SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle for Rio 2

+13
William Assunção
Saven
Security
cabo-hicks
Charco
iceweb38
88fighter
oracle
graylandertagger
celestinx
Mr.Din
Ducobson
Don Vecta
17 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Battle for Rio 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Battle for Rio 2

Post  oracle Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:42 pm

88fighter wrote:Please,give me link to the version 1.2 or 1.1, it is posible? Just in the v2.0 others locations and scenes.Me liked levels in the old version( v2.0 it is too very good) Sorry,to my bad english(

Here you go Razz
1.1 http://www.mediafire.com/download/b8douabsn1jg6u7
1.2 http://www.mediafire.com/download/j1ho9le4lhwbe5s
oracle
oracle
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  88fighter Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:02 pm

oracle wrote:
88fighter wrote:Please,give me link to the version 1.2 or 1.1, it is posible? Just in the v2.0 others locations and scenes.Me liked levels in the old version( v2.0 it is too very good) Sorry,to my bad english(

Here you go Razz
1.1 http://www.mediafire.com/download/b8douabsn1jg6u7
1.2 http://www.mediafire.com/download/j1ho9le4lhwbe5s
Thanks)
88fighter
88fighter
Galsia

https://vk.com/id112984837

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Thu May 05, 2016 12:37 am

So I finally got the time to play this one!
At first I actually feared it was just going to be a repeat of the first BFR but you managed to put in unique things to make it different.

About the stages, I absolutely have not much new to add regarding the other reviews, most of them are nice eye candies and well constructed but I've got to say I truly have a soft spot for the second stage. The whole fight during the concert is something I always wanted to see after becoming a big Scott Pilgrim fan and you managed to pull an awesome one!
I also enjoyed the stage 4 in which you have to check many appartments. I thought that was a fun idea and pretty nicely executed in your mod, especially with the different themes each room got. As Vecta pointed out, a shame you didn't try to make the hotel much more different.

I suppose you went out of your comfort zone while designing the stage 5.
I don't know many people who would have designed a Rudra battle and an elevator battle with a countdown. I barely made it but I can see why it would make one that has failed upset. At least you give that concept a try!

Even though the story was quite frankly not interesting, the strongest part of your mod is once again the staging, the whole playthrough never gets dull once all thanks to the variety of stages, the events, the smart stages designs you came up with, the awesome customized items (the Batman ones are just too awesome). It all makes the stages lively and that's a big plus for me!
Even a simple stage like the Shiva villa gets fun thanks to the way it was built, it was kinda reminiscent of Kill Bill and that alone made it enjoyable to me!

You still manage to impress me, even if BFR2 won't be as memorable as the first one, it is a work of great quality!
But yeah, I definitely agree with Vecta about your work pacing: whenever you release a full product, take the time to collect the reviews then sometime later, work at your pace to improve your work according to the feedbacks you got and your own judgement. Making many updates in such a short span of time can be counter-productive.

If you ever decide to get back to modding, feel free to do what you want but I personnaly hope it won't be a BFR3, not because I didn't like BTR on the contrary but only because I want to see what you'd be able to do with other kind of mods Wink

P.S: Watched your documentary video and I'm just blown away by how you got creative with the many real life events and places you have been referencing! And heh, even that video is as well constructed and polished as your mods! Thanks a lot for making it!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle Thu May 26, 2016 8:15 am

iceweb38 wrote:
If you ever decide to get back to modding, feel free to do what you want but I personnaly hope it won't be a BFR3, not because I didn't like BTR on the contrary but only because I want to see what you'd be able to do with other kind of mods Wink

Funny that you thought about Scott Pilgrim during the concert fight. I was a bit with SP vs. the World in my mind, I even went through some of SP game soundtracks at the time of design. For the final stage, I really had Kill Bill V1 fight as inspiration for that.

The next, it definitely won't be a BFR3, a Shadowrun-inspired mod is what I'm obsessed about this time. I hope I can allocate the time I need to start working on it later this year or I will be frustrated. The experience of modding is very enjoyable and I want to go back to it soon

Thanks for the big review and encouragement. Cheers! Smile
oracle
oracle
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Sat May 28, 2016 1:54 pm

oracle wrote:Funny that you thought about Scott Pilgrim during the concert fight. I was a bit with SP vs. the World in my mind, I even went through some of SP game soundtracks at the time of design. For the final stage, I really had Kill Bill V1 fight as inspiration for that.

Considering how accurate I was then, it shows how well you conveyed with your work!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:39 am

iceweb38 wrote:
I want to see what you'd be able to do with other kind of mods Wink

It looks like we've a title and a title screen Basketball

Battle for Rio 2 - Page 3 30w2x50
oracle
oracle
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:14 am

oracle wrote:
iceweb38 wrote:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Panic Panic Panic Panic Panic

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr.Din Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:06 am

oracle wrote:
iceweb38 wrote:

OH Snap!

Forum Elder

http://www.brawlersavenue.net

Back to top Go down

Post  iceweb38 Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:49 pm

The anticipation is gonna kill me! Very Happy

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:38 pm

Hello, my friends! Here comes a big surprise update for BFR2! Download link in the first post - I will add more links soon.

Now in addition to Onyx Corp, you go to Rudra's apartment in stage 7. As she is one of my fav characters, this one is carefully built with many scenes, new objects, luxury, magic and effects. Another singer makes an appearance in stage 6 - it's Rihanna!  You can now take a taxi if you prefer instead of the subway in stage 2. Most stages got some update and extensions, including Shiva's mansion which now has an entrance. I hope you all enjoy it!  Smile

Battle for Rio 2 - Page 3 F06q8n Battle for Rio 2 - Page 3 2gua878
Battle for Rio 2 - Page 3 T6yo09 Battle for Rio 2 - Page 3 21j5flf
Battle for Rio 2 - Page 3 6ixyye Battle for Rio 2 - Page 3 T0p37q

Changelog (v3.0 - Olympics Edition):
- Stage 1: added a new boss scene (new boss: Kurayami).
- Stage 2: added taxi scenes, lighting to the Sega Club and removed some excess
of enemies in the first scene of the club.
- Stage 4: added lighting to the chinese restaurant, fixed small restaurant map
issue (getting stuck situation).
- Stage 6: added Rih concert scenes.
- Stage 7: added Rudra's house (comprising of several new scenes starting at
scene 12), improved Onyx office (removed Rudra from this part) and added new
escape scene.
- Stage 8: added Shiva's mansion entrance and a final extension scene,
improved Brito's boat scenes (more enemies, objects and some visual changes).
- Other changes: replaced some songs, improved traffic and small palette and
object updates (like the new women bag).
oracle
oracle
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  graylandertagger Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:53 pm

oracle wrote:Hello, my friends! Here comes a big surprise update for BFR2! Download link in the first post - I will add more links soon.

Now in addition to Onyx Corp, you go to Rudra's apartment in stage 7. As she is one of my fav characters, this one is carefully built with many scenes, new objects, luxury, magic and effects. Another singer makes an appearance in stage 6 - it's Rihanna!  You can now take a taxi if you prefer instead of the subway in stage 2. Most stages got some update and extensions, including Shiva's mansion which now has an entrance. I hope you all enjoy it!  Smile

Battle for Rio 2 - Page 3 F06q8n Battle for Rio 2 - Page 3 2gua878
Battle for Rio 2 - Page 3 T6yo09 Battle for Rio 2 - Page 3 21j5flf
Battle for Rio 2 - Page 3 6ixyye Battle for Rio 2 - Page 3 T0p37q

Changelog (v3.0 - Olympics Edition):
- Stage 1: added a new boss scene (new boss: Kurayami).
- Stage 2: added taxi scenes, lighting to the Sega Club and removed some excess
of enemies in the first scene of the club.
- Stage 4: added lighting to the chinese restaurant, fixed small restaurant map
issue (getting stuck situation).
- Stage 6: added Rih concert scenes.
- Stage 7: added Rudra's house (comprising of several new scenes starting at
scene 12), improved Onyx office (removed Rudra from this part) and added new
escape scene.
- Stage 8: added Shiva's mansion entrance and a final extension scene,
improved Brito's boat scenes (more enemies, objects and some visual changes).
- Other changes: replaced some songs, improved traffic and small palette and
object updates (like the new women bag).

Great! This outta hold me over till Don Vecta releases his Mighty Final Fight EX(or whatever the next mod is getting released). Appreciate the update.
graylandertagger
graylandertagger
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:28 pm

Stages and effects look great, one for co-op next time my buddy calls round Smile

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:51 am

Papa's got a brand "new" mod... kinda. Downloading.

Last edited by Don Vecta on Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:07 pm; edited 3 times in total

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:11 pm

Don Vecta wrote:Papa's got a brand new mod. Downloading.

Hope you like Smile

PS: Exclamation Embarassed Found a small imperfection while playing a different path, stage 3 scene 7 was set as auto sending to the next scene (Sega club). Change it to go to scene 4 instead (front of stairs outside The Girl club). If you don't know how make this change, I re-upped the game and the link in the first post should already contain the fix.
oracle
oracle
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:08 pm

And here it goes another video without monetization (the amount of copyrighted material is huge). :-(

Yes, yet again another updated version of BFR2 (I think this is the fourth IIRC?), with a new path, new effects and basically more stages with a new battle scheme.
While some of the new scene effects and style are definitely impressive (gotta give kudos for the huge amount of creativity in using the SORmaker tools and features), I still believe they could have been used in another brand new mod.

Anyways, the mod is, as expected, beautiful but with a huge lack of novelty except the new routes. And despite this version being the "Olympic edition" of the game, unfortunately, there's no reference of the Rio's 2016 Olympic Games whatsoever. :-P

We definitely need a new mod from this creative modder. Yes, a NEW mod. Not another update.

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:07 pm

Don Vecta wrote:
We definitely need a new mod from this creative modder. Yes, a NEW mod. Not another update.

Nice recording Don. LOL for Natalie's comment in the video Smile

Some of the new scenes existed as unfinished ideas from the first BFR2 alpha, but now I found the inspiration to finish them. I'm trying to do a 100% work, like Natalie says, with Syndicate 2058, but because of some recent changes in my life config, I realized it may take a while (new ETA is end of 2017). Meanwhile I'm really happy to release this update. Cheers!
oracle
oracle
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  celestinx Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:45 am

Mirror for the latest update added: https://firedrop.com/17ba799c010249c33ad0c27a1b1f3e44
celestinx
celestinx
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  cabo-hicks Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:07 pm

if this game have the rio olimpics thign inside, then...

could you add one stage on a gas station?
one where we must stop an american drunk competitor, destroying the place. just as happened in the rio games.

cause that will be absolubtly hillarious!  Laughing  Laughing .

cabo-hicks
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:40 am

Man this was fabulous! Getting drunk in the club and seeing kangaroos driving motorbikes, agent gold with viking helmet and zebra asking the time of the day?!?

What creativity!

That drink in the mod though, which caused the hallucinations to the player, was an easter egg for me actually, from real life! Imagine that when i had been 13 and in a ship cruising for summer vacation, they offered free drinks on board and i got myself one, thinking it was a soft drink for refreshment... Instead, it was a blue cocktail, the same fashion as the one in the mod! Later, i learnt it was the "Blue Angel" and was a particularly strong one, with a mix of "white" spirits inside (vodka, rum and other 2 i don't remember now), plus blue curacao and 1 or two more ingredients! That one was my first major drink knockdown! I was thirsty from the sun/heat, so i drunk it quickly, then fell asleep for half a day or something, remembering nothing when i woke up!
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  oracle Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:25 pm

Security wrote:Man this was fabulous! Getting drunk in the club and seeing kangaroos driving motorbikes, agent gold with viking helmet and zebra asking the time of the day?!?

Happy that you liked it! LOL for the real experience with the blue cocktail! Razz

I'm spending a couple of months in a city nearby Rio, in a neighborhood called Icaraí, reason for the delay I mentioned in my last reply with the making of the Syndicate 2058 mod. Having thoughts about a Icarai inspired mod mission before going back study

From here you can still see Rio from distance:
Battle for Rio 2 - Page 3 25hh4ro

@celestinx & @cabo-hicks, thanks for the mirror and suggestions!
oracle
oracle
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:32 pm

Rio is paradise on earth! I love you

Thanks for the picture! What a Face
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:25 am

oracle wrote:
Security wrote:Man this was fabulous! Getting drunk in the club and seeing kangaroos driving motorbikes, agent gold with viking helmet and zebra asking the time of the day?!?

Happy that you liked it! LOL for the real experience with the blue cocktail! Razz

I'm spending a couple of months in a city nearby Rio, in a neighborhood called Icaraí, reason for the delay I mentioned in my last reply with the making of the Syndicate 2058 mod. Having thoughts about a Icarai inspired mod mission before going back study

From here you can still see Rio from distance:
Battle for Rio 2 - Page 3 25hh4ro

@celestinx & @cabo-hicks, thanks for the mirror and suggestions!

I'm seeing something else besides Rio... Twisted Evil

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:40 am

Don Vecta wrote:

The small island with the tree? And the big one to the right with technology? Yes, i notice that they conflict with each other, but i don't change opinion, Rio IS paradise on earth! pirat
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Saven Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:21 am

Don Vecta wrote:

Yeah, the ocean is pretty apparent in the picture I agree.
Saven
Saven

Back to top Go down

Post  Security Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:48 am

Saven wrote:
Don Vecta wrote:

Yeah, the ocean is pretty apparent in the picture I agree.

Now that you mention it, the sand, the sand too! The golden colored, smooth-silk to the touch, scorching lucky sand! No beach is good unless there is soft sand around!
Security
Security
Fog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next