SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it possible for a Remake of...

3 posters

Go down

Is it possible for a Remake of... Empty Is it possible for a Remake of...

Post  Security Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:45 am

Golden Axe, to be released, just like the one of Streets of Rage? But on par with it? 7 years of dedicated care, polishing and refinement, full of talent and inspiration, from gamers to gamers? Like SOR, it has 3 titles (on Genesis), is iconic to Genesis, well known and all times classic, plus quite comparable and similar to it (police call/magic, beat em up, combos, big moves, weapons/dragons, etc)!

Since Sega is the mess they are currently, there is no hope from them... Hell, there was even a Remake of Golden Axe in works, official, from a branch of theirs, but word is they cancelled it AND closed down their subsidiary (sega australia, i believe)... Sad; pathetic and sad.

Personally, i would DIE for something exactly like SORremakev5.1, but for Golden Axe universe. It would be the dream of every old gamer and in fact, many people tie those two games/series at the same tier. The remakes on PS were terrible and the latest title with only Tyris, mostly a major letdown and lackluster, even (only one player). What are the chances for such a thing?
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Is it possible for a Remake of... Empty Re: Is it possible for a Remake of...

Post  Don Vecta Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:11 am

Well... try OpenBOR and give it a shot yourself? Smile

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:16 pm

Bah, i could never do such a thing. I can't even do a mod for SORR, even though i have all the extra tools downloaded and stashed (from www.s_o_r_online.net).

I really LOVED cajnatalie's mod, the Golden Rage v2. I wish someone could pull off a complete remake, though... Still, that cat is the best!
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:37 pm

Well you could do either, if you tried. I'm certain you have talents that could serve as useful for such a project. Though there is a golden axe remake made in OBoR iirc. I considered the idea one upon a time, a remake using Revenge of Death Adder graphics and a Duel mode that plays similar (but better than) "The Duel" of course that was dashed to pieces when I tried to rip assets from RoDA lmao!

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down