is limited to SOR1.
I could do that. I've recently learnt how to make 100% authentic digitized voice samples from SoR4 sounds.
The only problem atm is that SoR and SoRR Adam is limited to 2 voice samples - special attack and death sound...
E253MechaShadow
E253MechaShadow
Galsia

Krizalid likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Krizalid Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:29 pm

E253MechaShadow wrote:
I could do that. I've recently learnt how to make 100% authentic digitized voice samples from SoR4 sounds.
The only problem atm is that SoR and SoRR Adam is limited to 2 voice samples - special attack and death sound...

That's what I was thinking. The issue with the voices wouldn't be getting the samples. We could do that with a PC copy of SOR4. But there would be no way to replace Adam's voice because he uses the same sound for all his attacks. That's why I was thinking of creating SOR4 versions of the characters. Maybe they could make new character designs for their SOR4 counterparts but keep the move sets so they don't have to change too much. That way, they can make Adam with his new voice clips, but not have to focus on adapting his extremely updated move set like dashing instead of running or his Sword Strike or other things that just aren't part of the SORR system.

Any takers on making new character designs Wink
Krizalid
Krizalid
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:33 pm

The AI could be refined. I'm not overly fond of the SOR4 approach, which is basically the same on all difficulties, only really having faster movement on Mania. 5.1 had distinct behaviour throughout the difficulty range. One thing I hate about 5.2 is the reduced iframes, particularly on special moves. If you potentially sacrifice health to use a move, it needs to have iframes.

But my main requests would be specific mods. Namely Alien Storm and there was one other one I can't remember at the moment.

Big-Ben

https://iceferno.com

SORDave and Tekkenlord like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Tekkenlord Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:53 pm

Iceferno wrote:The AI could be refined. I'm not overly fond of the SOR4 approach, which is basically the same on all difficulties, only really having faster movement on Mania. 5.1 had distinct behaviour throughout the difficulty range. One thing I hate about 5.2 is the reduced iframes, particularly on special moves. If you potentially sacrifice health to use a move, it needs to have iframes.

But my main requests would be specific mods. Namely Alien Storm and there was one other one I can't remember at the moment.

I second the invincibility frames for special moves needs to be improved and also my own request is to have filters in widescreen mode, the filters for 2X and so are only available on 4:3 not on 16:9 and that renders the 16:9 option to my opinion useless.

Tekkenlord

Iceferno and pepodmc- like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  peekay Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:52 am

-ZiNxdGeyg[/youtube]

[b][u]

Last edited by peekay on Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total

peekay

SORDave and Iceferno like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:16 pm

peekay wrote:I would say bring back the original "in the bar" remix. All the new tracks by BGM1401 are exceptional, except for this one. The 5.1 version was the closest to the original, slow & jazzy. The new one is way too fast and sounds like MIDI instruments. Completely breaks the mood.
I feel that way about the new Beat Ambience tbh. It's weak compared to most of the other updates (the one by Cogbob in Adam's Story was probably the best version). The Poets II is the best of the new remixes imo.

Big-Ben

https://iceferno.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:47 pm

I agree about the Sniper part of the first stage,plus I think it would be neat if we can go inside the club sega arcade in Entertainment Street & break the arcade machines for extra points. Smile

Plus the stair case in there could lead to a brand new path same with the alley between club sega & the atlas diso & a whole bunch of other things such as more unused stuff from the beta of the original SOR trilogy.

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  bareknuckleroo Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:54 pm

Iceferno wrote:One thing I hate about 5.2 is the reduced iframes, particularly on special moves.

There's more i-frames on rolling, and all the characters who are supposed to have invulnerable specials (the SoR3 cast) have invulnerable specials. 5.1 was an oddity in that it gave all characters, including SoR2, invulnerability from the front so that stuff like Blaze 2's kikoushou always beat out attacks, which wasn't how it originally worked in SoR2 where offensive specials were a risk vs reward element. Considering you can also use them without costing any health now in SoRR with the Special Gauge, characters having different invulnerability helps make them feel distinct.

For instance, Blaze 3 has a weaker, but longer range offensive special that's great for quick knockdowns to initiate grabs. Blaze 2 has a slower but far stronger offensive special and stronger hits in general. Her offensive special can also be used during a grab, but lacking invulnerability means it's interruptible and best used as a combo ender. Blaze 1 has no true invulnerability on her offensive special, but it's fast, powerful, and long ranged, which she gets as a trade for a slower jump kick and less effective 2/3 Star Blitzes.

Axel 3 is weak but has a safe, fully invulnerable punch rush, Axel 2 is stronger but interruptible, and Axel 1 is  a bit faster but still interruptible.

I'm okay with having different characters either have or not have invulnerability as per their original game balance. 5.1 was the oddball version in giving everyone invulnerability on their offensive specials.

Nora

https://www.youtube.com/bareknuckleroo

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:56 pm

Some simple things:

1. Mods limitation from 99 to 999.

2. Abadede SoR1, Mr. X SoR1 and Dr. Dahm as enemies.

3. Playable characters available as enemies.

4. Bike/hoverboard available in mods.

5. All traps available in mods (breakabke ground, electric ceiling, changing conveyor belt, subway demilitarized zone, bulldozer...).

6. Different scenarios possible for enemies death in mods:
- death,
- wake up and leave with a sentence (ex: "I'll be back"),
- explosion (to make them robot),
- transform into another enemy (ex: Hakuyo evolve into Shiva to make a several steps boss)

And of course two controllers available (I read that some ones succeeded using it, but not everybody, and not me). For me that's the base for SoR.
vince
vince
Electra

SORDave likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:55 pm

There's are interesting requests Vince. I decided to do the same on what I want to see added to SORR.

1.SOR1 Beta elements which are the following
- SoR1 Nora's uncensored look from the beta
- The Hockey Mask boss that was scrapped from the beta
- The Top hat boss from the SMS version of SoR1
- Two unused levels from the betas of SoR1 which are these two

Remake Requests Bare_k12

Remake Requests Bare_k10

- These unused SoR1 enemy sprites,could be used new enemies or alt skins for Gracia & SoR1 Signal.

Remake Requests Bare_k13

02.SOR2 SMS/GG elements which are the following
- The Predator looking Boss from the Alien House stage
- Stages from both versions to extend certain stages or use them for alternate routes,the pics are below.

Remake Requests Sor2_s10

Remake Requests Sor2_s11

Remake Requests Sor2_s12

Remake Requests Sor2_s13

Remake Requests Sor2_s14

Remake Requests Sor2_s15

Remake Requests Sor2_s16

Remake Requests Sor2_s17

Remake Requests Sor2_s18

Remake Requests Sor2_s19

Remake Requests Sor2_g10

Remake Requests Sor2_g11

Remake Requests Sor2_g12

Remake Requests Sor2_g13

Remake Requests Sor2_g14

03.SOR3 Beta elements which are the following
- SoR3 Blaze's flying kick uncensored
- SoR3 Skate's slam move
- SoR3 Beta Zan
- Add Break as a Boss
- An unused Bike stage that got scrapped

Remake Requests Street13

- The unused early version of Mr.X's penthouse,which could be used for a different stage.

Remake Requests Protoy10

- Unused breakable objects that got scrapped.

Remake Requests Bare_k11

- SoR3 Electra's unused crouch,could be used when she's on a roof or a platform above the player.

Remake Requests Street14

- Unused Doors,I don't know what they could be used for?

Remake Requests Protot10

SOR2

- The Elevator's doors in Stage 8 in the SoR2 route could open in all three sides to let some enemies & bosses walk in rather fall from above.

And finally,unused elements that got scrapped from the early versions of SORR,including a playable Robo X & Murphy which I've already uploaded in the Beta stuff page.

Last edited by SORDave on Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Xillatem Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:29 am

^ The train stage from the Master System SoR2 was the inspiration for the train stage in SoRR.
Xillatem
Xillatem
SorR Contributor

SORDave likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:38 am

Oh I didn't know that,thanks for pointing that out. Smile

But still I hope our requests get brought to life.

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Kimono Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:14 am

Hi, I don't know if someone is interessed but I made a complete Tracker (stage 3 Game Gear boss that replaces Vehelit) with all moves, weapons and alternate palettes:
Remake Requests CHZ1DydRemake Requests DuF49ijRemake Requests 8D1co6P
Kimono
Kimono
Galsia

SORDave likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  tobydanger Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:50 am

I have a few things I'd love to add to the game if I had the artistic or programming skills required. Hopefully someone out there might attempt these...

1: SOR4 Demake
This would be a pretty intensive project no doubt, but how amazing would it be to have 16-bit versions of the new characters, enemies and bosses from SOR4 available? Maybe even some of the stages from that game too.
I've seen an artist or two depict the new characters in a 16-bit style, and the animation frames for all the SOR4 characters have been ripped and compiled, so I'm sure it could be done.

2: Miscellaneous bosses
As some have pointed out, there are a few random bosses that have appeared in other versions of the original games, but haven't shown up in Remake. Break from SOR3, the Ringmaster from SOR Master System, the Predator-type guy from SOR2 Game Gear and Hara-Kiri from Bare Knuckle Mobile. It would be nice to have them in Remake.

3: Boss versions of the main cast
We've had Onihime and Yasha, and Break, who are basically boss versions of Blaze and Axel, so why not boss versions of the other heroes? With some visual edits, you could even make them into completely new boss characters, just with the heroes movesets.

4: Remixed stages
Basically, this would be an alternate version of all the original stages you could select from the outset, but with new arrangements of enemies and items. Say, more varied enemies from SOR2 and 3 in the SOR1 stages, or tougher enemies in the earlier stages. This could give players some new challenges in the old stages.

5: Guest characters
Pretty unlikely, but I'd love to see characters from other Sega franchises appear in the game, if they can be created and adapted in sprite form.
I can already imagine Joe Musashi from Shinobi, (his sprites from Shinobi III would work near perfectly in SOR) and we have Kazuma Kiryu and Goro Majima as sprites from Streets of Kamurocho. If they could be improved with their own unique movesets to adapt to SORR...
Characters from Sega's other beat-em-ups such as Bruno Delinger from Dynamite Deka, Rikiya Busujima from Zombie Revenge, and Gillius Thunderhead from Golden Axe would also make great additions.

tobydanger
Galsia

SORDave likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  tobydanger Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:51 am

Kimono wrote:Hi, I don't know if someone is interessed but I made a complete Tracker (stage 3 Game Gear boss that replaces Vehelit) with all moves, weapons and alternate palettes:
Remake Requests CHZ1DydRemake Requests DuF49ijRemake Requests 8D1co6P

That is really well done. Does it have some walking animations? I could really see this in the game.

tobydanger
Galsia

SORDave likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kimono Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:38 pm

@tobydanger: Tracker has got the full weaponry of a playable character:
Remake Requests 99Yn3N6
Remake Requests SHlmRyC
For your information, Ringmaster is completed too. I'm working on Onihime SOR1 Master System version.
Kimono
Kimono
Galsia

SORDave likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:59 pm

These requests are very interesting.

Plus where did you find that sprite sheet?

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Kimono Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:34 pm

I draw these sprites. The base is Alien vs Predator from Genesis, SNES and arcade game (ex: the running animation is based on Axel run).
Some moves are done with frankenspriting and recoloration.
The xenomorph whip and the shuriken are original and inspired from Predator weapons.

Last edited by Kimono on Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kimono
Kimono
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:37 pm

Interesting.

I wonder if you could do other certain sprites?

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Kimono Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:39 pm

I'll make this SOR1 prototype character with a masked face (replaced by Antonio too) but what kind of sprite do you think?
Kimono
Kimono
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:44 pm

Kimono wrote:I'll make this SOR1 prototype character with a masked face (replaced by Antonio too) but what kind of sprite do you think?

Sweet. But I think you did a great job with the sprites. Smile

Im not sure maybe the Beta Zan one?

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Kimono Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:14 pm

SpideyKeiiti is already working on beta Zan.
Kimono
Kimono
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  SORDave Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:17 pm

True but last time I spoke to him,he put that on the side so he's working on stuff for that Kumocho mod with Don.

SORDave
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:18 am

Kimono wrote:@tobydanger: Tracker has got the full weaponry of a playable character:
Remake Requests 99Yn3N6
Remake Requests SHlmRyC
For your information, Ringmaster is completed too. I'm working on Onihime SOR1 Master System version.

I believe Predator would be perfect if using Rudra enemy as a model

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

SORDave likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next