SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle for Rio 2

+13
William Assunção
Saven
Security
cabo-hicks
Charco
iceweb38
88fighter
oracle
graylandertagger
celestinx
Mr.Din
Ducobson
Don Vecta
17 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Battle for Rio 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Battle for Rio 2

Post  Guest Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:52 pm

Fit bird in the picture.

...what? Did I destroy the subtlety? Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:47 pm

I need to get my eyesight inspected. I couldn't locate a single ocean-bird... Must be those tiny dots amidst the trees on the small island... My poor eyesight is getting worse by the day... Monocle

First i don't notice an entire Caska with full name and lifebar next to Mr.X, or even worse the sketches themselves with headlines and now i fail to locate a bird in a picture of natural habitat. My poor eyes... cyclops
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  William Assunção Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:49 pm

Security wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:
I'm seeing something else besides Rio... Twisted Evil

The small island with the tree? And the big one to the right with technology? Yes, i notice that they conflict with each other, but i don't change opinion, Rio IS paradise on earth! pirat

Good one Vecta Laughing

Security: Rio is not the "earth paradise" like you think anymore, now Rio sadly became a decadent and bankrupt state, full of violence, and corruption, recentely two ex-governors was arrested involved in corruption scandals

To anyone understand this, watch both "Tropa de Elite 1 and 2" [ Elite Squad ] and then will understand what i'm talking about.

Don't get me wrong, i like Rio too and i wish Rio recover from his crisis ASAP [ because of this crisis i give up to return there again by now ( i visited there 3 times and i confirm there is a beautiful city with great places to visit ) and don't forget, the Brazil have another great cities and places to visit too Wink
William Assunção
William Assunção
Donovan

https://www.youtube.com/user/yuriassuncao

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:29 am

William Assunção wrote:Security: Rio is not the "earth paradise" like you think anymore, now Rio sadly became a decadent and bankrupt state, full of violence, and corruption, recentely two ex-governors was arrested involved in corruption scandals

To anyone understand this, watch both "Tropa de Elite 1 and 2"  [ Elite Squad ] and then will understand what i'm talking about.

Don't get me wrong, i like Rio too and i wish Rio recover from his crisis ASAP [ because of this crisis i give up to return there again by now ( i visited there 3 times and i confirm there is a beautiful city with great places to visit ) and don't forget, the Brazil have another great cities and places to visit too Wink

I see... I am sorry, i didn't know so much in-depth information. Then again, pretty much the entire world is in similar state today, especially Europe (or so it is being said), cough! Still, in Rio, as you say, the corrupted parasites at least get arrested; here in my place not only they run rampant and amuck, but they keep their positions, getting follower-bootlickers and even enjoying special social perks, instead of being hunted/punished... I wish the best. Our era is the era of Crisis, many, different, various, big Crisis in many fields. Well, at least Rio has a lot of beauty to make up for some of the ugliness; other places are dipped knee in ugliness without a single redeeming value whatsoever... Crying or Very sad

I will see that which you recommended, thanks for the suggestion. silent
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:57 am

William Assunção wrote:Security: Rio is not the "earth paradise" like you think anymore, now Rio sadly became a decadent and bankrupt state, full of violence, and corruption, recentely two ex-governors was arrested involved in corruption scandals

I don't think he thought of Rio as a paradise in the overall sense. Violence and corruption in Rio is well known and documented, and have been around in the city for quite some time now - a police helicopter went down this week in the same day BOPE operated with ninja masks in favelas Ninja

As for the economy, problems are not exclusive to Rio. Today another state (Rio Grande do Sul) declared "state of public calamity" because of their finances and more Brazilian states are going through difficult times. The two ex-governors, previously seen as untouchables, now in prison and the on-going Operation Car Wash investigation in Brazil are seen as positive developments of the crisis Authority

Last edited by oracle on Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
oracle
oracle
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:21 am

Security wrote:I will see that which you recommended, thanks for the suggestion. silent

Elite Squad 1 & 2 are good picks, especially the second one (a lot more political and deep than the first) Thumbs up
oracle
oracle
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:51 pm

Here is my play on Mania!

For some reason, sound is completely asynchronous with video/motion, i don't know why. My other videos on SORR plays had some minor lags here and there, but this one is completely out of order. I apologize. At least i rearranged Rio for good! What a Face
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:31 pm

You should try getting OBS.
Though its design intention is for streaming, it doubles up perfectly as a video recording program.
I remember suggesting this to Vecta a long time ago and he's made good use of it.

All those shitty 'pls pay or we watermark/limit you' programs are behind the times.

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:23 pm

CajNatalie wrote:You should try getting OBS.
Though its design intention is for streaming, it doubles up perfectly as a video recording program.
I remember suggesting this to Vecta a long time ago and he's made good use of it.

All those shitty 'pls pay or we watermark/limit you' programs are behind the times.

Thanks, i will try and see
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:19 am

I don't know why OBS doesn't get the attention that it deserves. I tried looking for a good free one for a very long time and finally came across that one last year and was amazed at how no one uses it. It isn't even debatable that it's the best free video capturing software out there. Everyone who doesn't have paid video capturing software needs to use that.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkThief Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:42 am

Funnily enough I was just thinking about asking what the best recorder is (ie. one that doesn't lag or give huge filesizes)...I shall give this one a try.
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Sshadow5001 Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:03 pm

I use OBS for recording games on the PC, it takes some getting used to tweaking the settings so you get decent quality without gigantic file sizes but it's worth it.

I actually use it when playing Streets of Rage Remake so i can play it in full screen, for some reason i get terrible screen tearing when I use full screen in game but through OBS it expands the 2x size to full plus it's in it's original aspect ration.
Sshadow5001
Sshadow5001
Nora

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmNvw20OcpFvDYiaKt9w

Back to top Go down

Post  VidGmr1996 Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:43 pm

Thought I whip up a review for this one as well. I was surprised to see that you released a sequel so soon. Like I said before, I played v1.4 and decided to

So yeah, the game feels like a companion piece to the first one, and that's not a bad thing. It's like this one and the one before is one huge adventure, and instead of simply rehashing what the things you've done in the first, you changed it up a bit to keep things fresh. Both games almost feel like one huge hub world, as we even return to a few locales from the first, which is a nice touch.

From the get-go, it's a bit more difficult than the first mod, which brought in a good challenge. This mod even amped up the usage of SoRMaker, and you executed it brilliantly, and some things made me laugh, such as the pop culture references, and others had me question things like 'how did he make this?' and 'wow, I never knew you could do that?'

The music choices fit appropriately to the levels, such as that Celldweller track you used, which helped introduced me to a new favorite music composer. Some of the hip-hop tracks were pretty funny, like one of them sampling the Halloween theme, and another one using Jigglypuff voice samples.

The story is pretty cool as well, which made the entertainment factor even higher, and grew a bit from the themes of riot and heavy oppression to introducing robots and the like.

This is a very well-done mod, and you gave us a nice second impression.
VidGmr1996
VidGmr1996
Galsia

http://goebung.neocities.org

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:08 am

VidGmr1996 wrote:Both games almost feel like one huge hub world, as we even return to a few locales from the first, which is a nice touch

Maybe next year I can expand the story and city and merge both games as @graylandertagger suggested here - I said it would not play well, but I learned how to get around some SORMaker constraints. Would you like to see something like this?

Thanks for the review! Cheers Smile
oracle
oracle
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:07 pm

Security wrote:Later, i learnt it was the "Blue Angel" and was a particularly strong one, with a mix of "white" spirits inside (vodka, rum and other 2 i don't remember now), plus blue curacao and 1 or two more ingredients! That one was my first major drink knockdown! I was thirsty from the sun/heat, so i drunk it quickly, then fell asleep for half a day or something, remembering nothing when i woke up!

Could it be that the Blue Angel is a lot stronger than the Blue Lagoon? drunken here, i just found the emoticon of you after drinking it: Sleep
oracle
oracle
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:20 pm

Hmmm, will we get the new version of both Rio mods???
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  I.am.Blaze Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:49 am

I've just completed my 4th playthrough of this mod. My opinion? This is a very well made mod & obviously lots of effort appears to have gone into making it. Like the Never Back Down mod, this one is also very long and hard similar to Ron Jeremy's 'you know what'.

Things I like about this mod: Nice visuals, good sound effects & music variety, guns available from the beginning so it's possible to turn this into a Metal Slug style run & gun game if I get tired to trying to complete this the 'old fashioned' way.

My main gripe with this mod: Too many dark areas. There were a couple of scenarios where I felt like I was playing blind, as if my monitor had been switched off. The Rudra fight countdown in the underground gym that extends to the elevator escape is another thing I didn't quite like.
I.am.Blaze
I.am.Blaze
Galsia

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUqpyoA7ag_ObJz1rFablGA

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:17 pm

I.am.Blaze wrote:I've just completed my 4th playthrough of this mod. My opinion? This is a very well made mod & obviously lots of effort appears to have gone into making it. Like the Never Back Down mod, this one is also very long and hard similar to Ron Jeremy's 'you know what'.

Hello I.am.Blaze. I'm happy that you liked it. Smile You should check the WIP of my next mod at https://sorr.forumotion.net/t524-rudra-2029-pilot I would love to hear your feedback about it.

Cheers!
oracle
oracle
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4