SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Members: Please Introduce Yourself Here!

+78
TiripsRoirraw
Nightmare_Snake_
Hansuke
ViDi
Puzirkov
mrxskull
SpideyKeiiti
deisha_max
Late goodbye
DeXsTeR
SketchTurner
Spooniest
Maria Lourenço
Rageplay
Iceferno
Jonny1989
JamesLee
RyeRaze
wriggle
Hedgehog45
KOManiacJim
Glisp
vince
TheWolfe
Kormann
SORFan1516
Break
Xillatem
Groovemaster303
cabo-hicks
Shyning77
HeroBorn
Masta Killa
hidralisco
El Gambito
RotaEA
KFCutman
Shiva
Creativeman
iceweb38
Magnus Blade
Shadow Fist King
MangoRyu28
Tarma
SoRFanatic
maruf1000
The Four Seven
BigDarsh
Arcane
DarkValentine
the_master1124
NeoVamp
DamianD
Lithium Flower
RuffNTumble
Rapha.7
Zarzak
house
Cosmo
Mr. Sunset
Shyning
Xenovant
Matt D
Emthree
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Mr.Din
badjab326
William Assunção
Charco
rjbetty
Don Vecta
Laucorn
Ricky
Benny26
Saven
82 posters

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

New Members: Please Introduce Yourself Here! - Page 11 Empty Re: New Members: Please Introduce Yourself Here!

Post  Charco Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:51 am

Mr.Din wrote:Can anyone honestly name a track they dislike in SoRR?

http://sorr.doulifee.com/SORR5OST/45_Walking_on_the_Beach.mp3

Replaced this with Groovemaster303's Over The Bay remix as soon as I got it.

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

New Members: Please Introduce Yourself Here! - Page 11 Empty Re: New Members: Please Introduce Yourself Here!

Post  Mr.Din Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:35 pm

That over the bay remix is no doubt the better track though I still enjoy walking on the beach for that particular stage. Sounds like a lost Streets of Rage track Smile

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Shyning77 Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:04 pm

SMS Power II has to be Groove's best remix IMO.

Concerning Gecko Yamori, I've always been a big fan of his SOR remixes (SID of Rage, Infectious Oldskool and Funkdreamer in particular). It's the reason why I asked him to produce SOR remixes exclusive to SORR. About the v5 soundtrack, I have to say New Wave is indeed one of his best, but I find Max Man II equally awesome. And I have to say SORR wouldn't feel the same without his Player Select, Round Clear and Game Over mixes.

BGM1401 made quite a lot of remixes, all excellent in quality, with a style closest to the original songs.

I wonder why Kaleth is still credited for the soundtrack in v5 since it seems there is no track by him left in this version scratch

About the tracks I like the least in SORR, I have to say it depends more on the game it's taken from than the remixer himself. Without any surprise, it's the worst tracks from SOR3.

Last edited by Shyning77 on Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total

SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Groovemaster303 Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:41 pm

It's been some time since I've spoke about SORR, it seems so long ago now.
Listening to the remixes again recently I have to say Gecko did a great job But BGM1401 was a real diamond he did an incredible job at recreating some very tough tracks.

Worst remix has to go to my version of stealthy steps, I truly dislike it and can't bear to listen to it anymore. Bulldozer also bugs me a little as I would have liked my 2011 remix used instead of the old V4 mix. Kaleth, I remember helped me gain some inspiration by working on a demo which really helped.

I'm doing ok since SORR, Once the game was released I wanted to move on and try something a little different. So I moved onto producing authentic Megadrive music. Often with my good friend Trevin Hughes (Jredd) As well as collaborating with others people from time to time like Cosmo.

I've also got into composing music on my Ipad, Korg Gadget is a cracking piece of software and I used it almost exclusively for my latest album Attack The Boss.
Other than that I'm still a keen gamer when time allows. From Steam to Xbox live and even Facebook where I post random videos of retro games I play or photos of my collection. I'm still around.

Thank you everyone for the kind messages about my remixes too, while I no longer view SORR as my best work as I've improved my skills considerably since. I am still very proud to have been a part of this game.

Here is one of my latest tracks created with Jredd, it has a nice little Ace Of Base inspired 90's vibe.

https://soundcloud.com/jredd/retro-bounce-featuring-groovemaster303mp3

Groovemaster303
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:05 am

I still til this day wish Kaleth had released that unused Happy Paradise remix he did. Speaking of SoR3 remixes Crazy Train is definitely up there on my favorite tracks list. I play the train level for that theme alone, Moon is also very awesome, groove I'm not sure but I think bulldozer is the first track I ever replaced immediately with your remix of it, it's the one that starts off with the guitar correct? Dub Slash is pretty good but I think there was another remix I preferred. Beat Ambiance mixed with chinatown was pure bliss shame it was only used for that specific scene and Poets I? not sure a remix of that particular track can top what's in v5. Tunnelway/Zeed Cargo was good considering it's source I guess I can say that's one track I DO dislike.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:12 am

I'll be honest, I really didn't like the The Super Beach or whatever it was called I can't think of the name of it right now. It was 46.ogg in the game and it played in the bay area in stage 6 on the bad ending route. I usually like BAC's stuff, but that one was just...eh.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:27 am

Saven wrote:I'll be honest, I really didn't like the The Super Beach or whatever it was called I can't think of the name of it right now. It was 46.ogg in the game and it played in the bay area in stage 6 on the bad ending route. I usually like BAC's stuff, but that one was just...eh.
Walking on the Beach? I can see where you guys are coming from, kind of sounds like an arranged Stealthy Steps which in itself isn't the most lively track of the series.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Shyning77 Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:30 pm

Groovemaster303 wrote:Worst remix has to go to my version of stealthy steps, I truly dislike it and can't bear to listen to it anymore. Bulldozer also bugs me a little as I would have liked my 2011 remix used instead of the old V4 mix.
Stealthy Steps is OK IMO, given the original track itself wasn't the best from Yuzo Koshiro to say the least.

I agree your 2011 remix of Bulldozer is better than previous one, but I don't care much about it since the original track already was too noisy and random for my taste.

If I had to point out tracks from you I don't like much, it would be Wave 131, which I find quite flat and monotonous (especially when in direct comparison to New Wave), and The Super Threc, for the same reasons.

Mr.Din wrote:Tunnelway/Zeed Cargo was good considering it's source I guess I can say that's one track I DO dislike.
This very random track (which has to be Yuzo's Automated Composing System at its highest level) is officially named "BGM I (Underground)", according to the Bare Knuckle Original Soundtrack released in 2012 : https://2img.net/h/i822.photobucket.com/albums/zz149/Resurgent_Dragon/Streets%20of%20Rage%20CAW%20Creations/Bare%20Knuckle%20OST%20Pics/Resampled_2012-07-23_22-26-11_546.jpg

Saven wrote:I'll be honest, I really didn't like the The Super Beach or whatever it was called I can't think of the name of it right now. It was 46.ogg in the game and it played in the bay area in stage 6 on the bad ending route. I usually like BAC's stuff, but that one was just...eh.
Walking on the Beach, yeah I know. Sometimes I want to kill the organ playing in that track. It was an unfinished track from B-A-C, and it shows. But at least it was an original (not remixed) song, which is the reason that track was kept for an original (not remastered) stage, I guess. And I agree B-A-C's work is usually better than that, even the Go Straight prototype he made.

SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  cabo-hicks Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:14 pm

hi again shining. Wink

well, about the music thing... yeah, the sorr fangame is great not only for all that it have, is specially even for the music. a thing that really makes me feel proud of it. Wink

i think that some of the best ost that one game could have, are sorr and jets n guns gold, another game that really deserves their money. with a GREAT! ost too. afro

and yes, what a pity that some menbers just has dissapeared like a ghost... Sad
like dangard belmont and kaleth, that we dont know absolutly nothing from they, since many years ago.
is a pity... Sad

cabo-hicks
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  cabo-hicks Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:17 pm

guys, totally offtopic thing, but i have to say it... iam donnie darko!.  lol!  Rolling Eyes

i means... just 2 days ago, i decided to cross the road on red with a rent bycicle. watching first carefully to cross when none comes on the both sides.

do you think that i acting wrong? sure. but trust me, no.

cause, just when i was parking my rent bycicle, one fucking stupid retarded woman Razz (watching his wassap on the mobile phone for sure) crashed their car on the bycicle road, just on the other side of the street.
just when 20 seconds before i was, at the other side...

that means, that if had not gone from there in that moment, i could have ended on a hospital or maybe even dead (who knows! Razz).

and thanks to god that none person was in there in that preciselly moment. when the normal is that there always are people waiting!.Panic  more in those hours, 13:45 when the kids come out from the school soon.

now i take this even as a funny thing. but you can bet that in that moment, i dont see it funny at all. Razz

also, i call the woman retarded, cause instead of give some excuses, she only lied when i just simply ask to her in polite manners: "but, what happened?".

telling me that "she simply commited a little mistake, cause she already knows perfectly that corner".
(well, she crashed their car about 5 or 6 metters far from the corner... Razz).

and she says too, that "it not was too much" so i say to her "no? seriously?, if you entered the middle part of car on the bycicle way on the sidewalk and you even broke one tire!!?"

but is incredible, this "honorable Mrs" (for no say "this fucking bitch"... Razz) just ignore me and lied to me.
...you people could imagine that i just ended send her to the hell, and i saying to her some "beatiful" words.  Evil or Very Mad Razz

so here my advice... dont be scared. but guys and girls take many caution!.
because i saw that since some time ago with the mobile phones, it looks that some people really doents have any brain on their skulls!. scratch

at least on my country there happened many tragic things for that... Razz
so, you must have like 20 eyes when you are... even in the sidewalk!.  Suspect Razz

anyway, the funny thing, is that this "donnie darko joke" i maked is not casual... LOL
because just the previous day of the accident, i was watching at night the donnie darko directors cut. Razz  lol!  Laughing unbelieve, but truth!. hehe

cabo-hicks
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:54 pm

Let's move this to the Random Blabber Topic here: http://www.sorrcommunity.com/t23-the-random-blabber-topic

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:12 pm

Shyning77 wrote:
Mr.Din wrote:Tunnelway/Zeed Cargo was good considering it's source I guess I can say that's one track I DO dislike.
This very random track (which has to be Yuzo's Automated Composing System at its highest level) is officially named "BGM I (Underground)", according to the Bare Knuckle Original Soundtrack released in 2012 : https://2img.net/h/i822.photobucket.com/albums/zz149/Resurgent_Dragon/Streets%20of%20Rage%20CAW%20Creations/Bare%20Knuckle%20OST%20Pics/Resampled_2012-07-23_22-26-11_546.jpg
Heh I guess they changed the name, on the BK3 ost track list it says zeed cargo, which is an interesting name considering you only fight ninjas in that tunnel.

Edit: nope you're right, not sure where I saw it listed as zeed cargo but if I can find the source I'll link it.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Cosmo Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:47 pm

Hey, Groovemaster, nice to see you here. Smile Also noticed you mentioned me as well as Jredd, also a good friend of mine.

I do wish i had enough skill back in the late 2000's/early 2010's so i could have contributed a few pieces to the soundtrack, but i didn't make anything back then that sounded well-produced enough to really earn a position in the SoRR official soundtrack. But oh well, hopefully there will be enough new titles in the future that may hold a position for me, but i won't hold my breath for that. But yeah, all you guys, especially you, paul clark, gecko, and  b-a-c did a wonderful enough job to earn your position in the game. Well done to anyone who worked on the game. Same goes to other members like Kaleth and a few others i may have forgotten about that didn't make it in to the final product. I do agree, however, that your more recent work has only improved over the years, as you have recently made stuff that is just phenominal. Your came a long way, and by 2015, you are nigh untouchable. Very Happy

BTW Shyning, i think Kaleth's name being in the final product might be due to the fact there is a song in there that is a remix of his melody. The tide riders theme, to be more exact. He made an original version back in 2006 that had some kind of synth guitar that, as far as i am concerned, is nonexistent on the internet anymore, i sure hope not. Sad But it got remixed in to a rave style for V4, and then it got remixed again for the final product.  He made another Tide Riders theme back around that time as well(2006) which i remember really loving a lot, and it was quite different and did not have the classic Tide Riders melody that the two remixes have. It might not exist anymore either, but i remember it very clearly and how it went in my head.
Cosmo
Cosmo
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Groovemaster303 Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:17 pm

Thanks Cosmo

I think the big difference in my music post SORR is during the whole time I was working on the game from the end of 06 till release in 2011 I was obsessed with trying to be just as good as Gecko and emulating Yuzo like he and indeed BGM1401 could.

Now though I've found my own sound, no longer do I want to be another Yuzo I want to be me. I'm having fun creating original music, sometimes on my own and sometimes with friends and seeing what happens. It's an incredible feeling to create something original and get so many great comments from people because of it.

Groovemaster303
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Shyning77 Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:23 pm

Cabo-hicks, your Donnie Darko story is quite incredible Shocked

Cosmo wrote:BTW Shyning, i think Kaleth's name being in the final product might be due to the fact there is a song in there that is a remix of his melody. The tide riders theme, to be more exact. He made an original version back in 2006 that had some kind of synth guitar that, as far as i am concerned, is nonexistent on the internet anymore, i sure hope not. Sad But it got remixed in to a rave style for V4, and then it got remixed again for the final product.  He made another Tide Riders theme back around that time as well(2006) which i remember really loving a lot, and it was quite different and did not have the classic Tide Riders melody that the two remixes have. It might not exist anymore either, but i remember it very clearly and how it went in my head.
Thanks for the info. Groove also told us earlier Kaleth helped him for inspiration.

Groovemaster303 wrote:I think the big difference in my music post SORR is during the whole time I was working on the game from the end of 06 till release in 2011 I was obsessed with trying to be just as good as Gecko and emulating Yuzo like he and indeed BGM1401 could.

Now though I've found my own sound, no longer do I want to be another Yuzo I want to be me. I'm having fun creating original music, sometimes on my own and sometimes with friends and seeing what happens. It's an incredible feeling to create something original and get so many great comments from people because of it.
Well, for every discipline (sports, music or arts), before being able to find your own style, you first have to learn your lesson by imitating the masters Wink

SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:30 am

Charco got totally ignored, sorry Charco lol.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:11 am

*/

Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:58 am

Mr.Din wrote:I always loved super threc 8 bit so I have to say that's one of my favorites as well, I still find new wave to be my favorite track of the entire game. Can anyone honestly name a track they dislike in SoRR? I mean I have my less favorable ones but overall the game does an impressive job of keeping the pace like SoR1 and 2 did as far as proper music goes.

I hated the Keep the Groovin' used in v4.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Xillatem Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:34 am

Shyning77 wrote:

Walking on the Beach, yeah I know. Sometimes I want to kill the organ playing in that track. It was an unfinished track from B-A-C, and it shows. But at least it was an original (not remixed) song, which is the reason that track was kept for an original (not remastered) stage, I guess. And I agree B-A-C's work is usually better than that, even the Go Straight prototype he made.

That tune was pretty shite. I replaced it with the V4 Baseball Stadium track, works MUCH better and is a far nicer tune.
Xillatem
Xillatem
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Break Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:13 pm

Hey there! Name's Break. I spent a few hours last night drafting different usernames I could pick to match the intensity of SoRR (and all of Streets of Rage), and I chose this. Inspired by my desire to BRRREAK all enemies before me!... plus I always liked Break Axel. My favorite character is, hands-down, SOR2 Shiva, and has been since I was little and watched my parents play the game. :3

I first found out about the Remake when I was searching for pics of Shiva, in fact, and found his profile image submitted on Bomberlink. Later, I began watching Chanwa's/Soni Chan's Shiva playthroughs on Youtube—videos I watched for three years, I'll add—and I've loved it ever since. I downloaded the game a few weeks ago, and can't stop playing it!

Since I'm fairly new, there are many things I still don't know about the Remake. Namely: Downloads, mods, and palletes, questions I've reserved for anyone willing to hear! I write a furry cartoon short story series (basically detailed cartoon scripts) on my spare time, so I guess you could say I'm involved in children's literature. C:

That's all I've got for now. Hope to make some new friends here. ^-^
Break
Break
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:42 pm

Welcome to the forums, Break.Smile

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  badjab326 Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:43 pm

1Welcome to the forums! Glad you're enjoying SoRR Very Happy

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:02 pm

Welcome
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Break Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:17 pm

Yow, three replies! :3 Well then...

Don Vecta wrote:Welcome to the forums, Break.Smile

Thanks much! To be honest, I was a bit scared that no one was on this forum anymore. O: Shortly after I joined, I didn't see too many new posts, so I was starting to assume that everyone transferred somewhere else!

badjab326 wrote:1Welcome to the forums! Glad you're enjoying SoRR Very Happy

Oh, in that you can believe! I've drooled over the game for 3 years, so playing it is like a dream. X3

Saven wrote:Welcome

Why, thank ya! =3
Break
Break
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Benny26 Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:27 pm

Welcome to the forum Smile

Admin

https://sorr.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum