SorR Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streets of Rage Remake mod - The Punisher

+6
KFCutman
BigDarsh
graylandertagger
Don Vecta
DarkThief
Cm_Blast
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Streets of Rage Remake mod - The Punisher - Page 2 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake mod - The Punisher

Post  Don Vecta Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:43 pm

Keep only one Gaulle but with bar and half for Mania and the rest of the mooks normally. We don't need two Gaulles

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Streets of Rage Remake mod - The Punisher - Page 2 Empty Re: Streets of Rage Remake mod - The Punisher

Post  DarkThief Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:35 am

Don Vecta wrote:Caj and me discovered it. The No Item feature locks the slot, thus they won't steal anything. I set it on purpose on many on my mods, like the Survival Mode in Subway Mayhem.

Hmm, interesting. Maybe that explains the huge difference in food grabbing between various mods - eg. on Way of the Warrior it happened 2-3 times at most over 12 runs, whereas on Fists of the Street it happens every stage unless you take it quickly. (in some cases it gets grabbed within 1-2 secs of being revealed)
DarkThief
DarkThief
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:24 pm

I changed the "only 2 players" for "hard or Above" of all enemies except the two Mr.X (they still "only 2 players"), and rise up a little the life of the gunners (just a little).

At the end I'll just leave the mod as is, without changing the cast.

Just want to do this balance and end this once and for all.

Fixed it the blur area in the elevator and the second elevator scene (through hidden level) now send you to the proper zone.
Plus now I increase the speed of the elevator, so if you kill quickly all the enemies you don't need to wait for so long.

By the way, now the enemies don't will grab food. In zones without food they still "auto". <-- If you see one guy taking food tell me.

I didn't test it yet, so if someone encounter something wrong report. This time I added all the galsias.pal (I hope).

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:44 am

I have a problem with 4share (A warning copyright stuff), so for now most of my mods (all fantasy mods) can't be downloaded using 4share, only skydrive.

If someone want the mod I can upload it elsewhere.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  KFCutman Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:25 pm

Ugh, well that sucks. You could try Sendspace or Mediafire.

-teh deemomanz wuz hr3
KFCutman
KFCutman
Donovan

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:12 pm

I talked to someone about this: 4share just can detect the name and the size of the files, but no the content, So I decided to re-upload all the mods to 4share again, but I'm gonna change their names, for example:
Sorr: TP
Sorr: TKOF
Sorr: C&D
Sorr: TSA

For "The Punisher", "The King of dragons", "Cadillacs & Dinosaurs", "The Simpsons Arcade" etc...

I will upload all the mods over time.

This mod was reuploaded in 4share. Now is called Sorr - TP, but the original folder still called "The punisher".

The rest of my mod were reuploaded and their links updated.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  cabo-hicks Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:42 pm

great! Wink

cabo-hicks
Hakuyo

Back to top Go down

Post  DEIA GAMES Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:34 pm

mr (Cm_Blast) your selected stages for your mod is very nice. you  have good tact . Very Happy
DEIA GAMES
DEIA GAMES
Galsia

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:12 pm

Another update, another set of custom items.

Streets of Rage Remake mod - The Punisher - Page 2 Nuevos10

Even those.
Streets of Rage Remake mod - The Punisher - Page 2 Objets10

The first post with the new link to 4share is updated.

Reuploaded the whole mod, the new palette (grenadier-biker-Buddy and the new boss to remplace the Abadede).

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:46 pm

something to play tonight Very Happy

EDIT: Played it.

Well, mod is fun, I felt it more enjoyable myself. Just like the others remade mods, the custom breakable items bring a lot back to life. Shame my cast of characters I suggested was never considered, though.

While I see the mod made great use of the breakable items, I believe the mod could also have get more benefit from the new platform build, especially in the train stage.

Also, the final credits can have the new feature to have the credits scrolling without having the character there, removing the lifebars and able to cancel the whole scroll with the press of a button.

Regardless, it is still a gorgeous mod, still not exploited to the max, but definitely better than the last build.

Withering Surface Entertainment presents: H.U.N.T.E.R. with its DLC Stories: Subway Mayhem & A Cold Quest for Peace. Adam's Story (main designer), Rushing Beat Remake, Final Fight CD Mini-mod(e), Double Dragon II The Revenge Megamix.
Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:36 pm

Don Vecta wrote:something to play tonight Very Happy

EDIT: Played it.

Well, mod is fun, I felt it more enjoyable myself. Just like the others remade mods, the custom breakable items bring a lot back to life. Shame my cast of characters I suggested was never considered, though.

While I see the mod made great use of the breakable items, I believe the mod could also have get more benefit from the new platform build, especially in the train stage.

Also, the final credits can have the new feature to have the credits scrolling without having the character there, removing the lifebars and able to cancel the whole scroll with the press of a button.

Regardless, it is still a gorgeous mod, still not exploited to the max, but definitely better than the last build.

I'm not sure about the yellow thing, that's something I didn't research too much yet and I don't know how the IA react to this neither.

The final credits, I wanted the character being there like in the original game (at least in 1 ending) but I know one mod that will use this feature for sure.

Thanks for replay it again.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:09 pm

no problem

playthrough

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Charco Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:15 am

Played through this with my buddy last night, the breakable objects add a lot to the game, really good fun!

Fecha : 17 – 3 – 03
*/

Primera linea de código escrita .. GO! GO! GO!
Charco
Charco
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Vecta Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:37 pm

I had some free time so wanted to play a mod. I was craving for Captain Commando, but I think I'll wait for its v5.1 update instead (if Cm_Blast makes it, that's it).

So, since there's no updated CC, decided to do a run in The Punisher with Zan (I'm trying to master him) and boy, found some awesome discoveries in his gameplay by using guns.

You see, they can basically have a 3-spray shooting without losing any ammo (it is possible to do this even when the weapon ran out of ammo), which make the RPG and the pea shooter particularly useful.

Anyways, waiting for Captain Commando next. Razz

Don Vecta
Don Vecta

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:09 am

I would like to add a bit of platforming in the train so I can merge some scenes there.

Is funny seeing people triggering enemies instead confronting the boss directly.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:44 pm

The Punisher, yeah. This is one of my favourite arcade game too. I never watch its movie on TV, but its game is great.

Unlike another MOD which I could see directly what your mistake is. This time, I need some clarification because I'm not sure whether its true or not

1. I heard if you change Jack to Galsia-3 as knife guy, right? However, both of them has a different name. Jack as "Bakosu" while Galsia-3 as "Bakuso". Which the correct name?

2. From stage 2, there is a guy called "Ruskin" which has a little appearance. According to Arcadequartermaster, his palettes should be in green, while in your MOD, he has a blue palettes. I'm not sure which the right color for him.

I love the idea to use Mr.X as regular enemy. For now, he got a role as Gaulle and Jigsaw. Has he ever got a role as Cool and Trench in previous version? Very Happy
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:09 pm

Persephone wrote:The Punisher, yeah. This is one of my favourite arcade game too. I never watch its movie on TV, but its game is great.

Unlike another MOD which I could see directly what your mistake is. This time, I need some clarification because I'm not sure whether its true or not

1. I heard if you change Jack to Galsia-3 as knife guy, right? However, both of them has a different name. Jack as "Bakosu" while Galsia-3 as "Bakuso". Which the correct name?

2. From stage 2, there is a guy called "Ruskin" which has a little appearance. According to Arcadequartermaster, his palettes should be in green, while in your MOD, he has a blue palettes. I'm not sure which the right color for him.

I love the idea to use Mr.X as regular enemy. For now, he got a role as Gaulle and Jigsaw. Has he ever got a role as Cool and Trench in previous version? Very Happy

Thanks. If it wasn't for you I was not going to find all those mistakes. Some of them I was aware (although forgot to change), but I totally missed the Bakosu name. the Jacks have the correct name, so rename to Bakosu to the galsias too.

Doing a quick look in a random arcade video on youtube, "Ruskin" appears wearing blue, so he it's blue at least in the game. I don't know if "Ruskin" has any other bonus compared to "Max" like worth more gold or anything.

Mr. X as Cool and Trench would be too much. Yeah, I know, I place Abadede before, but nah, Mr.X were Gaulle from the beggining.

A few complains come from mania-players for two reasons. One because for "hard or above" difficulty 2 Mr.X appears at the same time on stage 3. Then in the elevator appears two more, although this time at different waves. Also Jacks + Slash was too much (sometimes 4 or more at the same time).

With my balance change Jacks were changed into galsias-3, the extra Mr.X "hard or above" now only show at 2 players, which it's more fair (same with the other enemies, but the Mr.X were the first ones changed into only 2 players before the rest); At the end all the enemies that uses guns (which makes Frank and Nick to use theirs) have they life bar cut in half.

So yes, the current version have 1 X (2 as 2 player) with 60 HP while the previous one had 2 (if playing on hard or above) with 120 Hp. This affect most of the bongos, the Bronze/Silver/Gold trio, Slashs... This is the only reason all of them have like 20-40 hp; they used to have double.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:18 am

So, you're reducing those gunmen's health to 50% ???

Why you don't simply put a pistol or uzi like in the original game when Punisher use his gun? Even with their normal health, these weapons could finish them quickly.
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:25 pm

Persephone wrote:So, you're reducing those gunmen's health to 50% ???

Why you don't simply put a pistol or uzi like in the original game when Punisher use his gun? Even with their normal health, these weapons could finish them quickly.

How many uzi would be require to kill a 120 Mr.X and 3 Slash with 80-90 hp? 1 it's not enough, and I can't add too many on the terrain.

Also, in mania it's not that easy to land your bullets. The enemy moving so fast and, even if you manage to land all the bullets, another enemy it's going to hit you one way or another during the shooting.

I didn't want a player to miss too many bullets (or being hit trying to use it) and then fighting in close combat against that X, Slash and bongo 2 with +80 HP.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:56 pm

Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:57 pm

Additional info :

I've already investigated a guy called Ruskin. Yes, he has a blue palettes, so Arcadequartermaster put a wrong palettes for him Very Happy

By the way, after some experiments, I was found a something interesting. Ruskin sometimes can do "rolling" which his counterparts can't do it. You can check it by yourself Smile

But keep Vice as him. Just because he can do rolling move, it doesn't mean Bongo-3 can replace him unless you're like to use more than one type of mooks for each enemy xD
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:47 pm

Persephone wrote:Additional info :

I've already investigated a guy called Ruskin. Yes, he has a blue palettes, so Arcadequartermaster put a wrong palettes for him Very Happy

By the way, after some experiments, I was found a something interesting. Ruskin sometimes can do "rolling" which his counterparts can't do it. You can check it by yourself Smile

But keep Vice as him. Just because he can do rolling move, it doesn't mean Bongo-3 can replace him unless you're like to use more than one type of mooks for each enemy xD

If the enemies were Galsia2 I could use Galsia 3 for him, but anyway; just because he do one move more I am not going to change the enemy. There are barely Beat em up games which have the same behaviour as Galsia 2 (1 single punch); I mean, even sor 1 have 2 punchs; but anyway; just Vice and that's it.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:43 am

Sorry for late reply. I'm too busy xD

I've finished editing your MOD into "Don Vecta version" as he said in previous page (Signal-2 as Max, Signal-3 as Dean, etc). I will post the video later.

Hmm, when editing, I found more mistakes (still need clarification though)

1. In stage 4 (train), in first encounter with "Luna", I see an unusual HP on her. Why? As far as I know, you're usually make enemy's HP multiplied by 5 (50,60,65,etc) but her HP is 66 (if I'm not mistaken). It's possible this was a mistake or in original game, her HP in that location is different than other Luna's

2. In final stage, after entering main hall, there are 2 Max. But in original game, I remember when one of them is a Ruskin along with Bakosu which both of them can do rolling and it's pretty annoying battle. Maybe there is no Ruskin at current location in other version ?

3. In elevator scene on final stage (the location where Jigsaw appears) check the Biker at the leftmost side of the map. His name and palettes doesn't synchronized at all. Uh I mean, Wow Cat with pink color? Wow Cat should be in red color, while pink color is for Red Lamp. So, who actually he is?

That's all I know
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cm_Blast Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:19 pm

Persephone wrote:Sorry for late reply. I'm too busy xD

I've finished editing your MOD into "Don Vecta version" as he said in previous page (Signal-2 as Max, Signal-3 as Dean, etc). I will post the video later.

Hmm, when editing, I found more mistakes (still need clarification though)

That's all I know

Don't take my values as absolute. Most the times I use an estimation; so I could do mistakes and sometimes 2 enemies in the original game have the same hp but then I give 60 to 1 and 65 to the other.

being said this. My Luna has 65 hp. Maybe because you are editing you change it withouth noticing.

Yeah, those two other were mistakes. I was not going to bother with the ruskin, but since I am doing the red-lamp/cat name change I'll make the 2º round "max" to be a ruskin now.

The biker palette it's the correct, the name was wrong.
In the original game there is a difference between red lamp and the wow cat. One drop the weapon when you hit him while the other only drop the weapon when it's dead. It's interesting.

Cm_Blast
Forum Elder

Back to top Go down

Post  Persephone Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:42 pm

Hmm, for Luna problem, I will check it later, probably it's my fault

I want to ask something. Why grenadier enemy called "Buddy" has a high HP while in original they have a very low HP? Btw, it's funny to see those Bikers goes suicide when appears in scene before final boss room xD
Persephone
Persephone
Signal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next