SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Members: Please Introduce Yourself Here!

+78
TiripsRoirraw
Nightmare_Snake_
Hansuke
ViDi
Puzirkov
mrxskull
SpideyKeiiti
deisha_max
Late goodbye
DeXsTeR
SketchTurner
Spooniest
Maria Lourenço
Rageplay
Iceferno
Jonny1989
JamesLee
RyeRaze
wriggle
Hedgehog45
KOManiacJim
Glisp
vince
TheWolfe
Kormann
SORFan1516
Break
Xillatem
Groovemaster303
cabo-hicks
Shyning77
HeroBorn
Masta Killa
hidralisco
El Gambito
RotaEA
KFCutman
Shiva
Creativeman
iceweb38
Magnus Blade
Shadow Fist King
MangoRyu28
Tarma
SoRFanatic
maruf1000
The Four Seven
BigDarsh
Arcane
DarkValentine
the_master1124
NeoVamp
DamianD
Lithium Flower
RuffNTumble
Rapha.7
Zarzak
house
Cosmo
Mr. Sunset
Shyning
Xenovant
Matt D
Emthree
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Mr.Din
badjab326
William Assunção
Charco
rjbetty
Don Vecta
Laucorn
Ricky
Benny26
Saven
82 posters

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

New Members: Please Introduce Yourself Here! - Page 10 Empty Re: New Members: Please Introduce Yourself Here!

Post  Matt D Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:31 am

Okay. The forum was restored at its original URL. I made you a Founder, Laucorn, with full access to the Administration Control Panel. If you could delete the user "SOR Online" (me) that would be great, then it's all yours to do with as you/everyone wants. Thanks.

I will announce this on the main site tomorrow. I have to go to sleep right now,
Matt D
Matt D
Galsia

Back to top Go down

New Members: Please Introduce Yourself Here! - Page 10 Empty Re: New Members: Please Introduce Yourself Here!

Post  Laucorn Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:35 am

As you wish Matt. I will watch over the forum for you. Take care and feel better.

AKA Mister X Neo
Laucorn
Laucorn
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Shyning77 Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:50 pm

Matt D wrote:It was simply me on forums that caused all the shit and drama over the years. I’m hoping with my recent actions the drama won’t happen again.

This has taken me a long time to write and I’m hoping I’ve covered all the points I wanted to address. Again, I want to apologize to Mr.Din, Cosmo, Badjab, Laucorn, B, hell EVERYONE.
I’m sorry.
It's a pity it took you that long to learn the lesson Doubtful

At least, your message sounds sincere now. I'm glad you typed it, for me, for us, but most important... for YOU ! You kept all that shit for yourself for much too long... You must feel somewhat relieved now, Matt.

Matt D wrote:Eventually Jonny’s SOR Online site got taken down by Gamespy (or whoever the fuck was hosting it at that point), and I decided fuck it, why not just take that shit and revamp it, update it etc, because fuck me that site deserved to be preserved and brought back, and if Jonny Hughson wasn’t going to do it, then why shouldn’t I? I know. It wasn’t even my site. But as you all know, at this point I was adept at taking shit that didn’t belong to me and using it however I saw fit. Maybe that’s unfair. Maybe it’s not.
Whether it's fair or not, I'm glad you saved Jonny's website. It contained such a valuable content that shouldn't be lost, IMO. And if, one day, you don't want to run your website anymore, I hope someone else will continue it (with your consent would be best Smile).

Matt D wrote:This also came at the time of a ‘forum war’ with BA.
Someone please help me. Who or what is "BA" ? scratch

Matt D wrote:Sadly, I still hadn’t learned from my ‘forum impersonation’ experiences. In another attempt to ‘encourage more activity’ during a quiet time, I posed as more fake accounts, most notably “Shyning”, a former moderator from the original ezboard forum who I figured would bring in some more traffic if he were back.

Shyning, I’m sorry for what I did. You’re right, identity fraud is wrong. I SO realize that now. It’s stupid, and sad. I honestly just wish it didn’t take the better part of 10 years and the respect of probably everyone in the community to come to that realization. I have caused you worry, and probably offense. I am truly sorry, you didn’t deserve that at all. Nobody in the community deserved any of this, in fact.
I must say I have no hate nor anger against you, not at all. As I say, as far as I know, no harm was done to anyone (not even me) using those fake accounts. And given the content of the messages you posted with my nickname, I'm certain no harm was intented. I'm just a little dissapointed, but above eveything, I feel sad for you. So much damage done to the whole community and to yourself for so little or no benefit... Crying or Very sad

Mr.Din wrote:I never saw the reason to be competitive in the first place, SoR isn't some super popular thriving franchise with a million fan sites and communities at most we're probably looking at 3-4 forums, a website and couple of wikis (still impressive for a beat 'em up dormant over 2 decades) [...].
iceweb38 wrote:You're right, it's never been a competition, SOR is way too small for a franchise first of all and then, our forum was only focused on the SORR project, though we have an active off topic forum too for things like SOR or other many things. But the Bombergames forum never was a place focused on SoR in general so the notion of competition has always been silly to me.
I 100% agree. The Bombergames website/forum never competed against SOR Online. As you say, thinking about competition between those two websites was nonsense since Bombergames was focused on SORR while SOR Online was interested in Streets of Rage as a whole.

Mr.Din wrote:Eidolon's decent at keeping the main site fresh and together, I'll give him that much credit but he's being too much of a diva to run a forum.
I will give him that credit too. His website contains all the valuable content from Jonny's original website plus much more now. It would be a total waste for the community to shut it down. I won't say much about running a forum, though, since I had trouble myself moderating the old EZ boards at SOR Online in the end.

Mr.Din wrote:Regardless the reason, everything was just fine prior to this shyning thing surfacing.
It had to happen one day or another. That "fine" status (apparently only) wouldn't have lasted forever anyway. One should be aware that bad behaviour always gives bad consequences back, sooner or later. It would have been better if I brought that thing up two years earlier instead of now, I guess, but hey, I didn't chose the moment of my come back ! Laughing Hard

Matt D wrote:Okay. The forum was restored at its original URL. I made you a Founder, Laucorn, with full access to the Administration Control Panel. If you could delete the user "SOR Online" (me) that would be great, then it's all yours to do with as you/everyone wants. Thanks.
Thanks in the name of the whole SOR community, Matt. Now THAT is a smart move from you ! Wink

SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:13 pm

^ BA stands for Brawlers Avenue, my upcoming beat em up dedicated site. I posted style info in the random blabber topic.

As for this issue being inevitable that was basically my point no matter how it would happen it was going to happen but had there not been the impersonation in the first place things probably still would've been fine, the drama was self imposed and a whole community shouldn't suffer because of the past action of one person. But that was more in response to Matt feeling like everyone is ganging up on him which isn't the case.

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Shyning77 Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:34 pm

Mr.Din wrote:^ BA stands for Brawlers Avenue, my upcoming beat em up dedicated site. I posted style info in the random blabber topic.
Thanks for the info Wink

Mr.Din wrote:As for this issue being inevitable that was basically my point no matter how it would happen it was going to happen but had there not been the impersonation in the first place things probably still would've been fine, the drama was self imposed and a whole community shouldn't suffer because of the past action of one person. But that was more in response to Matt feeling like everyone is ganging up on him which isn't the case.
Agreed. But if the impersonation was probably the worst part of it, there still was another part that had pissed many community members off, it seems. And all that shit would have still been hidden if it wasn't me to come back and bring things up.

All in all, I'm glad for the community that Matt finally felt "forced" to post his very long message to clear things up and admit what many of us had guessed. Maybe that message will be one of the best things he did for himself, and a new start for him, I hope !

SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:57 pm

Shyning77 wrote:
Mr.Din wrote:^ BA stands for Brawlers Avenue, my upcoming beat em up dedicated site. I posted style info in the random blabber topic.
Thanks for the info Wink

Mr.Din wrote:As for this issue being inevitable that was basically my point no matter how it would happen it was going to happen but had there not been the impersonation in the first place things probably still would've been fine, the drama was self imposed and a whole community shouldn't suffer because of the past action of one person. But that was more in response to Matt feeling like everyone is ganging up on him which isn't the case.
Agreed. But if the impersonation was probably the worst part of it, there still was another part that had pissed many community members off, it seems. And all that shit would have still been hidden if it wasn't me to come back and bring things up.

All in all, I'm glad for the community that Matt finally felt "forced" to post his very long message to clear things up and admit what many of us had guessed. Maybe that message will be one of the best things he did for himself, and a new start for him, I hope !
That's basically what I was trying to say, by "fine" I meant other than what he did specifically there weren't any actual problems or drama as he made it seem in a previous site update. I'm glad everything has been cleared up though because all of this stuff even while hidden just felt really awkward like something wasn't right. Hopefully from here on things go smoother.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Cosmo Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:30 am

It is fine to see that you yourself decided to step out and admit everything all yourself. Something i have discovered over the years, if you admit to something dishonest you did and sincerely apologize for it, people are more likely to be accepting and forgiving of it. It is hard to come to that point, but the fact of the matter is, if you keep trying to hide what you did, even if you legitimately feel guilty about it, it won't exactly strike a good nerve towards other people who have no idea of your intentions or your thought process, it gives the illusion of guile. Admitting it gives the vibe of someone who has matured and genuinely wants to change. However, one must also learn there is a limit as to how much they can keep doing it before the rest of people start getting suspicious again, whether they mean it or not. This is why i think now is definitely the right time to stop what you have done before for good and admit your wrongs in a truthful way as you have before you go one step too far.

I myself can relate to the whole fake identity thing as i myself have actually gone through that phase for a while. I wasn't always happy with my real self nor did i find myself very interesting, so i hid under the guise of a random black man with my Cosmo name, that way i could fake that my life was more interesting than it was, and then i switch to another person who is a skinny white guy from NY under the name SupremeRuler, i think i mainly used this because it seemed like some people saw through my lies that i was 8 years older than i really was so i could feel secure enough to still post and correct my faults at convincing people of my age. Then, at one point, i had Denida for when i felt like being a troll without ruining my main reputation as i was happy with that bit of reputation i had. I later kept that persona of slightly older black man Cosmo because i used to fear revealing my true self would shock people and they may not like me anymore, but i gained a bit of security and wisdom over the years that coming right out and admitting your faults will actually do the opposite, and people finding out without you telling will anger them. But for some time now, i completely gave up on that and decided to just be honest and real. That way, it will lead to less issues concerning me. It's much less of a hassle and much easier to keep up with when you are just being yourself. I think it is good you did so, you will feel much relieved and much happier about yourself now that you did. Very Happy
Cosmo
Cosmo
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:34 am

Whoa~! Confession time! Shocked

So, Cosmo, don't tell me you were SupremeRuler? lol, interesting, I always heard of guys impersonating girls but not viceversa. Anyways, as I said, it's rather interesting.

Well,if you guys can get past it, good. Leave it where it is: in the past.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Cosmo Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:50 am

I'm a guy, actually. Razz

But yeah, i agree. It is best stayed in the past. And if anyone can't get over the past, then that is solely their problem. Things happen, things change, things never return after they change, etc. It's foolish.
Cosmo
Cosmo
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt D Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:13 am

I appreciate the sentiments, and am glad the overall community seems to be in a better place now.
Matt D
Matt D
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  JoyJoyfulRabbit Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:58 pm

SupremeRuler from Bombergames?! Shocked Isn't the one used a girl (Ty Lee?) icon from Avatar?
JoyJoyfulRabbit
JoyJoyfulRabbit
Electra

Back to top Go down

Post  Shyning77 Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:11 pm

Don Vecta wrote:So, Cosmo, don't tell me you were SupremeRuler?
How did I knew that if you guys didn't know ? Doubtful Maybe it was you, Cosmo, who told me about it a few years ago ? Or was it only a rumor ?

Cosmo wrote:But yeah, i agree. It is best stayed in the past. And if anyone can't get over the past, then that is solely their problem. Things happen, things change, things never return after they change, etc. It's foolish.
Yeah, and "what's done is done". And may I add "everything has a beginning and an end", as B would say Smile

Matt D wrote:I appreciate the sentiments, and am glad the overall community seems to be in a better place now.
As I said, I'm glad for you that you confessed all that Wink Enjoy your new status ! Very Happy

SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  cabo-hicks Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:41 pm

shining, how we could know for sure that you are the true shining and not another clone?  Neutral

sorry, i just joking... iam a clown  clown and this is only my stupid humour sense... Wink  Basketball  cheers

ps:
----
man all those years "in mars"... (LOL)  you know, i means without visit this sor forums...

i just say, that there will be a lot of many very good things that you missed and must see now.

but not only those sor things i refer before... as sor2 syndicate wars, etc.
also i means... for example the openbor engine, that grows bestially...

you can take a look to tmnt shell shocked demo, for see a very cool fangame on the way.
or to that resident evil 2 fan ramake, or that sonic 2 hd demo that restarted on the passed year 2014.

as you say, today is possible see things better than never.
it looks sorr was like "the begin" for see that today fangamers community are abble to create. doing incredible things.

as some incredible good mods maked for many 3d games, that looks like "official addons", but are just fan stuff really well done.

even myself get surprised with this things!... Razz Laughing Hard

people started to do better games that the official videogame manufacturers...
(as that re 2 hd remake for example. better than the modern re games from capcom. since have good graphics and includes 3 different cameras. so you can play that ways, including the true original style resident evil is)

greetings Smile

ps:
----
iam surprised, and i have to read all this... but it looks the things go for good now?.

well, i hope will follow that way.

as i always say, im sick of see fights everytime beetwhen the sor fans.
for that we should be called "the fight club" instead or "the sor fans"... isnt? Razz

cabo-hicks
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cosmo Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:22 pm

Shyning77 wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:So, Cosmo, don't tell me you were SupremeRuler?
How did I knew that if you guys didn't know ? Doubtful Maybe it was you, Cosmo, who told me about it a few years ago ? Or was it only a rumor ?

I think i told you on Windows Live a few some years back. I remember you came online once and i revealed to you the person i used to claim to be was a put-on and that i had another multiple account or two. I told you in confidence because i trusted you'd react with calmness and acceptance and probably had some sense you wouldn't go telling, while the rest i wasn't so sure, i was still worried the rest would have me lynched if they found out.

And yes, JoyJoy, i did have TyLee for a while back then. One of my favorite Avatar(npi) characters. Smile
Cosmo
Cosmo
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  cabo-hicks Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:48 pm

well, after read all the matt message i was incredible surprised... Shocked Shocked

as long i came here or since miarroba times (iam the older wolf in here or what? LOL) saddly i was saying ALWAYS the same again and again... Razz

"guys dont fight!, please keep the community joined and in "good roll", not at the contrary..." and all that shit...

too much fights happened for me taste since that. bad roll or "hater campains" to newer menbers, stupid fights everytime, etc. too much!... Evil or Very Mad

so with this and the matt behaviour... really, even when i tried to put some peace beetwhen all you guys...
i just finally ended thinking that it was completelly impossible to fix that. and i just walking away.

apart, i also value a lot the community works. including sorr mods and of course the sor hacks. my favourites!. Smile

and there are a lot of hackers that already created incredible works...

since streets of rage 2 syndicate wars with playable enemies, to the adam maked by daors, to many others hackers works... (as klares, lorenzo the comic, shen jiawey, eggbandicoot, kratus, bison... and so many others that now i forgot).

...but saddly, the matt behaviour maked that people dont want to post on their hacks threads on sor--online.

and you know, is very sad see how one guy spends their time with ilussion. just for make something as a gift for others... and that he only have 1 or 2 responses sometimes.  Crying or Very sad

so, i think this could be a good moment for make a better sor community...
(even lorenzo opened a new hacking forum too! Smile ).

a new one without more damn fights and all that. that i hope at least!. Razz

cabo-hicks
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  cabo-hicks Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:53 pm

also, the matt message sounds sincere to me. maybe a bit late. but is good anyway.

however, you must know the... "confidence story":
-----------------------------------------------------
a child ask to their father about the "confidence".

so for give a good example to him, the father makes the kid nailed nails into a piece of wood.
and their father says to him: "now, remove the nails from the wood. do you see these holes?"
"yes father" says the boy.

"alright, those holes are the result when you betray someone that trusted on you... got it?"
"no matter if you apologizes to him, always left a scar on him... so try to not do that as much as you can."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i just try to say, that the trust or the confidence always needs their time...

but anyway, i have to say that it was brave from matt say finally the truth. is a good beggining.
and i will never expected that. it really surprises me.

although matt commited many big mistakes, i also notice how good was the sor--online site for the community. and all the information, fangames, etc that it have inside.

so, is pretty simple: you DONT NEED to be "the best" or have the best website, or have the more menbers belong to one site.

the simple fact of maintain an sor site full of info, etc... is more than enough to make people happy.
and consecuently, makes they will value you.  theres no need to make bizarre things, or lies, etc. Razz

that was a thing that really frustrate me a lot when i though about matt and his site...

cause damn!... is more easy make people will like or value you just for maintain a cool sor site alive, that make that they hate you!.  tongue  

and you got they hate you for all that bad behaviour. as i say, you got the HARDER thing possible!. Razz  Mad

but now you looks sincere. you can change...

matt you must do it not only for you... do it for YOUR KIDS!.
you should know, that kids see their fathers as "super heroes". yeah, is truth. Smile

so you must try that they will be better than you in any aspects of the life...
just in the same way that we should try too to do the same if we can get our sons too. Wink
you know what i mean?

ps:
----
by the way, some single lady in the forum?... iam avaliable!. clown lol! Laughing

greetings Wink

ps2:
-----
well, i think i can say it now... as yoda will say:  Laughing

New Members: Please Introduce Yourself Here! - Page 10 1422373953

cabo-hicks
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:33 pm

I have this itching feeling new members are going to have a wtf moment before posting in here. lol! maybe a split is needed?

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  BigDarsh Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:32 pm

Sure they will, but to me, it's a good thing. I joined this community without any knowledge of all this mess, and when I start to hear about this, it was "too late" and I open wounds that I did'nt even know the existence.

As say Cabo-hicks, scars exist, just show them and everyone will understand how to deal with it. I'm very happy of the huge turn that just happen for the community. It's like a new start !

Back in our day, you had one sound effect for 20 things, and you came to love that sound effect.
Back in our day... Streets of Rage - the Classic - the Original - was the best damn game out there."

-CajNatalie-
BigDarsh
BigDarsh
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Shyning77 Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:04 pm

cabo-hicks wrote:shining, how we could know for sure that you are the true shining and not another clone?  Neutral

sorry, i just joking... iam a clown  clown and this is only my stupid humour sense... Wink  Basketball  cheers

ps:
----
man all those years "in mars"... (LOL)  you know, i means without visit this sor forums...
I've always loved your enthusiasm, man Smile You're not necessarily the easiest to read in English, but at least you make me smile every time ! Very Happy

cabo-hicks wrote:you can take a look to tmnt shell shocked demo, for see a very cool fangame on the way.
or to that resident evil 2 fan ramake, or that sonic 2 hd demo that restarted on the passed year 2014.
I had a look at Sonic 2 HD, and it's exactly what it looks like : a HD version of Sonic 2. Very nice.

Resident Evil 2 Reborn is more ambitious. At first, you may think the backgrounds are the old 2D ones which have just been upscaled in HD ala Resident Evil HD Remaster. It's only when the view changes that you are amazed to see that the backgrounds have been remade in true 3D Shocked The choice between 3 views (original, first person and RE4) is a very nice touch. I would be surprised if Capcom doesn't take a cease and desist action soon though. That is unless they plan to buy the project and its team later on to turn it "official" Wink

Cosmo wrote:I think i told you on Windows Live a few some years back. I remember you came online once and i revealed to you the person i used to claim to be was a put-on and that i had another multiple account or two. I told you in confidence because i trusted you'd react with calmness and acceptance and probably had some sense you wouldn't go telling, while the rest i wasn't so sure, i was still worried the rest would have me lynched if they found out.
Yeah, I think you finally told me, but I'm pretty sure someone else figured it out and told me before you did.

cabo-hicks wrote:well, i think i can say it now... as yoda will say:  Laughing

New Members: Please Introduce Yourself Here! - Page 10 1422373953
Excellent ! Laughing And I agree about the thoughts you typed above that image too Wink

BTW, does anyone have any news from Kaleth ?

SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:06 pm

Nope unfortunately, Kaleth kinda just disappeared Sad

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:25 pm

I last talked to him shortly after SORR came out to let him know that the game had been released (he left the forum a little before that). But yeah, he hasn't been around since then.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Groovemaster303 Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:15 pm

Who is this Shyning chap?, never heard of him before Wink

How's tricks anyway?, keeping well I hope.

Groovemaster303
SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Shyning77 Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:55 pm

Holy crap, Groove ! You're here !!! bounce

I'm fine, thanks. What about you ?

I think I didn't have the opportunity to tell you, so I won't miss it now : I'm a fan of your "SMS Power II" remix. While playing SORR, I always take my time to choose a route at the start just to listen to that excellent remix of The Super Threc (8-bit version) Very Happy It's so catchy it makes the player feel like he can't wait to play the game, but he has to in order to listen to the song Facepalm with a Desk

SorR Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:08 pm

My favourite Groove track on SORR Very Happy

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:56 am

I always loved super threc 8 bit so I have to say that's one of my favorites as well, I still find new wave to be my favorite track of the entire game. Can anyone honestly name a track they dislike in SoRR? I mean I have my less favorable ones but overall the game does an impressive job of keeping the pace like SoR1 and 2 did as far as proper music goes.

Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum