SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage Remake mod - Power Quest

+2
Don Vecta
Cm_Blast
6 posters

Go down

Streets of Rage Remake mod - Power Quest Empty Streets of Rage Remake mod - Power Quest

Post  Cm_Blast Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:22 pm

Surprise! after the Altered beast mod I release 2 years ago (literally!) I am back here to bring a new shining mod.

So, What it is "Power Quest"? It's a very solid figthing game for the Game boy (and color). This game has a plot to advance though figthing, you win money by winning matches, you buy pieces to your small robot, which allow the special moves to do more damage and you keep encountering new challenges the more the story goes until the National Tournament.

The game has some flaws, but it's a very fun game and the controls are really smooth; plus has an amazing soundtrack so... why no a Streets of Rage mod? Of course, this mod it's a much more traditional gameplay, so don't get scared for the game-boy visuals (pressing F2 on Sorr it's the most optimal way to play, in terms of graphics), because I am proud of this work.

Here it is the list of all the features and game modes included:
Story mode - Features:
-6 Stages composed of 9 different scenarios, resized so some of them now are 2000 pixel width!!! all of them has been modified to not feel a lazy copy-paste all over the place.
-6 Bosses plus several subbosses, all accompanied by several goons (battles may be challenging).
-Big long and detailed cutscenes; After the update, both spanish and english available.
-Over 45 different palettes, with enemies being grouped as part of an character from the game, sharing the palette.
-A Shop to "buy" your pieces: Prior to a stage to start you are given the opportunity to buy something for your robot; this will make the enemies on the piece selected to have reduced health points for the rest of the level (bosses and sub-bosses included).
-No special data, but there are custom objects containing food.
-6 logos to choose (the icon that appear when selecting the mod); so feel free to change the default one for a different.

Versus mode - Features:
1 Vs 1 Or 2 vs 2:
- As only 1 player, you will face individually the 10 bosses from the game (final boss excluded) in 1 versus 1 battles.
- As 2 player, a copy of the boss using the second palette will join.
*Bosses have 3 life bars.

1 Vs 5 Or 2 Vs 7:
- As only 1 player, you will face 5 enemies at once per round for 10 scenes. The enemies will be variations of an specific model.
- As 2 players, you will face 7 enemies at once. Same condition as before.
*Enemies have 2 Life bars.

Mixto mode:
- As only 1 player, you will face individually the 10 bosses from the game (final boss excluded) grouped with 2 extra enemies, not using the same model as the boss (so they don't share name nor palette).
- As 2 players, 2 more extra enemies join the game.

Modo desafio:
-The same game as the Story mode.
-No cutscenes, only action.
-The shop it's closed, so all the enemies will have the amount of Health that they were suppose to have to start with.
-The game starts at stage 7 and end on stage 8, so the enemies usually will be more aggressive (by the nature of the Sorr game) than during the traditional story mode.
-A second set of palettes for enemies, that's 45 extra palettes.

Screenshots:
Streets of Rage Remake mod - Power Quest Captur11Streets of Rage Remake mod - Power Quest Captur12
Streets of Rage Remake mod - Power Quest Captur13Streets of Rage Remake mod - Power Quest Captur15
Streets of Rage Remake mod - Power Quest Captur17Streets of Rage Remake mod - Power Quest Captur16

UPDATE:
- Script in english; still, the default one it's in spanish, but the english one it's in a separated folder so simply rename folders to have all the plot in english.
- new set of char palettes: All the heroes have 2 new palettes; apply them or rename them if you already have any you like on that specific spot.
Here, the imagen so you can check. Some looks better than others, but at least now you have the inmersion. You will playing as a mini-robot with a Sorr character. It is recommended to use the first version during the story mode (so no enemy will look exactly as your hero) and the second version for the challenge mode, same reason.
Streets of Rage Remake mod - Power Quest Compar10

Video:

This video it's to showcase all the mod contain, including the purpose of the shop (a comparison of the enemy health depending on what do you buy, and also showing that on the challenge mode the life bar it's never reduced for the enemies). Versus mode both for 1 and 2 players and some palettes in action.

Download Mod here:
https://mega.nz/file/qyh2QaRT#g3PtqO0TFJ5clMl-meAqHv_etWAjCCdvmEco5eXz-iE

More mods here:
https://mega.nz/folder/OywVSSiR#tJrB6EEqjO1P7c891mblng

Some warnings:
Game may be challenging; I tried to be balanced, but if you are not used to the game turn into easy. There is only 1 difficulty for all people, but I don't think Mania players will need something harder at all.
- Yamato intro should work fine, but if it doesn't, report to me. You may try to exit and reload the mod (there isn't any fighting prior to him entering the battle) and don't run but walk, that should enough.

Last edited by Cm_Blast on Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:05 pm; edited 9 times in total

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake mod - Power Quest Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake mod - Power Quest

Post  Don Vecta Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:35 am

UGH... 8-Bit style mods... I really don't like them, but... knowing the quality of CM_Blast mods I'll give it a go.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake mod - Power Quest Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake mod - Power Quest

Post  Cm_Blast Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:36 pm

Don Vecta wrote:UGH... 8-Bit style mods... I really don't like them, but... knowing the quality of CM_Blast mods I'll give it a go.
You will laugh at how bad the spanish translation it's (or angry, or both).

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:12 pm

Cm_Blast wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:UGH... 8-Bit style mods... I really don't like them, but... knowing the quality of CM_Blast mods I'll give it a go.

jajajaja it's kinda odd but understandable, lol!

So, as soon I've got it, I decided to do a blind run of it. Definitely entertaining, despite not liking the 8-bit style myself, the whole construction of the mod and the crafted cutscenes that give a very realistic illusion that it's a RPG/BTU.
I was about to play with Max but, since this is a robot themed mod, it would make better sense to use Zan.

Enjoy the run!

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:38 pm

Don Vecta wrote:
Cm_Blast wrote:

jajajaja it's kinda odd but understandable, lol!

So, as soon I've got it, I decided to do a blind run of it. Definitely entertaining, despite not liking the 8-bit style myself, the whole construction of the mod and the crafted cutscenes that give a very realistic illusion that it's a RPG/BTU.
I was about to play with Max but, since this is a robot themed mod, it would make better sense to use Zan.

Enjoy the run!
"Hiciste bien en alejarlo". I still laugh at the "that's cool" for "Está frio" instead "eso mola".
But I don't ever know where the transaltion came; the kids of the park, there is a female; the english say something about "don't go easy of me just because I am a woman" and the spanish say "No creas que este combate me recordará que soy mujer" or something like that; I don't get it.

Well, "Gong" it's the max of that game. 

As a curiosity; the weird thing the bad hyena gang make the player to reverse the controls and disable the way to attack. So you will loose that match the first time. On the final final boss they are planning to do it again but Don Quijote stop them; here I feel like that was a bit pointless (and believe me, I removed like 10-15 screens of dialogue there) so I decided to reuse that part as they are indeed messing on the fight. Also Don Quijote use the same robot you are, that's why he use the 5 different goons out there.

I wanted to look if you will choose the police call or "selling" the item for a double life up. I wonder if you regret doing it Razz.

Also the "Versus" mode was more intented to be a 2 player mode, but I made the option to let 1 player only to have some kind of experience (the 1 vs 1 it's simply not good, but count as a boss rush).

And yes, the challenge mode it's just the story mode all over again but with no cutscenes, but you don't get the reduced life bar from the shop (or the option to use the police call / sell item), plus the first stage you start directly on stage 7, in which the enemies are more aggresive per se, but has nothing more (well, besides spending a few hours to do 45 new palettes).

I may not look like too much, but reducing 30-40 HP on every bongo 2, Hakuyos or falcons changes things, or like the final level; reducing all the goons -20 HP make looks like too litle but you are removing 20 HP for over 30 guys or so; that's a good amount of HP; On the challenge mode they just simply have the original life.

Anyway; I am glad you like besides disliking the 8 bit theme overall.
Although; I may say, when I started with the scenarios and palettes I was wondering if won't look too bad with those bright colors, but I end liking them.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Iceferno Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:13 am

Interesting. I'll take a look too. I do kinda agree about 8 bit mods though.
Maybe you could get a pixel artist to remake the backgrounds then release an update?

Big-Ben

https://iceferno.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:25 pm

I am currently working on the english script of the game; will take some days to finish it since it require several things to do (including a different amount of screenshots and changing the lenght of the .txt, etc).
Dunno if people it's really interested on this mod, but anyway; I'll do it anyway.

I am going to add a few palettes for the heroes too to give a better inmersion; this way players can pretend that they are using a little-robot version of the Sorr Characters.

Maybe you could get a pixel artist to remake the backgrounds then release an update?
I am not interested on changing the visuals since I like how the game looks overall; but if somebody want to do a remake of his mod based on mine it's free to do it; I have no problem.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  LaGsDAI92 Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:42 pm

Cm_Blast wrote:I am currently working on the english script of the game; will take some days to finish it since it require several things to do (including a different amount of screenshots and changing the lenght of the .txt, etc).
Dunno if people it's really interested on this mod, but anyway; I'll do it anyway.

I am going to add a few palettes for the heroes too to give a better inmersion; this way players can pretend that they are using a little-robot version of the Sorr Characters.

I am not interested on changing the visuals since I like how the game looks overall; but if somebody want to do a remake of his mod based on mine it's free to do it; I have no problem.

Thanks again for doing an english version dude let me know what its ready and i will do a playthrough of it Smile
LaGsDAI92
LaGsDAI92
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:02 pm

LaGsDAI92 wrote:

Thanks again for doing an english version dude let me know what its ready and i will do a playthrough of it Smile

Will be ready soon enough. I have already covered the 4 first stages, so only 2 more to go. I am keeping the multi-path for copy-paste of cutscenes early, so I don't waste time late.
Fortunatelly, I didn't delete yet all the sticky notes I made with the palette numbers I used, so creating some palettes for main characters won't take too long to do and, with a bit of luck, characters will look decent, just as the enemies.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  LaGsDAI92 Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:13 pm

Cm_Blast wrote:
LaGsDAI92 wrote:

Will be ready soon enough. I have already covered the 4 first stages, so only 2 more to go. I am keeping the multi-path for copy-paste of cutscenes early, so I don't waste time late.
Fortunatelly, I didn't delete yet all the sticky notes I made with the palette numbers I used, so creating some palettes for main characters won't take too long to do and, with a bit of luck, characters will look decent, just as the enemies.

Great stuff keep up the awesome work buddy Very Happy looking forward to playing this one.
LaGsDAI92
LaGsDAI92
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:59 pm

LaGsDAI92 wrote:
Cm_Blast wrote:
LaGsDAI92 wrote:

Great stuff keep up the awesome work buddy Very Happy looking forward to playing this one.
Thanks.

I am planning to continue to do at least 1 mod more; there is one big I would like to do (similar style as the sonic ones), but that could be much bigger that my hands can hold.
For now, I will just finish this one first.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:09 pm

Lol, this wasn't usually happened to me. I wonder why xD

https://www.facebook.com/dinar.persephone/videos/vb.100003811462956/1644466469023719/?type=2&theater&notif_t=video_processed&notif_id=1567540602758169

Hello CM_Blast. It's been a long time, my friend. I didn't thought if you will release a new mod since your last mod 2 years ago : Altered Beast.

I've played this MOD. And yeah, this MOD is fun to play. I just lose 1 life at first, at least until Abadede appears and causing massive destruction to me xD

I haven't tried another mode beside Story Mode. And story mode itself has so many routes to choose with. Of course this mod couldn't be finished 100% with single playthorugh. I need to play several times to see if I can find something interesting later.

Oh, by the way, I found one mistake on Robo X fight. One of the seeker has a name "Seek-1" or something like that. Perhaps its worth to be fixed. It's possible if there are some mistakes left on route that I haven't played yet. Smile
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:25 pm

Small hit-box due a small custom character, I guess.

Persephone wrote:Hello CM_Blast. It's been a long time, my friend. I didn't thought if you will release a new mod since your last mod 2 years ago : Altered Beast.

I've played this MOD. And yeah, this MOD is fun to play. I just lose 1 life at first, at least until Abadede appears and causing massive destruction to me xD

Hi; you always find mistakes in all my mods, so I am glad you are playing this.
Yeah; Don Quijote it's literally that mand and after the Jet + Bikers and R.Bear the only boss worth to be the final one it's Abadede himself.

And yeah; I were busy doing Dune 2000 custom campaigns the last 5 years more or less (wow, 5 already...); but since I am a bit burn out of modding with that game I wanted to come back to Sorr.

Persephone wrote:I haven't tried another mode beside Story Mode. And story mode itself has so many routes to choose with. Of course this mod couldn't be finished 100% with single playthorugh. I need to play several times to see if I can find something interesting later.

The multy-path it's always the same enemies, scenes and etc. Only changes the amount of health (reduced) from 1/3 of the enemies.

Persephone wrote:Oh, by the way, I found one mistake on Robo X fight. One of the seeker has a name "Seek-1" or something like that. Perhaps its worth to be fixed. It's possible if there are some mistakes left on route that I haven't played yet. Smile

I knew you will find something; well, I am doing right now an english script, so it's the perfect time.
Alright; I located that guy; will be fixed for the next update.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:07 am

Thanks for all these mods CM, and happy to know you have another one planned.

Just a question: do you plan to create a personal mod? I mean, not an hommage, but a mod you create a story for it. I think it could be huge!
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:52 am

vince wrote:Thanks for all these mods CM, and happy to know you have another one planned.

Just a question: do you plan to create a personal mod? I mean, not an hommage, but a mod you create a story for it. I think it could be huge!

Unfornatelly, the mods I made that are not a hommage are much worse that the ones that are, so my best works come for copy from other sources.

I could pick up random scenes from some random games to make a somewhat original, but then the Urban Reign mod was born.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  vince Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:14 pm

Cm_Blast wrote:Unfornatelly, the mods I made that are not a hommage are much worse that the ones that are, so my best works come for copy from other sources.
Your only personal mods are very old, you didn't do new for a long time and I'm sure you learnt tons of things about Sormaker since your start, so I think you should try again.
And I really like el dia de todo al reves.

Cm_Blast wrote:I could pick up random scenes from some random games to make a somewhat original, but then the Urban Reign mod was born.
I liked this mod for that.
Maybe you could create some bonus levels for each hommage mod, it would be like a middle solution.
vince
vince
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:10 pm

UPDATE:
Alright, Mod update, this is the new content.
- Script in english; still, the default one it's in spanish, but the english one it's in a separated folder so simply rename folders to have all the plot in english.
- new set of char palettes: All the heroes have 2 new palettes; apply them or rename them if you already have any you like on that specific spot.
Here, the imagen so you can check. Some looks better than others, but at least now you have the inmersion. You will playing as a mini-robot with a Sorr character. It is recommended to use the first version during the story mode (so no enemy will look exactly as your hero) and the second version for the challenge mode, same reason.
I will write this stuff on the first post too; links should still works.

Your only personal mods are very old, you didn't do new for a long time and I'm sure you learnt tons of things about Sormaker since your start, so I think you should try again.
True. But anyway; there are people doing great plots here and there; for now I will stick to my forte Razz. At some point I was thinking to make a huge mode reusing scenes from all the mods I made (like a compilation, but that was impossible since I keep doing mods).
That was an experiment, but oddly enough, the game I am planning to do next it's exactly that one.

Maybe you could create some bonus levels for each hommage mod, it would be like a middle solution.
Back in the day Big Darsh suggest me to do an introduction/prologue on the AvP mod with a "Sorr characters meet AvP characters" But I refused to stick only to the vanilla material.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  LaGsDAI92 Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:36 pm

Cm_Blast wrote:UPDATE:
Alright, Mod update, this is the new content.
I will write this stuff on the first post too; links should still works.

True. But anyway; there are people doing great plots here and there; for now I will stick to my forte Razz. At some point I was thinking to make a huge mode reusing scenes from all the mods I made (like a compilation, but that was impossible since I keep doing mods).
That was an experiment, but oddly enough, the game I am planning to do next it's exactly that one.

Back in the day Big Darsh suggest me to do an introduction/prologue on the AvP mod with a "Sorr characters meet AvP characters" But I refused to stick only to the vanilla material.

Thanks alot for the updated english version i just did a playthrough and it was really fun Very Happy Im uploading it now to my channel.
LaGsDAI92
LaGsDAI92
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:18 pm

Okay Cm_blast. I've tried all the modes from this mod, especially for VS Mode. At first, I thought if I choose 1 vs 5, I will engage 5 bosses at the same time. Luckily for me, they are just basic enemies and not a boss unlike 1 vs 1 route.

There are two things I want to ask to you :

1. Okay, I never play an original game before, but my feeling said if the music that should be played on final boss battle (Don Quijote) is not a same with music from intro / main menu. Is that true? Correct me if I'm wrong.

2. When playing this mod, I noticed if some of the special enemies / bosses has Spanish name (Coronel, Presentador, etc). I don't know why only the cutscenes which translated to English and not for the enemy names as well? It's possible if you want to make your mod looks cool by doing that, however, it's still unclear because you had converted Spanish language to English for both cutscenes and the enemy names in "The King of Dragons" mod.

Oh, by the way, I found one more mistake. In VS Mode --> 1 vs 5, there is one Signal-2 with default names. You can see it here :

Streets of Rage Remake mod - Power Quest 1rKwctD
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:39 am

Persephone wrote:Okay Cm_blast. I've tried all the modes from this mod, especially for VS Mode. At first, I thought if I choose 1 vs 5, I will engage 5 bosses at the same time. Luckily for me, they are just basic enemies and not a boss unlike 1 vs 1 route.

There are two things I want to ask to you :

1. Okay, I never play an original game before, but my feeling said if the music that should be played on final boss battle (Don Quijote) is not a same with music from intro / main menu. Is that true? Correct me if I'm wrong.

2. When playing this mod, I noticed if some of the special enemies / bosses has Spanish name (Coronel, Presentador, etc). I don't know why only the cutscenes which translated to English and not for the enemy names as well? It's possible if you want to make your mod looks cool by doing that, however, it's still unclear because you had converted Spanish language to English for both cutscenes and the enemy names in "The King of Dragons" mod.

Oh, by the way, I found one more mistake. In VS Mode --> 1 vs 5, there is one Signal-2 with default names. You can see it here :

1. Yes, it's the same as the intro. That was intentional, there isn't too many tracks to choose; the "boss music" was used originally on the Lab's. It's intense and the enemy you fight there has a boss feeling (unfair damage on his attacks). The track that sounds during the lab was the one from the roof, but since on my mod the roof only contain a boss I decided to do the swap.
Then, for the final battle I tried to use a different track to let players know "this is the final boss in the game", and that was the closest to resemble a boss fight music with some kind of intensity. 

2. Mainly because that would require to me to share a second set of palettes and making people to be carefull which palette apply and stuff like that (some people don't ever use palettes at all); you can enter the game's name editor and rewrite those 3 in english. Much more easy. (also, the whole main menu it's in spanish; I won't add multiple screens to change that either).

Alright, Dunno how I missed that Signal, fixing it right now.

I found on the 2 vs 7 that a guy had 20 HP less than it should, and on another part an enemy dropping an item; now are fixed and the mod it's uploaded again.
Also, I didn't say anything, but the icon to appear on the game were changed, from the main characters in his iddle position now they have his "I won" position instead; The default one it's Axe, but anybody can be use, just renaming the files.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:23 pm

Haha, I didn't realize if the enemy in VS Mode have a less HP than it should. And yes, there is area where enemy drop items, but I forget where is it. After this update, I will play it again Smile

I forgot one thing. How about credit sequence in VS Mode? Because it uses Japanese Language instead of English, unlike in story and desafio mode @_@
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:52 pm

Persephone wrote:Haha, I didn't realize if the enemy in VS Mode have a less HP than it should. And yes, there is area where enemy drop items, but I forget where is it. After this update, I will play it again Smile

I forgot one thing. How about credit sequence in VS Mode? Because it uses Japanese Language instead of English, unlike in story and desafio mode @_@
The japanese credits it's just an easter egg; didn't want to show the "main" credits unless you finish the story mode, also the credits are larger, so the music no longer match with them, but I prefered a japanese credits than a simple screen "you win" and/or returning to the main screen. They run faster so feel's a bit incomplete, but the Vs mode it's just a mini-game to expand a bit the lengh.

The game in japanese differs more than you may think (I played the whole game). The main town has a japanese theme (an your friend Louis changes a lot). Also the robots cost 80.000 credits (or yens or whatever), however on the Us release you can switch the character whatever you want. on the japanes you cannot peform any special attack unless you don't buy the pieces (those are the names you see on the shop); it's like not being able to do Haduken until buying a "hadu-punch LV1" piece.

On the US release, when you finish the game, it's over. "thank you" and game remains there, you can only restart (and/or use a password). On japanese, you can actually save (but game it's only in Black and white), and after beating the game you win 100.000 credits, so you continue playing with your current robot (nothing more to do, the tournament is still open and you face don Quijote while he use a random character) or, if you buy a different character, the story start over with that new character.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:36 pm

I made a video-trailer for this mod, as it was missing one. This way people can see exactly what the mod has to offerd and how the shop works and the difference of being closed into the challenge mode; available in the first post

Also, one of the clowns weren't using a axe in one of the paths, so that's fixed now.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down